BZPower Buys LEGO

I'm glad this is finally being announced. It's been hard to keep a lid on how awesome this was to hear of in the planning stages.

Yeah, I doubt you have/had fourteen-point-six billion dollars on you. The very idea makes me laugh. A lot :superfunny:

:tounge:

We certainly don't have it anymore! :P But in all seriousness, there was an anonymous donor. Or at least that is my understanding. =) And the amount was actually a bit more, which was why the sale went through, after all. Money talks. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah, I doubt you have/had fourteen-point-six billion dollars on you. The very idea makes me laugh. A lot

But how much would the rights to one franchise (for example, Bionicle) cost? And not even the manufacturing of the toys, just rights to the canon?

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

Yeah, I doubt you have/had fourteen-point-six billion dollars on you. The very idea makes me laugh. A lot

But how much would the rights to one franchise (for example, Bionicle) cost? And not even the manufacturing of the toys, just rights to the canon?

Galidor would probably be up in the billions, being so loved and whatnot.

- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IDK for sure. But I'm estimating about 20 grand.

Probably waaaaay more than that. You know how much you can make off a franchise like Bionicle, right?Anyway, wonder if they will combine the purple parts with the Hapori Tohu set to create a purple Hapori Tohu.

iquXD5X.png

I was expecting for something better from you guys, honestly.

(Like, buying the Tour Eiffel. It would have given you much more money...)

-sarcasm ends here-

Nope. I'm refusing to believe this considering the day this story is posted up on.

Have some faith. Just because it's April 1st doesn't mean it's a prank. Believe me, I was a little skeptical at first, but after more and more premier and staff members agreed, I agreed with them. After all, we're not supposed to lie, cheat, or steal on BZP. Thus, if this was a prank, it would be a cruel one.

Oh, yeah, then if you suspect something to be a staff prank you go and fully trust the staffies. How logic. :P

DON'T FROGET TO BRING BACK HTE WOODEN DUCKS!!!!!!!1!!11!!!

duck.jpg

Make that out of the new purple pieces.

Now I'll be right back, just gotta explode out of sheer awesome first.

iquXD5X.png

This really is the best thing to happen to BZP in forever. The question is, who actually owns LEGO? Is it B6, or somebody else?

For that matter, does that mean that FA's and FM's and such now have power in LEGO's hierarchy? In other words, when I enact my evil plan to become a moderator, can I get infinite LEGO? =D

I'm sensing that many are misinterpreting due to today's date (it's actually April 1st lol! maybe not the best timing, but oh well). We do usually have pranks on this day, but stay tuned -- the actual prank may come later in the day (I'm not really sure if one is planned, but this has been in the works for a long time). Understandable misconception, but you'll see tomorrow. :)

Of course, we've done pranks going longer than one day, if bad mem serves, but ah well. Eventually. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm sensing that many are misinterpreting due to today's date (it's actually April 1st lol! maybe not the best timing, but oh well). We do usually have pranks on this day, but stay tuned -- the actual prank may come later in the day (I'm not really sure if one is planned, but this has been in the works for a long time). Understandable misconception, but you'll see tomorrow. :)

Of course, we've done pranks going longer than one day, if bad mem serves, but ah well. Eventually. :P

Bones, if you're going to tell me that you guys faked a post by GregF to do an April 1st stunt like this, I will be so angry. :burnmad: Like that.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Bones, if you're going to tell me that you guys faked a post by GregF to do an April 1st stunt like this, I will be so angry. :burnmad: Like that.

I agree. Seems a bit odd to me. All the Forum Leaders seem to know a bit too much about all this Greg stuff.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Bravo, BZP, bravo indeed. Hopefully the statement "bringing you all the quality building toys you've come to know and love over the years" includes bringing back BIONICLE. Considering Premier memberships have been profitable enough to buy LEGO, who knows how successful BIONICLE's return could be if managed by BZP now.

EDIT: I noticed they did.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Bravo, BZP, bravo indeed. Hopefully the statement "bringing you all the quality building toys you've come to know and love over the years" includes bringing back BIONICLE. Considering Premier memberships have been profitable enough to buy LEGO, who knows how successful BIONICLE's return could be if managed by BZP now.

did what, exactly?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

did what, exactly?

Brought back BIONICLE.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I was kidding before. This is real. Click here for more information.

Would've been a good joke, if it weren't for the fact that mouseover-cursors existed.Oh, and to our now Overlords: Where are my Lego-themes sandwiches.

iquXD5X.png

Entertaining, but the April Fools' jokes have really deteriorated in scope. :/

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Aaaaaand the Greg post has changed everything. My current theories;

The two are unrelated OR

they convinced Greg to be in on this (seems heavily likely now) ORthis post is fake, Greg's is real (preferred) ORthis post is real, Greg's is fake (not as preferred)

How can I sleep now?!

Waaah, I just KNOW in the morning the other thread will be a hoax TT_TT but Word Of God means it's hard not to believe. It's like the plot of the universe!

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I was kidding before. This is real. Click here for more information.

Would've been a good joke, if it weren't for the fact that mouseover-cursors existed.

I liked it. :shrugs:

Finally time they let the REAL Lego fans run Lego. Now the only question how much of the profit does member get. I propose Staff members (includes reporters) get 10%, administrators get 15%, Premiers get 5%, Premier and non-premier outstanding citizens get 25%, Tohu gets 20% the rest goes to resources.. This would only be for active members though. Also I suggest make a theme centered on classic literature.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I'm sensing that many are misinterpreting due to today's date (it's actually April 1st lol! maybe not the best timing, but oh well). We do usually have pranks on this day, but stay tuned -- the actual prank may come later in the day (I'm not really sure if one is planned, but this has been in the works for a long time). Understandable misconception, but you'll see tomorrow. :) Of course, we've done pranks going longer than one day, if bad mem serves, but ah well. Eventually. :P

I agree. Seems a bit odd to me. All the Forum Leaders seem to know a bit too much about all this Greg stuff.
Add me to that list. I mean, admins can break into someone's account if necessary, but if they do that with Greg then IMO that's just cruel. And BTW TNT, what are you gonna do about it, spit fire at the computer :D? (JK)