Yesterday Quest 4

wolf66849

So will Greg Farshtey be continuing his serials on BIONICLEStory.com? I have been checking back but it still hasn't been updating. I think that it will update soon since he has been releasing so much information.

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

People say he's 'on hiatus' or whatever, but he isn't. He's done writing Bionicle stories. He's not being payed and he doesn't have time. That isn't to say he doesn't enjoy Bionicle anymore; he still works with Lego and I'm sure he wishes he had an opportunity to wrap things up.

Sadly you're right, hower I still believe we can see the final final of the story soon.

I'm back!

People say he's 'on hiatus' or whatever, but he isn't. He's done writing Bionicle stories. He's not being payed and he doesn't have time. That isn't to say he doesn't enjoy Bionicle anymore; he still works with Lego and I'm sure he wishes he had an opportunity to wrap things up.

Sadly you're right, hower I still believe we can see the final final of the story soon.
We can only wish. We don't truly know if he's coming back or not, most of the evidence is that he won't be, but he might. It seems very unlikely, but it is possible.

I think that it will update soon since he has been releasing so much information.

To be honest, I see it kind of as the opposite - if Greg expected to be able to continue writing the story any time reasonably soon, I imagine he wouldn't publicly provide the plot points that were set to be revealed in the future.Anything's possible, of course, but realistically speaking I think it's safe to say the serials are over. It's a disappointment, but the way life works, I can't blame the guy.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly wish they'd left the story at the end of the Battle of Bara Magna. Have the big, final battle (because let's face it - no climax can ever top this), leave things open for Spherus Magna's future, and then leave it. Perfect place to, and it leaves it open for fans to take off with their own stories and whatnot. Yesterday Quest was good, but it wasn't necessary (like Wrath of the Titans). Now, there's a hole being left by something which didn't even need to be there anyway (sorry if I'm not making sense).

So for me, I'm just ignoring Yesterday Quest as a continuation of BIONICLE. I see it as more of an add-on. For me, the saga's already ended. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy another few chapters, but it doesn't really matter to me either way.

What I would like to see is something to tie up who the Great Beings are. I know that's what the Legend Reborn trilogy was going to do, but since the next two movies were cancelled what we're left with are a higher race who've been heavily alluded to and then just dropped.

Note: Please don't think of any of this as an attack on Greg. I have a lot of respect for the guy, especially for continuing to bring us more material when he had no obligation to.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly wish they'd left the story at the end of the Battle of Bara Magna. Have the big, final battle (because let's face it - no climax can ever top this), leave things open for Spherus Magna's future, and then leave it. Perfect place to, and it leaves it open for fans to take off with their own stories and whatnot. Yesterday Quest was good, but it wasn't necessary (like Wrath of the Titans). Now, there's a hole being left by something which didn't even need to be there anyway (sorry if I'm not making sense).

So for me, I'm just ignoring Yesterday Quest as a continuation of BIONICLE. I see it as more of an add-on. For me, the saga's already ended. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy another few chapters, but it doesn't really matter to me either way.

What I would like to see is something to tie up who the Great Beings are. I know that's what the Legend Reborn trilogy was going to do, but since the next two movies were cancelled what we're left with are a higher race who've been heavily alluded to and then just dropped.

Note: Please don't think of any of this as an attack on Greg. I have a lot of respect for the guy, especially for continuing to bring us more material when he had no obligation to.

For the most part, I agree. I feel like it's a good thing to have a post-Journey's End serial, but I wish it wrapped up the old cliffhangers (like what's going on with the Dark Hunters and Barraki) instead of making new ones.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Out of interest, does anyone know if Greg is still taking care of his daughter, or is it his ex-wife, or are they just taking turns, or what? Not to encourage him to neglect his parental responsibilities, but with more time on his hands maybe he can pick up on the serials again.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, does anyone know if Greg is still taking care of his daughter, or is it his ex-wife, or are they just taking turns, or what? Not to encourage him to neglect his parental responsibilities, but with more time on his hands maybe he can pick up on the serials again.

Is it really any of our business?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351