Destiny Sprite System

Ghosthands

Ok, guys, the fixed Turaga kit is up. Today I realised I left a shade uncorrected on the Tohunga, but I've now fixed that and will soon be uploading the updated version.Just a quick question - what would you like me to make first once the Toa kit is done? Move on to 2003 Matoran and Nuva, or make accessories (weapons, items etc)?

Weapons, expanded Kanohi, etcetera would be best IMO.BTW, Tamaru's body was teal, not green.
Set_Tamaru.pngLooks green to me. He was sky blue in MNOG, and teal in MNOG 2. The above may be teal, but it's near enough to green as makes little difference.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ok, guys, the fixed Turaga kit is up. Today I realised I left a shade uncorrected on the Tohunga, but I've now fixed that and will soon be uploading the updated version.Just a quick question - what would you like me to make first once the Toa kit is done? Move on to 2003 Matoran and Nuva, or make accessories (weapons, items etc)?

Weapons, expanded Kanohi, etcetera would be best IMO.BTW, Tamaru's body was teal, not green.
Set_Tamaru.pngLooks green to me. He was sky blue in MNOG, and teal in MNOG 2. The above may be teal, but it's near enough to green as makes little difference.
Nope, he was teal in MNOG as well.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Company.pngLooks almost exactly the same as Maku's body to me.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Actually, if you look, there's a slight difference. Almost exactly the same, but not the same. It's meant to be a reversal of Kongu's colours.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Actually, if you look, there's a slight difference. Almost exactly the same, but not the same. It's meant to be a reversal of Kongu's colours.
I know, I could see the difference. My point is, all the pictures of him have such different shades that it's almost pointless to try to use exactly the right colour. I might change it at some point, but it's not a priority to me.Thanks for pointing it out, anyway ;)

I'm tOo coOl the use punctaTion duhlol, jk. i usually dont do capitals in a sentence, but i dont do puncuation when it is the last sentence of the post

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Tamaru's colour variations were all due to the low-quality imaging we thought was amazing in 2001.I can still remember how shocked I was by the 'excellent' 3D in LEGO Island. :PAh, how the world has changed. Right now, I am posting this from a device that a few years ago would not have been considered possible. Think about it, a few years ago, would you have thought touch-screens and glasses-less 3D would be possible in less than a decade?And I'm straying off-topic... As usual.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

sorry ghosthands, but i'm at my grandparents house and they have a mac >.<ill get back to you after the weekend

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

sorry ghosthands, but i'm at my grandparents house and they have a mac >.<ill get back to you after the weekend

No worries. Lewa is completely done, and other builds is also ready. At the moment, the real spriting issue is making the Toa tools. I've only done Tahu's and Lewa's so far.

No worries. Lewa is completely done, and other builds is also ready. At the moment, the real spriting issue is making the Toa tools. I've only done Tahu's and Lewa's so far.
Are you going to make a Tahu-like build, but with both arms like the left arm, thus not allowing a weapon?Out of curiosity.Because not everyone likes weapons.Kinda.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Are you going to make a Tahu-like build, but with both arms like the left arm, thus not allowing a weapon?Out of curiosity.Because not everyone likes weapons.Kinda.
I'm putting in not just the six builds, but also all the pieces so people can make custom builds. So if you want one like that, you'll be able to make it.

Isn't that kinda like cheating?I mean, it's imaginitive an' all, but won't making it up take time?

So will drawing them from their canon appearances. In fact, because I'll hopefully have a good number of parts done by then, it may even take less time than making a canon character with new parts.

Well this is the closest I'm probably going to get to seeing the old MNOLG style character creation kit again, all be it smaller.The banner is good, that's how I got here, I wouldn't normally be in kits.as a first kit (or at least first to be posted) it's pretty spectacular. I can tell you were very much MNOLG inspired, certainly that picture of Tahu is pure MNOLG. I like the style you''ve done the masks, lots of attention to detail, providing the Kaukau with a both clear and opaque visor. My favourite mask is the noble Huna, it reminds of the ones from the movies, not the overly long one with the huge eyebrows that Vakama wore, but the better proportioned ones worn by Macku and background characters.This is the first topic I've followed that hasn't been one of my own, I hope to see a lot more.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

It's a Haukau XD
Yeah. I made a Rayg one too, but this one looks far better. Probably 'cause it's bigger. :P(PS, I put a Rayg sprite beside a DSS sprite. It made poor Pirok look like a clockwork toy! And I fixed your banner, I'll try and remember to upload the fixed version to Brickshelf. Also, the Rayg 'Haukau' appeared in my most recent comic. BTW, it's only going to be called a 'Haukau' temporarily)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

>.<sorry, i've been busy the past couple weeks. what did you want me to test agian? i think i could do it tommorow/

>.<sorry, i've been busy the past couple weeks. what did you want me to test agian? i think i could do it tommorow/
Just the Matoran and Turaga, please ;)

hmm... sure. and does the turaga include testing all the staffs?I'll start recoloring after I play some portal 2 and steel storm.

How are you going to do Vortixx?We've only seen the female build.

Make it up.
Possibly remove the Rahkshi heads? :censored:Anyways, great sprites!

It's been a short while since I immersed myself back into the world of Bionicle... particularly BZPower. I was surprised to find I couldn't post there. So I raged, then I found...

THE NEW BZPOWER BOARDS?! OMG WAT.

Yes, I was surprised. Miss BBCode, but... this is a nice change. Gonna miss the old forums, even though I NEVER posted on them.

In other news: Darth Revan FTW, Mario is da bomb, Pokemon rocks, Jurassic Park is awesome, Angry Birds is glorious, Bionicle... Is inexplicably awesomely, gloriously, da rocking bomb. FTW.

That's all I have to say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
On 10/17/2011 at 3:35 AM, Ghosthands said:
chronicler_company.png

I've never posted a kit before, but I was working on this over the downtime and I thought some of you guys might like it.Now, having looked at quite a few Bionicle sprite kits, I've noticed that they seem to fall into two categories:

• [*]Look slick and lifelike, but aren't very faithful to the sets[*]Very set-accurate, but poses look awkward and stiff.

What I have tried to do is make a kit that combines the good features of both, while avoiding the bad features of neither. You will have to be the judges of whether I have succeeded.I have based a lot of the design on that of Templar Studios' MNOG characters.News

• [*]17/10/11: Topic created.[*]23/10/11: Tohunga Kit, Turaga Kit, Kanohi, and banner added.[*]29/10/11: Colour palette added.[*]30/10/11: Tohunga kit's colours fixed.[*]02/11/11: Turaga kit's colours fixed

The KitsKanohi:sprite_kanohi.pngMatoran (Tohunga):tohunga_kit.pngTuraga:turaga_kit.pngToa (Mata):Coming soonThe CharactersThese are the canon characters I have completed so far:Tahu: the only Toa Mata whose build is finished.tahu_preview.pngTuraga:canon_turaga.pngMatoran: Tohunga buildcanon_matoran_-_tohunga.pngThe ColoursDSS uses the same nine-shade colour system as the MNOG-Style Character Creation kit. I have made my own modified colour set, as the colour charts used in the MSCC are very big and inconvenient when working with small sprites. I have also changed several colour names, incorporated other colours not used in the original MNOLG-SCCK and will be adding more colours at a later date.sprite_colours.pngAnd, yes, I did say 9-bit. I know, this can make recolouring a bit of a pain, but I chose to do this because it allows for a greater depth of detail, texture and shading, and hopefully a more lifelike sprite.BannersChronicler's Company:chronicler_company.pngRequestsIf you would like a custom Kanohi, weapon, tool, or any custom object not included in the kit, PM me or leave a comment here and I'll see what I can do.Also, if you'd like a character made for you and find the kit too hard to use, I'll try to help with that too.One last thing...I have spent quite a bit of time and effort making this, so I'd appreciate it if you would please do the following:

• [*]Please do not post any part of this kit claiming it as your own work. Please either give credit as DSS, or Ghosthands.[*]I am more than happy for people to use this kit, but I would ask that if you do, please inform me - just because I'd like to see what you're making![*]If you make custom parts such as Kanohi or weapons for DSS, feel free to send them to me so I can make them available to others.

I understand this is a very old thread, but I'm wondering what the progress is like on this. The sprite work is very impressive pixel art.

signature.png.7bdaca82588165edb3cfc88bd8555ae2.png

Hi there @davidvkimball, and thanks! As you say, this is an ancient piece of work (oh god, ten years...) and I've long since moved on to other things. I doubt I'll ever come back and finish the kits I'd started, let alone "complete" the project; to actually make these sprites usable would require a lot of work on different posing options, which is something I just don't think I'd have the time or patience for.  That said, whenever I look back at these sprites I'm still fond of them, and I still adore the MNOG aesthetic that inspired them, so never say never.

What you see here is (almost) everything I made back in the day. Going through my old files, I can see that I'd been working on a Toa Mata kit, but never finished it. I did make Lewa, though:

Canon Toa (Mata) WIP.png

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/15/2021 at 2:54 PM, Ghosthands said:

Hi there @davidvkimball, and thanks! As you say, this is an ancient piece of work (oh god, ten years...) and I've long since moved on to other things. I doubt I'll ever come back and finish the kits I'd started, let alone "complete" the project; to actually make these sprites usable would require a lot of work on different posing options, which is something I just don't think I'd have the time or patience for.  That said, whenever I look back at these sprites I'm still fond of them, and I still adore the MNOG aesthetic that inspired them, so never say never.

What you see here is (almost) everything I made back in the day. Going through my old files, I can see that I'd been working on a Toa Mata kit, but never finished it. I did make Lewa, though:

Canon Toa (Mata) WIP.png

Thank you so much for digging this up!!

• Like 1

signature.png.7bdaca82588165edb3cfc88bd8555ae2.png