Seems Too Much Of A Coincidence

Pointing out the obvious, why is Makuhero's name so similar to Makuta? Is LEGO planning something? I really wanna hear your thoughts if you think this is just a coincidence, or something else.

Indubitably a coincidence. Makuhero is inspired from "Make-you-Hero", the fact that it sounds similar to Makuta is coincidence. Plus, the only thing they have in common is that they start with "Maku". You could say that the Ga-Matoran Maku could be Makuta in disguise. Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Do not trust corrupted memories.

It has been stated that HF is in another dimension. In no way will Makuta randomly pop up.

I guess. But wouldn't an Olmak be able to travel across dimensions? If this were to take place in another time when Makuta was not killed, it would make sense in a way. However, I'd doubt he'd use an Olmak.

Deus-Ex.jpg

"I like everyone, Dr. Reed."

It has been stated that HF is in another dimension. In no way will Makuta randomly pop up.

I guess. But wouldn't an Olmak be able to travel across dimensions? If this were to take place in another time when Makuta was not killed, it would make sense in a way. However, I'd doubt he'd use an Olmak.
Sorry, their keeping HF simple for the little kids its themed for.. but... I guess they could say guy from another dimension named Makuta... :P

Yes, he could ,but it also has been confirmed Makuta is DEAD. He got a moon through the head, I don't think he'd survive. lolSo, it is literally impossible for him to be anywhere right now.

Of course Makuta always has a back-up plan... :P It would be hilarious if Berix met Surge 1.0. Edited by PowerMiner

Sorry, their keeping HF simple for the little kids its themed for.. but... I guess they could say guy from another dimension named Makuta... :P

Yes, he could ,but it also has been confirmed Makuta is DEAD. He got a moon through the head, I don't think he'd survive. lolSo, it is literally impossible for him to be anywhere right now.

Of course Makuta always has a back-up plan... :P
I see where you're going here, keeping it simple. @YJLTG I'm saying like in ANOTHER time before he was killed, not during his death. Makuta always has back up plans though.

Deus-Ex.jpg

His anti dermis was destroyed when he left his body which means his "soul" was completely binded with the robot.He is as dead as a door nob now.

For the record, there are plenty of different alt. dimension makuta, including those in the main alt. dimension that mazeka met and were still light, as they had not corrupted to shadow. Given that the makuta in the main universe corrupted to shadow, and Von Nebula corrupted to shadow, perhaps another makuta from a different universe is in makuhero city. Not to mention it doesn't sound like teridax, but rather makuta, meaning it could refer to the species itself or another member of said species, rather than Teridax himself.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

His anti dermis was destroyed when he left his body which means his "soul" was completely binded with the robot.He is as dead as a door nob now.

For the record, there are plenty of different alt. dimension makuta, including those in the main alt. dimension that mazeka met and were still light, as they had not corrupted to shadow. Given that the makuta in the main universe corrupted to shadow, and Von Nebula corrupted to shadow, perhaps another makuta from a different universe is in makuhero city. Not to mention it doesn't sound like teridax, but rather makuta, meaning it could refer to the species itself or another member of said species, rather than Teridax himself.
True, though HF is not an alt. reality of BIONICLE. It is its own reality.

67685335.jpg             

True, though HF is not an alt. reality of BIONICLE. It is its own reality.
Didn't you say it was rather a different dimension? It'd make sense if Brutaka, or a Makuta, could warp to the dimension through the Olmak.

Deus-Ex.jpg

Pointing out the obvious, why is Makuhero's name so similar to Makuta? Is LEGO planning something? I really wanna hear your thoughts if you think this is just a coincidence, or something else.

Indubitably a coincidence. Makuhero is inspired from "Make-you-Hero", the fact that it sounds similar to Makuta is coincidence. Plus, the only thing they have in common is that they start with "Maku". You could say that the Ga-Matoran Maku could be Makuta in disguise.
Incidentally, my twin brother and I were worried about the Maku-Makuta name similarity when we first played the MNOG. Stranger danger aside, would you ride in a boat with someone who for all you know could be the Lord of All Evil?But in all seriousness, Mr. Makuro or Makuhero City being related to Makuta would be just stupid. Part of the reason Hero Factory was created, as a theme, was to create a theme that didn't require fans to know story details from several years ago in order to fully enjoy it. Connecting Hero Factory to BIONICLE in a way like this would make the theme worse than both themes are on their own, because it would be making a connection between two entirely different stories.Hero Factory is separate from BIONICLE, and it's not just a "separate dimensions" thing-- they're not even part of the same story. It's the same deal with why the Olmak can't be used to travel to Earth-- earth doesn't exist in any form in the BIONICLE universe. Also the same reason why the Olmak couldn't be used to travel to Hogwarts, or Tatooine, or Middle-Earth.Meanwhile, expecting a connection just because two characters share the first four letters of their names is a real stretch. Icarax has the first four letters in his name as Icarus from Greek mythology. Does that mean that he is really an Ancient Greek mythological hero who used teleportation magic to jump into an entirely different fictional universe? If a BIONICLE character had the same first four letters in their name as a Pokemon, would that mean that they came from the Pokemon universe?Overall, it's not "too much of a coincidence". It's just a coincidence, plain and simple, and other than that coincidence there is not even the slightest similarity between Makuta and Mr. Makuro.

It's definitely a coincidence. For this matter, you could say Muaka or Maku sound like Makuhero. :P Maybe that matoran Maku became a hero. :) (pun, not literally)

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.