• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Velika

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Takanuva of Twilight

Takanuva of Twilight
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 346 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 05:53 PM

Here's a painting I did during study hall in the art room; Velika. Recently when I found out

Spoiler

I wanted to do something involving him, and while listening to the song Never Too Late by Three Days Grace I got the idea to show him kneeling, possibly mourning, but he's at least sad.  The actual drawing was outlined in black Sharpie (thinking about maybe going over it with Sharpie again) and colored with Prismacolor colored pencils, and then the background was painted with watercolors.

Posted Image

I'm thinking about adding stars into the black sky in the background with regular, non-watercolor paint, but I also really like the way it looks right now. I know I won't be doing anything to the sand though; I just love the way it came out!  :D

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Edited by Takanuva of Twilight, Mar 07 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#2 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,905 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 05:58 PM

That's a nice painting. I think the background looks great, like shadows in his memory. I've seen a lot of different art types on BZPower, but this is the first painting I saw so far. The legs look skinny, as in not wide enough, and you can't really make out the details on his mask. Good job, still.

#3 Offline VoxuChro

VoxuChro
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 06:01 PM

wow prettu good capturing of him. with the background you can actually get a sense of his feelings, kinda of reminds me when matoro found out matanui died, 

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

aQ85UI0.png

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#4 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,535 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 06:15 PM

I like this painting, though I would suggest that you make the ground look elevated. So as to show where he is.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#5 Offline Takanuva of Twilight

Takanuva of Twilight
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 346 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 06:20 PM

That's a nice painting. I think the background looks great, like shadows in his memory. I've seen a lot of different art types on BZPower, but this is the first painting I saw so far. The legs look skinny, as in not wide enough, and you can't really make out the details on his mask. Good job, still.

Thanks! I've noticed digital art (or at least coloring) is used a lot, but I'm a bit new to it, and still prefer traditional mediums.  ;) Painting is actually something I don't use too often; more often I use colored pencils, like on Velika himself, but when I was in the art room I decided to take advantage of the materials there. One thing I actually had trouble on was the front of the mask, due to the positioning, so I'll have to watch that if I ever do a pose like this in another drawing. I can see what you mean with the skinny legs. The funny part is they were actually a bit wider when I first drew him and I had to make them smaller; maybe somewhere in the middle of the two extremes would have been better.

wow prettu good capturing of him. with the background you can actually get a sense of his feelings, kinda of reminds me when matoro found out matanui died, 

Thanks! I wasn't trying to allude to that scene, but now that you mention it I can definitely see it!

I like this painting, though I would suggest that you make the ground look elevated. So as to show where he is.

I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but then I went back and noticed what you meant. I'll have to keep that in mind, thanks!

#6 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 622 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 08:28 PM

I don't think the spoiler tags are needed anymore, by the way. and for some reason, I can't see the picture. :P

76561198084895102.png

#7 Offline Takanuva of Twilight

Takanuva of Twilight
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 346 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 08:37 PM

I don't think the spoiler tags are needed anymore, by the way. and for some reason, I can't see the picture. :P

I put the there just to be safe.  :P And can you maybe see it from this link? http://s1058.beta.ph...11f403.jpg.html

#8 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 511 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 08:42 PM

I think the black sky reflects how he feels, really good!

broap_publicity.jpg

#9 Offline Takanuva of Twilight

Takanuva of Twilight
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 346 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think the black sky reflects how he feels, really good!

Thanks! That's sort of what I was going for, so I'm really glad you saw it as that!  :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users