The Ambage Review Pass

Velox

The Ambage Short Story Review Pass

(approved by Hahli Husky)

To write well, you need constructive criticism. No writer is perfect--everyone can improve. Therefore, reviews are necessary. Everyone posts stories on BZPower to get feedback. This "Review Pass" system will help with that. A place where, if you review a story, you can get a review of your own story. Here's how it works: You review the requested story last posted. You then post one of your own stories for the next reviewer. The next reviewer will read your story and then post one of theirs for the next. Please see the first three comments by myself and Nuile as an example for how this works (however, all reviews must be new). Please keep in mind the following:

• First you post to claim the review. Then you review; only then do you edit your post and make your review request. No "I'll get to it later." If you do not edit your post with your review within a few hours, I will request that your post be deleted and another member is free to post.
  • You may request a review for one of your own works or for the work of another writer.
  • You may request reviews for the same story more than once, but bear in mind that you will run out of fresh reviewers sooner or later.
  • Off Topic Culture stories are entirely admissible.
  • Short stories only.
  • See the Achievements blog entry for the achievements you can get using the Review Pass.
  • All reviews must be new reviews. The first three posts were just an example for how the system works -- all reviews cannot be previously posted on BZPower.
  • This is for Ambage members only. However, we allow anyone to join, so all you have to do is post in that topic stating your intention to join.

Now then, get reviewing!

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

[Here's an illustration of how a Review Pass works--please do not use old reviews for this:]

I'll begin by posting a story to be reviewed:The Rain, by Nuile.

Thank you in advance, reviewer-to-be.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

[Here's an illustration of how a Review Pass works--please do not use old reviews for this:]

I reviewed Souvenirs, by Velox.

[And this is the end of our illustration.]And now I would like to submit a genuine request for a story to be reviewed:Fall of a Toa, by Legolover-361.Post here to claim it. Go review it in its topic. Edit your post here with a link to your review, a link to a story you want reviewed, and voilà, done. It's as simple as that.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

I can do it. :)

EDIT: Sorry it took a while, but I have reviewed The Fall of a Toa. I hope I did it right. :D

So, my request would be my short story (as in 2,500 words, just as a warning): The Chronicle.

I just have to say, this is a great system you've set up. It will really help to have some encouragement for writing reviews and hopefully add more to this forum. One suggestion though: it might be a good idea to have the request add in approximate word counts or something, so a reviewer doesn't end up reading 4,000 words (like I did) and not get a review for a while. Just a thought.

Edited by Click