What masks do you think The Yesterday Quest toa should have?

Well, the title of this topic is pretty self explanatory. Basically, what kanohi do you think The Yesterday Quest toa team should have, with the exception of Chiara, because its been confirmed that she has a volitak.

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

I'm only going on faint memory and BS01's personality descriptions but here's an attempt.

Orde -- Anything befitting impatience. Speed or Quick Travel would make sense except I don't think they fit the plot. Maybe Fate (which should be called Luck; the Calix). Or Possibilities. But I think to fit the plot something more basic is needed, like Strength. I'd say Telekinesis except he already has that from Psionics.

Zaria -- Something very flexible in application, I think, so he can maximize productivity. Maybe Sensory Aptitude, or one of the masks that lets you take on other powers temporarily; Emulation & Conjuring, or Adaptation to be able to handle any environment. Not Kindred IMO but only because it's been used twice already.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You know what? That's a good question. The only problem: we don't have any proof to the masks that they own. I mean, any Toa can have any mask, as long as its not: immoral, only one of (Avohkii,etc), or legendary. But you said think. I have to say, this topic is quite broad, and there are many possibilities. So I'm not sure.

Not Kindred IMO but only because it's been used twice already.

The Volitak has been used twice before, on Nidhiki and Nuparu, and yet Chiara wears one.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Not Kindred IMO but only because it's been used twice already.

The Volitak has been used twice before, on Nidhiki and Nuparu, and yet Chiara wears one.

True. "Only" isn't quite what I meant to say, though, on second thought. Kindred also seems a bit less flexible. There have to be Rahi with the desired traits that share your general environment. And those traits apparently have to be actual powers. Maybe not the best for maximizing productivity. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Orde - I see him with any mask that allows him to hit things. Probably Strength, or, given that he's telekinetic, Accuracy. There is some slant evidence that pins him with Strength:

Orde picked up a heavy branch. “Then let’s go beat it out of him.”

Gelu smiled. With a boost from Orde, he reached a tree branch up above the water. Then he helped the Toa up.

Orde might just be naturally strong, but it seems like he likes using that strength, whatever mask he has. Probably would pick a Mask that would enable that.

Zaria - This Toa seems more the laid-back type, restless, but a little relentless. Seems that he would want answers, and he knows that he has the power to get them, but doesn't like using it because it has gone too far in the past. He's the one asking the questions. I can picture him using a Rode. Or he might like a Huna/Voltiak, which would explain how he managed to avoid getting killed both by the Makuta who wanted him dead and the Toa who remembered his killing long ago. (But having two Toa with concealment masks in the same story is kinda lame/redundant IMO, so I lean towards the Rode).

Orde - I see him with any mask that allows him to hit things. Probably Strength, or, given that he's telekinetic, Accuracy. There is some slant evidence that pins him with Strength:

Gelu smiled. With a boost from Orde, he reached a tree branch up above the water. Then he helped the Toa up.

Orde might just be naturally strong, but it seems like he likes using that strength, whatever mask he has. Probably would pick a Mask that would enable that. Zaria - This Toa seems more the laid-back type, restless, but a little relentless. Seems that he would want answers, and he knows that he has the power to get them, but doesn't like using it because it has gone too far in the past. He's the one asking the questions. I can picture him using a Rode. Or he might like a Huna/Voltiak, which would explain how he managed to avoid getting killed both by the Makuta who wanted him dead and the Toa who remembered his killing long ago. (But having two Toa with concealment masks in the same story is kinda lame/redundant IMO, so I lean towards the Rode).
Both thing you mentioned could also be archieved woth telekiness ain't it?Orde being the one he is I'd also go with Pakari or HauZaria being the smart one should wear a Akaku or Rode indeed.

I'm back!

Orde might just be naturally strong, but it seems like he likes using that strength, whatever mask he has. Probably would pick a Mask that would enable that.

I came up with that very theory once myself. iirc it was shot down.

Also, in hindsight, the "boost from Orde" Gelu got to get into the tree, could've been Orde's Psionic powers, ie. telekinesis. He did have his powers back by then.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

You know what? That's a good question. The only problem: we don't have any proof to the masks that they own.

That's the point of this thread. Since we don't know what their masks are, what should they be?
Exactly. But I'm saying, we can't just randomly assign masks to them. Masks doesn't always correspond to the user's personality, or what the users do.

But I'm saying, we can't just randomly assign masks to them. Masks doesn't always correspond to the user's personality, or what the users do.

We've had thousands of topics like this allowed, and this is off-topic. It's not necessarily about getting canon choices made, but about what people's opinions are on the question; their preferences. And of course, if Greg were to read this and take note that something is popular, has good reasons, etc. he very well may assign those masks to them. As he has done with many things in the past.

Also, Toa do tend to choose masks based in some way on their personality. That makes it not random.

And this should be the last such off-topic post. Thanks for listening, and back on topic now, please.

Makes me think: If I was a Psionics Toa and did have a Pakari, would that "Strength boost" extend to my telekinetic powers? But I don't think that Orde would resort to telekinesis to boost Gelu or to lift branches. As the poster boy for why Psionics was given a "gentler touch", he would seem more the type to ditch the mental powers as a first resort and rely on them only when he has to.

“That settles it then,” said Gelu. “Kabrua must have information on the Great Beings. Who else would know how to turn off a Toa?”Orde picked up a heavy branch. “Then let’s go beat it out of him.”

That's his first response, physical combat. Not using the mental powers. So I doubt he would be using telekinesis there. Probably just me, though.

Given the evidence i'd have to agree with most of the others and say i'd imagine Orde would have a Pakari.

With Zaria we don't have much to go on, but i'd like to think it was something stealth or deception based like the Mahiki or Huna. Being able to avoid the BoM for that long where his other brethren fell so quickly. Also the ambush, naturally you would pick Chiara for the Volitak but why Zaria?

On the other hand Zaria was the one who planned the ambush wasn't he? Think about it, totally unfamiliar with the lay of the land, boom, finds the perfect ambush spot even before Gelu does. The Arthron perhaps? This would also explain his apparent ability to avoid the BoM by virtue of the fact he can sense them long before they reach him

I like what I'm hearing so far for Orde, though since there are a bunch of different ideas for Zaria, I'll throw out a few too.For the ambush thing, perhaps an Iden to view the landscape; this could also be useful for scouting around to see if the Brotherhood was chasing him. Doesn't really fit his personality, though, I think.One thing that hasn't come up that is an effective stealth mask is the Mask of Intangibility. Zaria could easily use that to escape pretty easily from just about anyone, assuming he had time to escape. (Also, he and Chiara would make a great tag team. Can't see one, can't hit the other, combined with two very dangerous elements.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits