Velika

Here's a painting I did during study hall in the art room; Velika. Recently when I found out

he was revealed to be a Great Being,

I wanted to do something involving him, and while listening to the song Never Too Late by Three Days Grace I got the idea to show him kneeling, possibly mourning, but he's at least sad. The actual drawing was outlined in black Sharpie (thinking about maybe going over it with Sharpie again) and colored with Prismacolor colored pencils, and then the background was painted with watercolors.

Velika_zps1611f403.jpg

I'm thinking about adding stars into the black sky in the background with regular, non-watercolor paint, but I also really like the way it looks right now. I know I won't be doing anything to the sand though; I just love the way it came out! :D

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Edited by Takanuva of Twilight

That's a nice painting. I think the background looks great, like shadows in his memory. I've seen a lot of different art types on BZPower, but this is the first painting I saw so far. The legs look skinny, as in not wide enough, and you can't really make out the details on his mask. Good job, still.

wow prettu good capturing of him. with the background you can actually get a sense of his feelings, kinda of reminds me when matoro found out matanui died,

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

That's a nice painting. I think the background looks great, like shadows in his memory. I've seen a lot of different art types on BZPower, but this is the first painting I saw so far. The legs look skinny, as in not wide enough, and you can't really make out the details on his mask. Good job, still.

Thanks! I've noticed digital art (or at least coloring) is used a lot, but I'm a bit new to it, and still prefer traditional mediums. ;) Painting is actually something I don't use too often; more often I use colored pencils, like on Velika himself, but when I was in the art room I decided to take advantage of the materials there. One thing I actually had trouble on was the front of the mask, due to the positioning, so I'll have to watch that if I ever do a pose like this in another drawing. I can see what you mean with the skinny legs. The funny part is they were actually a bit wider when I first drew him and I had to make them smaller; maybe somewhere in the middle of the two extremes would have been better.

wow prettu good capturing of him. with the background you can actually get a sense of his feelings, kinda of reminds me when matoro found out matanui died,

Thanks! I wasn't trying to allude to that scene, but now that you mention it I can definitely see it!

I like this painting, though I would suggest that you make the ground look elevated. So as to show where he is.

I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but then I went back and noticed what you meant. I'll have to keep that in mind, thanks!

I don't think the spoiler tags are needed anymore, by the way. and for some reason, I can't see the picture. :P

I put the there just to be safe. :P And can you maybe see it from this link? http://s1058.beta.photobucket.com/user/Legomaster34/media/BIONICLE%20Artwork/Velika_zps1611f403.jpg.html

I think the black sky reflects how he feels, really good!

Thanks! That's sort of what I was going for, so I'm really glad you saw it as that! :D