How did you get your first Bionicle Set?

ToaJaller77

Well I'd seen the six Toa sets in the old pamphlet things LEGO had, but then one day someone brought his Turaga Whenua to school (I think I was in third grade?), which is when I discovered that BIONICLE was more than just the Toa. Then I went out and bought Turaga Nuju and Onewa, and that, as they say, escalated quickly.

OpAXNpl.jpg

When they first came out, my parents didn't want want me to get any, they thought they were too "violent". But I wouldn't give up asking, so my dad got me toa matau as an experiment... It just escalated from there.

Edited by Toa Enax

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I remember my mom just buying a bunch of DVDs from a store one day. When she arrived she bought Mask of Light and Legends of Metru Nui. I quickly watched them bc it caught my attention and my interest in Bionicle grew. The next day I went to Toys R Us and I saw the Bionicle Logo. After that I arrived to a shelf filled with Toa Metru 2-packs and Toa Hordika. I knew however that the Hordika were knew so I got those instead. I got the green one bc it was my favorite color, at the time.

I was strolling through the toy aisle as I laid my eyes on something that would dig it's way into my heart: a Bionicle. I sprinted towards the gritty brown figure that I wanted oh-so dearly. Begging for it from my mom, she scaled the aisles checking for anything cheaper than 11 dollars. She, without hesitation, advertised the Vahki, prefferebly Nuurakh. I grabbed the red canister. I got home and opened the package, only to be met by tons of menacing looking gears and pins. Scared, I gave it to my parents to construct and was soon greeted by a fun, gimmick-y toy that I would love for the rest of my life; or the next few months as I lost him as I moved away from Florida, but stilll have remants of his leg. That is my story.

I was strolling through the toy aisle as I laid my eyes on something that would dig it's way into my heart: a Bionicle. I sprinted towards the gritty brown figure that I wanted oh-so dearly. Begging for it from my mom, she scaled the aisles checking for anything cheaper than 11 dollars. She, without hesitation, advertised the Vahki, prefferebly Nuurakh. I grabbed the red canister. I got home and opened the package, only to be met by tons of menacing looking gears and pins. Scared, I gave it to my parents to construct and was soon greeted by a fun, gimmick-y toy that I would love for the rest of my life; or the next few months as I lost him as I moved away from Florida, but stilll have remants of his leg. That is my story.

That....Was an amazing story....

BionicleNYCC-327x252.jpg

:br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:

I was in some random store and they had this little cage without a top set up with a lot of BIONICLE sets in it, and I thought they all looked really cool. Well, my favorite color was (and still is) blue so I picked the blue one, and my parents bought me it. That set was, as you could assume, Gali, but I had no idea she was a girl until I really started getting BIONICLE sets. :P

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

That....Was an amazing story....

I try.

When they first came out, my parents didn't want want me to get any, they thought they were too "violent". But I wouldn't give up asking, so my dad got me toa matau as an experiment... It just escalated from there.

The same thing happened with my parents. I got Matoro & Nuparu Inika from my Grandmother for Christmas.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

• 2 weeks later...

Toa Jaller Mahari, I got him toyshopping with my grandmother. I am missing his mask, but before I started moc-ing he was whole, untill I would throw him and have to reattach armor d:

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

I was about 7 or 8 and I would always get a toy when we went to Walmart. While we were in the checkout lane I asked my dad if I could get one of "those". He said alright and I grabbed Pohatu because he looked cool. Then I changed my mind and got Gali.It's the only toy I remember buying that well.

• 3 weeks later...

The January 2001 'Lego World Club' magazine had showed up on my doorstep, complete with a double-page spread devoted to the Toa Mata and comic one tucked inside its front cover. I was, shall we say, enamoured by the Bionicle sets - and even more so after reading Kopaka's exploits - and as soon as possible I badgered my mum into taking me to the local toy shop so I could buy Onua Mata.

I think I chose him because in the initial picture of him, his design really confused me, so I wanted to see what he looked like in reality XD

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

My first set was Gali as a toa mata. My aunt gave me her when I was four. I was into legos and other building toys then (I still am into legos, but not some of the other stuff like K-nex) Thus I was interested in Bionicle for a few years I then got Gahlok, Kohrak, Gahlok Va, and Toa Metru Nokama.

Shame I got so few back in bionicle's golden age, but I was young then.

941989_245302795611443_1853177518_n.jpg