BIONICLE MAFIA III: BY THE NUMBERS - WITH A VENGEANCE

Voltex

Bionicle Mafia III: By the Numbers

BZ-Metru was over populated; there was simply no way to deny it anymore. When you were lucky if you got to cling to the outside of a bus for transportation to work, something had to be done.

So twenty-one of BZ-Metru’s citizens were booted out by the Turaga of the city, and three days later, the Turaga himself was booted after losing an impromptu election. As the Turaga hobbled into the new Village built by the other outlaws, he read a sign:

WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE

23512315135 2015 2085 2291212175

It briefly lit his head that it was strange to use numbers to spell out words, but it was soon vanquished as the other outlaws all joined around him in welcome.

It was that night, the first night of the official “Village” that the first one disappeared. The Matoran known to some as iBrow, others as Gavroche, and to others as different identities entirely had vanished out of thin air. All that could be reported was the Detective’s missing monocle, a blu-ray player missing from the city graveyard (located nearby), and a series of notes left by iBrow. Needless to say, half of the Village burst into tears at what iBrow had left behind, and everyone else (except one crazy Toa of Fire) shook in their boots with fear.

NOTE 1

Welcome to my game! I’m so glad you could all join me… some of you for the rest of your soon to be gloriously short lives! Haha! You see, I have heard of several Villages being threatened by super secret Mafia groups and the like. I did some research, and it turns out that – wait for it – I actually resurrected all of you from these past Villages using my mind!

Anyway, now that I’ve tortured you with the information that you’re actually already dead, go look for Note #2.

NOTE 4

So now that I’ve explained the concept of the numbers assigned to each of you (the official list, and then my list, haha), I will move onto explaining each of your roles more clearly. Five of you have been selected as being part of the “Dark Hunters” organization – your job is to kill as many of these other folk as possible. Detective, Medic, Turaga, Matoran – your job is to kill all five of these guys off before they do so.

There’s also a wild card I put into play – he’s a rather crazy Toa of Fire, and for safety reasons I’ve forced all memories of whom this Toa of Fire is from your minds. Onto Note #5!

NOTE 3

Perhaps memories are beginning to trickle through the molasses inside your brains from the resurrection (Red Star, folks! Google it), and if so, I suppose I should explain that I will not make things so easy for you.

You see, it’s so easy (almost too easy, don’t you think?) to accuse someone when you have a name and a face. But if you just have a number, it becomes even more challenging – and more fun for me! So I’ll be giving you all a set of numbers to go by, but nobody will know the numbers of anyone else. Except the Mafia – the Mafia will know each other’s numbers, but not each other’s names. Tricky tricky! Now go look for Note #4!

NOTE 5

I hope you found Note #2, because if you didn’t (and trust me, I made it really really really hard to find, just because I love you guys so much) you won’t have any idea what I’m talking about here.

So I figured you’d have some questions regarding the numbers, specifically you Mafia folk. Well, then again, I wrote Note #2 specifically to address all of your questions. So go find Note #2, because I know you are really lazy and stopped looking for it ages ago.

You can’t escape, some of you will die, and maybe a few of you will live. Now, you already know (thanks to Note #2) about how our friendly neighborhood Pyro will be working each round, but what about the Dark Hunters? Well, those lovable folk will receive a suspect list each day – or rather, they’ll be a part of one. I might send one, two, or maybe all five to the grave in a single day! But remember: these suspect lists will include ONLY THEIR

Now that you know how the Days work, what about the nights? With everything being by the numbers, how do you know who is who? Well, don’t you worry, you lovable folks! I will be giving you a number soon enough. And I love Blue’s Clues, so there will be lots (read: almost none) of clues in each of the assuredly spectacular scenes! Now go read Note #2.

The Rules:

1. All usual rules apply.
  2. You didn’t find Note #2, so you’ll have to live without it.
  3. Role revealing is allowed, but must be done by a number. Example: “iBrow is a Mafia” is BAD; “Number 221 is a Mafia” is GOOD.
  4. Expanding on Rule 3, EVERYTHING in this game is by the numbers, as the title suggests. Go ahead and use names and such in pms, but everything in this topic is numbers. You have a suspect? You need their number. Voting for someone? Use the number. Get the drift? Good!
  5. Screencapping is not allowed.
  6. A heads up to the Mafia/Dark hunters: I WILL reveal who you are if you’re the guilty one that round. So if I was the killer that round, I would say “iBrow killed this guy”. The key here is that they can only lynch you by the numbers, and they don’t have that information handy – knowing your name doesn’t do anything for them when they can’t lynch you with it.

The Village

The Turaga x1 – His vote counts for three at the lynchings – however, if targeted by the Dark Hunters at night, he cannot be saved.

The Matoran x12 – They are the equivalent of the ordinary Villagers of every other game.

The Medic x1 – A mysterious Toa that can protect one other player from the Dark Hunters each round, and is rumored to be absolutely bonkers in the head.

The Detective x1 – An easily frustrated Toa that is able to investigate one other player each round, and is known to rage when events do not go his way.

The Dark Hunters

The Shadowed One x1 – The head honcho of the Dark Hunters – nobody knows his identity. Each night he is the one that makes the final decision in regards to who will be killed and who will do the killing. If he is lynched, he can choose one other player to be lynched alongside him.

The Ancient x1 – This guy is the exact same as the other regular Dark Hunters, except that the decision making powers of The Shadowed One are passed onto him if The Shadowed One dies.

The Dark Hunters x3 – These mysterious folk have overrun six other villages before now, and are hoping to overrun their seventh. Each night, one of them will be sent to kill one of you. One of these three Dark Hunters is especially dangerous - if lynched before Round 5, he can choose to take up to three other players to the grave with him.

The Other Guy

The Pyro x1 – This crazy, wacko, lovable, and cherry flavored Toa of Fire targets two different players each night, and then decides which of the two he will kill by playing “Rock Paper Scissors” with himself. He enjoys rock and roll, and, much like the Detective, cannot resist a delicious glass of eggnog or a milkshake.

1. Canis Lupis - VILLAGER, Assigned #10 (Killed by Dark Hunters)

2. Lloyd: The White Wolf - ANCIENT, Assigned #19

3. JIF Naturally Creamy - VILLAGER, Assigned #14 (Lynched by Vote)

4. Progenitus Worldsoul - VILLAGER, Assigned #20 (Killed by Dark Hunters)

5. sukapony - VILLAGER, Assigned #2 (Killed by Dark Hunters)

6. Xaeraz - DARK HUNTER, Assigned #17 (Lynched by Vote)

7. Randy Disher - VILLAGER, Assigned #8 (Executed by Xaeraz)

8. Portalfig - VILLAGER, Assigned #9 (Killed by Pyro)

9. Zakaro - MEDIC, Assigned #1 (Executed by Lloyd)

10. Negative - PYRO, Assigned #7 (Killed by Dark Hunters)

11. The Tolerable Automaton - VILLAGER, Assigned #6 (Lynched by Vote)

12. Tyler Durden - VILLAGER, Assigned #18 (Executed by Xaeraz)

13. BZP Blade - SHADOWED ONE, Assigned #11 (Executed by Lloyd)

14. -Toa Lhikevikk- - VILLAGER, Assigned #12 (Lynched by Vote)

15. M.I.A.- TURAGA, Assigned #3 (Executed by Blade)

16. Dude w/ a Hat - DARK HUNTER, Assigned #16 (Lynched by Vote)

17. Kohrak Kal17 - VILLAGER, Assigned #4 (Lynched by Vote)

18. thoron - VILLAGER, Assigned #5 (Executed by Xaeraz)

19. The Giant Space Butterfly - DETECTIVE, Assigned #15 (Killed by Dark Hunters)

20. Strackkorotus - VILLAGER, Assigned #21 (Killed by Dark Hunters)

21. Spiritmaster Veigar - DARK HUNTER, Assigned #13 (Lynched by Vote)

Edited by YO YO YO YO HOME SKILLET

So wait

I don't really get this but

Whatever

Forget that, I may have a theory on how this thing may work. Possibly. I'm probs wrong, but hey. Why not try.

Oh, and I'm establishing a Chattering Corpse Heap if/once I die. Just so ya know.

Oh, and Spot #9 sir.

EDIT AGAIN: oh hey look I'm in the tags yay

Zakaro

Edited by Zakar0%

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

This certainly does sound interesting. Now to poke those three people who wanted to join the other game late and see if they want to join this one.

And Negative? You can never escape the condiment. :evilgrin:

E: Bah, Automaton! I wanted that spot! I wrote it into the final scene and everything but you ninja'd me. D:

Edited by Portalfig

MIA and thoron added in. Pms go out by the end of tomorrow!

NOTICE: EVERY SINGLE PLAYER RECEIVES A PM, ALL OF YOU MUST READ THEM OR YOU WILL PROBABLY BE LYNCHED BECAUSE YOU HAD NO IDEA IT WAS YOU BEING HUNG. THANK YOU.

EDIT: All pms sent. All roles (Medic, Detective, Dark Hunter group, Pyro) send me a message with the number or numbers you wish to target this night.

Edited by YO YO YO YO HOME SKILLET

one question: I haven't really played this game that much, but the way the number thing works is, say, I accused Canis of being a Mafia, I would have to say something like "I accuse #1 of being Mafia" instead of saying "I accuse Canis of being Mafia" right?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Then, how do we vote for someone if we don't know the person we're voting for's number? It won't exactly be logical to just ask them in a PM... I think.

From what I can tell, that is the fun of it. We don't know who the heck we're voting for! Judging from rom what iBrow said in my PM, everyone has a clue to their identity. IE: IF Bonesii's secret number was 1, then iBrow would say, '#1 has a skull without flesh for a face', or something like that.

EDIT: So, when do we get to start murdering innocent people that are probably actually the medic, detective and Turaga?

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

You've probably figured it out by now, but no, not quite. The PM that iBrow sent you has your number in it, which is different from their number in the list. But other than that, you are completely right.

ah. I see. i've played a card version of this game, so I was a bit confused about how it worked in forums :P

Previously known as Aiwendil.

in the same vein of Strackkorotus's question(s), what ARE the numbers everyone has? not asking for specifics, but perhaps a range? 1-20? 100-500? because i got my number and it doesn't seem to jive with what the examples says.(i don't play mafia games much =P)

teachandroid.jpg

whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg

It already filled up in a day....

Yeah, I was actually pretty surprised. I don't think I've ever seen a Mafia game fill up this fast (although I've only been around since #30 was run on the old forums).

in the same vein of Strackkorotus's question(s), what ARE the numbers everyone has? not asking for specifics, but perhaps a range? 1-20? 100-500? because i got my number and it doesn't seem to jive with what the examples says.(i don't play mafia games much =P)

The range is just 1-21, like the list - except that every player has a different number than the list in the first post. So for example, if I was #22 in the first post, my assigned via pm number could be anything on the list. I ussed 221 for my example so that none of you would go "ermahgerd he used that number so its special we must lynch them!!" =P

When do we start?

It has already begun - I'm receiving the pms for the first night as we speak. They have the rest of tonight and then tomorrow to pm me.

-ibrow

Another question: When I was mysterified at the end of the last game, was that just me teleporting to the location of this one?

Oh, don't you worry. All will be answered, in time. I felt I needed to have some sort of question to answer in the epic for those who participated. =P