Well, well, well...

Tahakki

Yesterday, ten years ago, a kid created an account on a message board he'd been lurking for quite some time. He chose the username 'tahakki-nuva', and thus began a very fine ten years of memories, new friends, stories told, creations unveiled and all the rest of it.

You probably haven't seen me around lately, the last time I was really active on here was probably before Bionicle itself ended. I've gone by various names: tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky (yeah, I was one of that troublesome BZPRPG generation!), Mister Brown Sauce, Dougal and Tahakki. I recently logged onto BZP after quite a long hiatus to see that, to my immense sadness, the ever-predictable exodus of members seems to have begun. I'm posting this is General Discussion - time was, this forum was a thriving hub of people talking, let's face it, absolute rubbish. But it was absolutely glorious. :P

Now BZP seems to have quietened down a lot, which is of course understandable. I don't know who's still around. I hope some old faces are, but I know that all of my old friends from the RPGs I played have gone their own ways.

Anyway, forgive an old-timer rambling. I just thought I'd share some of my favourite memories of this place, and Bionicle generally, and I hope you'll all do the same!

MNOLG: Oh my, this was the game of games. The amount of hours I probably sunk into this number in the hundreds. I remember waiting desperately for the next area to open, checking the BZP news (or was it Kanohi Power then?) for clues and dates. It was a very slow affair as broadband wasn't widely available then! Indeed, we were fairly early adopters here in the UK and my most vivid memory of the speed increase is how quickly the drummer in Le-Koro's arms moved.

@kaku Kopaka Nuva's avatar shop: The first topic I ever posted in, I believe, along with Tarau's Edits. These people are longgggg gone, presumably.

Matoran Madness!: The first topic in the library forums I ever followed, it was a really silly comedy about a group of characters living in a house. I'd love to go back and read it at some point, but I'm having real difficulty accessing the archives. I hope they're not gone for good. :'(

Heir of the Chronicler: A super-cool chap who used to make custom masks and parts over in the marketplace. I don't know if he's still around.

Rayg's Sprite Kit: Ohhohohohoo. This was a big 'un. The sprite kit that spawned a million different comics, games and animations. I hope Rayg knows what he's done. It's probably one of the most influential pieces of artwork on the internet.

BBC Contests: These were and presumably still are awesome. I remember entering 8, and maybe 23? Can't quite recall, it was a long time ago and they really were dreadful MOCs!

Staff pranks: VahkiPower, KimPower, Toa cookbook, changing Omi's name every two weeks...the staff pranks never failed to be both hilarious and utterly bewildering. I hope there's one this year.

GregF and Bonesii: The storyline ninjas, the masters of lore. These two people almost single-handedly made the S&T forum one of the most interesting places to be.

RPGs: Here we come to what was, to me, the most important part of BZPower: the RPG forum. I started playing in late 2007, on An Ode to Mata-Nui (which was cool) and the BZPRPG (which was incredible). I played for probably around three years, but in that time it consumed probably the majority of my life. I abolutely adored it. A few changes in setting meant I felt myself drift a bit but I will keep the memories of the Kin, the United Shadow and the Santun forever. I miss my characters, particularly Taragii and The Shifter, a lot. I'd like to thank all the people that made the BZPRPG what it was at that time - Dr Bionicle, Smeag, Black Six, Friar Tuck, Emzee, Sera, Josh, Yukiko, Munki, Sets, The Captain, Shark, Yosh, Mout, Lloyd, Pohaka, Hak, Dwin, CJ, Nihi and anyone else I've forgotten. You were all fantastic.

I should also probably say thanks to the staff and the wonderful members! You all made this place what it was and is, and I'd love to hear your memories. It's been a karz of a ride. Thanks guys, I love you all. :)

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

Interesting to hear about some things that came quite a while before I had even heard of the site. XD

Some things I do know- BBC contests recently returned, and so did Vaal (Heir) after a hiatus.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Interesting to hear about some things that came quite a while before I had even heard of the site. XD

Some things I do know- BBC contests recently returned, and so did Vaal (Heir) after a hiatus.

How long were BBCs in stasis for?

Edited by Tahakki
[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

Interesting to hear about some things that came quite a while before I had even heard of the site. XDSome things I do know- BBC contests recently returned, and so did Vaal (Heir) after a hiatus.

How long were BBCs in stasis for?
I don't know I havent seen one since I joined(November) till Februari. There is going to be one somewhere in April if you're intrested. Also Heir of the Chronicler is still here, and so does Bonesii, GregF(Sometimes, thanks to Erebus),Smeag, Black6, Emzee, Friar Tuck, and probably some more who changed their name.

I'm back!

Oh believe me, the Halo kit put the bionicle one to shame in terms of popularity. I still see it popping up everywhere and get e-mails asking when I'll finish the Arbiter.

Anyway don't be afraid to stick around - Bionicle may be over, but BZP sure isn't!

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Matoran Madness!: The first topic in the library forums I ever followed, it was a really silly comedy about a group of characters living in a house. I'd love to go back and read it at some point, but I'm having real difficulty accessing the archives. I hope they're not gone for good. :'(

Oh, no, that's simply the result of yet-another-hacker-attack. They'll be fixed....... sometime. Hopefully before the Hot Topics and Member Spotlight start working again, since that'll most likely be somewhere in November 2375.

RPGs: Here we come to what was, to me, the most important part of BZPower: the RPG forum. I started playing in late 2007, on An Ode to Mata-Nui (which was cool) and the BZPRPG (which was incredible). I played for probably around three years, but in that time it consumed probably the majority of my life. I abolutely adored it. A few changes in setting meant I felt myself drift a bit but I will keep the memories of the Kin, the United Shadow and the Santun forever. I miss my characters, particularly Taragii and The Shifter, a lot. I'd like to thank all the people that made the BZPRPG what it was at that time - Dr Bionicle, Smeag, Black Six, Friar Tuck, Emzee, Sera, Josh, Yukiko, Munki, Sets, The Captain, Shark, Yosh, Mout, Lloyd, Pohaka, Hak, Dwin, CJ, Nihi and anyone else I've forgotten. You were all fantastic. -snip-I should also probably say thanks to the staff and the wonderful members! You all made this place what it was and is, and I'd love to hear your memories. It's been a karz of a ride. Thanks guys, I love you all. :)

Somehow I get the impression Mr. McSmeag loves you as well. Then again, Smeag loves (nearly) everyone ;)Oh, and I totally never spoke to you on Skype or anything. You ain't tellin' nothing, kid.

Edited by Zeene

iquXD5X.png

Oh, no, that's simply the result of yet-another-hacker-attack. They'll be fixed....... sometime. Hopefully before the Hot Topics and Member Spotlight start working again, since that'll most likely be somewhere in November 2375.

>RPGs: Here we come to what was, to me, the most important part of BZPower: the RPG forum. I started playing in late 2007, on An Ode to Mata-Nui (which was cool) and the BZPRPG (which was incredible). I played for probably around three years, but in that time it consumed probably the majority of my life. I abolutely adored it. A few changes in setting meant I felt myself drift a bit but I will keep the memories of the Kin, the United Shadow and the Santun forever. I miss my characters, particularly Taragii and The Shifter, a lot. I'd like to thank all the people that made the BZPRPG what it was at that time - Dr Bionicle, Smeag, Black Six, Friar Tuck, Emzee, Sera, Josh, Yukiko, Munki, Sets, The Captain, Shark, Yosh, Mout, Lloyd, Pohaka, Hak, Dwin, CJ, Nihi and anyone else I've forgotten. You were all fantastic. -snip-I should also probably say thanks to the staff and the wonderful members! You all made this place what it was and is, and I'd love to hear your memories. It's been a karz of a ride. Thanks guys, I love you all. :)

Somehow I get the impression Mr. McSmeag loves you as well. Then again, Smeag loves (nearly) everyone ;)Oh, and I totally never spoke to you on Skype or anything. You ain't tellin' nothing, kid.

Smeag hates everything, but loves everybody. True story.

Anyway what up tahakki-nuva, i remember you. I'm no longer the supreme despot of the BZPRPG but if someone puts a hit on Aaron, I'd be more than happy to take over again and stay forever this time.

Note: do not actually put a hit on Aaron. I love him and he is super super cool.

bring back "an cool dude"