Jakiro Kotaro

After those long months of wait and torture, i can finally upload my comics. this is a hand drawn series so if you wanted to look at sprites you came to the wrong place.If you wanted to see a hand drawn series with a good story Please read and enjoy

original threadnncbanner.pngGS & PGS Guidlines1.send me a picture and/or a sprite sheet of how you want your character to look like (xanis toa or chimoru matoran preferred)2.a summary of your characters personality, and a name (with both a first name and a surname)3.and whether you want to be in the story line comics or in a normal GS comic (the studio comics) VIA PM.4. post at least onceSupport corner Guidlines:1.you have to be either a Gs or a Pgs, or you support my comics2.tell me which of you series you want me to support3.send a banner or poster of the series which needs support4.only two series per personPGS List1.Hak2.Dave Strider(Pokolo) (first appearance: comic 2)3.AutoDude Dragon(Auto) (first appearance: comic 1)4.Makuta Kuuls (first appearance: comic 2)5.Kanohi Mata (Ihu)(6.Darcsyde7.Vamprah95888.King Joe9.The X (Xaron Nyk)10.Gs List:1.2.3.4.5.comics will be uploaded every 2 days to a week (please have patience.)Story line comics:prologueSeason 1:

Chapter 2:

Introducing DarcSyde or ... The right addressNew Tenantnew2.gifnon story line comics.noneguest star comics:nonespecial event comics:Christmas partyAvatars and signatures:nadacharacter drawings:(non colored version)vamprahDarcsydeKing Joe ConceptSupport corner:nothingAcknowledgments:Superkid11, JJ_, and Hak: for teaching me how to post comics and being great friends.Don't forget to post your thoughts.comments and creative criticism appreciated

Edited by Jakiro Kotaro

nncbanner.png

Lightning voyager huh...i chose the wrong time to hold a metal rod

thanks for the comment X.i always liked to draw more so thanspriting comics. as for colored comics: i try to finish themas soon as i can, but with school work and myextra curriculars, it's tough to find time todo so. But, i was able to squeeze in some time to colorcomic three last week. New Content:auto's punishment (color version) now for the reason why i colored comic three instead of one and two.it was easier. it had less panels than the other two comics, and i wanted to tryout a new coloring technique i learned two weeks ago, and comicthree was the perfect test subject.enjoy ~Jakiro Kotaro~

nncbanner.png

yeah, i did.the re-outlining and coloring all happenusing photoshop elements on my computer.the colors are easier to work with in photoshop than real paint.coloring using real paint and color penciltakes a lot of time, and it's tricky to get it rightnot to mention it's more expensive. i still do the b/w comics with real pencil and ink,i just do some adjusting in Photo shop to whatever imessed up. and even in photo shop, i still use my hands(i own a pen tablet).

nncbanner.png

• 3 weeks later...

It's nice to see these older comics in color. It looks spectacular. Although, I kinda imagined Auto being almost completely red.

well i used the older color scheme that i used in my original comics so that's why he's more yellow.also, i got your PM about your appearance change. i'll be updating your character soon.

Ouchies... BAD AUTO!

yep, Auto has tendencies to over charge all the fuses.

nncbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

New Content!Testing...(b/w version)now a little background info:i made this comic a while ago when i had some tests coming up and you can guess that my math was not all that spectacular.i decided to upload this today because tomorrow i have the SAT test and it just felt like on of the things that people like to do.enjoy the comic and wish me luck tomorrow! :)

nncbanner.png

Good luck!I must say this was one of your better comics. You could have left the "Uh-Oh" part out, would have made it funnier making it just the flashback.

Flash back?i guess you're referring to the last panel.it's supposed to be an action panel whereJakiro just entered the room. if it was a flash backthe panel would look like a cloud likeit did in the second comic. it will make more senseonce i get around to coloring it.

nncbanner.png

• 3 weeks later...

new content:Christmas partywe wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!this comic is a holiday comic and does not have a place in the story line comics (not yet anyways)this comic also introduces Ihu, Darcsyde, king joe, and Neoenjoy!

Edited by Jakiro Kotaro

nncbanner.png

Well, they're pretty random at times, but the art is really good.

thanks for the compliment, but what do you mean by random? is that regarding uploads or what they do?

Nice comic. The art is spectacular as always. Not really a joke in this one though, but it perfectly conveys that holiday feeling.And I appeared. That makes it awesome.

thanks Joe. that is exactly what i wanted to do with this comic. originally it was supposed to be a textless comic, just images that convey a holiday feeling, but then i changed my mind to do it this way.

I see a wild autodude coming down the chimney :OMG:, Is that pokolo standing next to me?

It's Auto-Claus :P . and yes, that is pokolo. i made the two of you pretty close friends in my comics (hence the side hug in the last panel).

nncbanner.png

Well, they're pretty random at times, but the art is really good.

thanks for the compliment, but what do you mean by random? is that regarding uploads or what they do?

Nice comic. The art is spectacular as always. Not really a joke in this one though, but it perfectly conveys that holiday feeling.And I appeared. That makes it awesome.

thanks Joe. that is exactly what i wanted to do with this comic. originally it was supposed to be a textless comic, just images that convey a holiday feeling, but then i changed my mind to do it this way.

I see a wild autodude coming down the chimney :OMG:, Is that pokolo standing next to me?

It's Auto-Claus :P . and yes, that is pokolo. i made the two of you pretty close friends in my comics (hence the side hug in the last panel).
Okay ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

New content:Jakiro's moodnow here's a bit of an excuse for why it's late.i planned on getting this and a few other comicsuploaded before new years, but my computer crashed and deleted a bunch of my comic files, so... yeah.this is actually a quick edit of my actual comic six.please enjoy.

nncbanner.png

Woot, more hand drawn comics in the comics forum! :happydance:I really enjoy your drawing style, and bothe the black and white and the coloured comics look nice. ^^I'll definitely keep an eye on this, and take all the time you need for your comics. :)Edit: changed 'AWIII' to 'comics subfoum'. Is it still called AWII? I dunno. D:

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 4 months later...

Jakiro(character):well... this is awkwardJakiro(author): just reintroduce the comics.J(C ): but it's been over four months!J(A): fine! let me do it!Greetings again my fellow comic makers/readersIt's me Jakiro Kotaro, and i'm here to reintroduce my comics.i know it's been a long time since my last upload, but i never stoppedmaking comics. i just never got to uploading them. now that the summer is herei can spend some more time with my comics. Here's comic 7:Game over (a.k.a. end of chapter one)new2.gifnow a little about this comic: my scanner was having a bit of trouble the other day, so i couldnot upload the line art for my comic so i could color it digitally. so i decided to use color pencils.it was my first time using pencils to color my comics and i was pretty pleased with the results. i did this for thethree comics after this one as well while i waited for y scanner to be fixed. i hope you all like it.

Edited by Jakiro Kotaro

nncbanner.png

Welcome back! =DI think coloured pencils work well for comics; you can do quite a lot with them... and I think they worked nicely for your comic, too! It's good to see you're still active and making comics, because it would really be a pity if this series weren't continued. Although I have to admit that it's a little hard to get back into the story after a longer break.Can't wait for chapter 2! ^^*follows the topic*

Welcome back! =DI think coloured pencils work well for comics; you can do quite a lot with them... and I think they worked nicely for your comic, too! It's good to see you're still active and making comics, because it would really be a pity if this series weren't continued. Although I have to admit that it's a little hard to get back into the story after a longer break.Can't wait for chapter 2! ^^*follows the topic*

thanks for the support, Taka.also, i agree that it is a little awkward going back into the story after that long of a beakso i'm going to try to get comic uploaded more frequently.Speaking of more comics, New Content:Chapter 2 page 1: The next daynow a little info on this comic:i wanted to convey this sense that, Jakiro(character) is somewhat pressured to be on the top of his game. so i had this idea that he would always getdepressed after he knew he didn't do so well on a test and that he would always check the school sitefor the student rankings (that thing he is looking at on the table is a computer screen that is built in to the table). but then i had to come up with names for the people who would be on that list and a character that would be first on the list. most of the names on the list are characters in the series or characters from my old series. the only character that isn't from either is the character with ranking #1, this character was actually an ideamy little brother had because he thought if i had put the name of the Pgs's as #1, it would have been weird because i had no idea about other people's academic standings and that i might offend them. so any ways, here's the comic.hope you like it. comment and criticize.

nncbanner.png

thanks for the support, Taka.also, i agree that it is a little awkward going back into the story after that long of a breakso i'm going to try to get comic uploaded more frequently.Speaking of more comics, New Content:Chapter 2 page 1: The next day

Well, I wouldn't say awkward... and hey, take all the time you need, I know how hard it is to get back into it as an author; I tend to take long breaks, too, so... yep. ^^And I find the latest comic most intersting in terms of execution; you combined traditional and digital media, right? It adds a certain depth to it. But I think it would work a bit better if the coloured pencil colouring were a bit smoother. (just a small suggestion, though)I know it can be rather tricky to achieve that, and it does require some blending... but hey, I could put together a little tutorial if you want. ^_^One way or another, I really like the style of these. ^^

now a little info on this comic:i wanted to convey this sense that, Jakiro(character) is somewhat pressured to be on the top of his game. so i had this idea that he would always getdepressed after he knew he didn't do so well on a test and that he would always check the school sitefor the student rankings (that thing he is looking at on the table is a computer screen that is built in to the table). but then i had to come up with names for the people who would be on that list and a character that would be first on the list. most of the names on the list are characters in the series or characters from my old series. the only character that isn't from either is the character with ranking #1, this character was actually an ideamy little brother had because he thought if i had put the name of the Pgs's as #1, it would have been weird because i had no idea about other people's academic standings and that i might offend them. so any ways, here's the comic.hope you like it. comment and criticize.

Now finally that's something I can totally relate to. (no sarcasm there, I'm being serious) I'm really curious to see how the story progresses.

thanks for the support, Taka.also, i agree that it is a little awkward going back into the story after that long of a breakso i'm going to try to get comic uploaded more frequently.Speaking of more comics, New Content:Chapter 2 page 1: The next day

Well, I wouldn't say awkward... and hey, take all the time you need, I know how hard it is to get back into it as an author; I tend to take long breaks, too, so... yep. ^^And I find the latest comic most intersting in terms of execution; you combined traditional and digital media, right? It adds a certain depth to it. But I think it would work a bit better if the coloured pencil colouring were a bit smoother. (just a small suggestion, though)I know it can be rather tricky to achieve that, and it does require some blending... but hey, I could put together a little tutorial if you want. ^_^One way or another, I really like the style of these. ^^
yeah, i agree with you there. i never really used color pencils for much, so i don't have a huge amount of experience in coloring with comics. if you can make a tutorial, it will be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

nncbanner.png

Hello readers!i got a new comic for you! :)Introducing DarcSyde or ... The right addressnow a little info:Jakiro is still fretting about his scores and his family honor, and as he does so, a new character appears.i was little of lazy when i colored this comic and i was really lazy when i drew the hands on Darc, so it doesn't look asgood as i would have liked to, but i'm not too disappointed with the product so...yeah.i added a shadow effect using photoshop and edited some bits of the image to look slightly better.hope you all like is.Comment and criticize

nncbanner.png

Yep, I really like the combination of traditional and digital media. You are quite goods at creating an atmosphere in your comics, IMO. ^^Apart from that, it's a classic introduction comic, but it doesn't tell that much of a story; that's absolutely fine, though.

yeah, i agree with you there. i never really used color pencils for much, so i don't have a huge amount of experience in coloring with comics. if you can make a tutorial, it will be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Okay, you know what? It's done. Here you go. :D (And I know I linked to the blog entry, sorry. ^^')