• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Star Trek Into Brickness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 931 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 09:04 PM

Trekkies everywhere are ecstatic about the upcoming release of Star Trek Into Darkness. I, in fact, feel like I'm going to explode with happiness every time a see the trailers. Now, Antonio Toscano has doubled my excitement by creating a LEGO stop-motion animation version of the first trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness, which he has aptly titled "Star Trek Into Brickness". You can see this masterpiece by clicking on over to the story at News.com.au.View the full article

#2 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,807 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't really like Star Trek but that is just cool, how they made a Lego version.

#3 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 10:45 PM

Eh. . . There were a few nice effects, but in general the quality wasn't so great. Not knowing how hard it is to make these things, I suppose I shouldn't be too judgmental, but it didn't seem all that great to me. It's also true I'm not much of a Star Trek fan.

It's cool that they did it, though, and it isn't exactly "bad".

EDIT: Okay, watching it again I noticed a few things I hadn't the first time. It wasn't great but it wasn't too bad. A lot of it was kind of fuzzy, though, and the animation was rather jerky a lot of the time. On the other hand, there were some nicely done bits and some of the effects (like the engine glow) were pretty good. Even some of the animation was alright, like the running through the forest bit or the guy in the spacesuit flying through a field of debris.

I do love lego films but I like to think they could be done better than a lot of them are. :)

Edited by TahuNuvaFan, Mar 23 2013 - 10:54 PM.

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#4 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,272 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 10:51 PM

Trekkies everywhere are ecstatic about the upcoming release of Star Trek Into Darkness. 

This "Trekkie" isn't exactly ecstatic. I like Star Trek, but its latest incarnation isn't exactly my favorite. 

The animation, however, is pretty good - I like how the Lego-ness of it brings attention to the details. However,   "Enterprise crashes into water" scene could have been done better.  

#5 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,162 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2013 - 04:57 AM

I'm psyched! This film's actually going to get Kre-O sets as well, apparently!

~ CHTrilogy

whoa.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users