Fire Emblem

P~M

800px-Fire_Emblem_Awakening_English_Logo.png

There doesn't seem to be a Fire Emblem topic in here anywhere, so I figured I might as well start one.

To start the ball rolling, what romantic pairs did you guys set up in Awakening? Currently I have Lissa and Ricken, Chrom and Maribelle, and the Avatar and Anna.

(Also, for those of you who don't know what Fire Emblem is, it's a series of tactical strategy RPGs spanning from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi (released in Japan only, as were many of the early games in the series) in 1990 to Fire Emblem: Awakening, released in 2012 in Japan and in February 2013 in North America. Here's the Wikipedia article if you want to know more.)

banner.jpg

Good ol' FE. I love the series, but I hadn't played any since 2010, so Awakening was a real breath of fresh air for me.I finished my first run (Hard/Classic) a few weeks back. It sounds like you're not too far, so I'll put my pairings under a spoiler cut:

Chrom/SumiaVaike/PanneLissa/KellamSully/VirionMiriel/Lon'QuHenry/ChercheGaius/NowiMale!Avatar/[spoiler character]Gerome/Nah

The game's not perfect, and I'm actually not a huge fan of the 'anyone can marry anyone of the opposite gender' mentality (it kind of waters down the characters, and the S-rank conversations are really sudden), but it was still an awesome time.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Normal/Casual here, since it's only my second time with the series. :P

I'm on my 3rd attempt of Chapter 21 right now, but I already know the storyline, so you don't have to worry about spoiling anything. ;)

Also yeah, the support scenes are a little odd. C, B, and A are all kinda "you're weird get away from me" or "oh god what have you done" or "let's battle!" and then S is just "marry you? sure, why not."

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg

I, due to lack of a 3DS, have not played awakening. I have, however, played the 2 english GBA FE games. I thought they were great. I was very disappointed by the fact that Fire Emblem: the Sealed Sword was not released in english. Instead we have a cliffhanger ending prequal, leaving wanting FE 6, only to find out it's not english.I've been wanting to play Shadow Dragon, but never got the chance.

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

I've tried the Awakening demo on the 3DS, but don't have it yet due to the fact that it's pretty much impossible to find anywhere and I vastly prefer physical media to digital.Anyways, I liked it much more than I expected (I love JRPGs, but Final Fantasy Tactics killed SRPGs for me, until I played Devil Survivor), it both plays and looks really great. I'm definitely getting it once it's available somewhere.

I've tried the Awakening demo on the 3DS, but don't have it yet due to the fact that it's pretty much impossible to find anywhere and I vastly prefer physical media to digital.Anyways, I liked it much more than I expected (I love JRPGs, but Final Fantasy Tactics killed SRPGs for me, until I played Devil Survivor), it both plays and looks really great. I'm definitely getting it once it's available somewhere.

Have you tried Gamestop? :P

The digital version is really nice, since you can get spotpass stuff for it without having to have the card in, although it does take up some 8000 blocks. <_<

banner.jpg

This is the first FE title I ever played, and the only game somewhat similar to it I played before were the Disgaea games (in terms of playstyle, Disgaea's a lot more comedic and didn't have pairings and such).

But I love it, I have 81 hours logged in total (45ish on my Hard/Classic file and 30ish on my Normal/Casual one). On my "Hard" save file I paired who I thought were cute together (Henry x Tharja, Lissa x Lon'qu, Panne and Kit [my avatar because I love Yarne and he needs to always be in my family], Chrom x Sumia and... I can't remember the rest, lol. I only have half of the kids so far, and haven't been raising supports yet with them... mostly as I dunno if I want Lucina to marry Yarne or not).

In my first playthrough I married Chrom. (Because, gods, I fanboy over him like a schoolgirl sometimes...). I wanted to have my avatar marry Yarne (because I also fanboy over him like a schoolgirl... a lot) but I was impatient to wait until I got to chapter 14 to unlock all the child-paralogues. (This avatar is my casual one, who is female and turned out neat... though Kit's like... indestructible in comparison).

Also: Severa with lethality and galeforce just slaughters so much. I love it.

Yarne is pretty amazing. I didn't quite get around to it in the main campaign, but I'm definitely hooking him and Morgan up as I do postgame stuff.Debating if I'll re-run it with a female Avatar at some point on Lunatic. From what I hear the difficulty takes an absurd jump between Hard and Lunatic, so if I do I might have to run casual.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

I played the demo on the eShop. On Normal, because I suck at video games. :PI really liked it. It's the first time I tried that sort of game, but. I found it enjoyable. I also searched some more stuff about the characters and plot because who cares about spoilers.Anyways, the game and characters seem awesome and I wish I had the game.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I tried playing Lunatic on the demo and I couldn't get past Southtown. :P

Anyway, it's too bad that you can't marry more than one person, because I just HAD to marry Anna, and now poor Morgan is an only child. :/

Additional topic point: Who have you reclassed using a Second Seal? I have Frederick as a General and Morgan as a Dark Mage -> Sorcerer (shut up).

banner.jpg

I am trying to get Awakening, but every store within 4 towns of me are completely sold out and my Amazon order won't arrive until late in the month. The only one I currently own is Sacred Stones, which I got from buying the 3DS early, and the rest of the games are on my wishlist. I am trying to play through Sacred Stones before it arrives, though.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Yeah, Sacred Stones is great, but it's kind of short. And it's pretty cheap how you can just use the Tower(I forget it's name) to level up to lv. 20, transform that character into the next class, and get them to lv. 20 AGAIN. And the final boss(not saying what it is, in case you haven't played much yet) was pretty easy. It took me 2 turns. And I only had to attack with 2 characters.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

(snip) And the final boss(not saying what it is, in case you haven't played much yet) was pretty easy. It took me 2 turns. And I only had to attack with 2 characters.

Meh, that's just because you level-ground so much.

banner.jpg

Yeah, Sacred Stones is great, but it's kind of short. And it's pretty cheap how you can just use the Tower(I forget it's name) to level up to lv. 20, transform that character into the next class, and get them to lv. 20 AGAIN. And the final boss(not saying what it is, in case you haven't played much yet) was pretty easy. It took me 2 turns. And I only had to attack with 2 characters.

You might already know this, but Awakening is a lot like Sacred Stones in that there's infinite EXP via skirmishes and the like. The grinding's not nearly as easy as it is in SS though; the skirmishes either show up over time or by buying a certain item, and they can be pretty tough early on (they're a few levels higher than whatever stage they're on). So it's a lot better balanced for that than SS.Also, on Hard the item to make a skirmish appear is pretty expensive in the early game (4,800 gold) and on Lunatic it goes a step further and makes it so that you only get very minimal EXP from skirmishes.

You know, why does EVERYBODY have to marry Anna? She seems.... Somewhat undesirable as a wife. I know she's been in a ton of games, but still....Also, it's a smart move on Nintendo's part to only let people marry one person, for very.... Obvious reasons.Also, I just realized that the supports between the male Avatar and Chrom is filled with bromance. The support between the female Avatar and Chrom? Eh..... Nothing we can talk about on Bzp.

(snip) And the final boss(not saying what it is, in case you haven't played much yet) was pretty easy. It took me 2 turns. And I only had to attack with 2 characters.

Meh, that's just because you level-ground so much.

Sacred Stones is one of the easiest games in the franchise, too. Great way to get into the series, really.

Been playing Genealogy of the Holy War lately, since no 3DS means no Awakening.

The game is hard even for FE. Haven't had the time to sit down and play it much, so I've only gotten halfway into the first stage last I left off.

hElbrZ6.gif

You might already know this, but Awakening is a lot like Sacred Stones in that there's infinite EXP via skirmishes and the like. The grinding's not nearly as easy as it is in SS though; the skirmishes either show up over time or by buying a certain item, and they can be pretty tough early on (they're a few levels higher than whatever stage they're on). So it's a lot better balanced for that than SS.Also, on Hard the item to make a skirmish appear is pretty expensive in the early game (4,800 gold) and on Lunatic it goes a step further and makes it so that you only get very minimal EXP from skirmishes.

There's also the EXPonential Growth map which, basically, is unlimited grinding with a very nice chunk of XP per kill (early on, as it diminishes as you seal back and continue on). Usually, one of my not super-leveled characters can gain a solid level from killing one enemy in there. Though I was using it more to get supports up between all the characters for child-related reasons :BThat does cost real money though, but if I recall, it was pretty cheap... (like a dollar or two, I think?) which is why I got it (and the Golden Gaffe... infinite money <3).

Thanks for the consideration. I haven't gotten that far yet. By the way, just how grind-y are Fire Emblem games? I haven't gotten far enough to hit any major road blocks, so I don't know. I got introduced to strategy RPG's with the Valkyria Chronicles series, and liked how those games were paced. But when I started playing other strategy RPG's, I noticed that most of them required insane amounts of grinding. Not that I did not enjoy them, but the less grinding involved, the better.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Well, it's Japan, so whaddaya expect. Also, I'm just obsessed with Anna, so just don't. EDIT: Besides, redheaded Morgan is cute.

This is Nintendo, what do you want me to expect?Hey, I'm just viewing things from an analytical perspective, not a fan's perspective. Even from a fan's perspective, what about Jake? You wanna steal his girl or something? (Just kidding)

Well, it's Japan, so whaddaya expect. Also, I'm just obsessed with Anna, so just don't. EDIT: Besides, redheaded Morgan is cute.

This is Nintendo, what do you want me to expect?Hey, I'm just viewing things from an analytical perspective, not a fan's perspective. Even from a fan's perspective, what about Jake? You wanna steal his girl or something? (Just kidding)

Jake is probably Awakening Anna's great-great-great-great-granddad. Just saying.

Anyway, the teenage boy in me can't wait for the North America release of the Summer of Bonds DLC.

Edited by Srakii~Pktaaim

banner.jpg