UNSC Comm Channels (Halo: Forerunners Discussion)

Axilus Prime

Ship has been approved. As noted above.

Name: Henrietta "Hannibal" Williams

Species/Type: Human, Rogue ONI Agent (using ODST as a guideline here)

Rank: Captain (not an offical military rank, the crew calls her that)

Appearance: Henrietta could have been considered an attractive women, now a scar streches across her face and one of her eyes. Her eyes, minus the one she has been blinded in, are a light blue. Her hair is brown and typically pulled into a tight bun or a ponytail. She is somewhat pale when compared to most humans. She is fairly tall for a human, though a SPARTAN will still tower over her. Henrietta has had extensive combat training and this shows, her body is lithe and muscular and she moves into combat with a practiced ease. When outside of combat, she tends to wear a plain black uniform and an eyepatch. In combat, she wears a set of modified ODST armor. This armor sports a pure black design, so naturally, she uses it for night operations. During day operations she tends to use armor that blends into the surrounding landscape.

Loadout: She normally has the weapons listed below;

Primary Weapon: M7S Caseless Submachine Gun

Secondary Weapon: M319 Individual Grenade Launcher

Melee: Combat Knife

Gernades: Typically carries Plasma Gernades.

Armor Ability: Active Camouflage

Personality: Henrietta is a woman on a mission. Determination is a vital part of her personality, once she has commited to a course of action she will see it through to the bitter end. She is a pragmatic, logical and rational being, she never risks her resources needlessly and she doesn't throw them away in futile attempts to gain glory. She fights to win. Once she fought to save humanity....but now, she fights the UNSC with every resources avaliable to her. She will not rest until those responsible for the SPARTAN program have been brought to justice. On the surface, she has a light, cheerful personality, joking with her soldiers, verbally sparring with the ship's AI...but underneath that is steel. The best advice that one be given if one is standing between her and something she wants is....don't.

Skills: Henrietta is a skilled commander, she is able to organize her units effectively and keep their supplies in order. Due to her ONI background she is also skilled at hacking, infiltration and assassination. However she is somewhat weak in hand to hand combat, she needs the element of surprise to triumph in such a battle. She isn't an incompetent warrior, but she isn't a Spartan. Her power comes from her ability to organize her men and plan attacks, not in going mano el mano with the first enemy she comes across.

Backstory: Once a loyal ONI operative, Henrietta served with distinction during the Human-Covenant War. However, after she learned the turth about the SPARTAN program she went off the grid. As it turns out, one of the children abducted for the program was a member of her family and, understandably angered by this, she has sworn to bring the UNSC down for what it has done. She is currently leading a force of alien and human insurgents. They appear to operate from a repurposed Covenant Corvette. For the past year they have harrassing UNSC shipping and outposts. In general, she appears to be doing her utmost to make sure the UNSC is as uncomfortable as possible. Any ONI agent sent after her or sent to infiltrate her ship has always been sent back in a state of dismemberment.

Weaknesses: As noted above, she is far from being a SPARTAN. If she enters melee combat alone, it is likely she will lose. She is skilled in ranged combat and leading her men, man to woman duels are not her forte and she will doing everything in her power to avoid them. If one could get her away from her followers, she would be much easier to defeat. Without them, she's just a soldier. A good one, but no match for a Spartan.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Name: Rex-G124

Species/Type: Human, SPARTAN-IV

Appearance: Rex is relatively pale, with black hair and piercing golden eyes. Armor is black and gold. Stands just under six feet tall.

Armor- Helmet: Dragon (a new, experimental armor system designed to demoralize the enemy. Appearance is similar to a Kanohi Avokii with a CQB-esque gold visor)

Chest: Venator (w/ Raptor skin)

Shoulder: Customized Hayabusa (lacks the white parts)Forearms: FOTUS

Legs: Bulk

Loadout: Primary- M395 Designated Marksman Rifle, with the Noble skin

Secondary- M45D Tactical Shotgun

Grenade- Type-1 Antipersonnel grenade

Armor Ability- Hologram

Tactical Package- Firepower

Support Upgrade- Dexterity

Personality: Usually quiet, but is an excellent leader. He respects the Sangheili for their assistance in defeating the Covenant, but holds contempt for Jul 'Mdama's faction. Despite being absorbed into the SPARTAN-IV Program, he does not fully trust any members of the Program in combat, except for other former members of the SPARTAN-III Program.

Skills: Hand-to-hand and close-quarters combat, assault tactics, leadership

Backstory: Originally a SPARTAN-III Headhunter, Rex hails from Tantalus, which was glassed by the Covenant. Similar to Carter-A259, he was older than the other recruits by several years, but qualified nonetheless. He participated in multiple battles, and qualified to become a Headhunter. Surprisingly, he and his partner survived multiple suicide missions, until she was killed during a firefight on the Ark. Enraged, Rex took on several Covenant lances, killing their low-ranking Jiralhanae leaders, Grunts, and Jackals, before help showed up in the form of ODSTs. He, along with other surviving SPARTAN-IIIs, were selected to join the SPARTAN-IV Program, where he was posted on the Infinity. He participated in the First and Second Battles of Requiem. He leads Talon Squad.

Weaknesses: Not trusting others, snipers (absolutely hates them), authority, in some cases, rushing headlong into battles

If anyone wants, their Spartans can be members of Talon Squad.

Edited by Delta Titan Sparta

So, here are my profiles:

Name: Meredith Black
Species/Type: Human/Spartan-IV
Appearance: Outside of her armor, a tall, brown haired, brown eyed woman. Inside her armor, this.
Loadout:
Primary Weapon: M90 Shotgun
Secondary Weapon: M6A handgun
Grenade Type: Frag
Armor Ability: Sprint
Tactical Package: Shield Package
Support Upgrade: Explosives
Personality: Quiet, happy to fight. Mostly stays by herself.
Skills: Good close at range combat.
Backstory: Meredith grew up on Earth and became an ODST during the war against the Covenant. She accepted the offer to become a SPARTAN-IV so she would be better prepared to fight anything that comes her way. She is incredibly awed by Forerunner technology, but feels that worshiping them is wrong.
Weaknesses: Is very bad at aiming weapons, and fights up close.
Name: Benjamin Grimpen
Species/Type: Human/ODST
Appearance: A slender, tall man with brown hair and dark blue eyes. His suit is grey and black.
Loadout:
Primary Weapon: MA5D Machine Gun
Secondary Weapon: System 99 Sniper Rifle
Grenade Type: Smoke Grenade
Armor Ability: Active Camoflouge
Tactical Package: Firepower
Support Upgrade: Ammo
Personality: Cold, distant. He focuses on finishing the mission before anything else.
Skills: Good shot, stealth.
Backstory: Ben joined the military to fight for humanity, and became an ODST. He is the leader of a covert ops strike team of fellow ODSTs. He refused the process to become a SPARTAN-IV, because he though that becoming one would make him less human, as they have all of their special physical enhancements. The names of his fellow ODSTs are Johnson, King, Rex, Wood, and Stone.
Weaknesses: In open combat, he is ineffective. He is more suited for covert ops.
Name: Hir
Species/Type: Jackal (Storm Convenant)
Appearance: Typical for a Jackal. One of his hands is robotic.
Loadout:
Primary Weapon: Fuel Rod Gun
Secondary Weapon: Plasma Pistol
Grenade Type: Plasma Grenade
Personality: Sadistic, evil, criminally insane. Extreme malevolence.
Skills: Very good aiming, torturing.
Backstory: Hir used to be a high ranking member of a Jackal gang, but in an accident he doesn't like to remember, his hand was shot and had to be replaced. He joined the Storm Covenant to get his revenge on the humans, and typically works in interrogation.
Weakness: He doesn't have shields or armor so he can carry his Fuel Rod.
Name: Chel 'Zacan
Species/Type: Elite (Arbiter Follower)
Appearance: Typical for an Elite. One of his mandibles is broken off.
Loadout:
Primary Weapon: Type-51 Directed Energy Rifle/Improved
Secondary Weapon: Plasma Sword
Personality: Very proud, and brave. He never backs away from a fight.
Skills: Exceptional skill with sword. Good close range fighting.
Backstory: Chel 'Zacan joined the Elite military at young age, and joined the Covenant. He used to be a brave fighter for the Covenant, but broke off when the Arbiter did so. He views the Storm Covenant as crazy heretics. He simply wants to live a normal life, but is still in military service.
Weaknesses: Is not the best at aiming, and would rather fight up close.
Name: Matthew Formigan
Species/Type: Human/Civilian
Job: Politician (High ranked Military branch, high enough he has one Marine for a body guard.)
Appearance: A medium height, grey haired, man. He has a slight scar over his left eye from former combat experience. Both eyes are light grey.
Loadout: Magnam
Personality: Good natured, sense of humor.
Skills: A great politician. He always reaches across the aisle.
Backstory: Matthew Formigan used to be a Marine. He fought bravely, but eventually had to retire. He couldn't bear to leave fighting for humanity, so he got a job in the military branch of the government, and quickly rose the ranks of the system. He is about 68 years old.
Weaknesses: He is a politician, so he has no combat skills whatsoever. He does have some basic skills, but he has forgotten most of his military training, and is no longer in the shape where he could use it.

Let me know if anything is wrong. Where can I jump in? (Also, why am I the first person to have non-SPARTAN characters?)
Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

No.

Just no.

There is literally no biological reason Jackals can't use that weapon.

At all.

None. Nada.

Nothing.

It's just silly.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well, this is based on gameplay more than anything, right?

.....See. The thing about TBRPGs.

They aren't video games. You want something faithful to gameplay, go boot up the game itself. The Halo Universe is so much more then the games.

RPGs don't have to bow down to the limitations of the games. Jackals are pirates. Pirates. They won't bloody care what weapons they use. Sure, they might have training with the weapons you mentioned, so they might use them more, but there is no reason-at all-to limit them to that.

Edited by Basilisk

Humans don't have hollow bones. The average human is more robust than the average Jackal (albeit the ones in Halo 4 look more muscular). Our bones our thicker, and to power thicker bones, you need bigger muscles.

The Jackals have their own space ships. Even before the Covies got em.

Building giant space ships requires heavy lifting.

I'm gonna chime in on Basilisk's side here.

There literally is no logical reason they couldn't, since as he has stated, building spaceships requires heavy lifting. And even if you devise an alternate way to lift, heaving lifting was still involved in the first place.

Plus, the game's mechanics work that way to keep things balanced, and to maintain different effectiveness levels of enemies. We don't have that issue here.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Yeah.

I mean, if the marines fight like they do in the game, then I'll be able to slice through them with basic combined arms tactics.

I wouldn't even have to get....creative.

....You all love it when I get creative don't you?

*glares at Axilus jokingly*I apologize Canis, but he's gonna have to look at yours. Weapon rules are finicky.About your politician: What's his modern day rank equivalent?Delta, approved.

For my politician's rank, I don't have a specific rank, but how about just high enough so that he has one average Marine for a bodyguard? I don't think any of my characters except for the Jackal have should have problems with their weapons. Also, this was skipped over, where can I jump in once my characters are approved?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Ok, what exactly is Drop Recon supposed to do on an actual battlefield? It only works in the War Games simulations.

The Jackal can have a Fuel Rod Gun if he has light armor (Like a Jackal Minor instead of a Heavy) and no shield.

You can spawn anywhere.

So, edit in something about lack of shield and lighter armor, change Drop Recon to something else, and they're all approved.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Name: YipjapSpecies/Type: Unggony/Grunt, Minor (Arbiter's Side)Gender: MaleRank: MinorAppearance: A normal looking Unggony for a Minor.Loadout:Main Weapon: NeedlerSecondary: NoneGrenade Type: PlasmaTactical Package: NoneUpgrade Support: NonePersonality: Like most Unggonies, Yipjap is very cowardly and will flee immediately when things take a turn for the worse. He does, however, show boldness when facing enemies, but only if its typically just one. If not, he will run faster than a Jackal back to his group.Biography: Yipjap was born on the Unggoy home planet of Balaho, and was placed into the army with several other grunts. He served the Covenant for a long period of time until after the events of Halo 3, where he began to follow Arbiter. He wasn't always a soldier, and in fact, served as a mechanic for the Covenant, repairing Ghosts and other vehicles operated by the Covenant. During the events of Halo 4, he finally became a soldier in the army, but still works as a mechanic whenever he isn't fighting in the field of battle.Skills: Yipjap has experience in repairing Covenant vehicles, and serves as a part time Mechanic whenever he isn't going on a mission.Weaknesses: Like all Unggoys, Yipjap is weak alone, and is easy to kill, which is why he always stays in a large group, or behind an Elite, seeing how they are a lot stronger than the other races in the army.

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

The first was a typo :P

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I never pay any attention to the grunts names and actual language. I'll wait for Alixus to see

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

Aren't Grunt names supposed to be repeating (ie Yipyip, Flipyap)? Sorry for being a stickler, Zacax, I'm kinda the Halo equivalent of a Trekkie.

A: They don't have to be, that's common but not a rule. B: You really need to stop being a stickler for this stuff. Like a comment I made in regards to another RPG, paraphrased to fit this:

"This is Halo: Forerunners. We're going to deviate from canon/gameplay just because we aren't the developers."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now