MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

To be honest, once you know the API of a coding system, it's fairly similar to every other scripting language out there [:P] I was able to code a small flipper game in Khan Academy without any lessons on their language, because I took what I knew from C# and wrote it in a different way. That's all there is to it [:P] If you know one code, you know them all [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

So I'm not going to sugarcoat it, I'm going to tell it like it is.

I've been traveling for work a lot, which leaves me with little to no time to work on this project recently.

Apparently I have a lot in common with scratchR

.... and how to write extremely elaborate stories with too many characters...

I tend to bite off way more than I can chew...

I had this great idea to build an isometric fighting engine to supplement the game, however it was too much for one person to do alone.

and now that I've invested so much time into it, I cant bring myself to just scratch it out of the game.

Ever finish a game and then just sit through the credits?..... aaaand 15 minutes later your still watching credits.... I'm starting to understand why it takes an army of people to build video games.

I'm still going to try to get Chapter 2 part 2 done.. I want to leave this game in a place where others can pick it up easily if there is interest to continue this and not leave them with half-completed stuff.

so,

Is this project dead?

Yes and No, I am going to continue wrapping up the battle Engine and Chapter 2 part 2 if I can, but beyond that I cant realistically see this going much further.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything like that, but it seems like BIONICLE fan projects are quite literally cursed. Everytime a bigger BIONICLE fan project, like a game, a graphic novel, animation etc. is announced, and everyone goes crazy for it, it is eventually cancelled, put on hold indefinitively, or the creator just disappears. It's quite sad. I undersatnd why it is hard to build something like this, and why you feel like you may want to quit, and I don't see any fault in it. It's just depressing that it happens a lot in our fandom. Not trying to say "Come on!" Not at all. I am just talking aboutr in general, how our projects seem to fall apart often, like the new MNOG3D that everyone was so overly nuts about.

I really want to know, though, if it would be possible for you to make this game if people helped? Some of our projects fall apart when there's more as well, actually often, but if you come up with a screening process to find the most qualified people, and if you manage the project wisely, which is pretty much where all projects like this one collapses, you could really make this happen. If you're going to let others continue the game, just like they did with MNOG3D, you might as well continue it yourself but with other people. Let them build what you describe, then tweak it and build on it in the weekends. If that is completely impossible, I see no reason not to give up the files to other people like you suggested :) But maybe you should give them to some specific people instead of just uploading them here for everyone. Not because I think you should restrict access or anything. The fact just is, when people give up project files like this to everyone, the project always seems to fade into obscurity, never to be touched again, while if you find someone who you know to be dedicated, and talented, and give the project to that person, it might actually lead somewhere. Do you know what I mean? :)

Edited by Lukas Exemplar
  • Upvote 1

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame about it stopping, I thought it was a really nice idea. But also, does it just end with nothing more you can do in Ta-Koro in Chap. 2? Cause I'm stuck, there doesn't seem to be anything else I can do.

Ah, wait, scratch that, I hadn't properly checked the apartments. I say again, I hope someone decides to pick this up, it would be epic if it was finished. My only complaint is that the Matoran forgot how to use grammar.

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

i would like to help the project but i cant ,i havent so much knowless in flash and im bussy but if one day if i can help you  with the project , i will do it (it will take a long time before i can help... sinfff).but the best point of all is that the project is still "alive".

i never work with flash but basic flash seams esay to my eyes .

i would like to help the project but i cant ,i havent so much knowless in flash and im bussy but if one day if i can help you  with the project , i will do it (it will take a long time before i can help... sinfff).but the best point of all is that the project is still "alive".

i never work with flash but basic flash seams esay to my eyes .

darkeluim, please make sure to check the date of the last post in a topic before replying. Your post breaks the following rule:

3) No topic revival. Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for sixty days or more. Note: Topic starters are exempt from this rule and may revive their own topics ONLY to announce an update or a new preview. All other cases will result in topic closure.

The last post in this topic was made on August 12 of last year, so your post exceeds the sixty-day limit by over four months.

Topic closed.