IC:

Alexander rolled his eyes at the jubilant behavior, face expressionless. If these other destined knew anything of tactics, they would know that Alucia spoke the truth. That was not meant as a means to their defeat, it was a test. A test that they had, ironically, failed. Their power had been showcased for anyone to see, and their secrecy long gone. The next wave would not be so simple, now that their foe knew their capabilities.

"Alucia is right. We need to get moving."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Zac and Co."Well, he did say he was a messenger..." Zac said, "Your right, think you know a good place to hide in the forest?" Zac asked Alucia,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC (Alucia)

"How do you feel about tombs? Before the corruption some were built to respect those who had....passed....and were reborn. They will not look for the living amongst the monument to the passed." Alucia looked about the forest, her ears straining to pick up any nearby sounds. "Do answer quickly. The less we linger, the better."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Zac and Co."We don't really have much of a choice," Zac said, "Take us to them,""Zac should we trust her?" Abi asked,"She helped us out, I take that as a helping had any day," Zac said

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

"More of a reason to trust her than any of you."

"Dino's bluntness aside, I agree. The tombs seem to be the best option, for the moment."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Zac and Co."You guys make a great couple, snarky and thinking your better than thou," Zac said,"Zac just shut up before you all say something stupid," Bo said,

IC:

"Too late."

"And what have I said, exactly? Aside from point out that you can't own a Digimon, a fact that the lot of you seem unable to grasp? Or even realize the difference, really. Overall, I've been pretty quiet. If you'd prefer, I can voice my opinion on matters. I can even make it sarcastic, if you like.""Oh wait. I'm already making it sarcastic."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Might I suggest that you quit picking at each other like small children? Thousands have been corrupted. More are being corrupted at every moment. A great task lays before you. Infighting helps no one." Even Alucia thought she was laying it on a bit thick now, but sometimes that was exactly what was needed. "I shall lead you to the tombs. I do hope you have blankets. They will be quite cold. Follow me." Alucia stepped further into the shadows, moving just slow enough for the Digidestined to follow.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Zac and Co.You only just met your partner, Zac thought in his mind,"I can handle a little cold," Zac said, following the Myotismon named Alucia in the direction of the tons, Dronomon behind him,"Y'all better understand that Bo and Zac were the first in this group to my knowledge to meet their partners," Cacomon said to Guilmon and Alexander, but before he could continue, he was picked up by Bo, who covered his mouth, "Geez...""Lets go Salamon," Abi said, placing Salamon on the ground,"Alright Abigail," Salamon said, following her partner

IC:

"That means what exactly? Aside from indicating that despite having the longest period of time to do so, they've accomplished nothing?"

Alexander rolled his eyes, and kept walking. Clearly, this group was going to be even harder to deal with than he thought. It was almost like whoever picked them did their best to pick the most easy to manipulate, easiest to fool, and most naive people possible.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Leone: The young man remained silent as he leaned up against a tree. He glared at the Liollmon who was just now licking its claws clean. The Liollmon walked by his boots and stared at the boy. There were no words exchanged between the two and they merely turned to look at the rest of the group.

"That wasn't even a fight. That thing was sent here to gauge our strength and die once it was over." The boy said as he pulled out the dark red Digivice nestled away in the pocket of his pants. He sighed and followed the rest of the group.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC (Alucia)

As the shadows embraced the group, Alucia's voice rang from all around them. "Incidentally, I hope you like spiders. Clusters of uncorrupted Dokugumon may hide within the tombs. As I said, only those who are at home with the darkness remain for long in this world. Ironic no? The darkness itself protects them during dark days...."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac and Co."Come on, its not like the spiders here are big," Zac said with a laugh,"Zac you are probably going to make yourself look more stupid than you already are," Bo said,

IC - Leone: "Ganging up on something isn't going to make us any stronger. At least these feral monsters will actually put up a fight." the young man said as he continued walking with the group. He took a quick look around him any seemed disappointed with the other humans.

The Liollmon kept in pace with the boy. He had a grim expression on his face and occasionally looked up to the pendant that the boy wore. It looked up to the goggled boy and spoke with a cold tone.

"Everything here is larger than what you humans would be used to. Enjoy getting torn to shreds by your carelessness."

IC:

"I think I like these ones."

Alexander raised an eyebrow at Guilmon, but glanced at the newcomer. He was certainly more sensible than the others he had met thus far, and that alone was a reason to be pleased by his arrival. He'd started to fear that he was the only sane representative of his race. As he walked, he held out a hand to the newcomer.

"Alexander Trask."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Leone: The young man hesitantly shook Alexander's hand. He looked him straight in the eye as he did so. He had noted Guilmon's ferocity in the "fight" and noted Alexander's distrust of the others.

"Leone Solari. I don't plan on dying here. The cub at my feet is Rey."

IC:

"I should hope not. This would be a rather horrible place to die." The teenager observed, glancing at Rey as he was introduced. After a moment, he glanced toward Guilmon. "And this is-"

"Guilmon."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"We are close. Keep your voices low. It would not do to alert any scouts the corruption may have about." Alucia paused for a moment and when she spoke again, she sounded amused. "Glad to see you made a friend Alexander. I was starting to worry." If the destined were to look about, they would see the trees here stood taller then many in the forest, they would note the ground was growing rougher, more rocky. Perhaps they would even note the crumbling obelisk off to the side.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac and Co.Zac saw the ruins, he was both intrigued and a bit nervous, "This looks pretty interesting,""It's kind of creepy..." Abi said,"Like Zac said we have no choice," Bo said,

IC: JohnJohn followed the others with Agumon at his side."Well, the battle may had been a test but it did allow a few of our Digimon to evolve to the next level." He shrugged. John was fairly optimistic."If it gets too cold I can make a fire." Agumon offered as they neared the ruins."You came out of nowhere Leone, I wonder how many more destined are out there."

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC (Alucia)

"Halt." Before the destined stood a cave, two crumbling obelisks jutted into the air before it, the carvings upon them barely visable in the shadow of the trees, only a few isolated rays of sunlight cut their way through the brush to shine upon them. "There will not likely be any form of natural light within the cave. I suggest we improvise. Cutting some branches off the trees and crafting some torches should do."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac and Dronomon"Hold on," Dronomon said. He whacked his head with his own fist, and in an instant, his eyes lighted up, "Nice!" Zac said, patting his friend on the back, "Our own working flashlight!"

IC - Leone: The young man stepped towards a tree. He unsheathed the knife from his boots and gripped it in his mouth. It only took a few moments for Leone to scramble up the tree and cut off two arm-sized branches. He was reluctant to trust anyone else but felt that Alexander was competent enough to work with.

"I've got the branches. Guilmon can turn them into torches." Leone handed Alex a branch and held his own out in front of the red Digimon. Rey circled around the area and watched for any more threats.

IC:"Except that flashlight is reliant on a single person. Never a good idea."

He held the branch out to Guilmon, who lit them after a disgruntled pause. Clearly he was not found of his new role as a glorified lighter.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac and Dronomon"Not when the flash light is mobile," Zac said, and Dronomon obviously is, he can light up the path in front of us," Zac said"Yeah, she said to use our abilties, I'm doing mine," Dronomon said,

IC (Alucia)

Alucia nodded. "Excellent work. Shall we?" She motioned to the yawning cave before them. "Hopefully we'll find a pool of fresh water. The less we depend on the outside for resources, the longer we'll have to plan." This was going quite well. The Digidestined had accepted her into their group, listened to her advice....yes, this was going very well indeed. Alucia stepped into the cave, her footsteps echoing through the soundless expanse that stretched before them. "If you see a side passage, do inform me."

Alucia considered the question for a moment. "It varies. Seven is normally the maximum amount....and, if you are truly the destined, I suspect they will grow even larger."

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Leone: He looked at Dronomon and then at the lit torch in his hands. Hesitantly, Leone handed the makeshift torch to John. He almost expected him to light himself on fire.

"That thing can act as a decoy. Those creatures in the ruins will probably rush out towards light sources and attack." Leone looked over to the group. He then looked over to Alexander.

"We should split up into small groups and explore the ruins."

IC: Zac and Co."Alright, me and Dronomon go with Abi, Salamon, John and Agumon," Zac said,

IC (Alucia)

"I suppose I shall stay here and ensure nothing follows you. I suggest you mark the walls as you go. Getting lost underground is....not advisable. The main chambers are likely deeper within the cave. I would suggest returning in...oh, an hour or so." Alucia smiled, in the flickering torchlight it was a somewhat unsettling sight. "I wish you luck destined."

IC: Zac and DronomonDronomon simply giggled at Veemon's attempt to copy the cyborg, "So, now about those other pairings..." Zac said

IC: John

The dark haired teen nodded as he accepted the torch into his grasp. He held it away from his body in case any spiders did attempt to attack the source of light.

John glanced at Zac and Abi and shrugged. He was fine going with them though they did seem a bit immature. Alexander seemed like an *** and John wasn’t sure on Leone. He’d barely said a word to John and the way he looked at him unnerved him.

“So the best shelter we have is potentially full of virus spider Digimon… great.” He muttered.

“Are you sure spitting up is a good idea? There is strength in numbers.” Agumon said; though he would go with the flow.

IC - Leone: "Alexander, we should start moving. I suppose we have no choice but to take him with us." Leone stated with slight contempt dripping out of his voice as he motioned to Veemon and Rex. He kept his knife out and waited for Alexander to lead the way. He turned to Rex and Veemon.

"Just stay out of the way and don't die." He glared at Rex and then turned towards their path.