The Proelium: Discussion Topic

Terminus

Name: Narym Zai-'The Blossom Blade'Username: JiMing: Metal OverlordBiography: A combatant from The Fernalian Kingdom, Narym has always been rather quiet and distant. He does however care for his family, and has gone to fight in the Proelium to support his ill father. He started training with weapons after witnessing an innocent child being beaten near fatally, vowing to have the strength to do something should anything similar happen. He settled on a katana, as well as a unique fighting style. When he started training, he discovered his lack of vitality and stamina. Therefore, he trained his reflexes to the point he could react to and counter attacks with near perfect timing. He uses this to his advantage during battle, moving only if he has to, and waiting for his opponents to strike so he can counterattack. He is also quite fond of gardening, and his katana has a flower pattern on its hilt. He is 21 years old, 6 feet one inches, has long black hair and cold, grey eyes.Attribute: Strength-Reflex, Weakness-VitalityWeapon: Katana Occupation: FighterCountry of Origin: The Fernalian Kingdom

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Well, I said near perfect. The faster attacks are as well as the succession of attacks eventually makes it more difficult to dodge.

Also, I based his fighting style off of the game Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword. I just found the gameplay style incredibly unique, and so I just had to make this character.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Name: William Jericho

Username: Ra's al Ghul

Biography: Prodigy child from the streets of Overworld, William Jericho was the youngest of three brothers. The Jericho boys were some of the toughest in the city and everyone was excited for them to start fighting. His oldest brother, Rex, was his idol and the two were inseperable. They even joined the tournament together, and fought in a two on two match. That was where William's life was changed. He watched his brother die in his very first arena fight. His other brother moved out of Proelium, and left him alone. Rex's death cost him his nerve, but also motivated him to join the guard, to help keep fights regulated and prevent tragedies like the one that befell him to happen again.

William picked up a few hobbies after his brother died to keep himself busy. His favourite, and longest running, is small arms and armour engineering. The man has created various types of weapons over the years and become proficient with many of them. He is obsessed with the idea of energy weapons and is currently trying to get a laser rifle model patented. He also has another project he is working on, but isn't talking about it much.

Attribute: William is a pretty tough dude. He is dedicated to law which has given him a high ranking among the Proelium guards, and still retains his implants from when he was a fighter. His Vitality is increased, and his Lower Body Strength is decreased.

Weapon: Guards have access to a shared armoury, which includes a lot. Outside of traditional stun rounds and police batons, he has a few weapons that he has made himself. His favourite is his prototype AER9, which is a long barreled rifle that fires laser beams at about the same effectiveness as a traditional rifle.

Country of Origin: Proelium Overworld

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

• 1 month later...

Quick question; is it possible to have a fighter without an attribute? Wondering if that'd work.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Here's my profile. Bit short admittedly but I think it gets the job done.

• Name: Wilkes Waite
  • Username: Alex Humva
  • Biography: Wilkes lived a normalish life for the better part of his years, growing up and taking after the family business of trade and business. As his father had always told him, even though their home nation of Suharto was a military-based system, people still had to live their day to day lives, and wherever that appeared, so did traders. It would be later in his life that he moved to the flying island of Proelium, leaving his life on the surface to become a merchant on the mechanical landmass. It was there he began the business of shopkeeping, setting up in the Town Square but always sure to keep his wares handy on him while traveling. While not an arena fighter, his home country has embued him with enough skill in fighting that he'll occasionally partake in the Underworld battles, preferring to rely on his wits as opposed to any great physical advantage in those brutal cage fights.
  • Attribute: N/A.
  • Weapon: Carries a collapsible, electrified pole-staff, in the same vein as a taser, as a handful of 'steam' bombs, small canisters that can unleash a high-pressure steam cloud, serving to burn enemies and make a quick getaway with. He most likely could also use whatever weapons he's selling that he has on him at the time, though more likely than not he'd ditch them to free up weight.
  • Country of Origin: Suharto

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Anywhere I might be able to pop into and get some interaction?

voidstars.png

Well:-There's an arena battle going on-There are characters currently in different places in the city (so you can jump in at pretty much any location and something will happen)-Lisa's shop (that's one of my characters) is openAnyways, the RPG does need a little action. Been a while since anything new has happened...

Edited by Terminus24