RPG: The Proelium

Terminus

IC:Ryan Noc ~Proelium Gym~

"It's fine. Hopefully it's just my spleen, and not something important." Ryan said, ripping off his shirt and wrapping the wound. "Anyways, I can show you the way, once you've been here a month or two you learn the locations of all the hospitals."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC: LisaWhen Lisa was walking home, she noticed two people coming from the direction of the gym. One of them seemed fine, while the other seemed injured, as his shirt was wrapped around his abdomen and was covered in blood. This wasn't a normal occurrence in the gym, at least not as normal as broken bones, and those were much easier to fix outside of the arena than what seemed to have happened to this guy. She ran over to the two, and said "Hey, are you alright? Do you need any help?"

IC: Evan Debar"Well, I kinda skewered him in the abdomen." Evan explained, gesturing towards Ryan. "I'm Evan Debar, I believe his name is Ryan Noc. I don't know where the doctors are, but he seems to know the way."

Edited by JiMing: Metal Overlord

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Lisa"Well, that's happened to me once or twice, but that was years ago in the arena. Anyways, I'll help you get to the doctor, I've seen people lose consciousness from injuries like this, and you'd have a hard time getting him to the doctor in that state." Lisa paused for a second, and then spoke, as if she remembered something. "Oh, and I'm Lisa Carter. Nice to meet you."

IC

Toiletries and tools of war.

He shoveled them into his bag, an overnight pack he was preparing. His black clothes and figure cast a black shadow in an already blackened room. Gray waddled up on his right. He patted it, but did not give it food. It did not want food, it was curious. But he couldn't explain it to the animal. He probably wouldn't be able to explain it to a human. Was he mad? He was angry. But he didn't think he was mad. Of course, insane people didn't know they were insane, did they?

He stopped himself and looked at the window. He was beginning to sound like the protagonist of an Edgar Allen Poe story.

He zipped up his bag and threw it over his shoulder. He set out some meat for the wolf, since he would never return. Jacyk Cover, the man with a vendetta, would never return at least. He would return Jacyk Cover, the man who slayed his demons. And he would make this transformation with nothing but forty dollars, and some toiletries and tools of war.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

IC: Benjamin Grimpen

Grimpen scrambled across the battlefield, which was shaped like a giant lake with rapids. Scattered across the field were islands, which fighters could jump across. Clutched in one of Ben's hand was a small red flag, and in the other was a mace.

A red fighter jumped in front of Ben, and got a mace smashed into his face. Grimpen punched the fighter in the chest, and the fighter fell into the rapids. Grimpen looked around for his team, and saw that only three teammates of his were still active. Ben near the bank that had the red base was a red fighter holding a blue flag.

Grimpen jumped across the islands, and smashed his mace into the fighter. He started running, trying to get to the other side. He got to the other bank, and leapt inside his team's fort. He put the flag into the slot set aside for the flag, and lights flared. The match was over.

Grimpen stood in the locker room, and wiped the sweat of his forehead. He thought to himself, I need to try better. My team almost lost. If that had been a normal match and not a capture the flag match, my team would have lost.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Lisa"Yeah, you don't look too fine. Of course, 'fine' means a different thing for fighters than most people, but still..." Lisa then helped Ryan get back up straight. "Let's get you to a doctor, fast. I've been here long enough that I know a few shortcuts."

IC Evan Debar"Oh man, you don't look so good." he said to Ryan. "I'm feeling really terrible for stabbing you. Lisa, if you know the shortcuts, that's great. Let's get him to the doctors quickly."

IC:Ryan Noc ~Heading to a Hospital~

"Nah guys, I'm fine." Ryan said, leaning on Evan and Lisa as they headed towards the nearest medical station. "I mean, it's only a 17% chance you got my aorta. 17's a small number, right?"

IC: Lisa

"It is, but still, your wound needs to get patched up, anyways." Lisa then walked into the medical station and tapped on the counter. "Hey, we have a fighter here who got injured during training. Think we could get some help over here?"

IC: [skafora] [streets]

Skafora walked the streets of Proelium. over to his left, he saw a fighter who seemed injured. but he was in good care probably, as he was surrounded by other people, obviously helping him. he turned to his right, to start heading to the square. he needed 2 4-D15 batteries, and he figured one of the shop owners would have them.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

IC: Ryan Noc ~Proelium Hospital~

Ryan was taken further into the hospital, where he spent quite a bit of time having his side fixed. Of course, he was unconscious for most of it, and the parts that he wasn't unconscious for, he was doesn't really remember. Eventually he came back out to where Evan and Lisa were presumably still waiting for him.

IC: [skafora] [market square]

Skafora hassled with a shop keeper. he had the batteries of course, but he wanted a higher price than what Skafora was giving. "listen here, shop keeper. I don't have the money, but who do you want to see lose in the arena?" he said. he figured that if he could win in a fight with who this guy hated, he would be sold the batteries. but the shop keeper shook his head "I don't hate no-one. I watch 'em for the fun of it". Skafora growled, a deep, gutteral sound in his throat. stalking off, he wondered where he would get the money for the batteries. tournament, obviously. but I need them before it.

IC:Shady Guy in a Trenchcoat that carries a Briefcase ~The Proelium Market~

Skafora wondered through the streets, thinking about his money situation. It was a circular problem, 'Can't enter tournament until I get money. Can't get money until I enter tournament...' that would've puzzled him for days if he hadn't bumped into a Man wearing a black trench-coat, knocking the shady man's briefcase to the ground. The shady man quickly picked up most of his things, shoving his junk back into the briefcase before quickly walking away, leaving the financially challenged fighter's life about as swiftly as he entered it. However, at Skafora's feet was a PDA that the Shady Man had apparently forgotten to pick up.

OOC:Hey Strack, bit 'o main-plot interacting with you. :D

IC: Evan Debar

Evan smiled instantly the moment he saw Ryan come out. "You're okay! Oh man, I have been just freaking out while you were in there. But you're alright! Man how do those doctors do that? Anyways, I really didn't mean to stab you. We still okay with each other?" he asked, reaching his hand out for a handshake.

OOC: Bleh, I want some main plot interaction too...

OOC: Main plot interaction? so I'm not a main character? :( just kidding

IC: [skafora] [Market]

Skafora picked up the PDA that was at his feet. inside was a note. it read "Hello. I've been keeping an eye on you, and have been greatly impressed by your efforts. Just keep doing what you're doing and know that if you continue to impress me you'll keep receiving theses bonuses". Bonuses? he thought. he couldn't remember any particular advantages that he had received recently. also, he hadn't noticed anyone watching him...strange. now that he remembered...he thought there had been another person in the gym. he also thought he had seen someone staring at him out his window last night. veery strange. then he realized that there was a note in it. a code, it seemed. on the back, it said "take to the Proelium Bank". Shrugging, he pulled out a map, read it for a bit, and headed towards the bank.

Edited by Strack

IC: LoganLogan stepped out if his apartment, pulled out his map, and headed towards the arena. He had his hammer on his back, the head was almost half as big as he was, and the shaft was as as long as he was tall. Well, off to the arena for my match today...

IC:Ryan Noc ~The Proelium Hospital~

Ryan grinned, slightly surprised that the two had waited to see if he was okay. "Yeah, we're cool Evan." Ryan shook the fighter's hand so that Evan didn't doubt his words. "Anyways, I probably should've mentioned that even though I'm from Suharto I'm actually a pretty cruddy fighter."

"And yes, I'm perfectly fine now." He said, turning to Lisa. "Thanks for the help..." His voice trailed off as he struggled to think of her name. "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name, and if I did, I probably lost it along with all that blood."

IC: Evan Debar"Fantastic! Next time, I promise not to go stabbing you or any other person willy-nilly during practice. Can't say the same for in the arena though." he said with a grin. "And don't sweat your skill. I've been practicing for many years now, and while I'm no expert, I feel that Ive improved immensly since I started. Just keep practicing and fighting, and eventually, your name will stand among the legends. That's what I'm striving for too."OOC: Just a heads up, I'm working on another profile, but I'm the last one who posted in the discussion topic.

IC: LisaLisa smiled, then started laughing. "Sorry, but I don't get 'Oh, I can't remember your name' that often. Anyways, it's Lisa Carter, and a lot of people recognize me quickly- I used to be a star fighter, oh, fifteen years ago. Of course, that was before I lost my legs, became a shopkeeper, and got these," she said, while tapping her mechanical leg.

IC:Ryan Noc ~Proelium Hospital~

"I'm sorry, but I've never hear of you." Ryan said, shrugging. "I mean, fifteen years ago I was being trained to get into the military, so..."

"Thanks Evan, I'll keep your words in mind." Ryan said, giving the slightly younger fighter a thumbs up. "You know, we should totally team up for a Capture the Flag match one day."

IC: Lisa"Well, I'm not surprised, but there are a lot of people who know all about past champions here, and it's rare to meet someone who doesn't. Anyways, I need to get going, my cousin has a match in the arena today, and I need to be there and watch."

"Thanks man. Capture the Flag would be fun! We should totally do that someday!" he agreed.

Turning to Lisa he said "You know what, I think I saw your name in a book I got from a library around here now that I think about it. So you used to be a fighter? But now you're a shopkeeper. Interesting. Your cousin has a match? Well I'm going! What about you Ryan?"

OOC: Can we design NPC fighters for our characters to battle against like Ra's al Ghul did I believe?

IC: Logan

Logan waited on one side of the arena, as the announcer was beginning the match. And on this side, we have the challenger, the Iron Hammer, Logan Carter! That's right, everyone, this is the cousin of former champion, Lisa Carter! This introduction slightly annoyed Logan, because he was always compared to Lisa, simply because they were cousins. Come on, he thought. Can't you just introduce me sometime? Of course, this did help him get some recognition among older fans of the arena battles and tournament buffs, but Lisa left the arena fifteen years ago, and she wasn't too relevant anymore. The voice of the announcer snapped Logan's mind back into the game. Three, two, one, begin!

Though he was far away sitting on the bleachers, Evan could see a look of dismay on Logan's face as the announcer mentioned Lisa. "He must not like being compared to how you were back then." he said to Lisa. "I think he wants to make a name for himself without being overshadowed by your past accomplishments."

IC: LoganLogan lifted his hammer as the match started, then he scanned over his opponent with his eyes He's thin, probably more agile than strong. He's holding two knives, so he's probably a close-range fighter. Well, this shouldn't be too difficult... Logan then closed in on his opponent, and swung his hammer across at the opponent. As he expected, his attack had been dodged, his opponent had hopped back and seemingly dodged the attack with ease. The opponent didn't seem to be doing anything after he dodged, he was just waiting. Why didn't he take the opening right after my attack? Logan then charged forwards, with a rather risky plan in mind. He rushed forward, seemingly going for a charging attack, but be had purposely aimed his hammer a bit to the right. He then swung it around, with the head acting like a hook, catching the opponent and pulling him closer. The good part was that he finally hit his opponent, but the bad part was that he was completely defenseless against a very close-range fighter who he had just pulled up close to himself. The opponent was trying to find his balance, but he still managed to make a deep cut in Logan's left side. Logan winced, but that was just long enough for his opponent to regain his footing. Well, my attacks aren't working because he's so fast and he can see my attacks from a mile away. And if I get close, I'm wide open. Logan than had an idea, something he'd tried in training a few times but it wasn't something he did often. He had managed to get back, away from his opponent, and began charging, keeping the head of his hammer low and a good distance ahead of himself. He was closing in on his opponent, when he felt a sharp pain in his right shoulder. He almost looked, but he knew when he noticed his opponent was only holding one knife instead of two. So, he's a knife thrower? It's guys like this that I really can't stand. The injury had slowed Logan down for a second, but not long enough to stop him. He then smashed his hammer down in front of his opponent and jumped, using his hammer as a vault. While he was over his opponent's head, he felt another knife bury itself in his arm, probably in an attempt by his opponent to make him lose his grip, but it wasn't enough to shake him, especially since the strength of his arms was his strong point. He landed with his back to the opponent's back, and his hammer crashed down in front of him. He than quickly twisted his body, sliding his hammer across the floor and leaving a shower of sparks in it's wake. The opponent turned around just in time to see Logan swinging his arms around, before his legs were caught by Logan's hammer. The opponent was pulled down by the force of the swinging hammer, and then Logan picked up his hammer, and smashed it down on his opponent's legs, effectively breaking them. After a few seconds of silence, the referee came running out. "And the winner is... LOGAN CAAAAARTER!!!" Logan Couldn't help but smile at his victory, as he had finally won a match for himself.

IC:Ryan Noc ~The Arena~

Ryan watched as Logan knocked his opponent off their legs, effectively winning him the match. "Wow, I definitely don't wanna get on your brother's bad side Lisa." Ryan said, grimacing as Logan finished the match by breaking his opponent's legs. "One hit from that thing and I'd be toast!"

OOC: Just a reminder, Lisa is Logan's cousin, not sister.IC: Lisa"Just hope you don't get in a match against him, he managed to break my legs in a practice match once- of course, I had some extras, but these things are expensive. Of course his weapon isn't a commonly used one, so he can't stab anyone, and crushing a rib cage is one of the few very dangerous things that can happen in the arena, so breaking limbs is the easiest way he can win matches."

"Heh, your cousin seems like a powerhouse. What was his name, Logan? I agree that his weapon is rather unique. It definitely goes well with his strength. But he would have a hard time breaking my legs if I were in a match with him. His alias was 'The Iron Hammer'? Mine is 'The Lightning Eagle'. I wonder if the hammer could smash the eagle so easily. Course, being family and all, you'd root for brother in every match."

IC

[Jacyk Cover]

He kept his nose to the street as he burst out of an alley and into a crowded boulevard.Across from him was the Metro that'd take him to Underworld. It sort of giggled as he walked down the stairs and through the metal doors, rudely anticipating his crime and encouraging him. This way to blood.

The train rattled in its tunnel as it roared down from Heaven to ######. He would not be able to travel back this way, for he would be a murderer and murderers don't take trains. He didn't really know how he was going to get back, hadn't really thought that far ahead. Everyone was sitting on the train except for the iron black giant with the suitcase full of lead. He attracted enough attention to himself without dragging his conscious behind him. He eyed a small child sitting on his mother, who hid his face. Everyone is scared of dragons.

Edited by Ra's al Ghul

IC

[William Jericho]

He realized suddenly that he needed to desperately clean out his locker. It was full of useless trinkets he confiscated from drunken spectators, or things that fell off of armor of weapons. Things like pieces of scrap or batteries were his favourite, and he had a bunch. A picture of his girlfriend was taped up in the back, a picture of his mom and dad on the left side, and a picture of him and his two brothers on the right side. You couldn't really see any of them though, since the clutter obscured most of it. He tossed his pistol on the stack and stuffed his body armor into it, then closed it with authority.

"Hey Will, nice job today." Carl Rook, another guard, walked past and tapped him on the elbow. William Jericho smiled back broadly. He was handsome in a traditional sense, kept a short, neat beard, was tall and tan and stuff. His brown hair was short and curly. "Yeah buddy, you too!" He chirped, then walked off. He came back a second later and snatched his wallet from his locker.

Hey, hi, good to see you! See you later, good work today! The pleasantries flew freely as he made his way out of the building. He was excited today. Today was payday which meant he would be able to afford to both buy food and a crucial component for his experiment. This component would make or break his formula, and would either send him back to the drawing board or into the Proelium Guard Tinkerer Hall of Fame, should such a thing ever be created.

The streets were pretty busy, painted orange by the sunset. He managed to maneuver them pretty well, probably with some help from the crowd who seemed just as happy as he was. Somebody important win something? He really didn't know, since he was busy cleaning up a dispute between a secretary and an official caused by one of the fighters bending the system around. The secretary had had some sort of mental breakdown and was throwing things, so William had to step in before a lamp or something caused some damage to his old bones.

He made his way to his favourite store, and went for the door handle. Locked. Lisa must've been at the fight. He didn't mind waiting, though. Being busy all day was nice but didn't give him time to think, so he'd take some now. He leaned up against the wall beside the door, and started looking around. Hydraulics and tools of war.

IC:Ryan Noc ~The Arena~

"Well yeah... I mean, that's the only thing I can really do..." Ryan said, rolling his eyes as Evan's attempt to be helpful ended up with him simply stating the obvious. "And okay Lisa, I guess we'll see you later."