Movie worthy

I think 2006 (Inikia/Piraka) deserved a movie. This I believe this bc LEGO had decided to make Bionicle a little bit more complicated by introducing new pieces and set designs with the introduction of the Inika and Piraka build. This seemed to be a good step in the future of Bionicle sets (at the time), so I guess it would have been best if LEGO made a movie to publicize newly designed Bionicle sets. I would have also liked to have seen a movie for 2006 bc that year was the start of a new arc in the Bionicle storyline that would last for about 3 years and would basically be a somewhat of a sequel to the events of the first movie.

2007 and 2008 to me are also good years that deserved a movie but not as close as 2006 :)

2008. if I were the director, then I would start with the Toa Nuva on Artahka. then have the 2008 storyline played out like in the books. also, cameos of Takanuva would appear from time to time. like for a few minutes, show the battle in the Empire alternate universe. actually, they would probably have to make more than one movie. anyways, the movie would end like in the 11th Legends series..."I WILL RETURN" then fade to credits. also, it was probably one of the more, if not the most important year in the franchise. it was all about waking up Mata Nui so that he could continue ruling.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

The one most obviously lacking is the grand finale, really.

I'd have loved to see 2001 as well. The start and the finish. What else could be more apt really.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Let's see... either 2001 2002 2006 2007 2008 or 2010.

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would have liked to see 2010 in movie form - if done right. I would have been bothered if the proportions of the robots were as off-kilter as they were in the Mata Nui Saga. Done right, though ... it would have been one heck of a movie. 2006 would also have been nice to see.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

2008 and 2010. 2010 especially.

2008 had a ridiculous boatload of battles and an emotional roller coaster ride that would have made for a good film. The only problem is the ending - it would have been like the Empire Strikes Back. It would have to be done carefully.

2010 would have been awesome. It would have been sort of hard to botch that film - again, emotional roller coaster and two giant robots fighting in CGI. That year practically needed a film - one of the things I get from 2010 storyline portrayals is the lack of sound - I really wanted to hear all that crash-bang that was going on, Makuta's evil laugh amplified, etc. I also think the insane GB, fake volcano, and Vezon would have been terrific things to see. You know, I better stop thinking about this, because it is just making me feel depressed. That just would have been one amazing movie. *shakes head*

2006 through 2008 as a movie Trilogy.

2006 since the battles and the story were amazing. Plus, special effects would be really cool to see (elemental blasts interlaced with lightning? Yes, please!)

2007 since the battles and the story were still amazing. That and it's underwater, and I would love to see the Voya Nui chord being destroyed by Cordak Blasters. Plus, Matoro's sacrifice needs a movie, I feel it kinda lame that it was never mentioned in TLR.

2008 again, battles and story, but the battles more so. Remember the 45 second Phantoka animation? If they had made it maybe 2 hours longer and added voices and focused on the comics and books; oh my Gahlok, yes!

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I always thought Time Trap would've made a great movie; it was a wonderful solo Toa adventure, and the whole thing with Makuta "being made into the villain that he is today" would've kept old and new fans on the edge. Plus the whole significance of the vahi would be shown- it was just dropped in LOMN, and while the Matoran of the city were just as important, it would've been a fantastic animation. 2006 would've been a great cast as well, and there was dialogue that wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the cheesiest either.

I say 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 deserve a movie :D

Anyways, as a future movie producer, I plan to create Bionicle movies. Like animated but more like the toys so it doesnt look as childish. I think I would put the Kal and Rahkshi in one movie, and 2004 and 2005 in one movie, and 09-10 into one movie.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

The Ignition Trilogy deserved at least one movie.

Trilogy?There was only two years of Ignition i thought?

anyways, I think 2001 is vital, to get people used to these light-hearted tales, then make them darker and darker and watch as they drop their jaws.

Edited by slifer3000

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

The Ignition Trilogy deserved at least one movie.

Trilogy?There was only two years of Ignition i thought?

anyways, I think 2001 is vital, to get people used to these light-hearted tales, then make them darker and darker and watch as they drop their jaws.

'08 was part of Ignition, it just didn't have the same goal or protagonists.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I agree with Nick Silverpen about Time Trap being its own movie. It was one of the best Bionicle books IMO, and if done right, it could made for an awesome movie.

The 2010 storyline would make for a good movie as well. Two giant robots fighting with hundreds of beings at their feet, engaged in their own battles, would be a great sight to behold in a movie. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Without going into actual storyline changes, here is what I would have liked to see as movies go. You'll note that I actually have every year listed on here, but the way I divided the years up was more my intent here. Here goes:-The Mata Nui Trilogy: one movie per year for 2001, 2002, and 2003. This wasn't really too far-fetched; Lego actually considered making a movie for the first year of Bionicle. Ideally, the 2001 movie would cover the Toa Mata's adventures, as well as possibly referencing or occasionally showing scenes from Takua's journey - it would have consolidated Lego's multi-media approach by combining the biggest threads of the story. From there, it wouldn't have been too hard to lead into the 2002 movie, featuring the Bohrok (or possibly even that old Three-Finger Island idea, which would've provided more nice foreshadowing for the robot reveal if not for executive meddling), with a cliffhanger ending much like the MNOLG. The 2003 movie would've been more or less similar to what already existed, thought it would've been nice to see Takua's personality closer to what had already been established.-The Metru Nui Trilogy: one movie for 2004 (covering the first and second Adventures novels as well as what ended up in the final movie), one movie for 2005 as a whole (covering the rest of Adventures 7 briefly, as well as what ended up in the movie), and one for Time Trap. Let's be honest here: not only could Time Trap make a good, semi-stand-alone movie, seeing the Shadowed One and Voporak in animation would've been amazing. The biggest change here would probably be incorporating the Morbuzakh into 2004's movie (yes, beyond a brief cameo holding Vakama over a fire pit), something I'm sure many fans would agree with.-The Ignition Trilogy: one movie for 2006 (covering Legends 3 and Legends 5, more or less, with some of Legends 2 or 1 shown in flashbacks), one for 2007 (covering Legends 6-8, and including Vamprah's brief cameo as well as a potential cliffhanger showing Karda Nui), and one for 2008 (covering Legends 9-11 - probably showing the start of Takanuva's journey towards the end of the first act, and having him reappear in the climax). Since the last movie would shift protagonists, this might not work as well as the others would've in a trilogy, but it might've worked out fine in practice.-The Spherus Manga Duology: ideally, this would've covered the 2009 story, the original 2010 story, and the 2011 story, each with their own movie. Since the 2010 story was canceled, though, here's a version better fitting what actually became canon: one movie for 2009, more or less The Legend Reborn, and one final movie for 2010. The 2010 movie would likely feature the "Riddle of the Great Beings" web serial as part of its opening act, then lead up into a long final battle taking up the entirety of the last act.Obviously, this wouldn't have worked logistically even if the executives had gone through with it, or at least not very well. Still, it would've been nice to see.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

They probably didn't use it bc it would give away that Mata-Nui was a robot.

Anyways, about the movie I am making, i have already begun writing the script and track-list. The music will be from Bionicle media, ex. Games, MNOG, MoL, etc.

Ill put it up on BZPower first :D

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

They probably didn't use it bc it would give away that Mata-Nui was a robot. Anyways, about the movie I am making, i have already begun writing the script and track-list. The music will be from Bionicle media, ex. Games, MNOG, MoL, etc. Ill put it up on BZPower first :D

You're making a movie. Cool, is it based on Spherus Magna? And are you using CGI or is it a stop motion movie?

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

Eh, it is stop motion, but with the added movable parts. It's gonna be 2001, and then i will make 2002... 2003... so forth. I think you were the one who asked me abotutit earlier? Anyways, I took a pike from castle and cut it into the length of the toa-mata's hip axle to go into it, so their legs swing, and did the thing with the ball and the hand peice at the neck to make their necks move. I will be using green screen and an enhanced set, like a table with a layer of sand glued on it. Eh, it might sound cheesy right now, but i am going to make a demo of it to show the effects it is using.

(did i mention it is going to be 60 minutes long?)

Anyways, it kinda fits the movie thread topic but I will be making a blog about it for further info on it.

Edited by slifer3000

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Eh, it is stop motion, but with the added movable parts. It's gonna be 2001, and then i will make 2002... 2003... so forth. I think you were the one who asked me abotutit earlier? Anyways, I took a pike from castle and cut it into the length of the toa-mata's hip axle to go into it, so their legs swing, and did the thing with the ball and the hand peice at the neck to make their necks move. I will be using green screen and an enhanced set, like a table with a layer of sand glued on it. Eh, it might sound cheesy right now, but i am going to make a demo of it to show the effects it is using.(did i mention it is going to be 60 minutes long?) Anyways, it kinda fits the movie thread topic but I will be making a blog about it for further info on it.

It's the thought that matters.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

Eh, it is stop motion, but with the added movable parts. It's gonna be 2001, and then i will make 2002... 2003... so forth. I think you were the one who asked me abotutit earlier? Anyways, I took a pike from castle and cut it into the length of the toa-mata's hip axle to go into it, so their legs swing, and did the thing with the ball and the hand peice at the neck to make their necks move. I will be using green screen and an enhanced set, like a table with a layer of sand glued on it. Eh, it might sound cheesy right now, but i am going to make a demo of it to show the effects it is using.

(did i mention it is going to be 60 minutes long?)

Anyways, it kinda fits the movie thread topic but I will be making a blog about it for further info on it.

Dude, that's awesome.