MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

So I just played the whole thing through, and my first thought is pretty simple. You're a genius, and I love it. There's also a weird mix of English and Matoran text which doesn't work too well.

Thanks, Glad you enjoyed it Taipu1. :)What do you mean by "a weird mix of English and Matoran"? are you referring to the ability to switch between the two?

Was there a button that did that? My bad, must've pressed it accidentally on several occasions or something. All I remember is, the numbers above the Ta-Koro rooms were English, the tunnel labels were Matoran, and I saw both English and Matoran on the two stones in the Po-Wahi desert. But if there was a way of switching, must've done that accidentally... Also I have an "It would be cool if" type idea. In the first Bohrok-Kal animation, there was a precarious looking bridge by a lavafall. That was still Ta-Koro how it was in MNOLG 1, and its a cool setting, so could be fitted in maybe?

I'm not sure if the bride you are talking about is the one I'm thinking of, but that one actually appears in MNOG II.To answer to your questions, Nuparu, I'd try to make a couple of cutscenes with intense battles and lots of Bohrok. Best would be a cutscene for each Toa and maybe one with several together. Maybe you could replicate some scenes from the comics? I would love to see the fight against the Bahrag, but maybe that's too ambitious already.You are definitely going to implement the 2002 animations into your game, aren't you?-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm not sure if the bride you are talking about is the one I'm thinking of, but that one actually appears in MNOG II.

It is that bridge, but it appears in the Kal animations as well. Straight off at the start of 'Theft of Fire'.

The stone bridge with a Lava Fall behind it.

Well, it could have been made in the first Bohrok attack in Ta-Koro, So have some Pahrak or something make it in a cutscene, then make it an actual location to get somewhere. Just an idea.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I'm not sure if the bride you are talking about is the one I'm thinking of, but that one actually appears in MNOG II.

It is that bridge, but it appears in the Kal animations as well. Straight off at the start of 'Theft of Fire'.

The stone bridge with a Lava Fall behind it.Well, it could have been made in the first Bohrok attack in Ta-Koro, So have some Pahrak or something make it in a cutscene, then make it an actual location to get somewhere. Just an idea.

I know where it appears. Now that I notice, though, it's quite strange that Jaller and Takua enter Ta-Koro the same way as in MNOG, whereas when you play MNOG II, there is actually no way they could do that.The first Bohrok attack on Ta-Koro was by Kohrak, I think.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

The stone bridge with a Lava Fall behind it.Well, it could have been made in the first Bohrok attack in Ta-Koro, So have some Pahrak or something make it in a cutscene, then make it an actual location to get somewhere. Just an idea.

I know where it appears. Now that I notice, though, it's quite strange that Jaller and Takua enter Ta-Koro the same way as in MNOG, whereas when you play MNOG II, there is actually no way they could do that.The first Bohrok attack on Ta-Koro was by Kohrak, I think.-Gata signoff.png

Pahrak were there too. Oh that's right! I never noticed that there is no way to get in through there. Maybe they remodeled?

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Pahrak were there too. Oh that's right! I never noticed that there is no way to get in through there. Maybe they remodeled?

I'd say Templar simply didn't notice it wasn't possible. It's no big deal either. For all we know, they could be similar looking but entirely different lavafalls.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I've only gotten the chance to play part-way (through Ga-Koro), but this is some really nice work you've done here. As others have mentioned, a little bit of polish on the script would go a long way, but from a technical standpoint you've done a really great job here.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

That was truly amazing!

1. I guess that would be up to you! you could have the bohrok retreat and the po-matoran rush down the trail.

2. I suppose you could have something of a timer and if you don't get past certain scenes in enough time it will play an animation of a bohrok attacking you and blacking out. you would awaken in the last place you visited. Also you can have minigames similar to those when you defended kini nui from the rahi.

3. Tahu: samurai style would work. Lewa: ninja-assasin-parkour type combat. Kopaka: Very thought out and strategized tactics. Onua: How he fights in Mnog. Gali: How she fights in Mnog. Pohatu: Kind of kick boxer like.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Hey everyone, I decided to include some of the next chapter with all the bug fixes so it's taking a bit longer than I originally planned to get the update out. Stay tuned though because I should be getting it out soon nonetheless.

So far for new content I've finished another cutscene and added Hali to GaKoro. Working on adding a puzzle right now.

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

~Fan-Made Game~

I just found out that when you start a new game, you already have some events set as "have happened" if you went through them in the previous round. For example I already had Vakama's note in my backpack and the Hafu scene seemed to be marked as over. Not sure why, though.

And I'm exited to see chapter 2! This is truly a great production!

• 2 weeks later...

This looks really cool. I'm downloading it right now. Can I ask what code you used? (Please excuse me if you have already answered this question; I'm too lazy to go back and check)

Flash, like the actual MNOLG

I'm back!

I'm impressed, and rather nostalgic. Nice work on this. If you're up for proofreading, here's a few notes from the opening scene (In Episode 10-0)

I cant tell why, but these seemed worse than rahi.

No apostrophe

and that was gate that you decended and returned in?

Missing the word "the" between was and gate

Spelling: decended --> descended

Takyua! what about those monsters you saw?

Spelling: Takyua --> Takua

Also, check capitalization in several places.

That's all I had time for tonight, but it's looks like a great start!

This is VERY good and something I have always wanted to see (though admittedly do not have the skills necessary to do). I did not encounter any glitches other then some minor and inconsistent spelling in some areas but other then that it is awesome, I especially love the flash movie animations, the addition of new areas, and that it seems like something that would fit. The humor is good, and I quite enjoyed Matoro causing an avalanche.

Can't wait for Chapter 2.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I am LOVING this! A few spelling errors here and there, and the constant whirring when the characters move gets repetitive, but it's amazing otherwise!

Some questions that I've been searching for answers:

1. What happens between Pohatu showing up at Po-Koro and the Po-Matoran fleeing to Ga-Koro? Why and what factors forced them to flee / abandon Po-Koro? How did they escape without the swarms catching them? Where did they get the boats they use to escape?

2. What changes / obstacles / plot elements can I add to make it seem like the Bohrok are a real Threat? How can I make it feel like the player isn't just watching a little scuffle between the villages and the Bohrok, but a WAR!

3. As I begin to animate the Toa I decided that it would make their fights more realistic if I tried to define all of their fighting styles. Like Onua would be modeled after a Boxer or Wrestler, Pohatu would use Tae-kwon-do or Kick-Boxing, Tahu a Samurai due to using a single sword, Kopaka a Paladin or someone else who uses a shield.. like Captain America! :P Also, I would need to better define their character in a fight, like if they use strategy, humor, elemental powers, or tend to lean more on physical ability. Any thoughts on this would be helpful as well.

1. The Bohrok are at the gates and will soon get in. The Po-Matoran have no choice but to flee, and they do so. The Bohrok could care less, because all they want to do is destroy the structures.

2. Show the destruction they leave behind as we progress through the game! Maybe even put a few in the backgrounds, burning something down.

3. Tahu would rely a lot on his fire power, blasting his enemies with raw force and little regard for strategy, though not very physical. Gali would be fluid and use her opponent's strength against them, like in Aikido. Lewa would be all over them, leaping into the air and using his momentum to bring more power to his attacks. He would be more physical than most. Pohatu would fight mostly from a distance, using his Stone powers to oppose them. Kopaka would rely the most on his Mask powers, using multiple abilities to overwhelm them, or try to at least. Onua would use his Masks a lot too, likely starting off by hanging back and studying the enemies before charging in, using his masks and environment as well as his physical and elemental abilities to fight them off.

In short:

-Tahu uses sheer force of fire.

-Gali manipulates her enemy.

-Onua manipulates his environment.

-Lewa is up close and personal.

-Kopaka relies heavily on his masks.

-Pohatu takes them out from a distance.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I love this, brang back the memories of the good old days.

But I have a question, why did you name the Muaka as Kane-Ra?

Edited by Kenji-Nitari

The Strength of the Earth.

The Wisdom of the Water.

The Speed of the Air.

The Power of the Fire

I am Kenji the Lord of the Elements

Sweet molly this looks exactly like a legit LEGO release.

Great job on this Nuparu! You're really skilled, I'll be awaiting for the other chapters with excitement. :D

EDIT: Oh and I forgot, if you need help with grammar-related issues, I'm willing to help! Got lots of free time on my hands.

Edited by Creep Of The Deep

Do not trust corrupted memories.

I have only played for a few minutes, so it might change, but: Is there music? And if not, I think you should put some in (even if it is just from the original games).

Oh, forgot to say something. Wow! Wow! This is amazing! How did you make it?

Just to let you know, there are several typos (not-capitalized words, missing apostrophes, etc.) You might want to look into those.

But other than that, AMAZING! Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to Chapter 2.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Not exactly sure how this is supposed to open. I'm trying to start it, but I'm getting an error message that it cannot find 'player.swf'. -TN05

you have to open it in an web btowser such as firefox.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Not exactly sure how this is supposed to open. I'm trying to start it, but I'm getting an error message that it cannot find 'player.swf'. -TN05

you have to open it in an web btowser such as firefox.

Thanks. :)

After just a few minutes, this thing is awesome. The text is not amazing, but it makes sense and fits with the story well. I'll get a little more in-depth one I get further along.

UPDATE: OK, the whole Hafu bit is hilarious. I could totally see Hafu doing that. I couldn't get Whenua or Onewa to recognize the message, and I had to quit after getting stuck in Jala's room.

-TN05

Edited by Toa Nidhiki05

I like this. Congrats on getting the front page.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

This looks really cool. I'm downloading it right now.

Looks like I spoke to soon. When I click on the file that should open the game, it goes into TextEdit and shows a whole bunch of jibberish. At the top of the file, though, it says "this program cannot run in DOS mode." Is there anyway I can turn DOS mode off with out screwing my computer up completely?

2xu8Ptu.png

Where did you get the kits and stuff to make this? I've looked around quite a bit but haven't found anything satisfactory.

:(

Anyway, he decompiled the original MNOLG. If you look around in the game folder, the original files are still there.

Yea, is it possible to edit the text files so that the grammar is better? :P

This is great! Totally worth logging back in to BZPower!

Uhhh, I'm stuck. There was a screen in Ta-Koro where you are in a hallway, with rooms going down the right, with room 4 closest to you. I entered room four, and it is black and has no way to exit. :/ The file is IV.12-4.swf I used the bird to fly out though.

EDIT: This has already been reported.

I like how the end tied into the first Bohrok comic. I'm a big continuity guy.

Edited by Zestanor

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year