How did you get your rarest collectable?

Klanadack

I don't think i have anything rare or anything like that.I know Axxon's pinky was molded odd, to where it was tiny and deformed. I consider that rare.

But my nephew, he and i consider this rare. He has a few metru nui matoran masks that the protodermis stain is at the bottom of the mask, not the top.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

I had a Vahi once, before I traded it away. It was actually rather funny how I got it: I was at a friend's birthday party (when I was like 8), and I saw one of the Limited Edition Vahki with Vahi and Disk of Time (Bordahk to be precise) just sitting on his table. I couldn't stop staring at it the whole time, and I finally got up the nerve to ask him if he played with Bionicle. He said no, and I pointed out that he had a pretty good collectible just sitting on his desk, and he said he noticed I'd been staring at it, and just handed it over! I was so happy, but my mom was kind of upset I got something from his Birthday, but calmed down enough not to make me give it back after I told her how I got it.I also have a TNGM that I just randomly got in a trade for free. Still haven't found a use though.

I don't really have any rare collectables; not that I didn't idiotically paint over when I was young and stupid and didn't realise how rare they were >_< If I hadn't done that, I think my misprint white ruru, which I traded from a friend, might have been, but... now it's now white anymore, and the paint refuses to come off *smacks younger self for being stupid*

Inappropriate use of pain aside, my current rarest would probably be my Disc of Time, which I bought from someone in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum on here, or possibly my 2x infected Haus from the Muaka and Kane-Ra set, which my parents bought of eBay as a christmas present quite a few years ago. Or maybe the Ko-Metru great disk; not sure if the great disks were ever really counted as rare or not.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I have a prototype white Miru with Metru blue swirls acquired at BrickFair 2011, a purple Zamor sphere acquired at Bricks Cascade 2012, and a Metru blue noble Matatu acquired at BrickFair 2012. Aside from those, I have two orange Vahi, gold Vahi, a CMoV Huna, and a BZPower brick, all acquired by sending eight boxes of Fruit Loops to Irish BZP member Reya. I have another gold Vahi that I got in 2004 with a special-edition Bordahk (though it is nearly broken), and two other CMoV Hunas, one from a Tahu Nuva I got in 2003 and the other I got along with a TNGM when I got a set of McToran off eBay. I also have this weird deformed Krana, but it's probably worthless.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I have a prototype white Miru with Metru blue swirls acquired at BrickFair 2011, a purple Zamor sphere acquired at Bricks Cascade 2012, and a Metru blue noble Matatu acquired at BrickFair 2012. Aside from those, I have two orange Vahi, gold Vahi, a CMoV Huna, and a BZPower brick, all acquired by sending eight boxes of Fruit Loops to Irish BZP member Reya. I have another gold Vahi that I got in 2004 with a special-edition Bordahk (though it is nearly broken), and two other CMoV Hunas, one from a Tahu Nuva I got in 2003 and the other I got along with a TNGM when I got a set of McToran off eBay. I also have this weird deformed Krana, but it's probably worthless.

Deformed krana? Did it come that way? If id did, can you post a pic? Also, how much are those prototypes actually worth?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Deformed krana? Did it come that way? If id did, can you post a pic? Also, how much are those prototypes actually worth?

It did indeed come that way. I can't get a picture right now because it's nighttime and my camera works best in natural light. As far as how much the prototypes are worth, that would depend on how many were made. I'm aware of two or three others that exist aside from mine, but only Black Six knows the total number. (I somehow forgot to mention earlier that I got a brown noble Ruru and Matatu from Brickeens when he was at my house last summer.) (Thanks bro)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The rarest masks I have are the infected Hau, orange and golden Vahi, translucent-green miru, and a copper mask of victory (huna). I also have all the silver Toa Mata masks, the four poisoned Hau Nuva's and two golden Kanohi. I acquired them all through ebay and my stocking on Christmas.

I also have a shadow kraata that I got in a Rahkshi set.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

i have quite a number of rare pieces, so let's see...

prototype black/dark red Vastus scythe - Brickfair 2011

prototype white/dark blue Miru - Brickfair 2012

chrome Rua - Powerpack. christmas present in 2005, i think.

2 orange Vahis - accessory kits? i think?

2 gold Vahis - i have absolutely no clue.

Ultimate Dume Kraahkan - guess.

trans-neon green Miru - won at Makuta Fest 2011, if i remember correctly.

infected Hau - Brickfair 2012, from a vendor. traded it from Sumiki, actually.

and i used to have a purple Kraata from an accessory kit, but sadly, it was lost.

I don't think i have anything rare or anything like that.I know Axxon's pinky was molded odd, to where it was tiny and deformed. I consider that rare.

But my nephew, he and i consider this rare. He has a few metru nui matoran masks that the protodermis stain is at the bottom of the mask, not the top.

That probably actually is rare.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I did have a misprint mask once. A brown ruru me thinks. THEN I LOST IT. duh

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I got two gold Vahis in one of those giant 2004 promotional tubs that had a bunch of random pieces in them, but I lost them. I still have the two disks of time that came with it though. Someone also gave me their entire collection at one point and I gained a Shadow Kraata. I also got some silver and bronze kanohi from 2001 when the Toa were searching for the Golden Kanohi.

My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

I got two gold Vahis in one of those giant 2004 promotional tubs that had a bunch of random pieces in them, but I lost them. I still have the two disks of time that came with it though. Someone also gave me their entire collection at one point and I gained a Shadow Kraata. I also got some silver and bronze kanohi from 2001 when the Toa were searching for the Golden Kanohi.

That's a pity. :( I always wanted to own the Vahi. Congrats on the shadow kraata though. Still have it?

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Masks:

Copper Hau

Copper Kakama

Copper Pakari

Silver Hau

Silver Miru

Silver Kaukau

Gray Hau

Tan Noble Huna

Green Kualsi

(I'm not quite sure if any of those are rare)

I have 2 kraata. One white, one silver.

I got all of those from a garage sale. $40 for 12 pounds of Bionicle parts.

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

That's a pity. :( I always wanted to own the Vahi. Congrats on the shadow kraata though. Still have it?

Yeah, I do!

Also remembered which copper and silver masks I have: Copper Pakari, Copper Miru, Silver Akaku, Silver Kakama

I also have a gray Noble Huna, and a light blue Noble Mahiki, a light gray Noble Ruru, a white Hau, an orange Noble Komau, a green Pakari, and a black Miru. Not sure if those count or not.

Edited by Kazi the Matoran
My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

Well, idk if I would consider it my rarest collectible, but I have two really awesome and funny vmkk stories.1: I bought a collection of bionicles off of ebay for $350 about 3-4 years ago, it has a very good amount of sets in it and I looked really close at the pictures and thought I saw some vmkk so I thought I might as well just try it. when I receive the four boxes that the collection came in, I pulled out the masks in krana that were in a bag and there were the 4 vmkk that were in the pictures! I was amazed! depending on which way you look it, I either got all of the sets for free or all the for free. sadly things came up and I sold all 4 vmkk, for over $450!2: Ever since I sold my vmkk, I've been regretting that I ever did, so I promised myself one day I would try to get all of my vmkk back if at all possible, it didn't matter if they were the same ones or not. so as I found out, luck was on my side!I bought 2 vmkk from sidorak, xa and ca. Then I bought a vmkk yo from TLH. So I had three of the four vmkk I sold back! I was so happy! But the best was still to come! I was browsing on ebay looking for a mask that I needed to complete my collection and there they were seven of the eight vmkk! and I had the one that the guy was missing! There was still nine days left when I found the auction. those next 9 days went by slower than I ever thought days could! LolIt was down to the last 2 minutes, I went ahead a put my final bid in and waited. At the end, I won! I now have all 8 vmkk and 2 spares! (the two spares are for sale btw) here is a picture, sorry for the quality, I took the picture from my phone. https://photos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s720x720/165402_540004419374490_1432308753_n.jpgAnyways, that's one of a few great stories!Mc

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

• 2 weeks later...

An older family friend's son grew out of BIONICLE a few years ago and gave me a huge assorted box of sets and parts, including a Shadow Kraata and a trans-lime Miru.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

My rarest collectible would probably be the 2001 Toys R Us BIONICLE fold-out Kanohi case with only one proper mask for the collection, a dark gray Matatu. I have no idea how my mom managed to obtain such an item, but I got it as a gift from her, though it came late or something.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

Atm, I think my rarest is a Copper Huna from a trade. I've also got a full set of Gold and Silver Kanohi, accumulated from trades, and the Disk of Time from eBay. I've also got a Shadow Kraata from a Special Edition Rahkshi I got for my birthday.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Hm. My rarest piece was probably an infected Hau Nuva that I found in a little collector's box being sold in Woolworth's one time. It came with a comic I already had and Turaga Vakama so how could I refuse?

I kind of hoped it would be a series and that there would late be a Turaga Nokama with an infected Kaukau Nuva, then a Turaga Matau and so on and so forth. But it looks like it just wasn't to be.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I got all my collectibles from the same place. It's 2007 and I'm on eBay I buy a lot containing several masks, krana, kraata (Shadow, too), and Infected Hau Nuva, both Vahis, a couple disks of time, and about 40 various sets. This all cost me about $50. Best purchase I ever made.

Let's see...

• Four(?) gold Vahi's and Discs of Time from the special edition Vahki back in '04
  • A poisoned Hau Nuva from... somewhere. Something tells me it was from a Bionicle toothbrush? Did they come with those?
  • An Orange Vahi from Bricklink.
  • A copper Huna, also from Bricklink.

Not much else, unless you count Irnakk's spine. I'm going to Brickfair this year, so I should be able to pick up a prototype part there.

Edit: Oh, I have a stage 1 shadow kraata, too. Got in it a kraata canister in one of those part tubs.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

i feel as thought the rares items i have in my collection would be the nestle promotional minifigures and the burger king figures that were released in the uk. all of them and still mint and have never been opened and probably never will be.

links here to pics found on the internet.

http://www.johanvankeulen.nl/Bionicle/Accesoires/Speciale%20uitgaven/Burger%20King%20set%202003.jpg

http://bricker.ru/sets.html?family=Bionicle&theme=Nestle+Promo

• 3 weeks later...

Toa Iruni. I got him in a mixed lot bag.

I'm proud to say that I've got quite a few rare collectibles.

Chome Hau - Bioncle Power Pack

Gold Vahi - Target Vahki sets

Orange Vahi - Directly from the Lego Group

Copper Huna (US) - Directly from Lego as well

Copper Huna (UK) - eBay auction

Copper Komau - eBay auction

Trans-Green Miru - eBay

Trans-Yellow Kaukau - Bricklink

Trans-Light Blue Kaukau - Bricklink

Euro Misprint Rurus and Matatus - Internet sale

Bright Gold Avohkii Misprint - Brickfair

Gunmetal Grey Kraahkan - Internet sale

Gold Kanoka - eBay

Blank Glow-in-the-dark Kanoka - Trade with Sidorak The Hunter

UDD (Unity Duty Destiny) Kanoka - internet sale

SDCC Kanoka - Internet Sale

Disk of Time w/ 199 code - Target Vahki sets

Disk of Time w/o code - Internet sale

Trans-Red Kanoka - Bricklink

Tan Kanoka - Trade with Dual Matrix

All 6 Shadow Kraata - Purchase along with other Kraata from Mask Collector

Trans-Orange Kraata - Same as above

WMKK (White Metal Krana-Kal) - ebay auction

VMKK (Vacuum Metal Krana-Kal) - All 8 from various trades/purchases with other BZP members

GPKK (Grey Plastic Krana-Kal) Ca - Purchase from Flintsmith

You can see my whole collectible collection on my Brickshelf if you're interested: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=512068

Some of the pictures need to be updated, but that's the most current set if pics I currently have.

- :t: :l: :h:

WHERE THE HECK DID YOU GET THAT PINK TARIX MASK????

I bought it from the previous owner and the Tarix mask is one of a kind.

- :t: :l: :h:

actually, my question would be... where did you get the white huna, brown komau, and navy blue matatu (all you need is maroon huna! (and yellow huna and ruru lol)

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging