Theory: Creativity

Ok, so you know how on Bara Magna, the Agori suddenly forgot to make things? Well I have a theory I propose: Just like the dreaming plague, something, or someone, preyed upon their sense of creativity. It would probably be a creature not unlike annona, but it just as well could have been a virus.

Again, this is just a theory, any thoughts?

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089

It's possible that Annona isn't a single entity but a member of a species... perhaps they feed on different things? Annona on dreams, another on creativity, etc.

From what I can tell, Annona was originally unique. But then Sahmad went to the Golden-Skinned Entity and dreamed that Annona was stuck on a planet solely inhabited by creature like her, so she became a member of a species. As for the creativity drain, I have no idea why that happened.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I think it was that the GBs were creative, and their creativity made beings that destroyed the planet. After that, I would think creativity would be discouraged. Also, survival and tradition are both important things on SM, which both squelch creative thought. Survival = lack of resources for creative plans, and tradition is a powerful force that prevents people from inventing new things.

Mabye it was their time slip. They had it on Metre Nui, to smuggle in Av-matoran. The Bara Magna one may have been from the great beings so that when Mata Nui reterned from his mission gori would not have already learned how to build and fix everything Mata Nui would. This way his mission could be compleate and the agori would not be ahead of their destined time.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

Personnaly, I would be inclined to think this come from the creation of the Mask of Creation. Since it was forged when MN was still on SM, it could also be linked to it, and its absence would also prevent any kind of creativity there.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

It's most likely to be very simple, if you have to survive from day to day in a harsh desert, you won't find the time to build something new and that knowledge gets lost. There is still creativity on BM but in other forms(eg Glatorian fighting styles) so it isn't really lost.

I'm back!

I thought it was confirmed to be their lack of resources as well as the results of the Core War and Shattering. Their water pretty much drained away into the two giant craters as I understand it (the ocean having been blasted away to Aqua Magna), and they also lost most of their trees to Bota Magna. They were left with a vast desert for the most part. They were just trying to survive -- it was much like on Mata Nui Island, versus Metru Nui.

Plus, the GBs seem to have basically abandoned them, but prior to that they were ruling the planet (officially anyways), and their creative nature probably had a profound influence on the Agori. But when the Agori saw what that led to, they were undoubtedly horrified and tried to live a simpler life.

It also seems reasonable to me that during the Core War, the most inventive types may have been slaughtered by opponents to try to prevent them from gaining control of the EP first, etc.

So in short, I see no need to appeal to some kind of a mind-altering agent to explain it. :) It's the expected result as-is.

Personnaly, I would be inclined to think this come from the creation of the Mask of Creation. Since it was forged when MN was still on SM, it could also be linked to it, and its absence would also prevent any kind of creativity there.

That's not how it works, but nice try. :P Creativity never flowed from a source in an object like that.

There's countless ways to disprove this. Try this one; the Vahi didn't exist until near the end of history, yet Time obviously existed before it. Even more obviously, the Ignika also went as far away from Bara Magna as the Mask of Creation, yet Life obviously continued.

And they did make many things. They just weren't making as many of the really advanced things that you need a lot of resources, know-how, talent, and/or factory-type places for.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)