MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

Phylo606, you need to complete all the tasks before finding Kaparu for Jaller. Those tasks are, finding out who is missing for Whenua by talking to Midak and the other Onu-Matoran. In order to talk to Midak, you need to "move" him to Kapura's room, where you'll be able to talk to him about what happened at Po-Koro. Once you found every one who's missing, you then need to report to Whenua, and then Kapura will be back in his room for you to take him over to Jaller.

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

Phylo606, you need to complete all the tasks before finding Kaparu for Jaller. Those tasks are, finding out who is missing for Whenua by talking to Midak and the other Onu-Matoran. In order to talk to Midak, you need to "move" him to Kapura's room, where you'll be able to talk to him about what happened at Po-Koro. Once you found every one who's missing, you then need to report to Whenua, and then Kapura will be back in his room for you to take him over to Jaller.

Thanks FoF, helpful as always :) Phylo, this is indeed the part where chapter 2 ends, and (as stated above) hopefully chapter 2 is in the works. The trouble is we only have 2 people, and Nuparu is the only real expert on flash. I would love to have more people on the team that know what theyre doing, but alas, I'm not sure who does :(

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Thanks FoF, helpful as always :) Phylo, this is indeed the part where chapter 2 ends, and (as stated above) hopefully chapter 2 is in the works. The trouble is we only have 2 people, and Nuparu is the only real expert on flash. I would love to have more people on the team that know what theyre doing, but alas, I'm not sure who does :(

Do you just need people who know how to use flash?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Do you just need people who know how to use flash?

I should talk to Nuparu about it first, by I believe its gonna be necessary. :P

Tu2d6W7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having recently played through this, two things I'd like to say:

1> Awesome Game.

2> Have you got someone to do spelling/grammar on the dialogue?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

2> Have you got someone to do spelling/grammar on the dialogue?

I kind of am. I do it through the walkthrough as I don't know how to edit the files for it. I've sent them two versions, one with the revisions and one without for everyone to see. I know I can use some help with it, as proof reading is usually something someone other than the writer does.

FoF

Send me the dialogue. I noticed a few 'your' in place of 'you're' and similar errors. The dialogue taken directly from the Bohrok Animations was fine, but there were missing capital letters and a few other mistakes. You need at least two people making sure the writing's ok; the writer and an editor.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

This may have been asked already, but are you using old sprites and backgrounds from the real game, or building a look-a-like from scratch?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Played through this yesterday and was nice and fun. I couldn't help think it was all moving too fast though. If you can add any small distractions to pad out the first part of the game (the deliveries) I think that would be a bonus. Also the avalanche bit I found hugely frustrating. I died twice before I was halfway down and then skipped it as it just wasn't fun. Don't get me wrong, it's very well implemented and is a welcome addition to the game but it needs to be shorter at the very least and it gets crazy pretty fast! Maybe it would be better as an event which you're epected to lose as that little vid is ecellent and having the event end on that would be great.

Finally, I didn't find any bugs so great work! The stairways in Ta-Koro (with their very square bricks) really don't look right yet though and need work to fit in with the rest of the game. Also there's a LOT of spelling and grammar to be worked on, including lots of text boxes starting without correct capitalisation. The post awakening stuff has all been really good so far, Po Koro and the bridge (though I struggled with the gears!!!) Hope there's lots more to come so keep up the good work!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

The Battle Engine is finally in a playable state!!
Yes that's right,
a mere 10 months of working, programming and debugging on my free-time has finally produced a result that I can show to all of you loyal (and patient) fans.
Is it done yet? no.... but I'm getting really close!

I still need to add more Terrain types, Player Units, Enemy Units, Animations, and sounds to the game.
All of the fundamental components of the game are finished though, including Map Generation, Map zooming/rotation, pathfinding algorithm, Unit Movement, Unit attacking, Computer AI, and pages of pages of code that make it all work. B-)

[Download Here]

Screenshots:
battle10.png

In Anticipation of incoming questions, here are some answers up front:
This cool, but what is it?
I was looking around at how a lot of games all had their own battle systems, and thought "why not add one to MNOLG 1.5?"
This minigame will be used throughout the rest of MNOLG1.5 whenever a battle with the Bohrok ensues.

This is taking you a long time, do you regret devoting all this time to just one minigame?
Despite how long this has taken I still believe that it is worth it, and here's why:
After making the Snowboard minigame, I realized that one-time-use minigames where going to be a pain to keep re-inventing over and over.
So I decided to spend extra time making one well-built minigame that can be used over and over again without having to make anything from scratch.
That is why I usually refer to this as an 'engine' not a 'minigame' I can use this framework to quickly create a lot of unique battle games without much coding at all.

How Easy is it to make / modify a map?
It's actually quite simple because I've not only built a game engine but I made editors for it as well.
This way generating a battle event will be super simple for me later on.
The editors are the .xlsm excel files in the game_grid folder.

Map Editor: game_grid_terrain_rev6
This will modify the map and unit placement. Press the "Export ALL" button on the 3D Map Tab to save all changes to the map.

Unit Database Editor: game_grid_unitdata_rev8
This will modify unit attributes: damage, speed, attack range, etc...
There is another excel file: Unit Stats Explanation that attempts to explain what some of these stats do, and how other unit characteristics are calculated.
Press the "Test Export" button on the Export Tab to save changes.

Wow Nuparu77, your so cool! Thanks for taking the time to not play Minecraft and make this awesome game!
Aw gosh, thanks so much. You know its little thank-you's like this that make it all worth it.
and yes, coming home after a long days work and not just zoning-out and starting up Minecraft may be one of my toughest mind-over-matter challenges yet.

Battle Engine? That's nice... Now when will the next chapter be released?!?
I cannot give a definitive answer to when the next chapter will be out, I've tried giving definitive answers to Indigogeek and some others but, something always comes up be it real life or a bug in the game that takes me a while to trace/locate/find/and squish. And before I know it I'm way past the time I thought the task would be done.
One of the main reasons I haven't been able to accurately pinpoint release dates is because of this battle engine. I've never made a minigame this big before.
However once this Battle Engine is officially complete I should be able to more accurately predict release dates for the remaining chapters. In fact I'm playing around with the idea of actually trying to release a chapter every month, maybe put up a "development progress bar" or something.

Your last post was on Jun 24th, 4 months ago, why don't you talk more?
[Lame excuse that makes it sound like I'm not lazy]...I uh, have a bad internet connection...[/Lame excuse that makes it sound like I'm not lazy]

Seriously though, I usually just relay things to Indigogeek, which is great because it allows me to focus on programming and developing this game.

I do read the forums quite frequently though, and usually answer technical questions or bug reports.

Is someone checking your grammar/spelling?

yes, I have people fixing the grammar and spelling issues.

However I am not going to make a special release for just those changes.

The spelling and grammar issues for chapters 1 and 2 part 1 will be fixed when I release chapter 2 part 2.

Edited by Nuparu77
  • Upvote 3

boxor_10.jpg

MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

~Fan-Made Game~

Just one thing to keep in mind: gahlok fled onu-koro because they were confused by the machine. the boxors are designed to take out bohrok-va(I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a fight in onu-koro) nice work btw :3

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

Just one thing to keep in mind: gahlok fled onu-koro because they were confused by the machine. the boxors are designed to take out bohrok-va(I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a fight in onu-koro) nice work btw :3

Are you positive about boxor only being able to take out bohrok va? If that was the case then no boxor would show up at ga-koro, or Le-koro.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Where is this info from?  Cause the Boxors are only ever shown fighting Bohrok.  And, as Indigogeek points out, the Bohrok are at Le-Koro and Ga-Koro.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

If you're thinking about that fight at Ga-Koro where the Boxors were out powered, it was more of a terrain thing than it not being able to defeat the Bohrok. You can go read the Wall of History entry about it the encounter with the Gahlok. It's titled "New Invention Saves Onu-Koro".

Edit:

Just looked at the Boxor on BS01. Under Features it states that a Boxor had enough force to disable a Bohrok-Va on it's own. Multiple Boxors were need to take down a Bohrok. This seems to contradict the entry on the Wall of History, which was originally posted by LEGO, that a single Boxor was able to clear a swarm of Gahlok out of Onu-Koro. I think someone who has either the guide or the encyclopedias so look this up, as it's confusing me.

Edited by Friend of Fire

FoF

Here is what BS01 says:"When swarms of Gahlok flooded Onu-Koro, Nuparu, Onepu, and Taipu were left trapped in a dark cave. In the cave with them was a Gahlok, disabled because it lost its Krana. While Onepu and Taipu tried to move some of the rubble so they could escape, Nuparu began tinkering with the Gahlok, eventually rebuilding the Bohrok into a towering machine that could be operated by a Matoran pilot. With Nuparu in the driver's seat, the newly-christened Boxor smashed through a wall in the cave and out into the flooded remains of Onu-Koro. Confused by the machine, the Gahlok fled the village."

But FoF is right. One boxor cannot take out a bohrok on it's own

P.S. does anybody have any idea what this blue highlight is? It happens everytime I copy paste something on BZP

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

Here is what BS01 says:"When swarms of Gahlok flooded Onu-Koro, Nuparu, Onepu, and Taipu were left trapped in a dark cave. In the cave with them was a Gahlok, disabled because it lost its Krana. While Onepu and Taipu tried to move some of the rubble so they could escape, Nuparu began tinkering with the Gahlok, eventually rebuilding the Bohrok into a towering machine that could be operated by a Matoran pilot. With Nuparu in the driver's seat, the newly-christened Boxor smashed through a wall in the cave and out into the flooded remains of Onu-Koro. Confused by the machine, the Gahlok fled the village."

But FoF is right. One boxor cannot take out a bohrok on it's own

P.S. does anybody have any idea what this blue highlight is? It happens everytime I copy paste something on BZP

That is probably the background of BS01, Try pasting as unformatted text.

bBhcfWO.png

Yes that's right,

a mere 10 months of working, programming and debugging on my free-time has finally produced a result that I can show to all of you loyal (and patient) fans.

I still need to add more Terrain types, Player Units, Enemy Units, Animations, and sounds to the game.

All of the fundamental components of the game are finished though, including Map Generation, Map zooming/rotation, pathfinding algorithm, Unit Movement, Unit attacking, Computer AI, and pages of pages of code that make it all work. B-)

[Download Here]

Screenshots:

battle10.png

Cool! Looking forward to when this is implemented into the game! ;)  :)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the game, it harkens back to the original very well.

However, I do have a few issues with eh dialogue, there are several noticeable typos that detract from the quality of this overall great game... Fix those and it would be (to me) perfect!

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind. Read your earlier post about these being fixed.

Edited by Lego_Zebra

Yes that's right,

[Download Here]

Screenshots:

battle10.png

Cool! Looking forward to when this is implemented into the game! ;)  :)

The new battle system greatly reminds me of the Robots of Zarm. For those of you unfamiliar with this Macromedia Director game, I've posted exclusive PCTs here.

Edited by Tren Krom

Come see my story-corrected Tahu And Takanuva MoCs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is chapter 2 new? I only played up to the invasion of Ta Koro, that was the end of chapter one wasn't it? Need to update my game if there is new content :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

If possible, i think that a local multiplayer can be a good thing for playing this game with friends.

I can tell you now, unless Nuparu quits his job and works full time on it, it's not gonna happen [:P] Even multiplayer on Unity, which has integrated networking support, is incredibly hard to use and understand [:P]So trying to program it in the java used for MNOG would be an incredible feat of coding [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey indigo, I really am glad you guys are working so hard, but I can't find any way to download ch. 2 pt. 2. Have you completed it yet? Because I have seen many flash animations and videos on YouTube that have footage from ch. 2 pt. 2, and from what I have seen and heard, that footage IS from pt. 2. Could you give me the link and give me the down low?

Thanks

bionicleman714

Hey indigo, I really am glad you guys are working so hard, but I can't find any way to download ch. 2 pt. 2. Have you completed it yet? Because I have seen many flash animations and videos on YouTube that have footage from ch. 2 pt. 2, and from what I have seen and heard, that footage IS from pt. 2. Could you give me the link and give me the down low?

Thanks

bionicleman714

They have not finished chapter 2 part 2. You've probably only seen the official 2002 Bohrok Swarms Flash Animations, which this game is based off of. That, or you've seen the tazakk's fan-made Bohrok Swarms episodes, which happen to also be set in the storyline of the 2002 Bohrok Swarms Flash Animations from the Bionicle website. They have finished a demo of the battle engine, however, and you can download it from the update announcement several posts above this post.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Thanks

bionicleman714

They have not finished chapter 2 part 2. You've probably only seen the official 2002 Bohrok Swarms Flash Animations, which this game is based off of. That, or you've seen the tazakk's fan-made Bohrok Swarms episodes, which happen to also be set in the storyline of the 2002 Bohrok Swarms Flash Animations from the Bionicle website. They have finished a demo of the battle engine, however, and you can download it from the update announcement several posts above this post.

I actually saw the animations on YouTube by legomation studios. Now I can see where these ideas came from. Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to share my thoughts on how the next part could turn out. Keep it up indigo and nuparu!