Dents, Dings and Disasters: REBIRTH

Control_Vee

Welcome. Welcome to a new story, a new beginning. A grand opening. A recreation of events long passed... yet different.

Welcome to...

d3newlogo2.png

Dents, Dings and Disasters: Rebirth is a CYOA comic, or when not abbreviated, a Choose Your Own Adventure comic.

What this means is that it is based on community input. In other words, all readers may send in what they would like to happen next via PM. These sent messages are known as Action Commands [or ACs]. There are some basic rules however:

1. Prefix your command with the abbreviation for a character. For instance:

LER: Do the thing.

or...

SOR: Do the other thing.

2. You can only send commands for characters that are available to be commanded. There will be a list of command-able characters as the story goes on.

3. Send it in a PM! So as to keep the topic from becoming unnecessarily clogged by simple command posts, and to allow the topic to be used by your actual thoughts on the comic, please use the PM system for commands.

4. Be creative! Feel free to send in something a bit silly or unusual, to make the story more interesting. At the very least, a character's reaction will be something to look forward to.

5. Be understanding. As I most likely will be getting multiple ACs at once, I can only pick one or two, depending on the situation. I might not pick yours.

Moving on. The CAMEO SYSTEM.

Cameos are the equivalents of Guest Stars, or Permanent Guest Stars.

There are two kinds of Cameos:

Simple Cameos, and Lasting Cameos, respectively.

Simple Cameos [sCs] are the equivalent of GSes, and Lasting Cameos [LCs] are the equivalent of PGSes. However: LCs are not always permanent. If you become too inactive with ACs or at the very least responses, I may have to remove your character to make room for others. Also, SCs might not be extremely important to the plot very often, but it is possible they will appear more than once! So keep an eye out.

And now, for the template you use to send in to apply for a Cameo:

Name:

Spritesheet Link [Xanis only]:

Powers [if any]:

Fighting style:

Weapon:

Personality:

Cameo Type [sC or LC]:

I will be including a list of LCs, SCs, and Main Characters eventually. I will not accept everyone as LCs, keep in mind!

------------------------------

guardstand.png

???: Ugh.

???: I always get the night shift...

???: I'd rather be sleeping. It's so unfair...

???: I mean, who would be crazy enough to try and sneak in here?

???: It's such a big compound, and so heavily guarded! We'd have them gunned down in minutes, maybe even seconds!

???: Pfft...

guardlerchoke.png

???: HRK!

???: Shhhh...

???: That's not very nice, is it?

???: After all, everyone needs a little crazy to get things done.

???: Just don't make any more noise, and keep quiet.

???: Then I won't have to destroy you right now.

???: Oh, and don't worry. You'll wake up safely on shore... hopefully.

soldierdrop.png

d3newlogo2.png

???: No hard feelings. It's just business...

----------

whodecide.png

What's this, now?

Ah... look at that. A choice.

Now... who would you choose?

?LIGHT? ||| ?SHADOW?

What will you do?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

So, the first comic seemed pretty short, but good. Would have been nice to know a bit more about the characters, but otherwise good. I want to GS, but I don't know how to make sprites, so do I have to give one?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

So, the first comic seemed pretty short, but good. Would have been nice to know a bit more about the characters, but otherwise good. I want to GS, but I don't know how to make sprites, so do I have to give one?

The first comic is meant to be extremely basic for a beginning - Since it is based on community input, it is up to people who send in ACs to decide who is introduced, and when. So at the moment, there is to be mystery.

As for SCing, yes. You're most likely going to have to try and make sprites, send me the description and hope that I can create a sheet for them eventually, or ask someone else to make one for you.

Sisen said:

I'm really loving this comic already. It feels a lot like Crysis. Only send commands via PM correct. Can I send a six-shade for a LC?

LCs are going to be very limited, and more likely if I actually know the person or if I think up a way I can seriously involve them. You're going to have a much better chance if you choose to be an SC - at least then there's a chance you'll be recurring, although not hugely plot-important.

Also: This comic is made in Xanis, so unless you have found a six-shade Xanis sheet, I'm assuming you're referring to six-shade Chimoru. You're going to have to make a kit in Xanis.

Sisen said:

Yes I do know your feeling well with the computer crashing during a comic that was about finished. I hate PC's, but I will be getting a new computer very very soon, so I shall be happy.

I really like the intro logo as I have said before. It gives a slightly futuristic feel and shows you know how to use graphics. I will be sending my spritesheet to you very soon if I can get my act together. Feel free to virtually punch me in the face.

The introduction was done quite well. I enjoyed it, it was simple and introduced the new Ler very well. It shows off his character with he small amount of dialogue and it's just enough to make readers want to watch this series.

For the choice part, I would have put actual sprites of the masks instead of the outlines because, in my opinion. I think it looks a little sloppy and makes a divergence from your overall theme. It isn't really a problem, I just would have changed it to look a little less weird. Just my own preference, that's all.

I really enjoyed the intro and I will be sticking with the series (of course).

sig2_0.png

• 2 weeks later...

LIGHT

lerchoice.png

lergrasswalk2.png

A wandering repentant makes his way through a grassy plain, his goal in mind.

A far more noble goal.

A goal embodied by his title.

Whoever you are...

-----

What will you do?

-----

NOTICE: Due to the fact that the PM system seems to be bugged, you may post your ACs in a regular post - but please make sure you have a legitimate post alongside it! EDIT: PMs are working again.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

lerchoice.png

WR: Look for secret base.

lerunofficialgif.gif

You're pretty sure there is no secret base in this area.

You're quite certain there never has been a secret base in this area, and never will be.

Nope! No secret base around here!

...Well... at least not officially.

What will you do?

----------

Sorry about the speckles, Microsoft GIF Animator decided to mess up the quality only on the frames that are around longer.

Sisen said:

----------

Sorry about the speckles, Microsoft GIF Animator decided to mess up the quality only on the frames that are around longer.

If you want to make animations without the buggy quality of Microsoft Gif animator, Google some tutorials about making GIfs in GIMP. It's quite easy and simple, once you know how it works and get the hang of it.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

----------

If you want to make animations without the buggy quality of Microsoft Gif animator, Google some tutorials about making GIfs in GIMP. It's quite easy and simple, once you know how it works and get the hang of it.

I tried to make the comic a second time before I released it, using gimp. I ended up with a single frame with the blur between the eye movements.

I might try again another time, but I was more worried about actually releasing something.

Speaking of releasing, I've only gotten one AC, and I'm waiting to see if anyone else has anything before I actually make the next comic. It is community driven, after all.

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...

[WR]: Crouch down and scope the area/ [WR]: Do a silly dance

lerchoice.png

lerunarmed.png

...Why would you need to crouch in order to look around? You can see things pretty clearly from here. Besides - doing something like that might look suspicious. Which, to be frank, you're not - you're clearly unarmed, after all. You're essentially just someone walking around in a grassy field. And... dancing..? Well... You're not sure how good of an idea that is.

Because clearly walking around in a field and then dancing wildly isn't conspicuous at all.

Honestly. Once you don't go to this secret base (because it obviously doesn't exist) , you will most certainly not have any weapons because how would you get weapons from something that doesn't exist?

(In other words, you're going to the secret base to get some weapons.)

What will you do?

--------------------

Sorry about the long delay. I've been busy and that business has been sapping my drive to make comics. Thus the copy-pasted background, hopefully to kickstart my creative process again. Seriously though - I would really appreciate ACs. They give me inspiration and ideas for what to do next, and if you can't immediately think of an AC, don't let that stop you from sending one. Just a random idea for what to happen next - send it in a message and describe that it's an 'AC Idea' instead of an AC, and I can try and interpret it into something for the next comic.

I'd really appreciate it!

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...

Just leaving this here as a notice. I'm not working on the comic in huge productive bursts at the moment.

I'm going through another 'phase', if you remember some of the early days of the original D3.

I've had an absolute sea of ideas, so that isn't lacking at least.

However, I'm still thinking on how to implement them.

Aside from that, I'm also still trying to find resources to use for specific parts of the comics, mostly landscape like trees, rocks and the like.

Specifically about this 'phase' is that I really want to make these comics for you all, but as soon as I open up Gimp I suddenly lose my drive and progress slows to a crawl. I hate dissapointing everyone with the fact that I've been having trouble actually making these, despite the fact that I have them planned out.

All of this being said, D3:R will be on a sort of half-hiatus. Meaning that comics will be delayed - they've been like this for awhile, but I decided to make an official announcement about it. It's relatively indefinite, though not forever, but the point is instead of huge bursts of comics, they'll be slowly developed over time. Which might seem pathetic due to the mere 320x240 panel sizing, and short amounts of content, but due to aforementioned reasons, both online and IRL, it can turn out to be harder than it might seem. Not to mention writing things together to make a coherent story that makes sense when looked at altogether.

So... yeah. You'll be seeing plenty more of me, but it'll just be slow.

Sisen said:

• 1 month later...

This is boring. Do something else.

Oh.

...Huh.

Okay then..?

Let me just see if I can find someth-

gifpulseempty.gif

-ing for you to...

OH WHOOPS

gifpulseveeblur.gif

HANG ON A SECOND

gifpulseveeflail.gif

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, UH...

Just something for... um...

Look, you're just not supposed to see this yet, okay?

Hahaha... let's... heh. Let's go see something else!

----------

What will you do- Wait, what?

Sisen said:

Um...

veerushback.png

Ahaha... so... okay then. Hey!

Heh... welcome to my little neck of the Void.

...I guess you could call it that. A Void. Because... there's not really much outside of our little Observer dimensions.

veesallovertheplace.gif

So! What can I get you? Would you like some refreshments?

Coffee? Tea? Soda? Or dare I say, water?

You know, if you wanted to drink. Or could. Because maybe you can't.

How rude of me not to consider.

Did I say welcome? Because you are. You're quite welcome here, my fellow observer.

Or observers. That's possible too.

But... yeah. Generally, I'm not finished with a lot of things here.

And you kind of popped in unexpectedly! I've been busy. Running your own dimension isn't easy, and keeping a comPLETELY new timeline running smoothly isn't the smoothest of rides either! I mean it's not like my previous attempt got completely corrupted and had to be WIPED OUT or anything.

NOPE! HAHAHAHAHA.

AHA.

...Haaahhh...

Sorry.

veeupcloseask.png

Really though. Since I'm so busy trying to get things back on track, it might be a bit until I can open the dimension for your viewing again. Or maybe it won't be. Who knows! A lot of things can happen.

But... in the meantime, if you have any questions, I could try to answer them. Because I sure as heck know about how complicated this stuff is! And... how some folk don't understand. Since it can be pretty complicated sometimes. Hey, I just said that, didn't I?

Haaah... yes. I ramble a lot, don't I? Especially when I'm anxious, or trying to change the subject, or being bewildered...

What? 'What was that last part'? Being bewildered. 'The thing before that'? Do you mean being anxious? Because I said that too. What do you mean changing subjects? I'm pretty sure we're on a pretty good subject right now. What are you going on about?

...Right, right. Like I was saying. While I go out and fix thi- that is, continue working on the timeline for your viewing, you can ask me some questions.

If you have any! Not saying you do. Or don't. But, if you do. You can feel free to ask.

What will you do? I have no idea what's going on, but, okay?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Computer issues rear their ugly heads once more!

Don't worry, though, I have the next comic planned out already. As soon as I can get my computer stable again (or at least copy over the files to this one, aka my spare) I'll try and make the comic.

Also, if you haven't noticed - I've finally figured out how to make animations with GIMP. Hooray! Now we have achieved better quality in the animations.

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...

The Lonesome Wanderer: Does the Observer like pie?

veenomouth.gif

Mmmmebeh.

That is, maybe I would if I was capable of actually eating it.

Since my face is essentially a screen, despite that it's not electronic.

Or maybe I wouldn't. I frankly don't know.

Windrider: I could go for some coffee right now.

veecoffeewind.png

Certainly.

Terra Nuva: What does reworking an entire universe feel like?

veecoffeesmash.png

SORRY. ONE MOMENT.

I'll just get another mug... to replace this...

NEXT QUESTIONS.

----------

Sorry! No fancy shiny shading today. I wanted to make sure I got this out there before my computer started acting up again, but it's slowly progressing towards functioning stably once more.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

• 4 months later...

-Accidental Edit-based Old Comic Snip, look below.- So... hey.Wow.Been a long time, hasn't it?Multiple hiatus(es?), several board downtimes, a few computer crashes. This comic's been pretty short-lived, huh? No ACs on this end after that last update, which was lost alongside some other things, I think. Anyhow... I think this is gonna be the end of D3. And D3:R.I've lost my inspiration for the story, I can't think of anything new for it. It's a community-driven comic, so that's part of the problem.Furthermore, I just seemed to lose track of how the story was going to go - it was mostly wavering ideas, nothing solid, in the first place, to allow for some flexibility. Plus things were just getting too... serious. Go back and look at the original D3 sometime, notice how it was more lighthearted originally.I think that was better for it. So... It may seem a bit unusual, but here we are (again, it's always such a pleasure).The end of D3. I've been pretty busy lately, but I am planning something much more... bionicle-based. Rather than my crazy whatever-the-heck it has been. I'm not sure when it'll come out, or what it'll be called. I'll need to set things up. But don't expect to see me or my characters (Excluding Vee, if I need to take an 'author presence' in, say, an announcement comic) in it. It's still going to be a CYOA, but it'll be very different. Anyways, I'd like to remnicise a bit. D3 was my biggest success in comic-making. Good chunk of pages, good memories... the best being when it miraculously reached the frontpage, being the second comic to ever do so. Man, that was great. But even good things must come to an end, so... I won't be leaving, keep that in mind. It's just this comic. I've been around, I just haven't been able to think up anything good and constructive to add to any topics, so I've stuck out of it. Anyways, look forward to that. A brand-spanking-new comic from me, sometime in the future. Hopefully. So get your imagination-boxes (or whatever that thing in your head is, because calling them brains is boring) ready to go, I'll be needing ACs for that once it starts. Oh, and by the way. You can be as silly as you want. Yes. It's gonna be one of those CYOAs. So, TTFN (Ta-Ta-For-Now, if you've apparently never heard of the wonderful thing that are Tiggers, since he's the only one.) -Leraku

Edit: Double post merged, but to the latest post date.

-Wind-

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

End of an era. I was proud to see the original D3 get a spot on the front page way back when.

I am glad that you have something else in the works; I have no doubt that it will be equally engaging as your other work. But Comics isn't what it used to be - I say that, but I don't want to discourage you. It's simply, well, a warning.

Keep doing your best, though, and I will keep doing mine. I will get Comics back on its feet one day, and I hope to see your work then.

• 1 month later...