Do You Like Tahu Mistika?

Sumiki

Do you like Tahu Mistika  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A poll for -Knight Rider2000-.

I love Tahu Mistika. He is one of my favourite sets ever. His mask is the greatest Bionicle mask ever(tied with 2003 Takanuva's). I like his jet things and his weapon is neat. Anyone else like it? I always see people bash it.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Tahu looked so cool with that Mask. Perhaps the shield didn't suit his personality as much as some of his other weapons, but it's not a like using a sword is feasable in that kind of high speed and movement action, right? So it is logical for his adaptive armor to have chosen that look for him.

He's OK to me. He has good pieces, and a good look, but he has a few too many blue pins.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I said "he's OK". At the time he was released, I liked some design decisions and disliked others. His wings and jets, for instance, were awesome through and through, but the fact that he had the same torso as Mistika Gali Nuva was a disappointment after the Phantoka sets all had different torso armor. His leg armor's slim look was awkward, but I felt it contributed to his unique design in some ways. His mask was OK, but not excellent-- the silhouette and forehead were fantastic, but I had been hoping for his "cheek vents/pockets" to be kept in some way or another. His weapon was amazingly creative and beautifully designed, but it didn't in my opinion have the same nostalgic value a fire sword of some kind would have had. His color scheme was originally a great disappointment for me. I had really liked the Phantoka color schemes, which used a dark stone grey armor color along with a vibrant primary color. So the Mistika's change to a silver armor color with darker, bolder primary colors was not to my liking, and I spent quite a lot of time visualizing how my ideal "Phantoka Tahu Nuva" would be built. The color scheme grew on me, though, as it maintained a strong level of contrast. If I were able to change the past, though, I would certainly have had him and Gali use bright red and bright blue over dark stone grey, which I feel is a more appealing color scheme overall. He completely met expectations in other ways, though-- for instance, by using the same feet and lower limbs as I had visualized him with even before the set came out. I liked the design of Phantoka Kopaka Nuva and wanted to mirror it with Tahu, who was the leader of his team and always a strong-willed emotional foil to Kopaka's cold detachment. The mask, as I mentioned, had good and bad qualities, but it was not too much unlike Solek's which I had visualized as a good stylistic basis for Tahu's own new mask. Overall, Mistika Tahu Nuva was a set I greatly enjoyed, but there are ways I could have enjoyed it more. It was not an ideal depiction of the character, but it was a sufficient one from my own perspective.

I voted 'meh'. I didn't have much of an opinion on him either way. If he's retained his classic colour scheme, I almost certainly would have given him a better vote, but as he stands... certainly didn't hate him, but I didn't think he was anything special, either.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I love the new Tahu, I like the mask. The rocket booster things are pretty cool. I'm not sure how he would look with armor, but his chest looks kinda unprotected.

Just because my sig is confusing Doesn'tmean it doesn't seem strangely awesome. how will you read this when it is invisible? But now you won't get just bits and pieces of something, then it would be something completly different.? Just highlight it to reveal the secret! It can be quite interesting...

~Power of Gresh~

If you can solve the Rubik's Cube in under a minute, PM me!

His jets were ok, messed up his posing ability, but looked cool. However, I didn't like how he was shorter than the more regular stuff mo AKA and lew had in that year. Also, some of his armor, the ones using the metro Nui armor, looked very skinny. Also, his mask seemed a bit weird to me, and his weapon, a shield, didn't fit his personality like a sword.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

• 2 weeks later...

He's Okay, I'd have to say I prefered the Mistika Mask to the Nuva mask, never liked the many of the Nuva masks, it seemed to me Lego just went "Lets make them all bigger than the old ones." As for the rest of him, he looks alright, just wish his joints had broken so quickly http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Absolutely not. The set captures nothing of his original character. The only thing he has going for him is that he's slightly better than the rest of the Mistika in that he, you know, doesn't look somewhere between a poorly designed villain and being simply poorly designed.- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

• 1 year later...

I hated him because he does not have a sword and his shield sucks and all tahu's should have a sword.It needs a sword and the ghost blaster gets stuck. lewa's sword and a skyblaster work great on him though. Don't say i don't like tahu he is my favorite chareter but he just does not seem to me to be "Tahu" if you know what i mean he has a shield for crying out loud i mean he has the nuva mask of shielding I wish he was more like adaptive armour equiped tahu nuva origanal

Edited by UltToaNovaJoshNova

All aboard the HypeTrain. We Leave Bionicle Station Jan 1 2015.

I hated him because he does not have a sword and his shield sucks and all tahu's should have a sword.It needs a sword and the ghost blaster gets stuff. lewa's sword and a skyblaster work great on him though. Don't say i don't like tahu he is my favorite chareter but he just does not seem to me to be "Tahu" if you know what i mean he has a shield for crying out loud i mean he has the nuva mask of shielding I wish he was more like adaptive armour equiped tahu nuva origanal

The last post in this topic was over a year ago.

Thread closed for revival.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]