A while back, I devised an idea for a custom torso using Hordika torso pieces. This was the result.

I didn't know what to give him for weapons, so I settled with a sword and shield. Somehow, that led me to think of him as something more of a warrior than a hunter, and the name "Sir Vamprah" just stuck to him.

Main Pic

Front

Back

Pose

Comparison with Toa Nidhiki

Giving Nidhiki a good Spartan Kick

Gallery

Comments and criticism welcome.

Next MOC: Royal Dragon (SBC)

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Hordika torsos are definitely neglected parts, and I'm glad you were able to make some use of them. He's quite tall and thin, which adds to the creepiness, but it makes his shield look puny. It's a nice shield for a smaller MOC, but I would suggest making it bigger here.Also for some reason I keep thinking you could have done the shoulders a bit better? They just sort of poke up. If you bulked them out a bit that might be a nice place to add wings.If you have another silver Visorak foot, I'd put that on the lower torso instead of the Metru blue one to keep the layering consistent.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Thanks, guys!

be warned. he may seem like a sir, but in reality he is a ruffian! I like that shield. it's pretty clever in the designs. those shoulder attachments are pretty cool too. I honestly can not tell if his mask is Gavla's or Vamprah's.

It's Vamprah's. Gavla has a much more rounded face and bigger eyes.

Hordika torsos are definitely neglected parts, and I'm glad you were able to make some use of them. He's quite tall and thin, which adds to the creepiness, but it makes his shield look puny. It's a nice shield for a smaller MOC, but I would suggest making it bigger here.Also for some reason I keep thinking you could have done the shoulders a bit better? They just sort of poke up. If you bulked them out a bit that might be a nice place to add wings.If you have another silver Visorak foot, I'd put that on the lower torso instead of the Metru blue one to keep the layering consistent.

You're quite right about them being neglected. I can almost understand why, after building this guy. The shoulders were a pain to figure out, and I was not happy with the result. I tried to perfect the design on my Alternate Teridax a couple times, but as you noted, it doesn't quite work for him, either. I might be able to add wings, though. That was something I hadn't thought of.

As for the shield, I was thinking something along the lines of the smaller shields used in ancient Greece(?). Could be wrong on the location, but I recalled seeing pictures of ancient warriors with fairly small shields. Though you are right; for a character of his stature, a larger shield would be better. I actually might have something for that.

I don't have a silver Viso-foot on hand, but I can add one later and upload pictures when he's fixed up. Thanks for the advice!

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

Nidihki looks nice, I'm planning on doing a MoC of him too! Vamprah looks a little too broad-shouldered though. But his shield is ingenious!

Thanks. Actually, the shoulders aren't much wider than your average Inika torso. It was mainly an experiment to see what I could do with the Hordika torso. I'll be trying to add wings to him maybe tomorrow. The shield does work for him, but, as Sumiki pointed out, it might fit better on a smaller character. I may try something like that, too.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~