IC: Benjamin Grimpen/Veemon [Mecha City]

Ben leaned against the wall, looking for somewhere to hide. He saw a small shop with a four Digimon and two Digidestined inside. Slowly, he walked closer, being followed by Valarian. He looked at them, and saw three of the Digimon were Vaccine or Data, but one was Virus. The Virus one was Rookie, and all of the rest were too. From what he could tell, the one partnered with the Virus one seemed to be a Resistance. The other Digidestined looked like she was Virus almost.

Valarian pulled on Ben's shirt. Ben turned around, and saw a shadow coming around the corner. Veemon said, "Let's go!' Ben scrambled to the windows of the shop and started knocking on them, so the people inside would see him.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Oh, the awkwardness of not being Premier... X3

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: "So you have amnesia, is what you're saying," Sasha responded. "Interesting. And you have no idea what caused it?" She noted an uncomfortable shift from 108 as she asked this, glancing with a raised eyebrow at Draco. Sasha tapped her feet against the side of the counter, thinking. "Hm. That's a predicament... I've heard stories about other Digidestined that have been affected in a similar way, almost all of them now acting as servants of the Empire. Perhaps there is a connection?"

At the sound of knocking at the windows, Draco and Sasha whipped around, surprised to see another human with a Veemon. Cautiously, Sasha slid back onto the ground, cautiously approaching the window and unlatching it, allowing them to enter. Draco hurried to stand by her, glaring at the new arrivals.

"How long have you been out there?" the girl demanded. "Talk."

"You better do it quickly," Draco advised, smirking. "Wouldn't want to have to assume that you're an enemy or anything, y'know?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC:

"Well, well.""Someone's been busy." A voice commented from behind Dallas, a darkly clothed individual stepping out of the shadows of the tomb. But he was not the one who had spoken, no, that was the Digimon on his shoulder.

"I take it you made the Minotarumon digivolve."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Hecate)

Hecate, having been knocked against the wall during the battle, rose to her feet. "Apologies destined....I was unable to aid you. This day has been...tiring." That was an understatement to say the very least, being forced to battle her own family, watching the only hope for her land bicker with itself like a spoiled clusterling and then being attacked and slammed against a wall after all of that had a way of taking it out of a person very very quickly. "It shan't happen again."

IC (Alucia)

Alucia leaned against a nearby tree, resting the shade cast by the thick canopy of leaves that covered the top of the tree. She was still self-aware enough to know that dwelling on her sudden mortality wasn't going to do her any good. At all. Dwelling on such things when one had no power to change it solved nothing. "Alexander. You wished to speak further? It would appear we have the time."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Though my eyes could see

I still was a blind man.

Though my mind could think

I still was a madman.

"Hmm?" Alexander blinked, glancing back to Alucia, his mental rant at his iPod put on hold. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Alucia)

"The conversation we had earlier. It would appear we have time to continue it....if you so wish." Alucia would normally have pulled out a book on occasions such as this, but these weren't normal times. Her books had burned along with her castle.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Without a moment's hesitation, he hit pause and pulled the right earbud from his ear, sliding the wires for both sides into his pockets. "Sure. Which portion do you want to continue? The bit about me faking my own death, or the bit about you contemplating yours?"

"Or none of the above?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

Alucia laughed one could hear a very bitter undertone to it. "I have no idea I'm afraid. There is nothing I can do to change it, so there is little use in dwelling on it....and yet I cannot help but do so. For most of my life I have never even entertained the notion of death. To be so suddenly presented with a sure end is most discomforting. I do not wish to die to mere idea of....not being is utterly alien. I'm not programmed for it. We're data. We don't die we just....reformat."

IC:

"But isn't that death?""If you'll pardon me for indulging in the philosophical for a moment," The teenager slipped his hands into his pockets, looking off into the distance thoughtfully. "But from what I've heard, when you come back, you aren't quite the same. Basic personality and all that are there, but you aren't quite you anymore. Your memories aren't quite the same, and all in all, you're different."

"And you seek to avoid it, just like those that do die seek to avoid death. So is there really all that much of a difference?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Perhaps. Perhaps. One is simply a new start the other is.....the void. Perhaps it is a minor difference in the scheme of things, indeed, it seems like it. That minor difference however....is the difference between life and death to me. One does not want to go back to their childhood, to the time before their experiences had shaped them into the being they are today....but it is preferable to....nothing." Alucia was clearly struggling with the concept.

IC:"Is it?""Because either way, you lose who you are. And in a way, I think I might prefer a definite end, rather than a constant return, but dying each time just the same."

A slight smirk crossed his face. "But either way, what it boils down to is don't die. As long as you don't fall through unnatural means, you'll survive. Old age still can't touch you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Adelheid: Soldier #108 aimed his gun directly at Valarian's head. The soldier disengaged the safety and let one finger hover around the trigger. 108 glared at the human beside and prepared himself for any possible conflict. Even if they did try to run, he still had that hidden bomb planted right outside the entrance.

"Who knows? I could have been some failed attempt by the Empire to control a new tamer, or I could have just hit my head somewhere and forgotten everything. Oh, it looks like there's another Digidestined. I wonder what drove him into travelling into a dangerous location like this." Adelheid said as he walked over to the window to see the new arrivals. The young man smiled and waved cheerfully at the two.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC (Alucia)

Alucia nodded. "That is true....you do not even have that luxury. Though...." Alucia paused for a moment, thinking something over. "I do not know how quickly time passes here in comparison to your world. I had heard there are differences during my investigation into the destined."

IC:"It wouldn't surprise me. This whole place is based off of the flow of data, which flows many times faster than anything else in the real world. It could very well be that anything here happens many times faster than my world."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"But you are not data. So...." The wheels started to turn in Alucia's head. "....Your lifespan might go up be a factor of ten or more here. If time goes faster because of the data but you aren't made up of data. There is no reason it should effect you in any biological sense..."

IC:

"You could very well be right.""But even if you are, the biggest question remains; would it be worth it? So much time spent here, but when I go home, everyone I have ever known could be dead. Would I even know what the time was in the real world? Would I return, even for a day, to see my old home, only to find that I have been believed dead for twenty years?"

Alexander shrugged slightly. "I'm used to knowing that I'll eventually die. The trick is figuring out how to make the most of the time I have."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"To me this is the real world. I am sorry but I cannot imagine accepting such a fate. Knowing that you are going to fade, to crumble away....everything in me urges me to fight back, to lash out. Every instinct I have is telling me to deny this, to rage against it. I....do not know how you can function."

IC:"That's why most people can function."

"Most people keep fighting, keep moving, keep dragging themselves through life day after day because the alternative is far, far worse. I haven't accepted death. It's not something one can accept, it's something that most humans live every day trying to avoid. And a lot of them never accept it, even when they're on death's doorstep."

"That's why the people that can face their ends with dignity are so remembered."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

Alucia shook her head. "You are a very strange species.....are you typical of your kind?" She was very curious about that, considering how many of the other humans in the destined had acted.

IC:"If I were being arrogant, I would say that I'm unique.""But the actual answer isn't all that different. Humans on the whole are a notoriously inconsistent race, with varying physiological and psychological reactions to just about everything. But to be more specific, I am above average intelligence for my age bracket, and somewhat above average physical health."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Tell me, do all humans attempt to comfort a being that not so long ago threatened their lives?" There was a slight hint of amazement in her voice. She was a pragmatic being, used to thinking in terms of what could be done, not what should be done. There were two possible answers to her question, if Alex answered in the manner she expected. The first option, he was lying and far more cunning then she had first though or his attempt to comfort her genuine. She wasn't certain which one of those options was more unnerving.

IC:

"Not even close. A lot of us are cruel, and even more are just plain apathetic to anything that doesn't concern them. But a lot of us are kind, or at least something close to it. Me, I try not to hold grudges. Besides. You didn't directly threaten me."

Alexander shrugged slightly, crossing his arms. "Not to mention, that's a pretty serious revelation you're trying to deal with. I'd have to be beyond cruel to have a chance to help, and not take it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ben said, "I've been in Mecha City for a couple of minutes. I came because Valarian here wanted to fight. I came to this store to hide, and because I saw some people in it. I was standing out there for a couple of seconds before you let me in. Please don't hurt me." At the same time, Valarian was saying the same to Soldier #108.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Alucia)

"Thank you. Your concern is....appreciated. It has been some time since I've had someone to talk to. Most of my confidantes....didn't make it." Alucia sighed and slid down the tree trunk, taking a seated position when she hit the ground.

IC (Alucia)

"Years at the very least. After the first two, I ceased to count. I was chasing rumors for the most part. Hoping that I might stumble upon some secret, some weapon long forgotten. All in vain of course." Alucia shooked her head. "The corruption has sunk deep into this land. I suspect it reached anything that might have aided me long before I did."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Look on the bright side. You've got five teenagers with attitude to save the day." His tone dripped with both humor and sarcasm, though the slight grin that accompanied his words cemented the fact that both were meant in good humor.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: At the sound of someone behind him, Dallas paused, turning. No, it had not been his imagination: A DemiDevimon and his human partner had emerged from the shadows, addressing him. While he knew that he knew them, Dallas could not quite put a name to the pair, only vaguely remembering their initial introduction.

And then it came back to him.

"Zero and Skull!" he said in surprise. "Good to see you again! It feels like it's been forever." He smiled, bowing slightly. "As a matter of fact, I was the mastermind behind that. I had a theory to test, you see. Needless to say it worked wonderfully. What brings you two here?"

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: Sasha scanned Ben's face for a moment, not blinking as her eyes jumped across his features, before turning and walking away, Draco in tow. "Well, welcome to the club," she said to the new arrival. "I really don't know what to make of this--who would have thought that two other Digidestined would come to the same city in such a short amount of time?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Adelheid: He looked over to Sasha and then back to Ben. "Wait, so if your partner wanted to fight then why hide out in this store with us? Did you get overrun by some large horde of Digimon or something? Oh, what happened to that pair of Digimon that we left outside?" Adelheid asked as he absentmindedly twirled a strand of hair around one finger.

The Commandramon continued to watch the Veemon's movements carefully. He was trained to kill, and wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger if it meant saving his "Captain". He jumped back, still aiming his digital rifle at Valarian until Adelheid made a small gesture. #108 lowered his rifle and engaged the safety before retreating to Adelheid's side.

IC: Bryce Cliff

Bryce opened his eyes to see a canopy of trees above him. "Where am I?" he muttered, sitting up groggily.

"Oh, so you're awake," a voice said.

"What the --?" Bryce turned towards the voice and saw a small red creature. It stood on all fours and had short fur that was mostly red, with a few blue markings, short claws, and long ears that stood straight up, giving it an almost rabbit-like appearance. But it also had several tails that fanned out behind it like a peacock. "What are you?!" Bryce cried, backing up against a tree. "Where's Marie?"

The creature cocked its head, looking up at Bryce curiously. "I don't know what a Marie is, but as for your first question, I'm a Digimon. You can call me Elecmon."

"I'm Bryce. Marie's my little sister. She was taken by some sort of ghost thing. It was white, and looked almost like a sheet of cloth, but it had eyes and teeth. You wouldn't have happened to see them go by, did you?" Bryce asked.

"Can't say that I have," Elecmon shrugged. "But by the description, it sounds like your sister was captured by a Bakemon. They're a Virus-type ghost Digimon."

"And you don't have any clue where it might have headed?" Bryce asked. He couldn't believe he was talking to some sort of rabbit-peacock thing, but given that his sister had just been kidnapped by a ghost virus, it wasn't that surprising.

"Sorry, not a clue," Elecmon shook his head. "But I'd be happy to help you look for your sister."

"You would?" Bryce said. Elecmon certainly seemed friendlier than the Bakemon. "Alright then," he agreed, kneeling down so that he was at eye-level with the Digimon. "Let's shake on it."

"It's a deal," Elecmon smiled, extending his paw.

The moment they shook hands (or paws in Elecmon's case) a dazzling light appeared between them. In the center of the light, Bryce saw a small red device, no bigger than the palm of his hand. Reaching out with his other hand, he grabbed it. As soon as he did, the device stopped glowing. It was red in color, with blue markings and buttons, similar to Elecmon's color scheme.

"What in the world is this?" Bryce asked. He pressed a random button, and two dots appeared on the screen, one in the center, and one in the upper-left corner. "Maybe this thing is showing me where Marie is."

"I've never seen a real Digivice before, so your guess is as good as mine," Elecmon shrugged.

Bryce stood up and slowly spun in a circle. As he did, the outer dot on the screen orbited around the center dot. "Just as I thought; it's like a GPS or radar. Ten bucks says it'll lead us to Marie."

"I don't see any bucks, but it's bound to lead to something good," Elecmon agreed. "Let's follow it."

The two trudged through the forest, which wasn't that dense. As Bryce pushed aside some underbrush, he thought back to the portal he had leapt through. "Is this like some sort of alternate dimension?" he asked.

"You're in the Digital World," Elecmon answered. "It's a normally a lovely place, but with the corruption spreading, it's becoming more and more dangerous. That Bakemon that took your sister was probably corrupted."

"Corrupted? Is that what you meant when you said that it's a virus-type?"

"No, no," Elecmon shook his head as he leaped over a large tree root. "Virus-type Digimon tend to be more violent, but they would never have any reason to kidnap a human. But the corruption, on the other hand, makes Digimon more... feral. Some would say it makes them evil, but I disagree. The corruption takes over their bodies, but I believe the Digimon's true self is buried deep inside somewhere."

Bryce frowned. There was no way he could believe that Bakemon was anything but evil. They traveled in silence for a few more minutes before they reached the edge of the forest. Beyond stretched a large open plain, and out in the distance stood what looked like a large industrial city. Bryce looked down at the device in his hand. "It looks like this thing is leading us to that city," he said.

"That's Mechan City," Elecmon shuddered. "Lots of corrupted Digimon live there. We'd better be careful."

"Sounds like the perfect place to find that Bakemon... and Marie," Bryce said. "And when we find them, I'm gonna teach that ghost a lesson!"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Zac"Don't worry about it Miss Hecate," Zac said, "But right now we gotta hoof it incase more come. So, Hecate, mind leading us through the tombs? I think we can help with your problem,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Valarian said, "Overwhelmed? Oh, you have no idea. I knew this place was corrupted, but I never expected that they would have so many powerful forces. We ran for our lives." Ben nodded, and said, "We saw you here, and came in. Safety in numbers, after all.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Alucia)

"Yes. Truly it is a burden you have lifted from my shoulders." Alucia shook her head and sighed. "My world is dying and some of your number looked at it as if it were a great adventure. Tell me, has your world ever faced such perilous times?"

IC:

Alexander paused for a moment, and it almost seemed as if the question amused him. "Sort of. We've never had an occurrence exactly like this. War is constant, and there have been countless iterations of them throughout the centuries. Twice, we have had conflicts that earned the title of a "world war". Both times were catastrophic for all involved."

"This is, in a way, reminiscent of what I always thought it would look like if the other side won. Nature itself turned against those on the losing side, a long, drawn out end to a war already lost."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ratchet and Clank As Adelheid asked that question about the Digimon, Clank and Ratchet had appeared in front of the Digidestined, "Man you guys are light on your feet!" Clank said,IC: Zac"Mrs Hecate? Mind showing us more of tomb so we can find the problem?" Zac asked

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:"I heard of the newest Destined, and their arrival." Skull replied, gesturing with a wing toward the passage behind him. "Those, as I am sure you are aware, were some of them.""I came to investigate their abilities. Would you, perchance, have anything to say on the subject?"

IC:

"In hindsight," Alexander said after a pause. "Comparing this situation to a war already lost is neither the brightest idea, or one exactly kind to your plight.""I apologize."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: "Not a lot, to be honest," Dallas answered. "I only talked to one or two of them. From what I gathered, though, they aren't that impressive--too juvenile and driven by emotion to be of much importance, really. I mean, sure, they managed to take out the Minotarumon, but I'm fairly certain that had something to do with it having been forced to Digivolve not long beforehand."

"The Champion sure helped, though," FanBeemon pointed out. Dallas shrugged.

"Yeah," he agreed. "But there was only one. I'd be more concerned if even one other had achieved that level, but that doesn't seem to have happened." He smiled slightly, shaking his head apathetically. Looking back at Skull, he grabbed and flipped open his laptop, sliding to stand next to Zero and the DemiDevimon. "If you'd like, I can Digivolve you and you can test their strength directly~! Who knows what you might turn into? Perhaps a Devimon, or maybe even an IceDevimon... Oh, wouldn't that be simply fantastic?"

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: "Safety in numbers, eh?" Draco repeated. "Sounds fun up until your enemies use those bigger numbers to track you easier."

"Drake, shut up," Sasha said, prompting barely-contained giggles from the dragon. She sighed, crossing her arms. "Unfortunately, I have to agree. Unless the lot of you want to get caught in the crossfire, I'd suggest you head out and leave Draco and I to our training. You're only slowing us down otherwise, and I'm not going to be responsible for protecting you."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Adelheid: "Agreed. Grouping up will just end up attracting more attention to us and significantly increase the odds of getting ambushed." #108 said as he looked over to Sasha. He was slightly unnerved by her apparent obsession with power and already detested the young dragon.

"W-Well, I guess that makes sense. #108 and I have been able to survive on our own for a few months now?" Adelheid said hesitantly as he played with his hair. There was a slight tone of sadness present in his voice. The young man glanced through the window for any sign of the corrupted Digimon that roamed Mechan City.

IC: Clank and Ratchet"We have to stick together!" Ratchet said,"Do you even know the power you guys even have?" Clank askedIC: ShadowBmonDo NOt UnDEresTimaTE tHe chiLdREn.... a voice said inside the minds of Zero and Dallas, GiVE thEm TiME, anD tHey WilL oVeRpoWEr yOu. ThE sTrONGest tWo have spLiT fRoM thE mAIn GroUp sO yOu staNd a ChAnce....

Valarian spoke up. "I agree with the Terriermon and the MetalKabuterimon. We need to stick together. In groups we have more power. Much more." Ben replied, "Well, if we stick together, we will draw more attention and could be spotted. More forces would attack us.

"But if you two," pointing to Ratchet and Clank, "Want to come with me and Valarian, I'm fine with that. I don't think anyone else wants to stick together."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?