Introducing BioniLUG

Today we get to take the wraps off a project that's been in the works since earlier this year. BZPower is proud to announce that we are expanding the site to include a LEGO Users Group, or LUG. BioniLUG is a group for people who enjoy building creations and then displaying them at events and conventions, or who just like to go to those conventions to interact with other members and fans. You can read more about it in this topic and ask any questions you might have in the Talkback. I'm looking forward to this new aspect of our community and hope you all are as well.View the full article

aww_yea.jpg

I've been waiting for something like this for a while. I do have two questiosn. First, since Lego Stores need a group to assign to MOCs put on display, does BioniLUG count as a group for that?

Second, I am a Bionicle Theme Coordinator for a Lego Convention (Bricks by the Bay), so is there a way for members to contact Lego about getting prizes for awards and things for something like that?

Hmm, seems interesting, I will surely consider this.

Now I only have to find a convention 'round here that isn't LEGO World. And find out if the MOCs you send in will be send back once it's over. Oh well, we have search engines for such questions =)

iquXD5X.png

While I'm sure this is a great deal for everyone who regularly attends these conventions, my consistent inability to attend them pretty much rules me out. But ever since you did the poll for it I kind of figured it wasn't for me because of that. :/ Still, it's nice to see it going somewhere.

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I've been waiting for something like this for a while. I do have two questiosn. First, since Lego Stores need a group to assign to MOCs put on display, does BioniLUG count as a group for that?Second, I am a Bionicle Theme Coordinator for a Lego Convention (Bricks by the Bay), so is there a way for members to contact Lego about getting prizes for awards and things for something like that?

I've not considered the Window to the Community program and how we'd participate in that. It might be tricky because there are local LUGs near many LEGO stores and I wouldn't want us to step on their toes. Something to consider though.The event should already be working with LEGO to get prizes and things like that. LUGs that display at events don't usually directly interact with LEGO for things like that.

Hmm, seems interesting, I will surely consider this.Now I only have to find a convention 'round here that isn't LEGO World. And find out if the MOCs you send in will be send back once it's over. Oh well, we have search engines for such questions =)

Of course you get your MOCs back!

YES YES YES. I am very excited about this. So if we join now and have MOCs on the BZP convention circuit, do we get the benefits this year?

Yes, you'd get them as soon as we have all the details ironed out.

From this topic:

I live in [insert country]: can I join?People from any country can join as long as they meet the above requirements. All members will receive the engraved brick, LUG member indicator, and access to the subforum. Additionally, however we decide to distribute the sets and pieces we get from LEGO, all members will be considered equally.All members can receive the sticker for the AFOL day discount. The sticker is only valid at North American LEGO Brand Retail stores, i.e., USA and Canada. If you do not live in one of those countries or you do and do not have a LEGO store near you, the sticker will not do you much good. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that and hope you still join BioniLUG anyway.As a side note, there is a separate program to receive a discount at European LEGO Brand Retail stores. If you are interested in participating in that, I suggest you find a LUG in your country and join that. If you need help finding a LUG, please contact me and I'll do my best to help.

Well I guess I can't join, because it won't let me buy it.

Oops! Something went wrong!
[#20X111-C]

This invoice contains items you have already purchased which cannot be purchased again. Please contact an administrator for assistance.

Need Help?

• [*]
Our help documentation[*]Contact the community administrator

That's a real let-down, since I actually had money today to pay for this, but looks like it doesn't work.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

a few questions: besides the brick, what's the real value of joining the BioniLUG? and second, what is generally in the LUG forums? what genre of topics, I mean.

I'd say there's value in the LEGO Store Discount and the free sets and bricks.

So, what exactly are the nature of the topics in the BioniLug private forum? (Just wondering)

This got skipped over, and I am curious about it. (Is it games, S&T stuff, just a place to chat?)

Currently there's only one topic in the LUG forum. We're open to all sorts of discussion, but I think the focus will be on planning for events, distributing sets, and possibly some private contests. If you join, feel free to suggest something!

There I'm joined.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I would join, but high school keeps me from sending MOCs to or attending conventions, and a lack of my own money to spend, and so on... ugh, I hate being a teenager @_@

Still, this might be interesting. Although I'm probably going to spent the next six years wondering what is going on in the private forum.

aouROFb.png

Still, this might be interesting. Although I'm probably going to spent the next six years wondering what is going on in the private forum.

We will be having all the fun with cake and ice cream and oh goodness is that a bouncy castle?

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

This sounds really neat. I might join eventually if I somehow stop abandoning all my MOCs halfway through building them :P

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)