Star Trek Into Brickness

Trekkies everywhere are ecstatic about the upcoming release of Star Trek Into Darkness. I, in fact, feel like I'm going to explode with happiness every time a see the trailers. Now, Antonio Toscano has doubled my excitement by creating a LEGO stop-motion animation version of the first trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness, which he has aptly titled "Star Trek Into Brickness". You can see this masterpiece by clicking on over to the story at News.com.au.View the full article

Eh. . . There were a few nice effects, but in general the quality wasn't so great. Not knowing how hard it is to make these things, I suppose I shouldn't be too judgmental, but it didn't seem all that great to me. It's also true I'm not much of a Star Trek fan.

It's cool that they did it, though, and it isn't exactly "bad".

EDIT: Okay, watching it again I noticed a few things I hadn't the first time. It wasn't great but it wasn't too bad. A lot of it was kind of fuzzy, though, and the animation was rather jerky a lot of the time. On the other hand, there were some nicely done bits and some of the effects (like the engine glow) were pretty good. Even some of the animation was alright, like the running through the forest bit or the guy in the spacesuit flying through a field of debris.

I do love lego films but I like to think they could be done better than a lot of them are. :)

Edited by TahuNuvaFan

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

Trekkies everywhere are ecstatic about the upcoming release of Star Trek Into Darkness.

This "Trekkie" isn't exactly ecstatic. I like Star Trek, but its latest incarnation isn't exactly my favorite.

The animation, however, is pretty good - I like how the Lego-ness of it brings attention to the details. However, "Enterprise crashes into water" scene could have been done better.