MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

Hello i downloaded this game some hours ago, and im in Po-Koro by Onewa, and i give him the letter from Vakame, sometimes the red triangle sometimes not appear.

Thanks for reporting this, I thought that I fixed this when I found and erased Drag and Drop code left over from the original game, but if you downloaded the game recently than you must be using version 1.2 and the problem still exists.

I'll see if I can re-create this error on my end and fix it.

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

All I can say right now: Dem mechanical sounds. Nice touch, but I think it might drive me crazy.

Edit: I walked into Whenua's hut, and press the decrease volume button on my laptop, and it seemed to have skipped the cutscene.

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

• 2 weeks later...

This has inspired me to do MORE STUFF!!!!!! Awesome. Can't wait till the next version.

It would be cool if: Short tower def. sequence?

You spelling in some places reminds me of something I would do.

another it would be cool if: Maybe If you talk to midak enough, he will give you something special. Dunno.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I just stumbled upon this and played all the way through. It was simply amazing. I ran into zero bugs and I didn't really notice any spelling issues just some capitalization which really didn't bother me. The game looks great, I love how you used the base of the old MNOG and just added new parts, story and cut-scenes. Love the character development you did it was done really well.

The snip-it at the end that shows a trailer for Chapter 2 looks awesome, I can already tell the actions gonna be cool. So far the game is amazing, keep it up! I can't wait to play the next chapter.

Oh and IMO this game is better then MNOGII. MNOG1.5 all day haha.

Now this seems like quite an interesting project. It sure is nice to see what a direct sequel to the original MNOG would have been like, despite the fact that updates will be relatively slow. I'm not going to download and play this game just yet (too many other things are currently occupying my time -_- ), but I will certainly continue to follow this topic for further updates.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Played throught this game and it's AMAZING! It has a good mix of the original and second MNOG. After fixing a few minor typos, this could be a great addition to any great bionicle game!

Keep up the good work!

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

I saw two mistakes:

1st: this game is set before the rebuilding, so jaller should be jala, macku should be maku and hewkii should be huki.

2nd: the kanohi pakari are mismatched: some are mnolg2 style and some are mnolg 1 style.

Otherwise, this game is magnificent.

ha ha I like the guy in Ga-Koro that says "I need more fish for my fish tank." lol :D :P P.S when will 1.3 come out? :???:oh and my brother is playing It and after the Bohrok dream cutschine It goes blackwhen I go to Hali's hut in Ga-Koro It has more of the door showing (what I mean I walk into the hut and half of Hali is there)

72197956-EB80-4CAF-BB5C-D0D318A40095.jpeg.06500b6004773171b423d2a9714c6833.jpeg

In loving memory of our hero

Just a suggestion, numbers should be in matoran, not English. AND NUPARU HAS A SEVVERED TURAGA IN HIS ROOM!

Nuparu: "Uh, I can explain!" :lol:

There is actually an explanation for this. This room was created by Templar, but they decided not to include it in the final game, so they took the clickable area off of the door, blocking access to it, and they sealed off the door with a stone slab. They put the mutilated Turaga Onewa in there as a placeholder. :D

Nuparu77 found this room and modified the files to regain access to it.

Bliss.png

A few suggestions:

Reverse Hafu and taipu's masks as templar mixed them up in the original.

Improve some of the custom art, such as the forest map, beach marks, snowboards, and the lightstone holder in onewa's house. Try to match templar's art style, without outlines and such, or try editing other objects, like the letter tablet for the map.

Replace all the numbers with matoran numbering, and make the charred forest making look carved.

Just a few ideas. Keep up the good work! This is amazing!

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

A few suggestions:

Reverse Hafu and taipu's masks as templar mixed them up in the original.

Improve some of the custom art, such as the forest map, beach marks, snowboards, and the lightstone holder in onewa's house. Try to match templar's art style, without outlines and such, or try editing other objects, like the letter tablet for the map.

Replace all the numbers with matoran numbering, and make the charred forest making look carved.

Just a few ideas. Keep up the good work! This is amazing!

I think matching Templar's style requires keeping the masks mixed up. :P I think people probably do prefer the nostalgia of having the masks mixed up anyway, there's probably plenty of people who want that canon, like other mask changes between MNOG 1 and 2.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

At this point, my thoughts on this game aren't exactly new, but still:

I love the humor and the characterization in this game. It's not often that a fan work accurately captures the essence of popular canon characters. Great job in that regard.

I also love the minigames, even if some of them were very tedious (like the snowboarding). Even so, it's hard to complain too much about that since you're not punished in any way for doing poorly in that game.

My only issue is, actually, with the misspellings of the Bionicle names. I understand how they can be hard to spell, and editing those text files looks like the stuff of nightmares, but every time I come across a misspelled Bionicle name, it just kills the authenticity for me and it (for moment) no longer feels like a game that Templar would have made (nostalgia is a fragile thing).

Well, that's all I got. Great job overall, and the best of luck to you on this project! :D

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

MNOG 1.5: Chapter 2, Part 1

Hey guys, if you don't know me i'm Takua. I'm the co-producer of MNOG 1.5: The Bohrok Swarms. (along with Nuparu) I'm here to announce that the release of Chapter 2, Part 1 will be this weekend on this topic! Here's some information to know.

- This release is not 1.3, it is Chapter 2, Part 1.

- We are splitting the release of chapters into parts because of two main reasons:

1: For you guys! Producing this game does take effort, and we want to give you material and updates more frequently as much as possible.

2: More feedback from the forums giving us suggestions and bugs you have found.

Preview:

New Title Screen!

previe11.jpg

- Font from MNOG 1 has been added to the screen

- We are now calling this project "MNOG 1.5" for short

The Bohrok Have Arrived!

previe10.jpg

-It's the beginning of the end! The bohrok have invaded Ta-koro!

-Lets just say the matoran might have a more difficult time fighting these beasts than they did fighting off rahi!

New Puzzle Minigame!

previe12.jpg

-What's MNOG without puzzles, right? We are hoping to add many more puzzles and minigames in the future.

-Now that the time has been put into making the engine of this puzzle, we can reconfigure it in the future to fit other situations with ease!

Both Nuparu and I appreciate feedback. Any bugs you find within the game suggest on this topic. Same goes for any suggestions you have for MNOG 1.5. We always take Bzpower's opinions into mind when trying to figure out how to retell this amazing chapter of Bionicle. For now, enjoy Chapter 2, Part 1, and even as you speak we are working on Chapter 2, Part 2, so the sooner you give us your feedback, the better!

Also, just a fair warning to everyone, at the moment adjusting the volume via the key on your keyboard will sometimes skip cut scenes. We are aware of this and trying to fix it.

Edited by takua123

Tu2d6W7.jpg

• 2 months later...

The forums are back up, and Chapter 2 survived!

I hope this didn't mess anything up for the project. Keep being awesome!

EDIT: Oh, and since my suggestion was lost: I think a Boxor minigame should function much like the nui-rama minigame from the first MNOG. The only mechanical differences I can think of are two attacks instead of one (for each arm of the Boxor) and a forward key allowing the player to choose to move forward when they wish (despite animation being the same, it adds a feeling of control - could also allow for certain diversions such as "stop to break this vine in your way, hustling through it could cause damage").

Edited by Matt5327

The forums are back up, and Chapter 2 survived!

I hope this didn't mess anything up for the project. Keep being awesome!

EDIT: Oh, and since my suggestion was lost: I think a Boxor minigame should function much like the nui-rama minigame from the first MNOG. The only mechanical differences I can think of are two attacks instead of one (for each arm of the Boxor) and a forward key allowing the player to choose to move forward when they wish (despite animation being the same, it adds a feeling of control - could also allow for certain diversions such as "stop to break this vine in your way, hustling through it could cause damage").

Yea thank god the fourms are up! It's a shame some data has been lost, Nuparu and I have lost about 2 months of conversation, idk how productive it was. Hopefully we can get back on track soon! And yea! When we get to boxors, I will FOR SURE keep this in mind, keep up the feedback guys!

-Takua

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Hey the forums are up again! Awesome!

UPDATE 11/10/12

Progress is coming along on the 'Battle Engine', however the programming is turning out to be harder than I originally thought it would be.

I have no real training in programming, I'm a Mechanical Engineer not a Computer Science major or anything of the sort, so back in College I never took any dedicated programming classes.

Therefore most of what I know is self-taught. The Battle Engine is a large game that requires efficient code so that the game doesn't lag. Up until now all I needed to do was write code that gets the job done and not worry about how sloppy it was coded. However this will no longer cut it, and I'm having to do a lot of reading/learning on top of developing the game.

Here is an image of what the game currently looks like:

grid_g11.jpg

I've made the map out of square pistons that can be raised or lowered to create virtually endless terrain layouts.

I'm making a level-editor in MS Excel that can be used to create the map data files.

Here is a screenshot of the Elevation-Map editor in excel for the above image.

the numbers in the excel sheet tell the game what height that tile should be raised to (in pixels.)

grid_g12.jpg

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

Tried to download and play, unfortunately i'm having due to the fact that Linux treats capitals in file names as a different file.

Wow perfect timing.

I just spent last weekend working on a fix for this exact issue, because apparently internet servers are case sensitive as well.

So you have 2 options:

You can wait for me to complete the streaming version which will be up on The BioMedia Project..... Soon.

Or you can help me out by beta-testing my current fix and reporting any errors that you run into. :D

Download 2.1.2

As fun as the game is..... after you've played through it like 50 times, you tend to get bored of error proofing. :P So by playing through it you would be really helping me out.

Just remember save every so often in case you run into an error, and report it if you do. (Issue list or PM me)

Right now most of the problems are on the internet server integration side of things... Such as game-buffering issues and linking the save games with the BMP user account database.

So playing this version locally should be fine.

PS: Just realized that the first post of this topic was reset to an earlier one when the forms went down.... will re-update it soon.

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have a overall viewpoint of how I want the next chapter to flow and what I want to make sure to emphasize on. Most of the details about the first battle at Ta-Koro I have planned, but I'm still fuzzy on what will happen at the other villages. PM me if you want to keep your comments confidential so as to not spoil for anyone else possible plot elements.

.I am willing to listen to any ideas you might have! As I mentioned in the first post even if your ideas are in the form of "It would be cool if......" post them. :)

Some questions that I've been searching for answers:

1. What happens between Pohatu showing up at Po-Koro and the Po-Matoran fleeing to Ga-Koro? Why and what factors forced them to flee / abandon Po-Koro? How did they escape without the swarms catching them? Where did they get the boats they use to escape?

2. What changes / obstacles / plot elements can I add to make it seem like the Bohrok are a real Threat? How can I make it feel like the player isn't just watching a little scuffle between the villages and the Bohrok, but a WAR!

3. As I begin to animate the Toa I decided that it would make their fights more realistic if I tried to define all of their fighting styles. Like Onua would be modeled after a Boxer or Wrestler, Pohatu would use Tae-kwon-do or Kick-Boxing, Tahu a Samurai due to using a single sword, Kopaka a Paladin or someone else who uses a shield.. like Captain America! :P Also, I would need to better define their character in a fight, like if they use strategy, humor, elemental powers, or tend to lean more on physical ability. Any thoughts on this would be helpful as well.

1: About the siege of Po-koro:

I suppose Pohatu distracts the bohrok on his own while the villagers escape through the main door. The bohrok knock out Pohatu, but they focus on destroying Po-koro, not on Pohatu, who can get away and finds some way of defeating the bohrok before they can completely destroy Po-koro.

2: You can emphasize the warlike feeling if you do the following things:

-Bohrok attacks without a warning throughout the game.

-Some scene in Jaller's hut in which the takoro guard discuss the war over the map and explain where the swarms are and which area is in their control, so people can see there are huge amounts on bohrok out there.

-Battles in well-known places where the place gets smashed up, which would be followed by a minigame in which you try to get the smashed place toghether to resist more bohrok waves.

3: About combat style:

We have seen in different media that Tahu, Lewa, Kopaka and Pohatu prefer to use their hand to hand weapons. Gali and onua would be more elemental type fighters.

Gali would use bursts of water or tidal waves and onua would cause landslides and rip off parts of the terrain to hurl them at the enemy he would also use his masks (12), as we can see in MNOG in the nui rama hive.

We have also seen in this very game how Hewkii and Takua kick Koli balls and bohrok. You can turn those movements more... agile and make pohatu execute them.

In all the animations, Kopaka uses his masks and sword to interfere with the terrain in such a way that his enemies end up buried or at the bottom of a cliff.

I hope I have been of some help

2: You can emphasize the warlike feeling if you do the following things: -Bohrok attacks without a warning throughout the game. -Some scene in Jaller's hut in which the takoro guard discuss the war over the map and explain where the swarms are and which area is in their control, so people can see there are huge amounts on bohrok out there. -Battles in well-known places where the place gets smashed up, which would be followed by a minigame in which you try to get the smashed place toghether to resist more bohrok waves.

More on the feel of war: It's going to be mainly graphical. As you venture around the island, you need to see in the background either Bohrok or the results of their destruction. Shake it up as the game goes on - towards the beginning, just have some Va running around in the background. In the midgame, show actual Bohrok making a mess. (It's fine that they don't attack the Matoran - they're not interested in battle unless someone gets in their way). Toward the endgame, most areas should look totally destroyed, and what's left should be swarming with Bohrok.

IrMSNn3.png

2: You can emphasize the warlike feeling if you do the following things: -Bohrok attacks without a warning throughout the game. -Some scene in Jaller's hut in which the takoro guard discuss the war over the map and explain where the swarms are and which area is in their control, so people can see there are huge amounts on bohrok out there. -Battles in well-known places where the place gets smashed up, which would be followed by a minigame in which you try to get the smashed place toghether to resist more bohrok waves.

More on the feel of war: It's going to be mainly graphical. As you venture around the island, you need to see in the background either Bohrok or the results of their destruction. Shake it up as the game goes on - towards the beginning, just have some Va running around in the background. In the midgame, show actual Bohrok making a mess. (It's fine that they don't attack the Matoran - they're not interested in battle unless someone gets in their way). Toward the endgame, most areas should look totally destroyed, and what's left should be swarming with Bohrok.

I concur with what JKK is saying: It is indeed an excellent suggestion. However, try not to detract from the MNOG style of the game.

bBhcfWO.png