• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Lego Now World's Most-Valuable Toy Manufacturer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,142 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 06:28 PM

Lego's been growing unbelievably for years now, with sales of $4.04 billion in 2012. The company's estimated value has just climbed to $14.6 billion, topping Mattel Inc's $14.4 billion. This article explains some of the recent history of company and also delves into the shares of Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen's three children, all of whom seem to be billionaires thanks to the brick.View the full article

#2 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,921 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 08:26 PM

Wow. I'm not even surprised. Well, not at the "best" one, but I am surprised at the $14.6 billion number.

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 08:44 PM

It just seems like everyday whenever Lego gets an achievement :P. It's awesome how Lego managed to rack up $14.6 billion dollars though.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#4 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,774 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 09:00 PM

It's fantastic to hear that TLG is doing so well, when what seems line only a few years ago the company's vitality in a video game-fused world seemed to be in questionable peril.

-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#5 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,728 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 09:35 PM

I am not surprised. That's the real achievement.

#6 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 836 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 10:54 PM

Lego's been growing unbelievably for years now, with sales of $4.04 billion in 2012. The company's estimated value has just climbed to $14.6 billion, topping Mattel Inc's $14.4 billion. This article explains some of the recent history of company and also delves into the shares of Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen's three children, all of whom seem to be billionaires thanks to the brick.View the full article

Thats amazing! If only they would reward their fans with lower prices...  <_<

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#7 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 14 2013 - 07:11 AM

I'm surprised they overtook Mattel, but I definately appprove.  Well done, Lego.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#8 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens

• 1,287 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 14 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'm surprised they overtook Mattel, but I definately appprove.  Well done, Lego.

Ah was Mattel the one above Lego, ah well, we all saw this coming, with the succes of Lego Friends and such, well done Lego.

I'm back!

#9 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,012 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 12:48 AM

[color=#ff0000;]Well, congratuations to Lego!  Starting from making wooden toys to the best toy company in the world.[/color]

#10 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,831 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 07:32 AM

It wasn't already? Wow, that's surprising. Shame it didn't happen back when Lego's products were sheer awesome. Now things seem to be getting more kid-like. Seriously, Ninjago even devolved into the stuff you give first graders, and Chima is kindergarten stuff.

Also unpredictable is: Mattel? I haven't seen a major Mattel product being awesome...well, ever! I was thinking Hasbro.

Nonetheless, good job Lego.

#11 Offline Tanu Toa of Earth

Tanu Toa of Earth
  • Members
  • Toa

• 141 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 07:18 PM

It wasn't already? Wow, that's surprising. Shame it didn't happen back when Lego's products were sheer awesome. Now things seem to be getting more kid-like. Seriously, Ninjago even devolved into the stuff you give first graders, and Chima is kindergarten stuff.

Also unpredictable is: Mattel? I haven't seen a major Mattel product being awesome...well, ever! I was thinking Hasbro.

Nonetheless, good job Lego.

This. Very much this. However, Ninjago really wasn't THAT bad. Chima sort of is though.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users