• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Witch Doctor 2.0

Hero Factory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Zorrakh

Zorrakh
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 21-February 07
  • 2,005 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2013 - 11:06 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Howdy y'all -[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]This is just a little something I made a few months that I've finally gotten around to taking pictures. Click on each thumbnail to see the full picture.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]My original idea was to create a skeleton out of Hero Factory pieces, since the set designers of this (then) new building system said that's what they wanted to do. I knew I wanted to use the Witch Doctor's head as a skull, but at some point while I was building I heard one of my sisters listening to a certain song from The Princess and the Frog (you know the one, admit it :P), and then it hit me: why not create a Louisiana-style Witch Doctor? I then started working on a cane and top hat, and I think they both turned out pretty well.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Here's some inspiration that came to mind before I started and while I was building (again, please click on the thumbnails to see the [pun]bigger picture[/pun]:[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog (Duh)[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Posted Image[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Gigabyte from Reboot (Just for the one hand. I picture it as an energy-sucking hand, like Gigabyte had)[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"] [/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Jack Skellington from Nightmare before Christmas (I think this one's little obvious)[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Sachiel the Third Angel from Neon Genesis Evangellion (Oh gosh, I absolutely regret watching as much of this series as I did, I completely wasted my time on it, but I couldn't help but think of this)[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Spider-man's Symbiote Suit[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to post your thoughts. :)[/font]

#2 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 13-February 09
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 02:57 PM

Reminds me of a foe from the (sadly) washaway Darksiders game. Look up Wicked K. Looks decent . Really dig the spikes on the legs! Well done.

#3 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 05-September 10
  • 2,300 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 05:49 PM

Nice! I like the way you shaped the body, however, the skinny shoulder looks awkward against the much wider bicep.

aouROFb.png

#4 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 16-February 13
  • 629 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2013 - 11:20 AM

lol nice hat :P

But I really like the leg and arm design!

#5 Offline Zorrakh

Zorrakh
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 21-February 07
  • 2,005 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2013 - 09:44 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Thanks for the replies. :)[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]DARKSIDERZ: Thanks. :) I looked up some images and yeah, it does look like him. That's really weird. :P The spikes are actually a way to add thickness; I didn't want something solid, and I thought the white would look good to contrast the black.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Dralcax: Thanks. :) Yeah, the shoulders didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted. I still wanted to have that "Hero Factory skeleton" look and I didn't want to limit articulation.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]AdaptingChaos: Thanks. :) I'm glad you like the hat. I actually was looking at adding another gear to the top, but then it looked more like Abraham Lincoln. :P I like the limbs, too, and I think the Hero Factory parts work out well for this especially (there's a line of Hero Factory pieces in the limbs, as I'm sure you noticed). I'm still getting used to incorporating them into my models, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. :)[/font]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users