MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

This is great! Totally worth logging back in to BZPower! Uhhh, I'm stuck. There was a screen in Ta-Koro where you are in a hallway, with rooms going down the right, with room 4 closest to you. I entered room four, and it is black and has no way to exit. :/ The file is IV.12-4.swf I used the bird to fly out though.

Well you know about the turn around thing right?

I'm back!

I have only played a bit and I am enjoying it. I have not run into any bugs, but a lot of first words in sentences are not capitalized and a few of the names are occasionally misspelled.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I played through to the end (though I got stuck in conversations a few times — for anyone who got stuck, if you save and resume the conversation resets) and the whole thing was well done! I hope I'm not out of line in offering suggestions; just a few thoughts I had while playing.

The original MNOG was released geographic section by geographic section, which was great, because you could get to know an area before a new one was introduced. The first (well, second, I suppose) quest of this game was to go everywhere on Mata Nui, including a few new places, so having not played MNOG for years I was a little overwhelmed (and my memory kept getting tripped up at the places you did change). I think the open world is fine, if you provide a new player with a little more directional guidance (a map, maybe? Having Jala-in-a-box tell you which way to go? I don't know). You could also restrict access to areas that aren't necessary to visit at the beginning of the game (I don't think I went much into the Charred Forest, though I kept thinking I'd have to go back there soon).

As other people mentioned, some of the new screens that you added don't line up quite right — I found myself turning around twice and ending up in a different place than I'd started (in the starting area in particular). I think the geography of those new rooms/hallways are a little unnecessarily complicated, especially because there's nothing in them yet.

The twitch-based minigame got a little monotonous. I'd recommend making a little shorter or adding some variety at the end. The player sees all of the threats within the first 15 seconds, and after that the difficulty doesn't even seem to ramp up. Though to be fair, that is in the spirit of MNOG (the rama fight...).

The cutscenes were adorable, despite the typos. :) Definitely my favorite part. It's great how much expression you could squeeze out of immobile plastic parts. :) I'm looking forward to how you integrate the original Templar animations.

Edited by -Takua-

Well, it's been a while since I've played a Fan-Created Game, but this looks promising. I'm going to give my opinions in real time as I play:

• SO MUCH NOSTALGIA.
  • Very good intro. It makes a lot of sense that Takua would be haunted by what he saw. But...
  • This whole "is the rock layer broken" thing is a bit odd. It doesn't really fit the mood, and it feels like it serves no purpose but to patch up a plot hole that never bothered me in the first place.
  • Ack. Please be much more careful while writing the dialogue. The grammar errors, spelling mistakes (esp. the repeated ones, like "Borak"), and lack of punctuation are really distracting and take away from the otherwise high production quality of the game. If you have to, find a volunteer to proofread all the dialogue before releasing a version. If it's anything like the original MNOLG, you're keeping all the text in a separate file anyways, so it shouldn't be hard to find someone to do. I'd volunteer, but I'm shirking a few fan-duties due to busyness as it is (I'm supposed to be writing for the BZPStuck wiki... heh)
  • I keep getting lost! Granted, I kept getting lost in the original MNOLG too, but it seems a lot of times I'm dumped into a scene where I can see where I came from, but it looks like just another door, so I wind up going in circles.
  • Empty huts make me sad! They shouldn't be clickable if there's nothing to see.
  • Ha, Maku swims alongside the boat! :lol: Does it not fit three?
  • I love the cutscenes. Matoran antics bring back so many memories, and you capture the MNOLG style of humor perfectly.
  • Ok, Jaller - ekem, Jala is off with Maku, now what do I do...
  • Oh right, my mission is to warn the villages. Off to... Po-Koro then?
  • Mixing in dialogue from the original MNOLG is a bit confusing. Half of the game seems to treat me like I know exactly what's going on (which I do), and the other half seems to think I've never heard of this island before (which maybe some fans haven't).
  • On two occasions, the place where I was supposed to go (Vakama's hut, and now the stairs to the overlook) were obscured as I moved my mouse to click on them. You might want to watch that.
  • It took me a moment to realize that I had to drag Vakama's later onto Onewa - especially since Takua did it automatically with Nokama.
  • Nice, Nuparu's in the game already. He's a new character in 2002, so it's a really good idea to introduce him now.

And that's all I've got for now. I'll probably have more thoughts as I play through the game.

If I had to summarize right now, I'd say that it's an excellent, nostalgic continuation of MNOLG, but I'm constantly reminded that it's an amateur game due to typos in dialogue, odd navigation, and not knowing what to do next. If you could address some of those issues, though, this game would be almost perfect.

One more thing: At first, I didn't like the fact that I was traversing the island in the exact same order as in MNOLG - but it's actually growing on me now, especially after realizing that this I'm probably going to retrace my entire journey in the first chapter of the game. Since it's been a long time since I've played MNOLG, and I'm probably not the only one, you're effectively reteaching us how to navigate the island, which is helpful for the more story-driven 2002 plot. And as I mentioned, retracing my steps this quickly is bringing overwhelming waves of nostalgia.

I look forward to both 1.2 and the next chapter!

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

This is really cool. Very authentic looking. Did you use files from the original game?

I have one major problem - the spelling and grammar are off. I highly recommend that you capitalize the first letter of every line (because it looks better in this sort of thing) and check the apostrophes. There's some miscellaneous spelling and grammar errors too.

This is cool, and it makes me nostalgic. If those spelling errors were fixed, and the sound files for talking were a little quieter, it would be even better.

Edited by BobaFett2

The Legend Lives...

Ehhh I can't seem to talk to Onewa about the Bohrok, and Maku disappeared for a second time. Nokama said she might be spying on Huki or exploring the Hura Mafa river, and I don't know where that river is -_______________- Help please??

This is my signature, I couldn't think of anything witty or cool or something to put here so I'll just be a total doofus and state the obvious that this is my signature. Have a nice day~

P.S. does anyone know of a online source for Bionicle in Singapore? I really wanna catch up on my childhood by buying the old Bionicles I never got to buy back then.

Ehhh I can't seem to talk to Onewa about the Bohrok, and Maku disappeared for a second time. Nokama said she might be spying on Huki or exploring the Hura Mafa river, and I don't know where that river is -_______________- Help please??

Don't know if I should put this in spoiler tags, but anyway, go to Po-Koro by boat. She should be there. :)

Edited by Liopleurodon

Version 1.2 is out!! (See first post for download links)Unfortunately this does NOT contain any plot progression from Version 1.1, just bug fixes and various other modifications. Also note that due to changing around internal variables your old save games will not work with this update.

Some changes include:

- Hali has been added to one of the huts in GaKoro.

- A wall around GaKoro should appear soon after delivering the letter to Nokama.

- Kapura's speech has been updated, and I believe he gives you my first custom item.

- TONS of bug fixes and spelling corrections. as seen on the issue list.

I originally planned to hold off and include a storyline progression with the bug fix update. However this game getting put up on the news page caused a flood on new people to download and play it, so I decided to release an update with all the bug fixes that I have currently done. Hang tight though, because I am really close to releasing a storyline update as well.

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

Onewa is on the overlook, just like in the flash animations. I talked to Hafu a second time and figured it out. When you walk into Po-Koro, turn around and you'll see a staircase similar to the one in Ta-Koro. Go up there and you'll find Onewa.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

This is brilliant. Kudos to you, how did you code this? (That is, which language?)

Only complaint: Getting lost in the forest is really easy - could you try making the map more like a Cartesian system?

Also, it was hard to find Onewa, but the idea of asking Hafu to know was rather clever and intuitive.

~KH~

wikinuibanner.jpg

I'll take your part

When darkness comes

And pain is all around

Like a bridge over troubled water

I will lay me down

Onewa is on the overlook, just like in the flash animations. I talked to Hafu a second time and figured it out. When you walk into Po-Koro, turn around and you'll see a staircase similar to the one in Ta-Koro. Go up there and you'll find Onewa.

Ah, I forgot to talk to Hafu--that must have been my mistake. Found Onewa now; thank you!

So many new posts.... 372900_364040893663829_1861367657_q.jpgMust Reply All The Posts!!!

So to everyone who is commenting about the Grammar and misspellings; I apologize.

Grammar is not my strong suit and my natural errors are only amplified when I have to animate while making dialog, please bear with me as I work though these errors.

I especially love the flash movie animations, the addition of new areas, and that it seems like something that would fit. The humor is good, and I quite enjoyed Matoro causing an avalanche.

Oh man, I was so excited when I came up with that idea for Matoro, I feel like he didn't have too much of a character in the first game so I wanted to expand him. Being as he is out by himself trapping Rahi all the time, I thought it would be neat to give him a bit of an obsession (especially with the Rahi that almost ended him in the first game.) but then I started asking myself how far should I take this obsession... using explosives to trigger an avalanche... :evil: Plus I feel that extreme characters like Hafu's are so much more fun than average ones.

In short:-Tahu uses sheer force of fire.-Gali manipulates her enemy.-Onua manipulates his environment.-Lewa is up close and personal.-Kopaka relies heavily on his masks.-Pohatu takes them out from a distance.

I will have to study your reasoning more in depth because I came to almost the opposite conclusion in some aspects when thinking through this myself. Your reasoning does make sense though, so I will thoroughly consider this as I begin to plan out how the Toa will act in the upcoming chapters. Luckily we both agree on Tahu and he will be the first Toa that is seen, so I still have some time before I need to have the others ironed out. :)

EDIT: Oh and I forgot, if you need help with grammar-related issues, I'm willing to help! Got lots of free time on my hands.

I will keep that in mind, although currently the only way to help with the animation grammar is to know a bit of flash, and have access to a flash editing program.

However, anyone can help with editing the text when talking with people because that is stored in external text files.

Looks like I spoke to soon. When I click on the file that should open the game, it goes into TextEdit and shows a whole bunch of jibberish. At the top of the file, though, it says "this program cannot run in DOS mode." Is there anyway I can turn DOS mode off with out screwing my computer up completely?

Try downloading version 1.2 this might solve your problem because it comes with a Flash Projector. If the projector I attached doesn't work, then try downloading one that fits your computers specifications from this site.

The twitch-based minigame got a little monotonous. I'd recommend making a little shorter or adding some variety at the end. The player sees all of the threats within the first 15 seconds, and after that the difficulty doesn't even seem to ramp up. Though to be fair, that is in the spirit of MNOG (the rama fight...).

The cutscenes were adorable, despite the typos. :) Definitely my favorite part. It's great how much expression you could squeeze out of immobile plastic parts. :) I'm looking forward to how you integrate the original Templar animations.

It should be a simple matter for me to make the snowboarding game more difficult. So I can change it as well as keep the difficulty in mind when I make the next minigame.

Glad you enjoyed the cutscenes, I tried to introduce and show as much of the matoran's character as I could in the short time that you see them.

If I had to summarize right now, I'd say that it's an excellent, nostalgic continuation of MNOLG, but I'm constantly reminded that it's an amateur game due to typos in dialogue, odd navigation, and not knowing what to do next. If you could address some of those issues, though, this game would be almost perfect. One more thing: At first, I didn't like the fact that I was traversing the island in the exact same order as in MNOLG - but it's actually growing on me now, especially after realizing that this I'm probably going to retrace my entire journey in the first chapter of the game. Since it's been a long time since I've played MNOLG, and I'm probably not the only one, you're effectively reteaching us how to navigate the island, which is helpful for the more story-driven 2002 plot. And as I mentioned, retracing my steps this quickly is bringing overwhelming waves of nostalgia.

lol, I can try but I'm not sure if this game will ever become more than an "amateur game" I'm only one person whereas Templar had a whole team of artists and programmers working to create the original games.

Unfortunately a lot of the odd navigation is inherited from the original game, and I am not skilled enough (yet :psychotwitch:) to use the interface from MNOLG II so this is what I'm stuck with.

But I think that as you're finding once you get used to the navigation, it isn't so bad.

Hey, I didn't noticed if this had been asked, but do you plan on creating a walkthrough? If you do, I can help by typing one and for you.

This sounds like a good idea, maybe even a FAQ for all of the common places that people get stuck in. Or what might be even better is a hint-book that doesn't outright tell you what you need to do, but gives you several hints first. I would be willing to check over and help with anything you want to writeup. I might be rolling out a Google site for this game soon because information is easily lost in a discussion forum, and a walkthrough would be a nice addition.

This is brilliant. Kudos to you, how did you code this? (That is, which language?)Only complaint: Getting lost in the forest is really easy - could you try making the map more like a Cartesian system?Also, it was hard to find Onewa, but the idea of asking Hafu to know was rather clever and intuitive.

I use Flash MX 2004 and Actionscript.

Right now I am using the maze generating code from the original game, and this just picks two random "doors" from different "rooms" and links them together. I could make the forest into a Cartesian system, and it wouldn't take me too awful long, i just don't want the forest to become to easy to navigate because it's intent is to to be a bit confusing.

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

My save files didn't transfer from 1.1 to 1.2! Any advice on that for next time? For now, though, I'll just start over; I wasn't very far.

My continued real-time review:

• The dialogue quality is much better this time, but it could still use some improvement.
  • Off to Le-Wahi! I'm so glad that I remember MNOLG now - and remember how to read Matoran. A new Bionicle fan would probably be lost.
  • What's Taipu still doing in Le-Wahi?
  • And where is Matau? The only hut I can access is the one with the sleeping Matoran...
  • Ohhhhhh he's all the way over THERE? Wow.
  • K, now... Ko-Koro's all that's left, right? How do I get there? ... Lost my flute in the tunnels, so I've gotta take the cablecar in Ta-Koro.
  • And the Ta-Onu tunnel is out... this is going to be... tedious...
  • Oh... seems to work anyways. That's good to know.
  • Matoro's out chasing a Rahi in the drifts? Deja vu...
  • Nerd gripe: those Rahi are still wearing infected masks :)
  • Uh oh... this is worse than last time :D In a good, hilarious, charming way, of course!
  • MINIGAME! Minigame?
  • oh my, I am not very good at this one
  • Could use some moving snowy particles on the ground, to further help the illusion of movement.
  • Thanks for the Skip button :D That was fun, but I'm glad it's over.
  • "A mighty foe turned ally"...? Hmm... is this new plot? I don't remember anything in the canon story that fits that description...
  • Oh hey, Ga-Koro's all decked out with defenses!
  • Ok, I, uh... completely forgot my objective just now...
  • Jaller's saying to find Maku but A. I can't find her anywhere and B. I think that might be a glitch where he's using out-of-date dialogue

Yeah... uh... I'm stuck. Help?

lol, I can try but I'm not sure if this game will ever become more than an "amateur game" I'm only one person whereas Templar had a whole team of artists and programmers working to create the original games.

Unfortunately a lot of the odd navigation is inherited from the original game, and I am not skilled enough (yet :psychotwitch:) to use the interface from MNOLG II so this is what I'm stuck with.

But I think that as you're finding once you get used to the navigation, it isn't so bad.

Don't worry, nobody expects a super-professional quality! But there are some things that can be fixed without a huge team working on it, especially proofreading. I definitely don't want the MNOLG II interface, first-person mode is great! I think most of the confusion comes from inconsistency between your map design and Templar's.

IrMSNn3.png

Hehe, gotta say, I love the " :t: :m_o: :m: :a: :k: :u: " sign.

I really like the game so far, but my two complaints are the annoying noises when the characters move and the bad grammar at times (I know this has been brought up before, and I realize how hard it is to fix, but I really think that capitalization and punctuation do a world of good when it comes to having a professional appearance to a game). Other than that, I'm enormously impressed with the level of work you put into this, and it works great!

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

Fantastic work! :) I've only warned Nokama, Onewa, and Whenua so far, but it's very clear you've poured a lot of work into this. You did such a great job with the Po-Koro overlook I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't part of the original game at first (I actually just double-checked to be sure I didn't miss something when I played the original). Anyway, if you need any help on the development side of things I'd love to help out—I have some experience animating MNOLG-style animations, and a lot of experience with AS2. Once again, great job!

I finally finished the V 1.1. Still a lot of grammar and spelling errors, but I hope you fixed most of them in V 1.2. The story is intriguing so far, and I can't wait for the Bohrok Wars. That was such a cliffhanger. The game is very professional looking and very nice, although there are a few things that would make it look better. Namely, fixing the aforementioned spelling mistakes, fixing some of the directions (you have to turn around twice in the Hall of Prophesy in Ko-Koro for example), and some little animation mistakes, like in the part where Takua and Jaller find Macku in Po-Koro, they stop mid-step to say something, and then keep walking when you click Next. The Le-Koro Suva is also kind of confusing, as I didn't realize there were two paths there, and I ended up at the Suva instead of the Le-Onu-Koro Tunnel. Maybe a more well-defined path that splits there?

I really loved the whole game though. Besides what I had mentioned before, this could easily be a continuation of MNOLG, mixing the best of MNOLG I & II to make a cohesive game that looks nice and is interesting to play. I really like all the characters, especially Nuparu, Hafu, and Hewkii.. They all have interesting dialogue and scenes that make me laugh! In fact, there are many moments in the game with that great MNOLG-style humor. Great job on all of it, and I can't wait to see more!

I took the script file in the first part where Jala and Takua are speaking to Turaga Vakama and corrected grammar/spelling mistakes.V: Jala told me about your dream.T: Do you know anything about the monsters I saw?V: Yes.V: According to legend, the monsters you saw are called...V: Bohrok.V: They are dangerous creatures awakened by Makuta.J: They might be trapped down there...T: So the real question is:T: Did the rock layer close again when the Toa returned?V: Perhaps you already hold the answer to that question yourself.T: What do you mean by that?V: What happened after you witnessed Makuta's defeat, Takua?T: The Toa returned to the surface...T: I was...chased by them...T: But I found a way out.J: Wait...so you saw them return and THEN you found a way out?T: Umm...Yes, I got out after I saw them return.V: I would say that that is your answer, then.V: If you were still able to get out, V: and the Toa had already returned,V: then the seal must still be broken.T: What are we going to do?J: Hold on...if the Bohrok have not been seen yet, J: then there still might be time to prepareV: and consult the other Turaga. (writing)V: Chronicler, take this letter to all the other Turaga.V: Hopefully, we can meet and discuss what should be done.T: I will leave at once.V: May Mata Nui watch over you, Chronicler.(scene outside Vakama's house)J: Where are you heading to first, Takua?T: I think I'll go to Ga-Koro first,T: because the tunnel gate to Onu-Koro is under maintenance.J: I want to double the guard at Kini-Nui,J: so I can travel with you as far as Ga-Koro,J: but after that I will need to head inland.T: Thanks, Jala. Your company is always welcome. Edit: And here's the "ep10b script" revised as well:1 T: I've been thinking it over,2 T: and I think that the Toas' opening of the gate at Kini-Nui3 T: unlocked the gate in the Onu-Koro mines as well.4 J: Which is the gate that you used to get in and out?5 T: No...I was chased by the monsters,6 T: so I found another way out.7 J: Hold on...how many gates through the rock layer exist???8 T: Hmm...I found one in a rush while being chased, so...9 T: ...there's probably quite a few.10 J: And are these all closed now?11 T: Kini-Nui resealed when the Toa came back,12 T: so the other passages should close too, right?13 J: You tell me, Chronicler.14 T: We should talk to Turaga Vakama.T: I've been thinking this over.T: In order to defeat Makuta..T: The Toa broke the rock layer's seal at Kini-Nui.J: So? What are you getting at?T: I believe Kini-Nui wasn't the only gate that was unlocked.T: I think that the gate in the Onu-Koro mines was unlocked as well.J: Was that the gate that you descended down and returned in?T: No...I was chased by the monsters,T: so I found another way back to the surface.J: Hold on...how many passages through the rock layer exist?T: Hmm...I found one in a rush while being chased, so...T: ...there's probably quite a few.J: And are these all closed now?T: Kini-Nui resealed when the Toa came back,T: so the other passages should close too, right?J: You tell me, Chronicler.T: I guess so.J: Takua! What about those monsters you saw?T: Oh no!T: If there's still a way for them to get out...J: ...We could all be in danger!T: We should talk to Turaga Vakama.J: Agreed. Get your things and I'll meet you in his hut. :)Please only use spoiler tags for spoilers. -B6

Edited by Black Six

I just want to say how surprised I am that someone actually went and did something like this. I hadn't planned on ever coming back to this site, but I got bored and decided to come check in on the place. When I saw that this was the news of the day, I was floored. I immediately came here and downloaded the game, and I just got around to trying it out today. I've managed to give the message to all of the Turaga (Save Nuju who, of course, already knew about it) but I was lost on what to do after that. I haven't downloaded the newest version yet (I'm about to download it now) so I'll save any glitch related questions for later. I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful bit of nostalgia you've created for us. I can't wait to see what else you have for us.

• Upvote 1

qs2697.jpg

[insert interesting signature here]

Ok, I've talked to all the Turaga and gotten the message from Jala. However, I can't really figure out where to go next, and talking to Vakama doesn't help at all. Also, clicking on Jala just makes him tell me to "find Maku" which I'm guessing is just an out-dated text glitch. What do I do?

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Future suggestions/comments:

• I want to see Takua actually request something from the engineering lab in Onu-Koro.
  • Where will the tunnel to Ga-Koro end up opening at?
  • You can still obtain the lavaboard in Ta-Koro, and I'd like to be able to use it to do something else.
  • Boxors should make an appearance. :D
  • Perhaps you can insert parts of the Bohrok Online Animations in the game.
  • A Koli-based mini-game might be nice.
  • There's a path past the cable car at Ta-Koro. Can you make it lead somewhere?
  • In Le-Koro, it would be cool if you could climb to the top of the hut that the Matoran is sleeping/lying down in.
  • Why in the world are the Turaga body parts in the engineering place and Nuparu's hut?
  • Will this game end before the Bohrok actually invade or will it continue through the Bohrok invasion?
  • I'd like to see some MNOG II music incorporated in later releases (especially for Le-Koro/Wahi).
  • There appear to be some mask discrepancies - Takua's Pakari is the MNOG II-looking one, but others' are the old MNOG-style one (Nixie, Hafu, etc.)

Ok, I've talked to all the Turaga and gotten the message from Jala. However, I can't really figure out where to go next, and talking to Vakama doesn't help at all. Also, clicking on Jala just makes him tell me to "find Maku" which I'm guessing is just an out-dated text glitch. What do I do?

Go to a Koro, I think it's Onu and something else, and Jala will appear. He will ask you about things and you will have to go to the beach, then click on the "mouth". Then Takua and Jala will talk and the chapter ends, and we'll have to wait for the next one, that's all.

My save files didn't transfer from 1.1 to 1.2! Any advice on that for next time? For now, though, I'll just start over; I wasn't very far.

Sorry, I mentioned this in the first post for this topic bit not on my update post.

Jaller's saying to find Maku but A. I can't find her anywhere and B. I think that might be a glitch where he's using out-of-date dialogue

Yeah... uh... I'm stuck. Help?

I will add this glitch to the issue list for you.

I believe you have to go to the beach and click on the statue, lots of people are having trouble with this is the conversation with Jaller when he meets up with you unclear?

Fantastic work! :) I've only warned Nokama, Onewa, and Whenua so far, but it's very clear you've poured a lot of work into this. You did such a great job with the Po-Koro overlook I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't part of the original game at first (I actually just double-checked to be sure I didn't miss something when I played the original). Anyway, if you need any help on the development side of things I'd love to help out—I have some experience animating MNOLG-style animations, and a lot of experience with AS2. Once again, great job!

The Po-Koro Overlook employs panning in both the X and the Y directions. Double panning across the sky.... such a beautiful thing. :D

I'll keep you in mind when I need someone to help editing, I can always send you some source files if you would like to see whats under the hood of this game too.

PM me or something.

The story is intriguing so far, and I can't wait for the Bohrok Wars. That was such a cliffhanger. The game is very professional looking and very nice, although there are a few things that would make it look better. Namely, fixing the aforementioned spelling mistakes, fixing some of the directions (you have to turn around twice in the Hall of Prophesy in Ko-Koro for example), and some little animation mistakes, like in the part where Takua and Jaller find Macku in Po-Koro, they stop mid-step to say something, and then keep walking when you click Next. The Le-Koro Suva is also kind of confusing, as I didn't realize there were two paths there, and I ended up at the Suva instead of the Le-Onu-Koro Tunnel. Maybe a more well-defined path that splits there?

Episode 10-6: Jaller and Takua stop mid step. - Got it.

Turn around twice in the Hall of Prophesy in Ko-Koro. - What do you mean, can you give me a mapname?

Le-Koro Suva is confusing, I didn't realize there were two paths there. - I assume you are talking about the path to the clearing with Lewa's shrine?

Sorry, maybe I'm just tired, could you please clarify.

I really like all the characters, especially Nuparu, Hafu, and Hewkii..

Character development was my highest priority for this chapter, glad you liked it. One of my favorite characters is the deaf souvenir guy in Po-Wahi, I had so much fun rewriting his dialogue.

took the script file in the first part where Jala and Takua are speaking to Turaga Vakama and corrected grammar/spelling mistakes.

Ok, I'll go through and make these corrections. Thanks!

Just replayed the first one. Now I'm ready to try this one out. Really hope the Boxors make an appearance eventually...

Someone is doing it right, starting with the original!

I'm planning on adding the Boxors because they play a vital role in this story, in fact I've introduced Nuparu in the first chapter to help lead this in.

I've been playing around with the idea to make a minigame where you get to pilot a Boxor too...

Future suggestions/comments:

• I want to see Takua actually request something from the engineering lab in Onu-Koro.
  • Where will the tunnel to Ga-Koro end up opening at?
  • You can still obtain the lavaboard in Ta-Koro, and I'd like to be able to use it to do something else.
  • Boxors should make an appearance. :D
  • Perhaps you can insert parts of the Bohrok Online Animations in the game.
  • A Koli-based mini-game might be nice.
  • There's a path past the cable car at Ta-Koro. Can you make it lead somewhere?
  • In Le-Koro, it would be cool if you could climb to the top of the hut that the Matoran is sleeping/lying down in.
  • Why in the world are the Turaga body parts in the engineering place and Nuparu's hut?
  • Will this game end before the Bohrok actually invade or will it continue through the Bohrok invasion?
  • I'd like to see some MNOG II music incorporated in later releases (especially for Le-Koro/Wahi).
  • There appear to be some mask discrepancies - Takua's Pakari is the MNOG II-looking one, but others' are the old MNOG-style one (Nixie, Hafu, etc.)

I wish that I had Takua do more with the engineering lab in the first chapter, I will try to work this in later on.

The tunnel to Ga-Koro... maybe it should come out on the beach outside the gate somewhere?

I meant to remove the lava-board.... until I thought of a use for it.... oh well I guess I'm stuck thinking up something, any suggestions? Maybe the Bohrok melt down an area and you have to get across.

I will definitely be adding the Boxors as I do plan to incorporate the Bohrok animations into the game.

Path past the cablecar... hmm... where should it lead...

The engineering lab is actually a map location in the original game, you can view it by going into the original game's files and clicking on "XI.4-W.swf" The door was always shut though because the room was incomplete. From what I can tell it was supposed to be a place to repair animals... a weird idea, I can see why it wasn't included. The Turaga body parts were originally there and I just never removed them. And I think I copied that room as a starting point when I was making Nuparu's hut.

This game, assuming that I am able to finish, will conclude with the defeat of the Bahrag. At this point I'm not sure if I will be continuing through the Bohrok-Kal arc.

MNOG II music.... I have a confession.... I never beat that game :( Back when it first came out I attempted several times but it always glitched up on me so I gave it up.I never made it past Ga-Koro.

I didn't change Hafu's mask because he looks so much different with an updated mask... what mask is he wearing by the way? Mask of strength? I remember also not wanting to get him and Taipu's mask mixed up.

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

I believe you have to go to the beach and click on the statue, lots of people are having trouble with this is the conversation with Jaller when he meets up with you unclear?

A little bit. He says go to the beach, but it's kind of unclear what beach he is talking about...

I've been playing around with the idea to make a minigame where you get to pilot a Boxor too...

Now THAT would be sweet.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

A little bit. He says go to the beach, but it's kind of unclear what beach he is talking about.

The Ta-Wahi Beach, then if you keep going you will see the statue with the mouth. You have to click on the mouth of the statue to activate the conversation.

will add this glitch to the issue list for you.

I think there's two problems: First, it's unclear; he just says to go to the beach, which could mean Ga-Wahi, Ta-Wahi, or even Po-Wahi. Even if I knew it was Ta-Wahi, I would have never guessed to click on the statue.

The second problem is that it only happens once - it was a sudden change of objective and I forgot what he said pretty quickly, not least of which because he gave me two new objectives: he also said to check out the thing in Onu-Koro, which I did and nothing interesting happened. If the Jala-in-a-box dialogue more accurately reflected what I was supposed to be doing at this point, it would be much easier.

IrMSNn3.png

will add this glitch to the issue list for you.I believe you have to go to the beach and click on the statue, lots of people are having trouble with this is the conversation with Jaller when he meets up with you unclear?

I think there's two problems: First, it's unclear; he just says to go to the beach, which could mean Ga-Wahi, Ta-Wahi, or even Po-Wahi. Even if I knew it was Ta-Wahi, I would have never guessed to click on the statue. The second problem is that it only happens once - it was a sudden change of objective and I forgot what he said pretty quickly, not least of which because he gave me two new objectives: he also said to check out the thing in Onu-Koro, which I did and nothing interesting happened. If the Jala-in-a-box dialogue more accurately reflected what I was supposed to be doing at this point, it would be much easier.
Yeah well if you paid more attention to the dialogue, then Jala says something about checking the place where you came out of after you(Takua) saw the Bohrok. Then again, it would make more sense to other people.

Just finished V1.2 last night. I was impressed. It's woefully short, but since it's chap 1 I won't worry about that. I actually haven't found any glitches thus far, at least not any fatally bad one.

That said, you should probably run a spell check for some of the scenes near the beginning. (Such as Jaller saying "villiges" instead of "villages".) I've seen a few texture issues, but nothing more than a misplaced shadow or a color that doesn't seem to fit. I really liked the snowboarding mini-game, but I think the color of the snowboards should be altered just a bit (Like the black borders being a bit too thick and noticeable) And the map icon from the bag may need some work, but everything else seems to be fine. I'm impressed. This is an excellent first attempt. And thank you again for this wonderful idea you've decided to share with us. I look forward to the completed product.

qs2697.jpg

[insert interesting signature here]

Yeah well if you paid more attention to the dialogue, then Jala says something about checking the place where you came out of after you(Takua) saw the Bohrok. Then again, it would make more sense to other people.

Ah, so he did say something? Perhaps it was the fact that I was doing a marathon-playthrough (because I lost my save file) that caused me to miss that. In any case, missing a line of dialogue shouldn't cause a player to get lost - that's just general game design courtesy.

IrMSNn3.png

The view of Po-Wahi from the lookout point is nice. Midak's little speach about the chronicler's company was pretty neat too.

The timing is a bit off though. In MNOLG the Toa returned to the surface before Takua did, and in Comic #4, the Toa hadn't even left Kini Nui when they heard of the attack on Ta-Koro. Therefor, the Bohrok began their attack immediatly after Takua woke them. That was the only continuity error I could find, besides some Matoran that still talk about 2001 stuff.

Mantax can win connect four in three moves.

The view of Po-Wahi from the lookout point is nice. Midak's little speach about the chronicler's company was pretty neat too.

The timing is a bit off though. In MNOLG the Toa returned to the surface before Takua did, and in Comic #4, the Toa hadn't even left Kini Nui when they heard of the attack on Ta-Koro. Therefor, the Bohrok began their attack immediatly after Takua woke them. That was the only continuity error I could find, besides some Matoran that still talk about 2001 stuff.

Although, in Comic #4, it was daytime, and Takua returned to Ta-Koro at night. So there was at least a gap of a few hours. It wouldn't be a huge stretch to say that the invasion was mid-afternoon and the Toa were having a breather/nap/party at Kini-Nui until then, which gives Takua a few hours of daylight to trek the island and deliver the message. Let's just assume that he's a REALLY good runner. (MNOLG1 apparently happened in one day, so it works)

However, this game (henceforth referred to as MNOLG1.5) seems to start a few days after Makuta's defeat, so that should probably be changed. In fact, let me propose a new outline for the first few levels:

(Back in MNOLG)

- Takua escapes the Bohrok

- Takua returns to Ta-Koro with Vakama

(in between)

- Takua gets some sleep, probably suggested by Vakama

(MNOLG1.5)

- Takua is woken by nightmares of the Bohrok.

(rough script)

Jaller: Nightmares? *pause* You saw Makuta down there, didn't you?

Takua: Makuta is defeated... I'm not scared of him. I saw... something else.

Jaller: Worse than Makuta?

Takua: Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know...

Jaller: Vakama sent for you. Maybe that's what he wants to talk about. Let's go to his hut.

(in Vakama's hut)

Vakama: I've been thinking about what you saw. And I believe we have precious little time until we face a new enemy.

(explains a bit about the Bohrok)

Vakama: Take this message to the other Turaga. Hurry!

Notice the de-emphasis of the rock layer, which I mentioned in my initial impressions was weird and a bit unfitting. Whenua might mention it, since there's a potential passage in the Great Mine, but the rest of the Turaga are more worried about preparing their village than figuring out if they can get out. Except for Matau, who just wants to relax and party. And we all know how well that worked out for him.

Finally, when Jaller comes back, he tells Takua to go back to the statue on the beach to see if the first waves will come from there. (thinking tactically, not scientifically, like he does now). That's when Ta-Koro is attacked.

IrMSNn3.png