• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Ambage Review Pass

The Ambage Review Pass Short Stories

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 09:56 PM

[color=#000000;]The Ambage Short Story Review Pass[/color]

[color=#000000;](approved by Hahli Husky)[/color]

[color=#000000;]To write well, you need constructive criticism. No writer is perfect--everyone can improve. Therefore, reviews are necessary. Everyone posts stories on BZPower to get feedback. This "Review Pass" system will help with that. A place where, if you review a story, you can get a review of your own story. Here's how it works: You review the requested story last posted. You then post one of your own stories for the next reviewer. The next reviewer will read your story and then post one of theirs for the next. Please see the first three comments by myself and Nuile as an example for how this works (however, all reviews must be new). Please keep in mind the following:[/color]

• [color=#000000;]First you post to claim the review. Then you review; only then do you edit your post and make your review request. No "I'll get to it later." If you do not edit your post with your review within a few hours, I will request that your post be deleted and another member is free to post.[/color]
  • [color=#000000;]You may request a review for one of your own works or for the work of another writer.[/color]
  • [color=#000000;]You may request reviews for the same story more than once, but bear in mind that you will run out of fresh reviewers sooner or later.[/color]
  • [color=#000000;]Off Topic Culture stories are entirely admissible.[/color]
  • [color=#000000;]Short stories only.[/color]
  • [color=#000000;]See the [/color][color=#000000;]Achievements[/color][color=#000000;] blog entry for the achievements you can get using the Review Pass.[/color]
  • [color=#000000;]All reviews must be new reviews. The first three posts were just an example for how the system works -- all reviews cannot be previously posted on BZPower.[/color]
  • [color=#000000;]This is for [/color][color=#000000;]Ambage[/color][color=#000000;] members only. However, we allow anyone to join, so all you have to do is post in that topic stating your intention to join.[/color]

[color=#000000;]Now then, get reviewing![/color]

Edited by Velox, Mar 09 2013 - 09:59 PM.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

winter.jpg

#2 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa
  • Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,688 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 09:59 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][Here's an illustration of how a Review Pass works--please do not use old reviews for this:][/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]I'll begin by posting a story to be reviewed:[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]The Rain[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);], by Nuile.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Thank you in advance, reviewer-to-be.[/color][/font] 

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:[/color][/font]

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

#3 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 10:00 PM

[Here's an illustration of how a Review Pass works--please do not use old reviews for this:]

And I have reviewed The Rain.

Requesting a review for: Souvenirs, by Velox.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

winter.jpg

#4 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa
  • Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,688 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 10:07 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][Here's an illustration of how a Review Pass works--please do not use old reviews for this:][/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]I reviewed [/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Souvenirs,[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);] by Velox.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][And this is the end of our illustration.]And now I would like to submit a genuine request for a story to be reviewed:[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Fall of a Toa[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);], by Legolover-361.Post here to claim it. Go review it in its topic. Edit your post here with a link to your review, a link to a story you want reviewed, and voilà, done. It's as simple as that.[/color] 

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:[/color]

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

#5 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,287 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 10:38 PM

I can do it. :)

EDIT: Sorry it took a while, but I have reviewed The Fall of a Toa. I hope I did it right. :D

So, my request would be my short story (as in 2,500 words, just as a warning): The Chronicle.

I just have to say, this is a great system you've set up. It will really help to have some encouragement for writing reviews and hopefully add more to this forum. One suggestion though: it might be a good idea to have the request add in approximate word counts or something, so a reviewer doesn't end up reading 4,000 words (like I did) and not get a review for a while. Just a thought.

Edited by Click, Mar 10 2013 - 03:36 AM.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users