Help with Bionicle-Literature Comparison

Here's the deal: I'm the only one I know not on the internet who loves Bionicle. So when friends, classmates, whoever asks the question, "What's your favorite book?" I have a real hard time explaining that I love Bionicle more than anything I've ever read, and why I love it. I actually love it because it's the only book series I know that is a universe about just robots with serious emotions--no humans. That's one reason why it's awesome. But I love literature, film analysis, and literary analysis as well.

Being in the middle of my busy life, I don't have the time to score through great works of literature, so here's my question:

What works of literature could you compare with the Bionicle books and movies?

Anything. Characters, events, identity crises, emotions, locations of Bionicle that can be compared to literature. We, as fans, already know that Bionicle is worth our passion, but this would give people who see the word LEGO on the covers proof that Bionicle is not just a 12-year-olds' ambition to buy toys. Greg worked too hard for it to be just that.

Edited by RobotProphet

This should probably go in General Discussion (I think).

...it's the only book series I know that is a universe about just robots with serious emotions--no humans. That's one reason why it's awesome. But I love literature, film analysis, and literary analysis as well.

It's kind of a silly idea. It's why Transformers movies have humans. It's why Terminator had humans. Kids like robots, but adults need a human anchor to relate to.

...but this would give people who see the word LEGO on the covers proof that Bionicle is not just a 12-year-olds' ambition to buy toys.

Yes it is. The books were solely there to make you buy Bionicles. Greg did work hard on it, true, and he did a darn good job at it. But you're trying to claim that these books are better than anything else you've ever read. That's makes me think you really haven't read all that much or you just love Bionicle a little too much.

...it's the only book series I know that is a universe about just robots with serious emotions--no humans. That's one reason why it's awesome. But I love literature, film analysis, and literary analysis as well.

It's kind of a silly idea. It's why Transformers movies have humans. It's why Terminator had humans. Kids like robots, but adults need a human anchor to relate to.

>

...but this would give people who see the word LEGO on the covers proof that Bionicle is not just a 12-year-olds' ambition to buy toys.

Yes it is. The books were solely there to make you buy Bionicles. Greg did work hard on it, true, and he did a darn good job at it. But you're trying to claim that these books are better than anything else you've ever read. That's makes me think you really haven't read all that much or you just love Bionicle a little too much.

Well that depends. I mean the writing is nothing special, but the story is really original and has a lot "meat". Its one of my favorite fictional universes thats for sure

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I mean the writing is nothing special, but the story is really original and has a lot "meat". Its one of my favorite fictional universes thats for sure

Yeah, I've gotta agree with that. It's too bad Greg didn't have as much freedom as he could have in terms of expanding the universe. Bionicle World is still one of my favorite books because of all the raw info in it.

>

I know that it was made to sell the toys. I'm just saying that it's such a good story with such great characters that it deserves more than that. And I don't think adults need a human anchor to relate when it comes to a great story. That's the beauty of analyzing: Recognizing something for what it's supposed to represent, seeing human context in characters that aren't human, and understanding how you can relate to those non-human characters and their emotions.

&gt

;

lockquote>

Well that depends. I mean the writing is nothing special, but the story is really original and has a lot "meat". Its one of my favorite fictional universes thats for sure

Exactly, Commander Ceecee.

I mean the writing is nothing special, but the story is really original and has a lot "meat". Its one of my favorite fictional universes thats for sure

Yeah, I've gotta agree with that. It's too bad Greg didn't have as much freedom as he could have in terms of expanding the universe. Bionicle World is still one of my favorite books because of all the raw info in it.

Don't forget, Greg practically directed TLR all by himself and was fully in charge for the last years of Bionicle. And we all know how that turned out...

>

this post was rather assertive.

Anyways, Adults don't need a human to connect to. The Toa are so adult like, i don't think that they would have a hard time connecting to any one of the six.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Don't forget, Greg practically directed TLR all by himself and was fully in charge for the last years of Bionicle. And we all know how that turned out...

I don't buy that. Greg didn't even watch TLR because of how depressed he was with Bionicle ending. He wrote the story. That's it.

&gt

;

lockquote>

this post was rather assertive.

Anyways, Adults don't need a human to connect to. The Toa are so adult like, i don't think that they would have a hard time connecting to any one of the six.

Exactly! (I love you <(^o^)>)