Chima Section at LEGOLAND FL

It appears I wrote my editorial a week too early, since I seem to have missed out on yet another addition to the Chima lineup. LEGOLAND Florida will soon receive a Legends of Chima themed area containing a water ride, a Speedorz arena attraction, a 4D movie, and walkabout characters from the theme. This will be the first section of a LEGOLAND Park to be based off of a specific theme, as opposed to more generic themes like City, Adventurers/Indiana Jones, and Pirates. Cartoon Network is the presenting partner of this park section, and will have a large part in the Chima section as well, advertising some of their other programs like Adventure Time.View the full article

Aha, the talkback's up. Now I can give what I think about this.

If the videogames and TV show weren't enough to show that LEGO's going whole hog on Chima, this ought to do it. I'm even more surprised about this than I am about the games, considering that a park section is a little more permanent than all of the others. Of course, it could always be remodeled if Chima goes down, but that's still a risk. Of course, LEGOLAND California still has plenty of attractions from old themes, like BIONICLE, Knight's Kingdom, and the Adventurers. (Although Johnny Thunder and Co. are more or less just LEGO's go-to theme for treasure-hunting exploration stuff)

I do hope they're not wrong about pumping all this cash into Chima.

How well will you die?

If the videogames and TV show weren't enough to show that LEGO's going whole hog on Chima, this ought to do it. I'm even more surprised about this than I am about the games, considering that a park section is a little more permanent than all of the others. Of course, it could always be remodeled if Chima goes down, but that's still a risk. Of course, LEGOLAND California still has plenty of attractions from old themes, like BIONICLE, Knight's Kingdom, and the Adventurers. (Although Johnny Thunder and Co. are more or less just LEGO's go-to theme for treasure-hunting exploration stuff)

Totally agree with this this makes your point about the 'Don't put all your Chi in one Basket' even bigger.

Seeing how many stuff is made it seems lego is planning on keeping Chima longer than the Usual 3 years, let us hope it's not a flop.

I'm back!

From the announcement day:

504_464124346991358_413610647_n.jpg

549978_464230970314029_119537441_n.jpg

429740_464230916980701_1263074248_n.jpg

577591_464230920314034_1333599920_n.jpg

552072_464230930314033_279095884_n.jpg

549965_464230960314030_1402662921_n.jpg

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Eh, I'm with almost everyone else on this topic; Lego is really trying to blow this theme up to the max. Honestly, I haven't seen much in the way of popularity for Chima (unless I'm missing something) they are putting too much faith in it's success.

Mata-Nui they are shoving Chima down our throats. ANOTHER Chima related thing?

Totally agree with this this makes your point about the 'Don't put all your Chi in one Basket' even bigger.

Seeing how many stuff is made it seems lego is planning on keeping Chima longer than the Usual 3 years, let us hope it's not a flop.

This is what I am thinking! They are going nuts with all this Chima stuff.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

That laval costume is... disgraceful.

I thought the costume looked good, actually. :shrugs:Although whether or not that theme is popular on BZP in probably not a good indicator of how popular the thing is with the general public, particularly young theme-park-going kids... :lookaround: I just hope they know what they are doing.

I thought the costume looked good, actually. :shrugs:Although whether or not that theme is popular on BZP in probably not a good indicator of how popular the thing is with the general public, particularly young theme-park-going kids... :lookaround: I just hope they know what they are doing.

Looks fine to me, though it seems like a break from most costumed characters in LEGOLAND. At LEGOLAND CA, (though this was seven years ago, when I was eleven) their versions of Darth Vader, Captain Brickbeard, and Johnny Thunder were all just dressed as regular human beings, not the minifigs.

How well will you die?

Looks fine to me, though it seems like a break from most costumed characters in LEGOLAND. At LEGOLAND CA, (though this was seven years ago, when I was eleven) their versions of Darth Vader, Captain Brickbeard, and Johnny Thunder were all just dressed as regular human beings, not the minifigs.

I can't find a picture, but each LEGOLAND and LEGOLAND Discovery Center has a LEGO Club Max, who looks to be part cloth, part plastic. The head is all plastic, and the main body of the costume is cloth. It's a bit odd-looking.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I can't find a picture, but each LEGOLAND and LEGOLAND Discovery Center has a LEGO Club Max, who looks to be part cloth, part plastic. The head is all plastic, and the main body of the costume is cloth. It's a bit odd-looking.

Well, Max didn't exist when I went there, so I wouldn't know.

But the guys I saw didn't have anything plastic. Johnny Thunder was just a guy with his style of clothes (black pants, boots, tan shirt, Aussie hat, red bandana) and a fake mustache. And Darth Vader was... Darth Vader.

How well will you die?

Why couldn't this have happened to bionicle. At the very least a tv show for it would have been good. Or maybe a game (like bionicle heroes) with a degree of puzzles and character customization

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

Why couldn't this have happened to bionicle. At the very least a tv show for it would have been good. Or maybe a game (like bionicle heroes) with a degree of puzzles and character customization

LEGO seems to be wanting to catch BIONICLE's lightning in a bottle all over again. BIONICLE's stale in their minds, however, so they're making a theme just for that purpose.

Thing is, only one story-based theme has achieved BIONICLE's success. BIONICLE. Knight's Kingdom didn't make it, Exo-Force didn't make it, Ninjago hasn't had the time to prove whether it will or not. Chima's a big risk, but we'll see what the future holds.

How well will you die?