• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Actual MNOLG rock

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 09:22 AM

So, you know those rocks in Ga Koro with the faces on them that are similar to the Mata Nui rock? Well, last August, I went to California and went to the beach when I found a rock that was similar in shape. So last week I said, "I gotta make that rock!" And here it is. It makes a good bookend. It's simple, but I like it.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#2 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,006 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 10:06 AM

That's creative. It makes up for the simpleness of it, and it actually looks like the real one. Good job on this one.

#3 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 10:19 AM

Carving might have been more authentic, but this gives a more obvious resemblance, and is probably a lot easier to do as well.

(Slightly off topic: I have a Mctoran of the exact same colour scheme as you have there, with the Dark Grey hau, tan arms and brown feet.  It's a good look. :P)

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#4 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 10:40 AM

That's creative. It makes up for the simpleness of it, and it actually looks like the real one. Good job on this one.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. :)

Carving might have been more authentic, but this gives a more obvious resemblance, and is probably a lot easier to do as well.

(Slightly off topic: I have a Mctoran of the exact same colour scheme as you have there, with the Dark Grey hau, tan arms and brown feet.  It's a good look. :P)

I wanted to carve it, but I don't know how to carve and I probably don't have the tools (plus, it would probably have ended up like this. ---> :headbonk: I'm the guy with the hammer and the other one is the rock.).

I didn't have a mask for Huki, so I put that one on him, I think it looks nice too.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#5 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 12:58 PM

Awesome, it looks pretty dang similar.

-G u u R a h K

#6 Offline Zeene

Zeene
  • Members
  • Toa

• 148 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 01:37 PM

Where is this inter-dimensional portal you got this from? The acquisition of the gateways's location is essential for my personal gain.

Hmmm, how about carving it first, and then colouring those parts black? 2x Resemblance combo

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#7 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 06:27 PM

Where is this inter-dimensional portal you got this from? The acquisition of the gateways's location is essential for my personal gain.

Vezon has an Olmak, remember? He went to Ga Koro, snatched it from some poor Ga-Matoran, came back, and chucked it at my head.

April Fools...

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#8 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,048 posts

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 11:08 AM

This is so incredibly adorable! :3

As others already pointed out it's impressive despite (or rather, becasue of?) its simplicity. Maybe the eyes could have been a bit more aligned, but other than that it's already quite perfect the way it is. ^^

Just one question from my side, did you paint it on, or use a permanent marker of some sorts? :)

snailshelltestscare.jpg

formerly known as Taka Nuvia or sometimes Demon Jester. ^^

#9 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 01:24 PM

This is so incredibly adorable! :3

As others already pointed out it's impressive despite (or rather, becasue of?) its simplicity. Maybe the eyes could have been a bit more aligned, but other than that it's already quite perfect the way it is. ^^

Just one question from my side, did you paint it on, or use a permanent marker of some sorts? :)

The almighty Sharpie.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#10 Offline Heir of the Chronicler

Heir of the Chronicler
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 2,715 posts

Posted Apr 03 2013 - 07:41 PM

Love it! My only suggestion would be paint, rather than marker, so as to get the black into the recesses. Still, it's awesome... I wish I had one. Nostalgia, ahoy!

- Heir

vffsigbanner5.png

#11 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,203 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 10:29 PM

This rocks.Some details could have been more accurate, but overall, I think you did the best you could. Great job!

eW9kyVR.png

#12 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 838 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2013 - 05:45 PM

Love it! Me and my friend used to sharpie these faces on rocks and put them outside our houses! 

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#13 Offline Heir of the Chronicler

Heir of the Chronicler
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 2,715 posts

Posted Apr 06 2013 - 10:06 PM

Dude, Garnira... I wish I'd thought of that way back when :(