Best and Worst mask designs

Taipu1

This is what I think to be a very difficult question. What do you think are the best and worst masks in terms of design. By this I mean comparing them as if they are all powerless, and of the same colour, and have no storyline significance.

For the worst Mask, I eventually concluded '03 Hau Nuva. I never liked it much, and it doesn't really suit many MOCs.

The best was a tricky decision, as a lot of different masks went through my head. I settled on the '01 Noble Huna. The shape is so unique, and I think it looks brilliant on builds of all sizes.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks though, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I reckon a lot of people will have a different favourite, and probably disagree with my opinion on the worst.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

As for best, I would probably say the Volitak. Yes its overused bit I just find it so amazing. Just wish they did on on black(No, not a batman reference)

As for worst, it would have to be the Noble Rau. It just looks like a fat, bold, Chinese man.

Edited by Commander CeeCee

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

the best, in my opinion, was the original 2003 Avohkii. it was a good design, and giving that there were....three different types of it that weren't on any other set other than takanuva and Makuta(sorta), LEGO, I think, liked the design and kept it along the lines of that for all the others that had any version of it.

the worst mask was the Olmak. it was simply too big to be used in MOCing effectively as a mask without making a titan-proportioned character.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

The worst is easy: Garai. It is ugly in all possible ways. Of course the Elda is also hideous, but I still think the Garai is even worse.

The best is more difficult. I think the old masks from 2001 all had very unique, thoroughly thought designs. This doesn't mean that the 2004 Metru masks were any worse, though.

I'm gonna settle with the Kaukau, because it's transparent and shiny it has a feeling to it other masks lack. It was the only Kanohi designed on a computer, maybe that is the difference?

I agree with the above with respect to best. But as for worst, I think that the Ultimate Dume Kraahkan was the worst mask ever. It lacks appropriate connection points to any other head design. Plus, it isn't all that versatile for MOCing.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Best is the Vahi(Simple, but effective. Also, TIME TRAVUUUL)Worst is all of the Iginka masks(Not compatible with normal heads and they are far too ugly to be true.), but the Elda is the worst.

8% of the people epically wins with comic making. If you are the 92% that fails at it, copy and paste this into your sig

100% of people here are humans. If you are somehow a matoran, pate this in your sig.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9187

Don't you mean the Inika masks? And by the way, the Kadin looks amazing in my humble opinion...And the Sanok isn't that bad-looking. On a separate note, who else thinks the Black Phantom helmet looks a lot like a Sanok? A smaller, maybe modified Sanok? Anyone?

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Gali Nuva's mask. Looks like a cow. O.o

I knew I wasn't the only one!

Cow? That¨s a first one - before I've only heard of "pig". :P

But what difference does it make, a farm animal nevertheless.

I always thought it looked like a Gorilla

On another note, I dont see why so many people hate the Elda.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I would say the best is the Ignika. It has one of my favourite designs. But only in its Gold and Silver variants, not the horrid Glatorian one.

Worst, I would be VERY hard-pressed. So Instead I'll just list all the ones I consider the worst:All Glatorian helmets (not technically masks, but I despised the head design)The Elda, which makes Hahli look like she has a moustache,The sky-adapted Akaku, which looks nothing like its original or Nuva design

And the mistika Makuta masks because of the fact that they are all 'mutated' and as such useless for making an 'immoral' toa MOC with their masks.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Does the 03 rahkshi head count? If so, than it's definitely the best. It goes perfectly with any size MOC. If not, then the 01 noble Huna. As for the worst, I'll pick, like hundreds of other bionicle fans, the Elda. It looks horrible, and being an inika mask doesn't help.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 4 weeks later...

Worst mask... As a MOCer, I should tell you all that there isn't supposed to be a worst mask, since all masks (like regular parts) have nigh unlimited potential for MOCing. However, if I have to pick... It would either be KauKau Mistika, since the wings can be undesirable, and the same is true with the eyepatch... Or the Inika, since it's overused, and annoying to use since you have to incorporate a miniature person on the mask's front into the whole design too.

It's also a MacGuffin, which gives it more points in this category.

As for the best? I'd have to say all the rest. I've found something aesthetically pleasing in every mask, and all are able to be used for things other than masks. Shoulderpads, body armor, leg guards, weaponry, etc...

The best mask in my opinion is the Kakama and the Pakari. They just go well with almost anything that I build.

The worest mask in my opinion is Volitak. It honestly scares me. It reminds me of one of those face masks they put a murdere in. Or a skeleton face.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

For me, the best mask would be a tie between the Kraahkan and the Zatth.

I'd say the worst would be the Crast and the Mohtrek. Of the Makuta Mistika, I only ever disliked these two--the Felnas actually looks pretty cool. Also, I've always thought the Calix looked goofy. Never felt like it did Jaller any justice.

Actually, I found an interesting use for the pin holes on the swamp-adapted Kaukau Nuva, and the result turned out pretty well. I'll post the MOC once I've completed him.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I find the designs of the original six Great Masks all quite appealing. They are all very unique and each one conveys its own sort of personality. My personal favorite is the Pakari.

I think the worst ones would have to be the Zatth and the Pakari Nuva. The Zatth has a bizarre, messy... thing going on up front. The Pakari Nuva just simply looks gross :P

:s:

the Best Kanohi is simply the original 2001 Miru.

it had so much character, and the design fits its purpose.

the worst i have to choose from the Elda, zatth, the Makutas masks from 08 and so on... so many unfitting ugly masks with powers you cant take serious.

I think the best mask on my opinion is the Kanohi Kaukau, it just look so amazing and look awesome on MOCs like my selfMOC and my friend biomegamechdude (not on BZP) have MOC Silvi that have the mask. Plus out of the other Toa Mata's Kanohi, the Kaukau was design computer generated.

And I agree with you Taipu1 that the 2003 Kanohi Hau is the worst mask.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

As Varren Rehn said above, as a MOCist, no particular dislikes... I'd like to think that I can make a mask work some way or another, haha.

I also can't really list my favorites well, since there are so many. Original six (and maybe most of the Toa Metru's masks, too), if I had to pick.

Plus out of the other Toa Mata's Kanohi, the Kaukau was design computer generated.

It was?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I now actually think the Arthron is the best. It has a very nice amount of detail and Jallers one looks really nice in the colours that its in. There is also something about it that makes it look so heroic as well

As Varren Rehn said above, as a MOCist, no particular dislikes... I'd like to think that I can make a mask work some way or another, haha.

I also can't really list my favorites well, since there are so many. Original six (and maybe most of the Toa Metru's masks, too), if I had to pick.

Plus out of the other Toa Mata's Kanohi, the Kaukau was design computer generated.

It was?

Ya it was just go to the biosector01 and look at the Kaukau trivia

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

For the best, I'm divided between the Faxon and the Miru. The Faxon has such an aggressive appearance, and it looks all around awesome. The Miru combines smooth lines and sharp edges very well. I personally like how the chin angles up.

The Tryna is a close second. I feel it could have gone without the asymmetrical breathing apparatus design (or it could have had a symmetrical setup like the Faxon). Look at it straight on; it's almost too ghostly.

Tryna.PNG

Worst? Either the Garai or the Inika designs. I think the Garai would have been better off without the wide "fins" on the side. The Inika masks just don't have the compatibility of the other masks. I'm fine with them being made of rubber, but I would have liked them to have the mouth pin like the Metru masks.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama