• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Yesterday Quest 4

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline wolf66849

wolf66849
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 37 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 11:17 AM

So will Greg Farshtey be continuing his serials on BIONICLEStory.com? I have been checking back but it still hasn't been updating. I think that it will update soon since he has been releasing so much information.

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

#2 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,348 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 12:53 PM

He'll update when he has more time. He's fairly busy writing for Lego and taking care of his daughter at the moment, I think.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#3 Offline Sheogorath

Sheogorath
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 621 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 01:59 PM

i'm pretty sure they were cancelled shortly after bionicle was.

madness is the golden road to happiness

#4 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,330 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 02:48 PM

People say he's 'on hiatus' or whatever, but he isn't. He's done writing Bionicle stories. He's not being payed and he doesn't have time.

That isn't to say he doesn't enjoy Bionicle anymore; he still works with Lego and I'm sure he wishes he had an opportunity to wrap things up.

Posted Image

TheSkeletonMan939's Soundtrack Emporium!

And thanks to Black Six for all those proto boosts he gave me over the years.

#5 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,348 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2013 - 08:58 PM

i'm pretty sure they were cancelled shortly after bionicle was.

Not cancelled, but he has little time to work on them anymore.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#6 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 743 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2013 - 05:24 PM

So will Greg Farshtey be continuing his serials on BIONICLEStory.com? I have been checking back but it still hasn't been updating. I think that it will update soon since he has been releasing so much information.

It was going on for about a year after BIONICLE ended.

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

#7 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,252 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 06:11 AM

People say he's 'on hiatus' or whatever, but he isn't. He's done writing Bionicle stories. He's not being payed and he doesn't have time. That isn't to say he doesn't enjoy Bionicle anymore; he still works with Lego and I'm sure he wishes he had an opportunity to wrap things up.

Sadly you're right, hower I still believe we can see the final final of the story soon.

Monster Contest Entries:

The Seige of Ga-Koro Minecraft Modification

(Download Available)

Massive

#8 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,813 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 09:10 PM

People say he's 'on hiatus' or whatever, but he isn't. He's done writing Bionicle stories. He's not being payed and he doesn't have time. That isn't to say he doesn't enjoy Bionicle anymore; he still works with Lego and I'm sure he wishes he had an opportunity to wrap things up.

Sadly you're right, hower I still believe we can see the final final of the story soon.
We can only wish. We don't truly know if he's coming back or not, most of the evidence is that he won't be, but he might. It seems very unlikely, but it is possible.

#9 Offline Kaanfight

Kaanfight
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 59 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 10:33 PM

Maybe sometime in the near or distant future, but not at the moment

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                 In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.c...showtopic=10089

#10 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,492 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2013 - 05:45 PM

He would if he could, but he can't. Current LEGO franchises and his daughter come first.

wearewaiting.gif
Credit goes to JrMasterModelBuilder for the banner.

The Bring Back Bionicle Club is back! PM me or leave a message in my blog if you want in.

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#11 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Book Badger

• 879 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 24 2013 - 01:22 AM

I think that it will update soon since he has been releasing so much information.

To be honest, I see it kind of as the opposite - if Greg expected to be able to continue writing the story any time reasonably soon, I imagine he wouldn't publicly provide the plot points that were set to be revealed in the future.Anything's possible, of course, but realistically speaking I think it's safe to say the serials are over. It's a disappointment, but the way life works, I can't blame the guy.

#12 Online Jam Pot

Jam Pot
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 301 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2013 - 05:08 AM

I honestly wish they'd left the story at the end of the Battle of Bara Magna. Have the big, final battle (because let's face it - no climax can ever top this), leave things open for Spherus Magna's future, and then leave it. Perfect place to, and it leaves it open for fans to take off with their own stories and whatnot. Yesterday Quest was good, but it wasn't necessary (like Wrath of the Titans). Now, there's a hole being left by something which didn't even need to be there anyway (sorry if I'm not making sense).

So for me, I'm just ignoring Yesterday Quest as a continuation of BIONICLE. I see it as more of an add-on. For me, the saga's already ended. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy another few chapters, but it doesn't really matter to me either way.

What I would like to see is something to tie up who the Great Beings are. I know that's what the Legend Reborn trilogy was going to do, but since the next two movies were cancelled what we're left with are a higher race who've been heavily alluded to and then just dropped.

Note: Please don't think of any of this as an attack on Greg. I have a lot of respect for the guy, especially for continuing to bring us more material when he had no obligation to.

Blog|YouTube|Flickr
bim_banner_copy.jpg

"Knowledge and wisdom are not the same thing."

#13 Offline takua123

takua123
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 338 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 01:58 PM

He's got too much on his plate right now, with other LEGO brands and his daughter.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#14 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,360 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2013 - 05:36 PM

I honestly wish they'd left the story at the end of the Battle of Bara Magna. Have the big, final battle (because let's face it - no climax can ever top this), leave things open for Spherus Magna's future, and then leave it. Perfect place to, and it leaves it open for fans to take off with their own stories and whatnot. Yesterday Quest was good, but it wasn't necessary (like Wrath of the Titans). Now, there's a hole being left by something which didn't even need to be there anyway (sorry if I'm not making sense).

So for me, I'm just ignoring Yesterday Quest as a continuation of BIONICLE. I see it as more of an add-on. For me, the saga's already ended. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy another few chapters, but it doesn't really matter to me either way.

What I would like to see is something to tie up who the Great Beings are. I know that's what the Legend Reborn trilogy was going to do, but since the next two movies were cancelled what we're left with are a higher race who've been heavily alluded to and then just dropped.

Note: Please don't think of any of this as an attack on Greg. I have a lot of respect for the guy, especially for continuing to bring us more material when he had no obligation to.

For the most part, I agree. I feel like it's a good thing to have a post-Journey's End serial, but I wish it wrapped up the old cliffhangers (like what's going on with the Dark Hunters and Barraki) instead of making new ones.

99% of BZPower members have abandoned this fad.

If you're part of the 1% willing to cling to it out irrational nostalgia for the old days of BZP, copy and paste this to your signature!

unseen_light_banner.jpg

Click here to meet Chomper, my 2002-style Rahi MOC!

#15 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2013 - 06:15 PM

Out of interest, does anyone know if Greg is still taking care of his daughter, or is it his ex-wife, or are they just taking turns, or what? Not to encourage him to neglect his parental responsibilities, but with more time on his hands maybe he can pick up on the serials again.

#16 Offline ToaKaprua1324

ToaKaprua1324
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 636 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2013 - 05:04 PM

Out of interest, does anyone know if Greg is still taking care of his daughter, or is it his ex-wife, or are they just taking turns, or what? Not to encourage him to neglect his parental responsibilities, but with more time on his hands maybe he can pick up on the serials again.

Is it really any of our business?

Me playing MNOG: Aw poor Taipu. First he has to do double work then he's kidnapped. And poor Maku. She gets quarantined for saving her village.

Me playing MNOG II: CURSE YOU TAIPU! DIE DIE DIE! GRR, STOP SCORING! MACKU, YOU CAN'T BLOCK ANYTHING! YOU'RE FIRED!

The Legend of the Bionicle...Toys. My comedy. Give it a read. It's only $9.99(free if you give a USEFUL comment) and it has free ice cream. End shameless advertising.
(Ice cream does not apply if you live in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, or Antartica)

Link

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users