The Proelium: Discussion Topic

Terminus

OOC Discussion and Profiles for The Proelium go here.

My Profiles:

Name: Logan CarterUsername: Terminus24Biography: Logan is a young man of 20 who recently moved to the Proelium to compete in the tournament. He lives with his older cousin, Lisa, a shopkeeper and former fighter. He helps around Lisa's shop often, but he also spends a lot of time exploring the city. He has short, brown hair, is a little under 6 feet tall, and is usually seen wearing a black shirt and a red windbreaker.Attribute: Strength: Upper Body Strength, Weakness: AgilityWeapon: Large Battle HammerOccupation: CombatantCountry of Origin: ArteliaName: Lisa CarterUsername: Terminus24Biography: A top fighter 15 years ago, Lisa, now 37, owns a shop in the Proelium. She was one of the strongest fighters, however, an accident that destroyed both of her legs abruptly ended her career. She eventually got mechanical legs, but by then she had lost interest in fighting in the arena, instead choosing to open a shop to supply up-and-coming fighters with any supplies they might need. She has long, brown hair, usually kept in a ponytail, and is about five and a half feet tall.Occupation: ShopkeeperCountry of Origin: Artelia

Edited by Terminus24

moving my profile to here

Name: Skafora

Username: StrackkorotusBiography: Skafora is a melee fighter from Pantagria, 24 years in age. his left eye was lost in a small fight and was replaced with a bionic eye. it has zooming capabilities, limited heat vision (as in the ability to "see" heat, not laser vision) and night vision. he is 2.3 meters tall and his weight is 130 pounds. first time in the Proelium arena, he is unfamiliar with the current technologies. preferring to drop in on unsuspecting victims, he is silent and cool as an icicle.

Attribute:Agility.

Weakness: decreased kicking power.Weapon: flexible metal gloves that can expand into a fist about 8 inches from the edge of one side to the tip of other. when not expanded they are only a millimeter away from his skin.Occupation: FighterCountry of Origin: Pantagria

Edited by Strackkorotus

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Quick question: How many PCs can we have?

As of now you can have as many as you want. However, if we see people abusing the amount of PCs they're allowed to have we'll have to begin to limit the amount you're allowed to have.

~BioBeast

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

How creative can we be? And are use of multiple weapons allowed?

To what are you referring when you ask 'How creative can we be?'? Are you referring to character creation? And yes, multiple weapons are allowed to be owned when creating your character, however please keep in mind that your weapons cannot give you a huge advantage against an opponent.

~BioBeast

I love how short these profile forms are.

Name: Alexander BlackUsername: Canis LupusBiography: Alexander has been a combatant for seven years, since he was twenty two. In one tournament, his left arm was severely injured and had to be replace with a mechanical one. He has installed two weapons into this new arm. He is about six foot, six inches, and has black hair and deep, brown eyes. Attribute: Strength: Reflex, Weakness: Lower Body StrengthWeapon: Robotic arm has a gun feature in it. For close range combat, a bayonet came come out of the arm. He also has a lens that provides him with thermal imaging and aiming help.Occupation: CombatantCountry of Origin: Nextaria

Name: Benjamin GrimpenUsername: Canis LupusBiography: Ben has grown up with a strong sense of morals installed in him. He is twenty seven, and is constantly training to be the champion. He is very skilled with his swords. He is about six feet tall, and is very muscular. He has light brown hair and hazel eyes.Attribute: Strength: Upper Body Strength, Weakness: AgilityWeapon: Pair of short swords. Also has a mace.Occupation: CombatantCountry of Origin: Fernalian Kingdom

Name: Jack StormUsername: Canis LupusBiography: Jack Storm is a twenty five year old newly wed. His wife is Alexander Black's sister Meredith, whom he met on the Prolieum. He runs a successful restaurant that serves cuisines from all over the world. He is skinny, and five foot eight. He has dirty blond hair and bright blue eyes.Occupation: Restaurant OwnerCountry of Origin: Siskarun

Let me know if anything needs to change.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Pre-Approved

Name: Jacyk Cover -- The Dragon Knight [Jah-syk Coh-vehr]Username: Ra's Al Ghul Biography: The fun thing about Jacyk is he doesn't speak a lot. To anybody, about anything, and when he does speak he doesn't talk about his past. What is known about him is he is from Proelium's Underworld, a jaded, poverty ridden place that rubbed off on his persona. He spent his childhood ducking into dumpsters and hiding from people, thanks to a distant and drug addicted mother who wouldn't take care of him and older brothers that all got sucked into the gang life, and Jacyk would've ended up with them until one tragic incident where all members of his family were annihilated in one foul swoop. He had been only a child when this happened. He left the underworld then, with only the rags on his back, and made it to the overworld. Here, he was fitted to be a fighter.Attribute: This is where it gets fun.Jacyk was either rebuilt or born differently. He doesn't behave the way a typical human does- injuries do not hinder him. Instead, they feed him. He is a berserker. As his vitality decreases, his upper body strength increases to incredible levels. Once his blood is drawn, he does not become weaker, the adrenaline begins to overwhelm him and he instead becomes stronger. He breaks bones regularly, and it is difficult to put him under. The drawback to this is while healed, however, at the beginning of fights, he has little power. He is unable to start quickly, and can lose fights because of his reliance on pain. A short overload can put an end to him quickly, though in longer fights he never loses.In short; as vitality decreases, upper body strength increases. Weapon: Jacyk brandishes a spear in combat. That's the abridged version. The spear itself has a long, black shaft, at four feet four inches. The head of the spear is more interesting, however. It is an electric blue, two pronged metal head, cut into a rough, jagged parabola. It is cut purposely, though, with clear, distinct ridges and razor sharp points.

The second weapon Jacyk brings into battle is not a weapon in the traditional sense. When he became a gladiator he requested a specific implant, one on his glandular chords. When he chooses, this implant activates his 'Dragon Roar', a loud, disorienting and deafening bellow that can often turn the tide in battle. This is a double edged sword, however, as the roars can devastate him, too, and the pitch of the cry can often shatter bones. While this has good synergy with his berserk, it can also be overwhelming and he often knocks out himself. Most of his broken bones come from himself, but an enemy would need to be at a very close range to suffer similar consequences. As a result, he needs to be extremely careful as to how he is standing to avoid knocking himself out. The implant activates whenever he speaks too loudly, at painful degrees with his regular speaking voice, like someone shouting in your ear, and with destructive degrees at shouting volume. Because of this, he often speaks with a low, almost whispering tone most of the time, or simly chooses not to speak at all.

Occupation: Spartan (Fighter)Country of Origin: Proelium Underworld

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I'll join.Name: Evan DebarUsername: JiMing: Metal OverlordBiography: Evan is a rookie fighter who is 17 years old, hailing from Siskarun. He had become fascinated by the Proelium at a young age, and worked tirelessly to become a part of it. Now that he has gotten in, he is determined to prove himself to not only the other combatants, but also to his family who he left behind to compete in the tournament. He is generally friendly to most people, even those from other countries, and even if he acquires a rivalry, he attempts to keep it friendly. He is five foot nine inches, has shirt, black hair, and hazel eyes.Attribute: Strength: Agility, Weakness: DefenseWeapons: Evan has two mechanical gauntlets which cover both his arms. The one on his left arm has a electricity shooter above the gauntlets, the one on his left is a plasma bolt shooter above the gauntlets as well, and both have an extension on top which have sharp edges and points, similar to a sword to be used for melee combat.On his legs are mechanical attachments which increase his already great agility and reduce fall damage if he lands on his feet.He also has a visor covering both eyes. This gives him the capabilities of night vision and infrared vision. It also allows him to zoom in for more accurate long distance shots.Occupation: FighterCountry of Origin: Siskarun

Edited by JiMing: Metal Overlord

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Finally got around to making my own non-NPC profile. :P

Name: Ryan NocUsername: Strong Arm BioBeastBiography: Ryan was born into a fairly poor family in Suharto, and was forced to join the Suharto Army at the age of 7. (Which is obviously many years below the legal recruitment age, even in Suharto.) After spending a couple months training in the army, two things became apparent: 1) Ryan's skills were not suited for the army, as he was absolutely no good at being a team player. And 2) Ryan, despite being a horrendous team player, was a very skilled fighter. So his Commanding Officer, not sure what to do with Ryan, sent the kid to the Proelium. Ever since then Ryan's been training to become the champion of Suharto. Ryan is now 1.5 meters tall, and 20 years old.Attribute: Strength: Agility, Weakness: Lower Body StrengthWeapon: Two metal gauntlets which he uses to deliver heavy blows to his opponents.Occupation: FighterCountry of Origin: Suharto

*This character has been approved by Strong Arm BioBeast.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we're not fighting for war, unlike most RPGs, but for sport, so yes, we need to be charismatic. What do you guys think of the Lightning Eagle for Evan? Or maybe the Striking Eagle?

I wasn't disagreeing bro!
I was actually agreeing with your statement there.

Sorry, I just like to reason why agree with statements occasionally.What do you think about everyone jumping on the alias bandwagon?

I agree, saying 'The Lightning Eagle' vs. 'The Dragon Knight' is more fun than saying Evan Debar vs. Jacyk Cover.Now if only the staff did it too....

Yeah, I really like the aliases thing, and now Logan's is the Iron Hammer.Or actually, the Beautiful Fighter, the Iron Hammer.You see, I thought that the Proelium needed something, but I couldn't put my finger on it- then it hit me- Pretty Names! They not only serve to make the Proelium a happier place, but they also make it easier to remember what country your character is from, as what your character's Pretty Name is is determined by what country they are from! Here they are:Nextaria: Shiny FighterSiskarun: Sparkly FighterSuharto: Pretty FighterThe Fernalian Kingdom: Lovely FighterPantagria: Unicorn FighterArtelia: Beautiful FighterOh, and since the RPG has gotten waaay too violent, everyone's weapons have now been changed to foam swords. It's safer that way.Have a Nice Day!

Well, seeing as Ryan's never been in an actual tournament, he doesn't have a cool name. However when he actually becomes experienced and gets good at fighting, he'll probably get a name. A really really cheesy name, but a name non-the-less.

And yes, I have to agree with Terminus. Spleen wounds are very violent. Foam swords for everybody! :D

Are you subtly asking for a fight?

Does yes and no answer your question?

Yeah, I really like the aliases thing, and now Logan's is the Iron Hammer.Or actually, the Beautiful Fighter, the Iron Hammer.You see, I thought that the Proelium needed something, but I couldn't put my finger on it- then it hit me- Pretty Names! They not only serve to make the Proelium a happier place, but they also make it easier to remember what country your character is from, as what your character's Pretty Name is is determined by what country they are from! Here they are:Nextaria: Shiny FighterSiskarun: Sparkly FighterSuharto: Pretty FighterThe Fernalian Kingdom: Lovely FighterPantagria: Unicorn FighterArtelia: Beautiful FighterOh, and since the RPG has gotten waaay too violent, everyone's weapons have now been changed to foam swords. It's safer that way.Have a Nice Day!

Yay! I love sparkles and foam swords and happiness! Yaaaay!