Ignika Countdown & Red Star

So, my question is: During the events in Karda Nui, the Ignika entered countdown to end all life. But the Red Star revives anyone that dies. So why would the countdown have mattered? (If the Red Star had actually worked correctly, of course) I don't know if this has already been asked, but thanks for answering.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I'd imagine the countdown was like a shut down program for the Mata Nui robot. With the robot no longer being in a usable condition, there's no need for the beings living inside to keep it running. So the star wouldn't bother reviving them, because there's no need to. The countdown may even have applied to the Red Star as well, just so there's no rogue Great Being technology left over.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Well this is actually a great question. I would imagine the red star would be shut down because i think it would be very hard to keep the whole population of the matoran universe in the single red star

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The RS would fill up with beings. It would be really cramped. People would start killing each other.

And the RS's power is probably not linked to whether Mata Nui is alive, seeing is that star is still up there over SM. There was some small evidence that pointed to the RS being a living thing that died, but I doubt that it would be enough to preclude everyone getting "beamed up".

It might take awhile for all the beings to be revived and trapped up there, as corpses lying around the MU point to a bit of a time delay on teleportation when system resources are overloaded.

It would make no sense for anyone to be revived in the Red Star if that were to happen. The goal of the Great Beings with the countdown was to destroy all traces of the MU, reviving people would defeat the purpose. So I say it was extremely likely that the countdown was linked to the Red Star as well, so both would be shut down if need be, ensuring the total destruction of the MU and those inside it.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351