• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Clad in Iron: Discussion Topic

RPG Discussion Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 18 2013 - 11:30 PM

This is where all OOC discussions should be taken for the RPG, Clad in Iron. This also where your profiles should be posted.

List of Approved Profiles:

Edited by Toa Onarax, Mar 19 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#2 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 18 2013 - 11:34 PM

Gentleman, allow me to introduce you to the one who shall be enforcing the rules and executing justice within this RPG.

Namely, myself.

Welcome to the land of creative torture.

#3 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,266 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 18 2013 - 11:46 PM

Guys, I was revamping the main post and the map again.

Don't rush man.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#4 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 18 2013 - 11:51 PM

As Hubert stated we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by.

Edited by Toa Onarax, Mar 18 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#5 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 12:51 AM

Love the concept! Out of curiousity, would Hong Kong still be a BE colony? And does Shanghai in this universe still retain a reputation as an ambassador city?

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

#6 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 12:59 AM

We're currently revamping the map which will include boundary changes. We should have your answers in a few hours, apologies on the wait.

#7 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 06:22 AM

So, can I submit PCs yet, or will I have to wait until everything is fixed?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#8 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,266 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 07:07 AM

Revamp complete.

Go edit your thing, Onarax.

Well then, time for my escape.

Because I already got fired.

'Ja~

Edited by ZHX, Mar 19 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#9 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,806 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:17 AM

Oh dear, the things that happen while I sleep...

Terribly sorry for the confusion, folks. Things should be fixed now, but I'll be making sure in just a moment, and you can feel free to post your profiles for approval. I should have my inbox clear in just a few minutes, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Hope to see you guys around.

EDIT: By the way, the second post in the main topic is the accurate one. I'll have to talk to Onarax about deleting the first one.

Edited by The Snark Knight, Mar 19 2013 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#10 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,615 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 10:31 AM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Name: [/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);]Audrey Archibald[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Gender:[/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);] [/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);]Female[/color][/font][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Age:[/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);] 23-ish or something.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Faction: [/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);]European Alliance[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Appearance:[/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);] Audrey isn't tall, standing slightly below average in terms of height. Her dark chestnut hair is worn short, while freckles spot her olive complexion. However, her most distinguishing feature is her eyes. Her left is a deep blue color, while her right is a chocolate brown. Her admittedly good looks do nothing but annoy her. Almost always wears something covered in pockets and grease, along with a pair of thick leather gloves and goggles.[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Biography:[/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);] Her parents having died when she was young, Audrey lived most of her early life with her aunt and uncle. It wasn't easy for them, though they managed. Although, as soon as she could, Audrey joined the European Alliance military, if only to get away from the place where she grew up. At first, she trained to be a pilot, what better way to get away then to go up? It didn't last that long, owing to her rather (unsuspected) fear of heights. So, she put her skills elsewhere, and became an engineer working on things from mechs to inside a tank. And she was good at it, though she has yet to work on one of the massive zeppelin airships.[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Personality:[/color] [color=rgb(51,51,0);]Loud, somewhat overbearing, with a distinct do-it-yourself attitude. Audrey has a slight Napoleon complex at times, though not usually. Unfortunately, she's not as good with people as she is with machines.[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Mech: [/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);]N/A[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Occupation:[/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);] Engineer[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Equipment:[/color] [color=rgb(51,51,0);]Is never seen without a relatively weighty wrench, going by her philosophy that anything can be fixed, should you hit it hard enough. Also has a multitude of various other tools, such as hammers, clamps, flamethrowers, etc. Stuff for fixing things, you know?[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Skills:[/color][color=rgb(51,51,0);] Fixing things. Big things, small things, metal things, electric things, old things, new things, clockwork things, unfixable things, red things, blue things- chances are, if someone made it, then she can fix it. Given enough time and curse words, that is. Although, she's not that good at fixing alive things.[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Weaknesses:[/color] [color=rgb(51,51,0);]She's strong for her size and a crack-shot with a firearm, but she's no soldier. As such, if one avoids getting hit with an oversized wrench, then they might be able stop her.[/color][/font]

Edited by Gravity, Mar 20 2013 - 02:58 PM.

01T3YDF.jpg

#11 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,806 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 10:36 AM

ApprovifiedWelcome to the game

Posted Image

#12 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 10:50 AM

Staffy Things

[color=rgb(128,0,0);][font="georgia, serif;"]Richard "Lionheart" VI[/color][/font]

Spoiler

Spoiler

[font="georgia, serif;"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]My Things[/font][/font]

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="georgia, serif;"]Sayf al-Dawla[/color][/font] 

Spoiler
 [color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,100,0);][font="georgia, serif;"]Ilja Brokvejus[/color][/color][/color][/font][/font][/font] 
Spoiler

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase, Mar 24 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#13 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,657 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 02:53 PM

Name: Hubert Montague SmytheGender: Male Faction: British EmpireAppearance: Looks...kind of bland really. If you saw him you'd assume he was some sort of desk clerk, with his tidy black hair, skinny physique and penchant for suits. Everything about him screams of neatness and pacifism. He appears utterly non-threatening

Mech: NoOccupation: Secret Service Special Operative (MI3)Weapons/Equipment: Generally has a trusty revolver, because you can't go wrong with a simple gun. Customises other equipment depending on the missionSkills: Highly athletic, very good at hurting or killing others with various tools and implementsWeakness: Given the highly technological stance of everyone else his slightly old-fashioned methods of guns and fisticuffs does make him a little vulnerablePersonality: He's not quite the cold calculating killing machine his superiors would like him to be. He believes it would be insulting to the people he kills if he didn't take some measure of fun in doing it, so tends to joke and quip about when doing his job. If he says he regrets killing someone he will often genuinely mean it. It won't stop him, but still...Bio: This Hubert Montague Smythe is in fact the twenty-fifth to bear that name. Not because he comes from a long line of Smythes but because the identity was...appropriated by the government during the time of Cromwell for the purposes of "activitees moste secret" after the original Hubert Smythe disappeared, presumed killed, during the Civil War. Every time one Smythe dies another is taken from the ranks of government agents and is given the name and lands associated. A sort of promotion for your entire life.

The current Smythe was originally an orphan, taken on by the Military Intelligence department for Press and Propaganda (MI7) as someone who could run the streets, keep an eye on public opinion and discreetly put up government friendly advertisements.  As he aged he became more and more proficient in the various...arts the secret service liked to culture he slowly worked up the ranks until becoming one of their most valued active agents in the European circus.

Name: Hyacinth SmytheGender: FemaleFaction: British EmpireAppearance: Originally a French-African from Morocco everything about her is dark. Black hair, black eyes, skin like rich Belgian chocolate...it makes the white scar tissues of the old wound running down from her left eye stand out all the moreMech: NoOccupation: Secret Service Special Operative (MI16)Weapons/Equipment: A small kit of intricate tools for fixing things, breaking things, picking locks...Oh, and a small concealed pistol. Because it never hurts to be properly armedSkills: An expert mechanic. Has learned some martial arts, mostly of a defensive bent, from her husbandWeakness: Mostly for support, she's not so good if thrown into the thick of a crisisPersonality: A quiet and reassuring presence, the yin to Hubert's yangBio: Hyacinth was from the slums of Morocco, a descendant of slaves with a decent soul who did her best to improve the lives of those around her by rigging up crude devices and tinkering with existing stuff. Her knowledge of the local environment and this keen intellect for machinery is what brought her to Hubert's attention while on a little assassination trip. The two immediately hit it off, and Hubert insisted that she come back to England with him and become his wife and companion. It was he who was responsible for getting her inducted into the Military Intelligence department for Scientific Intelligence where her natural inclination for technology could be honed into formidable skill

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#14 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,806 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:02 PM

Both approved.

Posted Image

#15 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:03 PM

Well, Adders, I don't see anything much wrong with either of them, so approved.

But try to keep the James Bond-esque jokes to a minimum if you can. :lol:

#16 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,657 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:08 PM

But try to keep the James Bond-esque jokes to a minimum if you can. :lol:

I'll try, but no promises :P

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#17 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:08 PM

C'mon, Adders, set a good example for everybody. xP

#18 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:39 PM

Well, other people have posted their profiles, so here are mine:

Spoiler

I'll have two more later.

Edited by Canis Lupus, Mar 19 2013 - 03:40 PM.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#19 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,806 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:46 PM

The first two are fine, but depending on what you mean by "stealth" for the last one, I may or may not be able to approve it.

Posted Image

#20 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:48 PM

The first two are fine, but depending on what you mean by "stealth" for the last one, I may or may not be able to approve it.

The sound the mech makes is decreased. He also blends in, but that is because of the camouflage painting.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#21 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:48 PM

I am resigning from my post as GM.

#22 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,806 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:52 PM

The sound the mech makes is decreased. He also blends in, but that is because of the camouflage painting.

The camouflage is nothing more than paint, correct? If so, then that is fine.

Posted Image

#23 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 07:39 PM

The camouflage is nothing more than paint, correct? If so, then that is fine.

It is just paint. He changes it for most missions, however. Ie: forest mission has greens and browns, desert tans and browns.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#24 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 08:00 PM

I am resigning from my post as GM.

and then there was two

#25 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 635 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:06 PM

edit: okay, confusion cleared. profile here

Spoiler

Edited by Strackkorotus, Mar 19 2013 - 10:05 PM.

76561198084895102.png

Add me on steam, I don't bite.

probably.

also, if you can see this text, you get a brownie C:

#26 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,657 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:11 PM

If you have a mech, yes :P

No need for the mech profile if you don't have a mech

#27 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:13 PM

question: there's a mech profile and a character profile. I post both, correct?

what Adders said.

and remember, there must always be a character to go to a mech.

assuming you want to use the mech, anyways.

also, adders

Richard is open for interaction or stuff

and

I'm pored

post pls

#28 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 635 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:33 PM

so i'm approved and can start RPing?

76561198084895102.png

probably.

#29 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:37 PM

uh..not quite

I'm a bit leery of that tech wrench, without a more detailed description.

Just a single line of "If he touches something with it, it's either gonna get fixed or hacked into" is not enough for me.

#30 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:43 PM

My goodness, I'm totally imagining a quasi-robosteampunk world. Will be sending in a profile for approval soon. :) Should i post it up here, or PM it to one of the remaining staffers?

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#31 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:45 PM

My goodness, I'm totally imagining a quasi-robosteampunk world. Will be sending in a profile for approval soon. :) Should i post it up here, or PM it to one of the remaining staffers?

Either will work, though I will be inclined to disregard your profile until you make Basilisk get in here.

I mean, um...

Yeah. You can do whichever you want. : D

#32 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 635 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:47 PM

okay, I detailed up the wrench.

76561198084895102.png

probably.

#33 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:50 PM

...Okay, now I want a bit more description on the hacking.

Because hacking isn't all just hopping in and inputting commands, y'know. There are security measures to bypass, and other such things one must do.

#34 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 635 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:58 PM

I just changed it to Electro Bombs since hacking into a machine with passwords is nearly impossible without adding onto the wrenches functionality. :P

76561198084895102.png

probably.

#35 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 09:59 PM

Change it to EMP Grenades for the most correctness and consider it approved. xP

#36 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 635 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 10:05 PM

edit: i'm open for interaction

Edited by Strackkorotus, Mar 19 2013 - 10:06 PM.

76561198084895102.png

probably.

#37 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,474 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 10:06 PM

Not by a long shot. xP

#38 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,266 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2013 - 12:46 AM

IC-Richard:

"Technically, it's not the Chinese I'm having trouble with," Richard replied, mustering what good humour he could. "It's the Qing. Manchurians. The general Chinese...if they throw a rebellion, then I'll probably have a bit of trouble with them too." He stopped walking, doing a quick, military-styled about face, his heavy brow only adding to the glare he fixed upon Mr. Smythe.

"Though I wouldn't mind some information gathered on their Mecha." Richard grinned, after a moment.

"Just now, you get to convince me as to why I should let you go to China. If you don't do a satisfactory job, I'll probably assign you with another job. How would you like to be back in Germany?"
The racism is strong within you, Grochi. It's like only the Han are actually Chinese. The Zhuang, Hui, Miao and other ethnic groups are totally not Chinese. It's not like the Manchu ancestors established the Jin Dynasty or anything. It's not like they've been an established part of Chinese history since the beginning.

/sarcasm.

#39 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2013 - 01:16 AM

He's actually being surprisingly politically savvy. As you know, the Qing dynasty was resented as a group of invaders. Western ideals only added fuel to the fire. Now, imagine a foreign power inflaming historical inter-ethnic resentment. Limitless I say! Limitless! I see great potential for a secret Han society. >: ) I really wish this was set in the 40s. Any word on Hong Kong's status?

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, Mar 20 2013 - 01:17 AM.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#40 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,266 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2013 - 01:30 AM

That was probably the case around the beginning and in the later years where the entire dynasty started collapsing, but the Kangxi Emperor is considered to be one of the greatest emperors ever (of course, I'm biased to the Hongwu Emperor, but that comes from sharing the same surname), and besides, seeing that in this universe, the Qing has been in power for about 390 years.Resentment wouldn't be as major as it may have been in our universe, where the Opium Wars and the like weakened Manchurian rule considerably.Besides, we probably have some Han chilling around in influential positions.It's not like ninety percent of the Chinese population is Han or anything.Hong Kong?It's ... ruled by the Chinese in name only. The British businessmen have a lot of influence in the day-by-day affairs of the island.China reclaimed Macau from the Portugese though.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users