IC: Zac More and more Dokugumon may crawling towards Zac, John and Abi, as well as some KoDokugumon. They were all angry, and all ready to attack."Never mind... My fire ring idea won't work anyway," Zac said, backing up. Abigail and Salamon backed up as well, backing up until they bumped into Zac, their backs against each other. That was, until Zac's Digivice beeped like crazy. He pulled it up to his vision, but didnt see any new dots, just the screen flashing a bright light,"What the heck?" Zac askedIC: Bo"Caco Punch!" Cacomon yelled as he punched a Dokugumon and knocked him away to the far end of the hall.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

"No idea." Alexander replied, with uncharacteristic cheerfulness. "Let's find out."

Bringing his Digivice up, he pulled the card down, sending it sliding through the card reader. It slide through easily, with an acknowledging beep. A moment later, the screen flared a dark green, illuminating the passageway.

Digi-Modify: Digivolution Activate

Guilmon took a step back, slowly giving way before the oncoming horde. Despite his best efforts, his attacks weren't even slowing the Champion-levels down. But abruptly, he stopped short, an anticipatory gleam popping into his eyes.

"Guilmon. Digivolve to," The hall suddenly filled with light, even as Guilmon's voice grew deeper, more feral, mid-speech.

"Growlmon."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Hecate)

This was interesting. The Digidestined? In her humble little tomb....helping her? When he risen from her bedding this morning, she had expected to her reports from her patrols, not have her children driven mad....and certainly meeting the fabled Digidestined had not factored into her schedule. She had a fighting chance now, it was time to begin the battle in earnest. For a moment, her form was covered in pure data, binary numbers running up and down it, then her shape twisted and grew. She grew spiderlike legs, her skin turned black, claws grew from her hands....and then, what was very clearly a Digimon stood atop the stairs.

A feral, animalistic voice echoed across the room. "Spider Thread." Sprouting from the walls, seemingly at random, razor-sharp pieces of slik cut into the swarm.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: ZacA burst of light eminated from the Digivice, lighting the halls for but a moment, revealing the geodes of Dokugumon and KoDokugumon. But this wasn't the end, a trail of data and digital coding went flying towards Dronomon at great speed, coiling around the robot, covering his arms, legs, his whole being until all you could see was a silhouette of the robotic digimon. "Dronomon!" Zac exclaimed, fearing this was something that was not suppose to happen. But he kept watching, see Dronomon morph and change, growing taller, his arms and legs becoming more developed, if not more bulky. He stopped growing until he reache the height of the Caucasian goggle head, with the coding bursting into light, temporarly blinding everyone nearby. When the light faded, a humanoid robot stood where the small Dronomon was, with what seemed to be the handle of a cutlass on his hip, a rocket launcher on his back, and a pair of silver, twin magnums attached to his legs. The new digimon picked up the magnums and spun them in a circle before taking aim at the opposite sides of the halls,"I'm not Dronomon," the robot spoke, his voice sounding similar to Zac's, if not a little deeper, "I am, Sentrymon,"And with stating his name, he fired the magnums yelling, "Magnum Loader!" and pierced a whole into the two Dokugumon he aimed at, and caused them to turn into data and fly off,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC (Renamon)

"It would not be wise. I hear the sounds of battle within. Faint. But it is there. It would not be useful to the mission." Renamon's tail swayed for a few moments as she pondered the situation. "However, if it becomes clear that the battle is growing large, those who survive it may be worth allying with."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC - Leone: The young man covered his eyes as an even more brilliant light than the ones in the clearing illuminated the entire hallway.

He pulled out his own Digivice and looked over to Alexander as the light began to fade away. Rey leaped backwards and watched carefully as Guilmon began to digivolve.

"So it seems you received a different Digivice from the rest of us. One that requires cards to digivolve. In any case, Growlmon can probably take on the rest of the swarm." Leone remarked as he looked down at his own digivice. He figured that he'd better save Rey's digivolution for a more dire situation than this.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC:

"Fair enough." Alana replied, settling on her heels. The sounds of battle were growing louder, as if the fighting had escalated. Not all that much of a surprise, considering the destined involved. She stayed perfectly motionless, and were it not for Renamon's enhanced senses, it would have been difficult to tell she was there at all.

Her eyes roamed the newly arrived shadows, looking for potential threats.

IC:A savage growl filled the air, just before the air was rent apart by a massive blast of heat. Where once Guilmon had stood, a towering dragon-like creature stood in his place, almost tall enough to brush the ceiling when he walked. Some of the Dokugamon retained enough intelligence to jump to the side, but others were incinerated, turned to nothing but data. Almost contemptuously, he slammed his claws down, crushing one that got too close.

"Stupid bugs."

Alexander, for his part, watched in surprise. That was the very last thing he had expected, the first thing being absolutely nothing. He'd thought the card would turn out to be an old Gamestop gift card, or something similar, but that wasn't it at all.

"Um. I guess so."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Zac and SentrymonSentrymon released a barrage of bullets, shooting down any bug in sight, causing temporary flashes of light. Some had the common sense to flee, others were either too stupid or too arragont and quickly met their doom. When the hall was cleared, the sentry returned his guns and turned to his partner,"That... Was awesome!" Zac exclaimed, his voice managing to echo throughout the halls. He gave his partner a high five, seeing how it was easy now, "Way to go Sentrymon!""Thanks Zac!" Sentrymon said,"Lets get going," Zac said,

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: Dallas had sighed, preparing to lament the lack of experimental interest present in Bo, when several Dokugumon arrived on the scene, prompting Bo to grab Dallas and pull him to the side. Surprised, the boy stumbled, righting himself as the others engaged the spider-like Digimon in battle. Irritably brushing the dust off of his clothes, he ran a hand through his hair before stepping back, watching the battle unfolding before him.

"Well, this works out well," he said quietly to FanBeemon.

"I guess," F.B. replied. "Shouldn't we help? You are the reason these Dokugumon are freaking out, after all..."

"Yeah, yeah," Dallas said dismissively, sighing. He eyed a pair of the Champion-Level Digimon that were approaching from the shadows. "We can stick around for a bit, I suppose. Take care of them, will you? Be sure to aim for the eyes."

"Right." FanBeemon's wings buzzed aggressively as he floated in front of his partner, hovering between Dallas and the two Dokugumon.

"Poison Thread!" the spider pair growled in unison, rearing up and spraying a sickly green web at F.B. The Insectoid Digimon flew to the side, at the same time that Dallas sidestepped the attacks, the human looking on with a curious expression.

"Gear Stinger!" F.B. spun, launching a group of five, serrated blades from his stinger, some embedding themselves in the Dokugumon's backs, others in their faces. He quickly repeated the attack, sending daggers into their eyes and causing them to cry out with pain.

Dokugumon seem to possess some form of damage receptors, Dallas noted mentally. Indications that they register said damage as pain imply some sort of organic influence in their design... Not surprising. As data constructs, however, the likelihood that they actually feel what is happening to them seems rather low. Behavior certainly seems more... extreme... than anticipated, though...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Bo"What did you do then?" No asked, getting a bit more stern when he ears FanBeemon's comment,"DESERT PUMMEL!" Cacomon yelled as he rapidly punched a Dokugumon's face, and them proceeded to continue with the others, showing no remorse.

IC (Hecate)

Many of her children, those still retaining a spark of sanity, were fleeing. Those who stood before the beast died. In a burst of data, Hecate shifted back into her human form, reasoning that the destined would be slightly less likely to attack her if she didn't look like something out of their worst nightmares. Moving slowly down the stairs, Hecate sighted a small group of spider Digimon attempting to mount a charge. They were going to try to flank the Growlmon. She couldn't have that. "Witch's Rebuke." Black lightning flew across the room once more, slamming into the infortunate spiders.

IC (Renamon)

Renamon regarded the human next to her, her partner on a mission of revenge. "You wish to speak?" Renamon was getting slightly better at reading human body langauge, but she could never be certain.

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: "Hm?" Dallas looked at Bo as F.B. finished off the two Dokugumon, his attacks proving effective enough to send them fleeing for their lives. "Oh, it was unintentional. I was simply modifying some code on my laptop when a few of these spiders started freaking out. I'm not entirely sure what happened, to be honest..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: JohnJohn was busy using his burning torch to smash it into the face of an angry Dokugumon. The creature cried out in agony and kept itself back from John as he continued to assualt it.Suddenly another Dokugumon came from behind John. It wrapped its hand around John and tore him into the air. "You die now human!" It spat out.Agumon was busy attacking his Dokugmon he used his claws to slash at its legs before he jumped up and climbed onto its back using his claws."Pepper Breath!" He roared as he unleashed a ball of flame to the back of its head. The flames killing the Dokugumon as it dissolved to code."Agumon! Someone!" John Shouted as he assaulted the creatures arm with his torch.Agumon turned to John. "John!" He cried out. Sudden John's Digivice began to light up and shake. A bright light covered Agumon as code swirled around him."Agumon Digivolve too..." His body began to change then. His skin flashed orange and blue stripes slashed across his skin. His muscles expanded and his claws lengthened as he began to grow in size. A brown bone skull began to grab over the top of his face as two horns protruded from either side of his face and one from the tip of his nose. His eyes flashed from green to crimson a his maw burst with hundreds of sharp white fangs."Greymon!" He roared. Greymon threw himself on te Dokugumon attacking John as his claws began to tear into it.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: Zac "Alright John!" Zac cheered for his friend,IC: Bo"I don't think its a good idea to fiddle with a computer in a world made of data," Bo said

IC:

One unlucky spider evaded the electric demise of his comrades, and lacking the rest's mental acumen, decided that it could best the beast that had felled so many of its brethren. It lunged forward, only to be met by a similar lunge in return.

There was a sound reminiscent of a scream, as chitin cracked and splintered, and the arachnid turned to data between Growlmon's jaws. Alexander raised an eyebrow, even as his partner's large head swung about, looking for any remaining enemies. Much to his disappointment, there were none to be found.

"Well that was unexpected. Now, where'd the person on the stairs go..."

IC:

"Hmm? Oh." Alana blinked, caught slightly off guard by the question. A conversation between her and her partner was rare enough, but being asked if she wanted to talk was an astonishing occurrence. And one she didn't quite know how to respond to.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Hecate)

Hecate descended the stairs slowly, her hands held at her sides. "That assistance was timely destined. You have my thanks." Hecate bowed her head. "If you had arrived earlier, you might have found more friends within these walls." Hecate paused for a few moments, looking at the results of the battle. "Impressive. Most impressive. Most would have been consumed by a swarm of that size. I can only hope that whatever drove them mad leaves upon rebirth. I suppose I should introduce myself then? I am Hecate. An honor to meet you destined."

IC (Renamon)

"You have aided me. I am not ungrateful. If you wish to speak, then do so." Renamon was indifferent to the prospect of conversation, but having observed the other destined, she had determined that, as humans went, her partner was thoughtful and careful. She had chosen wisely it seemed.

IC - Leone: The young boy was almost expecting Hecate to put up a fight. He merely bowed to the half-spider Digimon. Rey licked his claws clean and looked around with his typical grim expression. The Digimon wasn't quite sure what to make of the card that digivolved Guilmon.

"I'll leave the talking to you, Alexander." Leone whispered into his ear as he sheathed the knife in his boot.

OOC: Dallas seems to be acting like a more morally-ambiguous Digimon Emperor right now. How long would it take for all of those KoDokugomon eggs to show up at Dawning Village anyways?

IC: John"Agumon?" John said as Greymon opened his maw. "Nova Blast!" He roared as he unleashed a huge powerful blast of flame. The Dokugumon screamed as it was burned before it turned to code. John fell through the air until Greymon caught him gently in his claws.Greymon chuckled from the fight. This is what he loved to do."I got you John," he growled. "And it's Greymon now.""Greymon?""This is my champion form."

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC:

"You smell wrong."

"Guilmon, you really need to learn a few manners." Alexander commented, with a slight glare at the massive Digimon. He glanced back to Hecate sheepishly. "Honestly, we found you on accident. We were taking cover in these tombs and were checking their safety. Guilmon, being a bit of a blood knight, rushed in.""I'm Alexander Trask, by the way."

IC:

"Well, I'm not sure what we'd actually talk about. We don't exactly talk often."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Hecate)

"Nonetheless. If you had arrived a mere day earlier, you would have found the shelter you sought. Alas, something befall my children. A madness. Perhaps related to the corruption that has taken hold of the world above." Hecate went silent for a moment, remembering the events that had taken place earlier that day. "I thank you for saving my life. I have no desire to be reborn. I would have lost something of myself. I only wish I could have saved my children. It was not to be I suppose. Regardless, I am most grateful for the rescue."

IC (Renamon)

"From what I have observed, humans are very social creatures. Even those who distance themselves from the rest of the species. Speak of what you wish and I shall listen."

IC:"Well, you're welcome."

"I don't really care, I was just eager for a fight."

IC:

"That's not quite how a conversation works." Alana commented drily, glancing toward the tomb entrance once more. "Besides. You seem to prefer silence."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Hecate)

Hecate inclined her head, her eyes sweeping over the humans and their Digimon partners. "I may be able to repay you for your kindness. However unintentional it might have been. The corruption threatens us all....and with my children gone, there is little reason for me to remain here." Hecate clasped her hands together for a moment. "I offer you an alliance. I would not last long on the surface without help and you may find my abilities useful destined. I have no love for the corruption that drove us underground....I ask you for a chance at exacting justice upon it."

IC (Renamon)

Renamon shrugged. "As you wish. It is your choice." Evidently she needed to learn a bit more about human body language. She must have misread something along the line. Not that it mattered, so long as Alana aided her, she was satisfied.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac "Way to go guys!" Zac said, "Two down on our team that can digivolve!"

IC - Leone: Leone leaned against a wall with a smirk on his face. He looked over to Alexander and nodded in silent agreement to the possibility of an alliance with her.

"We've probably just accomplished more than the other two groups have." Leone said as he looked at Hecate. She looked strong enough, especially since she had been fighting for some time now against a swarm of Champion-level Digimon.

IC:"I don't have any objections." Alexander said with a shrug. "But some of my party may be less... Accepting. Hard to say, they're notoriously unpredictable."

IC:

"....""You haven't actually met many humans, have you?"

IC:

"The Digidestined have arrived, my lord."

The calm voice echoed through the quiet room, spoken by a figure in black. The figure was down on one knee, addressing a stand in the darkest corner of the room. "Where?""They have arrived near the Ubi Forest. Their signals entered the tombs, and vanished. I do not believe that they can penetrate the ground. One signal remains, however, outside of the tombs."

"And their strength?"

"Our leader has sent a minion to gage their strength. Reportedly, they are mostly at rookie level. Champion should be expected to follow quite soon."

"Good." The voice replied, satisfied. A dark humor filled the unseen speaker's voice, as he turned around. "Prepare yourself, Zero. It is time to go on the hunt."

With a flutter of wings, a DemiDevimon landed on the dark figured human's shoulder. He stood, and moved to the door, stepping outside. "Shall I approach them, master?""From a distance, yes."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: I approved that character just so everyone knows.

Bow before my power. Yadda yadda egotrip.

IC (Renamon)

"You are the first. The fools in the cave are the second. My experience is limited. From what I observed of them, the first group of humans I have encountered, they talked with eachother despite a clear group divide. In my pack, they would have simply avoided one another. Or split off entirely. I had assumed..." Renamon trailed off.

IC (Hecate)

"I am certain I can hold them off until you can explain the situation." Hecate tipped her hat a bit, causing a shadow to fall over her face. "I shall hide my...less human...features however. I thank you destined, for this chance at justice. It will not be wasted."

IC (Renamon)

"That you were a social species. You have not talked much since you arrived. You have left your family behind. I..." Renamon paused, searching her mind for the right words. "...can understand the pain that being seperated from loved ones can bring."

IC (Hecate)

Hecate raised an eyebrow. That didn't bode well, that didn't bode well at all. "Why do I suddenly fear for the fate of my world?" She sighed, evidently those who stood before her were an exception to the rule. She could put that much together. "There is no point in dallying then. Lead the way destined. I shall follow."

IC:

"Humans, as a whole, are a social species. There are certain exceptions, people who prefer not to socialize. But in this case, it's more a matter of not having anything to say. I mean no offense, but you aren't exactly a sparkling conversationalist.""As for my family... I've been worse. At my age, people usually start to move out anyway."

IC:

"Because they're all fools." Alexander commented, as he turned and started to walk back down the corridor.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac"Lets go guys," Zac said as he walked back, "We should warn the others if they don't already know," Zac said, Abigail, Salamon and Sentrymon following him.

IC - Leone: The Digidestined looked over to Hecate. Having two powerful Digimon who were relatively competent assured the aggressive young man. He looked down to the dark red device in his hands. He randomly pressed one of the unmarked buttons and a a small display popped up on the screen. Curious, Leone waved the Digivice over Hecate.

"Hmm... It says you're an Arukenimon and also an ultimate-level. That would explain your strength."

IC (Renamon)

"Understood." Renamon fell silent then, straining her ears to listen in on what was happening within the cave. "I can hear only the sentry. The battle appears to have ceased. The victor is not known to me." Her hearing was good. Very very good, but hearing through a maze of twisting passages wasn't something any being could do with any degree of accuracy.

IC (Hecate)

"Indeed. I was the leader of the creatures you slew. Their...mother, in a sense." Hecate frowned slightly at that. It had been her duty to protect her charges and she had failed. The only thing she could do now was ensure those who were reborn did so in safer world. Then and only then would she rest. "Even power means little in this world. I could be swarmed. Or the corruption could take me. It is not something that can be fought off with hurled lightning bolts and creative profanity."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Alana nodded, looking back to the entrance. She was never quite sure if she'd offended her partner, but she had a feeling that, if she ever did, she'd know. Probably by the paw hurtling at her face.

"Think we should head in?"

IC:

"That makes two Ultimates in this group, if my suspicions are correct."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Renamon)

"It is your choice. There are those among the so-called destined who may be useful. The majority are useless fools." Renamon truly didn't care. Whilst putting up with the antics of the destined would be annoying, she could use those of lesser intelligence as a shield if the need arose. She would not allow something as petty as being reborn to get in the way of her revenge. She really would not. "I would suggest choosing quickly. They may leave the cave."

IC (Hecate)

"Indeed? Interesting. Not many remain. The corruption has taken many." Hecate reached into a pocket built into the side of her robe, withdrawing a small glass container. "The battle was tiring was it not? This may help."

IC - Leone: He looked rather almost suspicious of the object that Hecate offered them. Rey also seemed hesistant. The Liollmon didn't seem to recognize the glass container.

"What is that?" Leone asked as they continued walking down the corridor. They were almost at the junction where they had entered from.

IC:

Alana was quiet for several long minutes, staring at the opening to the tomb. She weighed the options silently, trying to decide which was the better path to take.

"Let's go take a look. We'll stick to the shadows. If they're fools, we'll leave. If there are some competent people amongst them, we'll make a determination then."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Renamon)

"As you wish. Who shall lead?" Renamon's muscle tensed as she prepared herself for the task ahead. If the sentry was at all competent, this would be quite difficult.

IC (Hecate)

"I know a thing or two about potions. This will provide a boost of energy for the next hours. It's crafted from some herbs native to the area. Only enough for one or two doses." Hecate paused for a moment. "It isn't posion. I will drink some myself if that is your worry."