IC:"Alucia," She said, addressing the Myotismon by name for the first time. "I have nothing but respect for you, and what you have had to go through. But I cannot work with this gro-"

"You can hide all you want, but without the power of the destined, what hope is there!"

For a long moment, all was silent. The voice from the shadows did not respond, as an eerie quiet settled over the tomb. To most of those present, it was immediately clear that a line had been crossed. But they did not yet know how far that line had been overstepped.

A dark colored blur shot out of the darkness, straight toward Zac. There was no time to respond, the move was too sudden. With all the speed of a trained martial artist, a fist shot towards Zac's jaw.

"I do not hide. I have been here longer than you know, do not seek to patronize me, boy."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Ten, eh? Well... It's a fair fight, then.

:P

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: Sasha rolled her eyes. "Spare me the pleasantries," she said. "I'm not fighting to save you. In fact, if you don't want to end up like these Tankmon, I suggest you fight. Otherwise, run."

Even as she spoke, Draco was making use of the confused state of the Tankmon. Charging forward, the dragon leaped into the air, spinning around with a shout of "Tail Smash!" before slamming said appendage into the side of the first Tankmon's head. A loud crack sounded, accompanied by the tell-tale shattering sound of a Digimon degenerating into a stream of data.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: ???"Don't have to tell me twice sweet heart!" Clank said as he lowered his head, aiming the cannon at the group of Tankmon,The Tankmon all began to fire at the Dracomon, seeing how he was the cause for causing them to fall, as well as letting the two fugitives get away."ELECTRON CANNON!" Clank yelled as he fired a positron laser from the cannon, piercing through two of the corrupt Tankmon that stood in a semi-line.IC: Zac and AbigailZac fell to the ground, hearing the sound of his body colliding with the stone and dirt covered ground, as well as the cracking sound of his jaw and teeth being punched. He felt the red blood on his skin, and heard Abigial scream as she went over to her brother,"Why did you do that?!" Abigail asked,At that moment, Zac was ready to fight back, but he couldn't for these reasons. One, he wasn't a fighter, two, he preferred not to hit women, three, he was better than that, and four, he knew that this was going too far, and he didnt want anymore chaos to ensue. He got up to his feet and just looked at her like that,"....fine then. I'm only trying to get all the Digidestined assembled. You are being stubborn by wanting to stay alone. I'm just trying to do, what I think is best," Zac said, wiping off the blood on his cheek. Dronomon looked at his partner, and then at girl whom had finally revealed herself, "But Zac-" Dronomon was about to ask, but Zac was quick to stop him,"No... She wants to do things her way. Fine," Zac said, and as he said that, Bo and Cacomon mad rig back, who had found Dallas. They saw the scene taking place and walked towards Zac's group,"What happened?" Bo asked,"Nothing. Lets just say we had a disagreement," Zac said

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:Alana stood, for the first time fully revealed. Her clothes were coated in a fine layer of dirt, and it was clear from the state of wear all of her gear was in, she'd been around a long time. She looked at her fist a a cold detachment, and then back at Zac. "You're not worth hitting a second time."

"I've been here longer than you, boy. I've been fighting this war since before you knew it existed. You ridicule the work of those that came before you."

She glanced at Alucia, and the group gathered near the back. "I apologize for any damage, however minor, that your comrade suffered. And I apologize for forcing you into a position such as this. You I do respect. Alucia, and you, lurking near the back, you've been here longer than any of us. And I am sorry for what you have had to suffer. And I am sorry that you have no better vessels on which to pin your hopes."

The teenager looked down at Zac, without anger in her eyes. Rather, they were empty. Almost as if she was far removed form the situation. "You have a lot to learn. You try to force your ways on others, and worse, you genuinely believe that what you are doing is just. But did you ever stop to think? Stop to think that maybe you aren't the protagonist of this story, that sometime, you might actually be wrong?"

"No, of course not. You're a Digidestined after all." Her voice took on a slightly sarcastic edge. "I have bad news for you. There is no destiny but what you make of it. And gathering off of the destined? Bad idea. You're just a bigger target."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Hecate, Alucia)

Alucia opened her mouth, closed it and seemed to settle on stunned silence as a reaction. This was bad. This was very bad. The destined were her last hope in many ways. They were the last hope the digital world had, they were her last hope to reclaim her title, her castle....and so much more and now they were fighting eachother. Alucia opened her mouth once more, hoping that she could patch this up. Then another voice rang out across the cave.

"Enough." The voice was firm, hard as stone and there was more then a trace of anger in it. "I have seen enough." Hecate stepped out of the shadows and into the light. "You are the destined. You are the last hope this world has and you fight each other like clusterlings fresh out of the egg! Do you children realize what is happening while you bicker? Let me enlighten you. Those creatures you slew? They were my family. My clusterlings."

"They were driven mad by the corruption. I had to fight my own children. Just to survive.They were not the first and they will not be the last. The same thing is happening all over this world. What is left of us are being hunted down and wiped out. The lucky ones are simply deleted! The others? Their very code, their very being is twisted against them! Mother fights son! Brother fights brother! And you can do nothing but bicker! If you act like clusterlings then I shall treat you as such."

Hecate rounded on both groups. "When my clusterlings would not cease bickering. I seperated them. The same theory should hold true here. You will get nothing done whilst you fight each other."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Zac and Bo.The words hit Zac like a bullet. He wasn't wanting to show his emotions, he simply clenched his fists, and tried to hold back his anger. "I agree with her," Cacomon said, agreeing with Hecate, "I lost my town because of y pride and both of y'all will loose more than your lives if you keep to your own methods! So either act like a team, or find a way back home!""I hate to say this guys but... Cacomon is right, we can't keep bickering like this," Bo said with a sigh. He was rather angry with both Zac and Alana. Both were teenagers, Zac was an older brother so he should have been acting like one, and Alana had more experienced, she shouldn't have punched Zac just because he annoyed her. Both of their actions to him were immature, when they called themselves mature and thought that both their actions were just.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

Alana looked at Hecate silently, eyes seeming, on the surface, blank. But in reality, a deep sadness filled them, a sadness barely held back by wariness. Not of Hecate, not of Alucia, not of any of the people present, but a wariness instilled by so much time spent with the entire world trying to kill her.

"I am sorry for your loss."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Hecate)

Hecate shook her head. "You humans...you think you can possibly understand this? Our cities have already fallen. Our empires lay in ruins. Our leaders are deleted or worse. This is not a war you have entered into. This is the end of days! You speak of your experience. Your own suffering." She looked at both groups and made a visable effort to calm herself. "Your experiences are nothing compared to the struggles of those that stand at your side. Their parents are likely dead. Their families are almost assuredly torn apart. They likely saw their villages burn. Perhaps a few of them saw their children die. This is not a new development. We have been living this nightmare for years. And when you, our fabled heros arrive.....you bicker."

Hecate sighed and her anger seemed to leave her. "Make your choice. Stand together or stand apart. Just stand." Then she stepped back into the shadows.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Zac and CoCacomon grimaced when Hecate mentioned cities falling. He remembered his greatest mistake, and was currently, trying to repress it. Zac was waiting a second to respond, he was trying to choose carefully. Continuing together was the best option in terms of getting things done, but they still had to mature. He was admitting that. "We should split for now..." Zac said,"What?" Bo, Abi and Dronomon asked,"Face it, we have already been butting heads. I imagine that we will be butting our heads even more when we are together. I'd rather we get a grasp on what's going on. I'm going to agree with her... The Arukenimon I mean," Zac said,

IC:

"I'm not going to pretend to understand." Alana commented, after a moment of silence. "Because you're right. I can't, not one of us can. And I hope never to have to find out. Which is why I intend to fight. But I'm not going to do it here."

She turned, and began walking towards the exit, pausing a moment. "Not that I expect that anyone will want to take me up on this, but anyone who wishes to is welcome to come with me."

"Come on, Renamon. I think it's time for us to be going."

IC:

Alex stood in silence, watching. While neither of the arguers was right, he tended towards agreeing with the new arrival more. Her opinions of Zac were more or less spot on with his own.

"Well. That was interesting. What do you think, Alucia?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"....I think I shall be going with her. I...." It was clear Alucia's mind was not in the present. She was somewhere else and from the look in her eyes, it was not a good place to be in. "I begin to think this whole endeavor....was mere delusion. Perhaps I never had a chance at reclaiming...." She trailed off and attempted to collect herself. It was a largely wasted effort. "I suggest...." She turned to Hecate. "That you stay with this group and guide them. I shall do the same for any who follow her. Do we agree?"

Hecate gave a barely perceptible nod. "I shall do this. These clusterlings need a firm hand. Make your choices."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac and Co"I'm staying with my brother," Abigail said, walking to her beother's side,"I'll be staying with Zac as well, someone has to help him calm down," Bo said, placing his hand on Zac's shoulder. "Well, John, I don't blame you if you want to go with the others," Zac said

IC - Sasha Coleman/Dracomon - Mechan City: Draco giggled madly as he danced around the gunfire, only stopping when the explosion from a particularly well-aimed Hyper Cannon struck the ground at his feet, sending him rolling away. Even then, however, he managed to recover, grinning maliciously.

"G Shurunen!" The dragon Digimon launched another beam of energy forth, striking the two Tankmon that Clank had injured.

"You planning on helping anytime soon?" Sasha asked the dog-like Digimon, crossing her arms and staring pointedly at him.

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: "Why, speak of the devil... F.B.? I think we have out test subject."

Dallas couldn't help but smile to himself as he observed the bear-like creature. It seemed entirely composed of rocks, with large, yellow eyes that stared with with some uncertainty about the area. Were it not for the torch it was carrying, the human might never have noticed it. As things stood, however... Well, this would be interesting. Quietly, he pulled out his laptop, sitting down with his back against the wall, peering around the corner at the creature. Without another word, he pulled out his Digivice, scanning it.

"Gotsumon, Gotsumon..." he hummed to himself. "Today is your lucky day..." Admittedly, Dallas had been contemplating ways to go about his 'experiment' with each step, and after careful consideration, he believed that he had figured out exactly what he needed to do to ensure that it worked.

It was quite simple, really.

>Locate: Gotsumon.dat

>Open: command_prompt.exe

>Input command: Dark.Digivolution-Chmp.exe

>Enter

The effect was almost immediate. The Gotsumon gasped as black code enveloped its body. It began to gasp and groan in pain as its body morphed, rock giving way to organic (Well...) tissue. It was not long before a very enraged, minotaur-like creature, covered in scars and stitches, with a cannon in place of its left arm, appeared where once had been a bear made of stone. The Minotarumon let loose a powerful, angered roar, eyes glowing red as a single thought dominated its mind:

Target Digidestined.

The Nightmare Soldier took off, charging into the darkness, back toward the entrance to the tombs.

Dallas smiled. Too simple, actually.

OOC: The above has been approved.

Good luck, Team Digidestined. Good luck. :P

(Also, no, I know absolutely nothing about actual computer code... XP)

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC:

"Well, folks, I'm probably going to go with them." Alexander piped up, gesturing toward the exit. "No offense to anybody here, but on average, they seem the better team to stick around with. But I'll probably see you at some point down the road."

He turned to Hecate, standing in the shadows, and held out a hand to shake. "Take care of yourself, alright? It was nice meeting you, Hecate. And hey, maybe if we're both still around, I'll see you around."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Leone: It was very obvious as to who the young man was going to follow. There was a slight look of regret or worry as Leone walked past the others and followed after Alana. He had remembered something and frowned slightly as he stepped out of the ruins.

"Not again..." Leone said under his breath as he bit his lip. Rey followed closely behind his partner and took one glance back at the other Digidestined left behind before exiting the ruins.

IC - Adelheid: "Captain does it feel like we've been traveling in circles?" 108 asked as the pair entered a city. The signs of corruption ravaged every building and the wind felt ominous. Glowing pairs of eyes lay in every alley.

"What makes you think that 108?" The boy asked as they passed by a ravaged scrapyard. He stopped for a few seconds, vaguely remembering the location where he first woke up. He smiled nostalgically and reminisced about how he woke up on top of some rusty machine parts.

"Just a soldier's intuition, Captain." The Commandramon readied his rifle as soon as he heard the sounds of battle not far from where they were. They ran over to the battlefield and saw a large amount of Tankmon assaulting what appeared to be a human and three other Digimon.

"It looks like they're outnumbered. Soldier #108, I suppose you should... what's that word again? Engage? I think that was the word. Either that or "Propose"." The boy said as he scratched his head. 108 nodded and motioned for his "Captain" to hide behind a nearby dumpster.

"M16 Assassin!" 108 snarled as he aimed his rifle carefully. Fire erupted out of the barrel and virtual bullets ripped through the air and struck the thick plating of two different Tankdramon. He reloaded and fired off a second burst before advancing towards the hoard.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC (Hecate)

Hecate take his hand. "Likewise destined. Likewise. I wish you luck on your path. May your days be long and your times bright.....once this is over with at least." The idea of a world without the corruption seemed almost alien to her at this point.

IC:"Hey, maybe once all of this is over, we can all sit down and have a cup of tea." Alexander commented with dry humor. "Well. Good luck."

IC:"It would appear that we've picked up a few traveling companions, Renamon."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: ???"I'd rather not..." Ratchet said, still on top of Clank,OOC:

ClankDigimon: MetalKabuterimonAppearance: A Nomral MetalKabuterimonType: DataPersonality:Clank is rather slow when it comes to thinking rationally, but he won't hesitate to pull the trigger on anyone. He is very trigger happy, as well as cocky, but ready to defend Ratchet.Forms unlocked: Rookie and ChampionMoves:-Bolo Thunder-Electron Cannon-Fresh: Popomon-In-training: Frimon-Rookie: KoKabuterimon-Champion: MetalKabuterimonRatchetDigimon: TerriermonAppearance: A normal TerriermonType: VaccinePersonality:Unlike Clank, Ratchet is more thoughtful, and a pacifist. He is the brains of the duo, being much more intelligent than his "trigger happy" friend.Froms Unlocked: Rookie,Moves:-Bunny Blast-Terrier Tornado Forms:-Fresh: Zerimon-In-Training: Gummymon-Rookie: Terriermon-Champion: Locked

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

IC (Renamon)

Renamon nodded. "They will be useful. From what I heard, they are the most competent within the group." The addition of an ultimate-level Digimon didn't hurt at all. Renamon was still somewhat wary of Alucia, the idea that she had managed to survive this long on her own, waiting for the destined, seemed somewhat far-fetched. Then again, she'd done it.

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: "Then find some other way to make yourself useful," Sasha snapped. "If you prefer wasting your potential to actually using it, then you might as well hand yourself over to these guys right now."

The girl shook her head. Ahead, Draco dodged another volley of bullets from his adversaries, continuing to giggle maniacally. With dizzying speed, he jumped and pushed off against a nearby building using his Tail Smash attack, using the Tankmons' own Hyper Cannon attacks to cause a small cascade of debris to fall on them. As she watched, Sasha became aware of more gunfire, noting that the Tankmon appeared to have noticed it as well, given that some were turning to launch attacks down another road.

Sasha had to commend whoever this new attacker was. Using the Tankmon's distraction to their advantage was a smart move--the same one that she had used a little while ago, in fact. By now, it seemed that the horde was beginning to try and retreat. At the very least, anyway, they seemed to be getting desperate.

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B./Minotarumon - Tombs: Dallas packed up his laptop, moving into the room that Gotsumon had previously occupied and picking up the Digimon's fallen torch. "Well, that was simple," he said, grinning at FanBeemon. "And now we know that a variation of a forced Digivolution is possible. I imagine the real thing won't be that difficult to decode, either."

"I guess," FanBeemon said. "Dallas, may I ask you something?"

"Sure," the Dark Digidestined answered. "I don't mind a good Q and A."

Heart beating, rapid paced, a drum that pounded against his ears harder and harder with each stone he passed. The bull-like Digimon snorted angrily, vision blurring as he ran down twisting halls, horns and hooves and claws slashing and tearing at the walls as Minotarumon ran without guidance, the bloodlust filling his mind and senses...

"Since I met you, you've seemed more interested in... science stuff, I guess, than in fighting the Corruption," FanBeemon said uncertainly. "I'm just wondering... why would you serve something like that?"

Dallas paused, rubbing his chin. Cocking his head slightly, he looked at his partner, smiling pleasantly. "Well, that's a funny question," he said. "I'm not sure I have an answer that will satisfy you, F.B. But if you insist..." He thought for a moment, shrugging. "Well, I'm not serving the 'corruption' at all. I'm serving myself and the rest of humanity, of course."

FanBeemon landed on a nearby rock, staring confusedly at Dallas. "Huh?"

Voices reverberating against the walls, echoes in the shadow that only served to drive the Nightmare Soldier mad, madder, madder, feeding into his rage. The Digimon growled, snorting as he turned another corner and saw a distant light. The ruckus of his approach fell unheeded on his own ears as he neared the voices, his rage intensifying until he was mad, madder, madder...

"Like I've said before, this is all a virtual construct," Dallas said simply. "The only way for me to effectively learn how processes work in this world is by doing what I do best: Experimentation. And more likely than not, that is going to involve acts that others would find... unethical. But with as much information as this place can offer, with as many advancements as we could possibly develop from our knowledge here, I believe the behavior is worth it. After all, it's not like I'm actually hurting anyone, right? The easiest way for me to get access to the materials I need is through the 'Virus Empire.'" Dallas smiled at FanBeemon. "So don't think of it as servitude in the name of evil. Think of it as science. It's simple."

FanBeemon was silent for a moment. "If you say so." With a sigh, he followed Dallas down another hallway, moving toward another of the side entrances to the tomb...

"Earthquake Drill!"

The voice was gruff, angry, dangerous. It erupted from the shadows like the boom of a cannon, the creature's mechanical arm whirring angrily as he slammed it into the ground, the shock waves proving powerful enough to shake the entire cavern, dust and gravel exploding upward in a cloud.

Minotarumon had arrived. And it was not a happy camper.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Adelheid: A third, undamaged Tankmon had joined its injured allies in attacking Solder #108. A flurry of bullets flew out from their arms as they yelled something incoherent. Dust flew all around 108 as a few bullets struck his armor. He grunted slightly in pain before firing one shot into the air and retreating into an alleyway.

His "Captain" ran out from his hiding place with a somewhat stupid grin on his face. The human threw a rock at one and diverted their attention. The Tankmon began to pursue him. He was just out of reach of their weaponry as evidenced by their attacks smashing into ground behind his heels as he ran.

Just as it seemed like the corrupted Digimon cornered him, the boy rolled into an alley as a storm of bullets tore apart the ground where he had been. They roared in fury and rolled into the dark alley. Soldier #108 walked into their line of sight with his human right behind him. There was a smug grin on the Commandramon's face as he pushed down on the detonator in his hands.

The DCD Bombs lined all around the entrance of the alley exploded simultaneously. Debris and shrapnel tore apart the two injured Tankmon and reduced them into data. The third was pinned under rubble and barely survived the blast by being in between his two fallen comrades. #108 slowly walked up to his pinned victim and aimed his rifle right at the Tankmon's forehead. All the Tankmon could do was growl and attempt to free it's arms to no avail.

"M16 Assassin." Soldier #108 said quietly as he pulled the trigger and a bullet exploded out of the barrel. The Tankmon shattered into data and faded away. "Captain" was leaned up against the wall, panting but still smiling.

OOC: NOW.IC: Zac and CoZac, Bo, Abi and thei partners turned to see the Minotaur like digimon, and readied to fight, "Bo, get Abigail out!" Zac said,"Zac!" Bo said,"NOW! John and I can handle this okay? I don't want you guys getting harmed! Especially Abi," Zac said,Bo nodded, and he led Abigail and her partner out of the tomb, Cacomon behind him,

IC:

Alana nodded, watching the people that had decided to go with them file out of the tombs. All of them were on the list of people she had deemed competent and workable, and judging from Renamon's reaction, she had the same opinion. Now trust, trust was a different matter. She trusted them about as far as she could throw them. But then again, that was probably due to her own opinions, rather than any real reason.

She didn't trust anyone. Even her relationship with Renamon was more a working partnership than anything else. A mutual respect, perhaps, but trust might be stretching the truth a bit far. As long as it was in their mutual best interest, she trusted the vulpine Digimon. But her mission of revenge was quite important to her, and if she ever decided that it was best served without her... Well. She'd cross that bridge if they ever came to it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac Zac pulled out his Digivice, feeling the shock waves and being sent to the floor, but managed to get back up slowly, his Digivice working again, and sending a bright burst of light again, consuming Dronomon into bar codes and light, starting the process of Digivolution again."Magnum Loader!" Sentrymon exclaimed, unleashing a flurry of lead and bullets at the monstrosity of a digimon.

IC: Benjamin Grimpen [Dawning Village]

"Come on! Let's go fight!" The voice of Ben's partner, Veemon, who he called Valarian, kept sounding insistently. Ben just shook his head and said, "I know that you want to fight after having unlocked your new Rookie form, but shouldn't we at least get to know what moves you have?" Valarian said, "Why? We should go fight now!" Ben sighed and led Valarian away.

Ben shouted, "Valarian use Vee Headbutt!" Valarian jumped at the Elecmon that Ben had found to fight Valarian, and hit it. The Elecmon responded with a Body Attack, and hit Valarian with an electrically charged tail. Valarian got back up, and said, "I'm going to use Vee Punch!"

The punches collided with the Elecmon, and through it back. The Elecmon got back up and used Super Thunder Strike, launching bolts of electricity at Valarian. Ben said, "Use Hopping Kick!" Valarian jumped around, and hit the Elecmon with his legs.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: You cannot jump from place to place like that, be a bit more realistic. Going by foot is not physically possible, and been if you have a means of transport it SHOULDN'T be just one post to get from point a to point b.

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

IC (Alucia)

Alucia, for her part, had gone silent. When the destined had arrived, she had seen it as the start of the next phase of her plan. The next step to reclaiming all that was rightfully hers. Now she wasn't so sure. She had failed to keep the group from breaking up meaning that both groups, their strength sundered, were now vulnerable targets and the corruption was just as powerful as ever. It was then she came to a discomforting realization. She was going to die. The chances of her making it through this alive were nearly nil. There was no other way this could end....

IC:

"Hey."A voice snapped Alucia out of her thoughts. The speaker was readily apparent, with Alexander following a few paces to her left, eyebrow raised out of a mixture of confusion and concern. "You don't look so good. And pardon me for making the vampire cliche, but you look pale."

IC:

"We're going to need to set up camp for the night, Renamon. How well do you know this area?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Hecate's speech reminded me of some very discomforting facts. I am....doomed, you could say. I am going to die. The corruption of my code will see to that. Even if I survive this...." Alucia laughed bitterly. "Death will catch me in the end. For someone who was once immortal that is a most depressing realization." Alucia shook her head sadly. "Don't concern yourself with me Alexander. I've been around for awhile. I can adjust." Sure. She could adjust to the massive existational crisis that was currently rocking her to the core of her being. Sure.

IC (Renamon)

Renamon paused for a few moments, her eyes taking in her surroundings. "Not well. However, I have seen forests like it before. We will want a dense, well-covered area. No fires. The spiders had the right idea. It would seem not even the tombs promise safety now however. In general, the more dangerous a place is to life the safer we will be from the corruption."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:"Not so sure you can." The teenager replied, quite aware that he was risking a shadow bolt to the face. "You said it yourself a little while ago. You pity those of us born only to die, because that's not an issue you've ever had to deal with. You have always spent life knowing that on the off chance that something did get you, you'd just reform."

"Now, you're facing death. Real death. And you don't know how to handle it."

IC:

"There's a certain irony in that. We'll have to keep our skills sharp. With our new group, we'll attract more attention."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. You, as a species, deal with this reality everyday and you age. I do not. This proves it is possible yes? I will adjust. It is not like I have a choice in the matter." Alucia laughed again, it was a bitter sound. "Reality is not so kind. It never is." Alucia's hand went to her sword. "Death is not an enemy I can fend off with a saber. Nor will tooth and claw see me through. My skills are so much dust before it and I know of no art that will repair what the corruption has done. Thus, I must adjust. Prolong my life by any means avaliable."

IC (Renamon)

"Agreed. I would suggest making for the Frostbyte Mountains. Even the Corruption has been stalled by the harsh enviroment they present. Humans will not do well there however." Renamon's ears perked up for a moment. "Interesting. Wings. Few dare brave the skies in these times. Anyone out in the open will soon join the corruption I think."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Everyone has a choice. Whether they make a good one is another matter. And to be perfectly honest, humans aren't so good at the whole "death" thing. Most of them, one way or another, find a way to believe that death isn't the end. But at a certain level, all of them fear death."

"It's not something one can adjust to, it's just something that one either chooses to accept, and live with... Or doesn't."

IC:

"That's assuming they haven't already."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"And how does one live with such a thing? Accepting it is like....accepting defeat. That is something I cannot do." Alucia sighed. "Living with death. Whoever coined that term had a love for the ironic."

IC (Renamon)

"Quite. How far do you wish to travel today? If you wish to rest, I will scout ahead and locate a suitable campsite." Renamon shifted from one foot to the other, clearly willing to take off at a run if need be.

IC:

Alexander shrugged. "I couldn't tell you how one is supposed to adjust. For humans, it's just an inescapable fact of life. We live, life sucks, and we die. I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with adjusting to the fact that someone who used to be all but immortal is now painfully mortal."

IC:

"I can keep going as long as we need to." Alana replied, glancing at the group over her shoulder. "The question is how long they can go."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Leone: The young man sat away from the rest of his group. He remained quiet and was uneasy about splitting the Digidestined. Rey walked over to his human partner.

"It won't end up like before." Rey said in attempt to reassure him. But even then, his grim tone betrayed his intentions and simply caused Leone to sigh. He scratched his arm nervously before looking over to the female Digidestined and her partner. He was suspicious of her, especially since she caused the schism.

"That almost seems impossible now. It's just hard to believe that this is all real." Leone said as he held his Digivice up to his face and inspected it. The young man stood up and dusted off his clothing before observing the other members of the group.

IC (Alucia)

Alucia frowned and when she spoke, her voice was tempered and even. "I have seen most of my world die, in one fashion or another. Dying myself....well, at the very least I will not be corrupted. That is one advantage. The only advantage. I...have no wish to die...but I do not think this is the time to discuss this." Alucia was clearly uneasy about this particular subject. "I think I need time to collect my thoughts..."

IC (Renamon)

"If they are not strong, then they shall become so. They will have to if they wish to keep up with us." Renamon peered through the canopy of the trees. "It is day. It would be best if we moved at night. We shall continue on for another hour. Then I shall find a campsite. Acceptable?"

IC:"Well, I'm not going to make you talk about it. That would be rude at the best of times, but now?" The teenager's voice took on an amused edge. "Especially considering the ease with which you could arrange an "accident". That was what you were thinking earlier, wasn't it?"

IC:"Agreed." After a slight pause, Alana glanced back, noting that Leone had been watching her. "We'll need to make sure they're all combat capable."

"Can I help you?" She asked, slightly louder, as Leone looked away.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Renamon)

"They survived the tombs did they not? From what I overheard the combat was quite pitched." Renamon paused and her ears perked up for a moment. "I would advise we head deeper into the forest for the moment. We can make our way to the mountains once the patrols have left the area. They will assume we escaped into another region."

IC (Alucia)

Alucia had the grace to look mildly uncomfortable. "I admit it had crossed my mind. It is fair to say you know more about me then any other being alive at the moment." Alucia smiled for a moment. "Of course, I rather suspect you had plans in place regarding any....accidents. You are no fool."

IC:"My plans basically amounted to hoping I could pull a Sherlock Holmes at Reichenbach falls maneuver. And you're lucky I like living, because otherwise the jokes I could make using this context would get me punted through a tree."

IC:

"And if we're really lucky, the other group will draw their attention. But yes, I concur with that suggestion."

fK5oqYf.jpg