A short announcement

GregF

I thought that people might immediately suspect it was a joke.

Should I have posted today saying Bionicle wouldn't come back, so everyone would suspect the opposite? :P

I guess I'll just post an update tomorrow, so you guys can know for sure.

Greg can I ask that if this is true, would you make a return to the forums?

Certainly I will, as much as I am able. Remember, I have other commitments, but I will make a post now and then, and of course answer PMs. After all, it is partly this community that gave the line a chance at coming back. Coming here and keeping in touch with the community is something I will always try to do. Keep coming here, and I will try to do the same.

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts/Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax." -- MST3K

YES! YES! YES! YES YES YES! THANK YOU BRING BACK BIONICLE GROUP FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN! YEEEEEEES!

If it wasn't for your constant belief that LEGO needed to bring back our childhood-defining toy, then it never would've convinced LEGO to actually bring back. Thank you Greg, and thank you LEGO and of course, the BBB Group for doing this. :'(

Ugh, don't do that, bro. If this is true, it is not down to a small group of whiney, melodramatic little kids.

But with leadership like Makuta of Oz and a LEGO CUUSOO petition, there's no way it wasn't them. Another round of applause to the BBB Group.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I think the way the Forum Leaders are acting gives it all away.

Well, honestly, we've been doing pranks on April 1 for so long it's hard to know what to say when something real happens to fall on that day, so I'm not sure how else we can act. Probably the best prank of all is to just let you guys go on thinking this is just a prank until you see that it's still here tomorrow. ;)
On any normal day I'd see your words as wise. But sorry todays not a normal day.

I'm back!

YES! YES! YES! YES YES YES! THANK YOU BRING BACK BIONICLE GROUP FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN! YEEEEEEES!

If it wasn't for your constant belief that LEGO needed to bring back our childhood-defining toy, then it never would've convinced LEGO to actually bring back. Thank you Greg, and thank you LEGO and of course, the BBB Group for doing this. :'(

Ugh, don't do that, bro. If this is true, it is not down to a small group of whiney, melodramatic little kids.

But with leadership like Makuta of Oz and a LEGO CUUSOO petition, there's no way it wasn't them. Another round of applause to the BBB Group.

OH you're joking. MY BAD.

Maybe this IS a prank BUT it's genuinely being used to see the amount of interest there would be in a potential revival. :o

Well, honestly, we've been doing pranks on April 1 for so long it's hard to know what to say when something real happens to fall on that day, so I'm not sure how else we can act. Probably the best prank of all is to just let you guys go on thinking this is just a prank until you see that it's still here tomorrow. ;)
On any normal day I'd see your words as wise. But sorry todays not a normal day.

That sounds like a line from an action movie trailer.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Really? I mean, I know they had good intentions, but... :/

That's where I think you're wrong. Too good to be a prank? That means it's just a really good prank.

If this news were to be false, it'd be a really bad and obvious prank.If this news were to be true, it'd be a really good prank, because everyone thought it was a bad and obvious prank, and therefore not true.

Touché.I still don't think this is legitimate. XD

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Still, one single group could not have been entirely responsible for the return of an entire line. While they may have indeed been an important factor, there were most likely at least several other things which have inspired TLG to make this decision.

iquXD5X.png

HE'S JOKING.

They weren't important AT ALL. They were an embarassment to the entire fanbase, and none of this is down to them so let's stop crediting them just for having a massive, organised tantrum about it.

GOD YOU GUYS.

Well, honestly, we've been doing pranks on April 1 for so long it's hard to know what to say when something real happens to fall on that day, so I'm not sure how else we can act.Probably the best prank of all is to just let you guys go on thinking this is just a prank until you see that it's still here tomorrow. ;)

+1 bad### line points for Dual.And I agree with Tilius, even though that might've been a little harsh, haha. Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I am so confused right now... I have no idea what to believe anymore...

Greg... If it's you... Is the cake a lie? Or is it the only truth on the internet right now? ;(

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

That sounds like a line from an action movie trailer.

For your information, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Nicolas Cage have already been hired ;) Edited by Zeene

iquXD5X.png

Well, honestly, we've been doing pranks on April 1 for so long it's hard to know what to say when something real happens to fall on that day, so I'm not sure how else we can act.Probably the best prank of all is to just let you guys go on thinking this is just a prank until you see that it's still here tomorrow. ;)

+1 bad### line points for Dual.And I agree with Tilius, even though that might've been a little harsh, haha.

Don't worry, my harshness is an April fools' prank.

Keep in mind here, guys, there is a history of BIONICLE-related April Fool's Day 'jokes' being true. Remember when Crystal Matrix retired from BS01... on April Fool's Day? In several books GregF acknowledged Crystal Matrix specifically in acknowledgement statements, so maybe Greg is taking a card from CM?-TN05

Edited by Toa Nidhiki05

GAK!Even I don't know what to make of this! If only Greg hadn't destroyed the olisi I could at least see what the world would be like if it were true just in case! GAAAH! My brain feels like it's about to explode! Now I know what happens to robots if you tell them paradoxes!

I want to believe it! I want to believe it so ###### much! But at the same time, even when it's Greg himself, I don't know! He may be the author of my childhood but at the same time he created beings like Teridax and Karzahni - and you have to have that evil to use it as a character (I should know, turning my evil into a singular being in my own stories)!Okay, okay...calm down...calm down... *ahem*

Right, time to decide what I will do in either circumstance. hm...

Well, if it is true...I will be a) overjoyed, b) announce it to the world, c) buy whatever sets we get at least 10 times (if they're good) to tell LEGO to make more and d) somehow use my willpower to evolve into a biomechanical being and then mail myself to Greg personally.

If it's not true...I will a) get mad, b) recover from my head explosion, c) Invent a real Great Huna and learn to use it, d) find Greg and e) apply the appropriate punishment with a custom-made Mask of Torture.

Oh, and if this is a prank, Greg...well, let's just say I'd categorise you somewhere below 'Velika' on the 'insanely evil-o-meter'

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Still, one single group could not have been entirely responsible for the return of an entire line. While they may have indeed been an important factor, there were most likely at least several other things which have inspired TLG to make this decision.

They've been around since BIONICLE's end, pushing for it to return. LEGO had to notice them along the way and note their perseverance and the fact they represented the whole fanbase.

They've been around since BIONICLE's end, pushing for it to return. LEGO had to notice them along the way and note their perseverance and the fact they represented the whole fanbase.

The thing is, they didn't represent the whole fanbase. They were in agreement with many people's desire for Bionicle to return, yes, but the group itself didn't represent us at all.

+1 bad### line points for Dual.And I agree with Tilius, even though that might've been a little harsh, haha.

Don't worry, my harshness is an April fools' prank.

Ah, right. ;)Anyway, I feel like no matter the outcome, after this is over, people are going to look at anyone who was commenting here and say "ha, told you so" or "well you fell for it" no matter which side you supported. Ah well. :lol: Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Ultimately the return is, as I've always said long before it was announced, thanks to LEGO. ^_^ But all the fans also feed into that, and all potential new fans as well! =)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Very true, very true...the outcomes are all 'fell for it hook line and sinker' or 'I knew I could trust this'. You can only consider this to be the cruellest prank or the happiest rejoice for all Matoran, Toa and other beings on this forum...and Makuta like me.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

WHAT IF some randomer has HACKED Greg's account and posted this?!!? Then it wouldn't be a prank by the staff, or a prank by Greg, but a prank by some SAD ACT who has nothing better to do than sit around hacking some guy's account to fool a load of kids.

IMAGINE IF SOMEONE WAS LIKE THAT. JUST IMAGINE. I doubt there's anyone who would be so intent on causing CHAOS though and deliberately winding people up. I don't know anyone on BZP who's known for being like that....

• Upvote 1

The thing is, they didn't represent the whole fanbase. They were in agreement with many people's desire for Bionicle to return, yes, but the group itself didn't represent us at all.

I doubt LEGO could tell the difference, especially with all this positive reception. Either way, it's back, so props to BBB Group.

Ah, the internet's penchant cynicism has marred what would ordinarily be a joyous announcement.

Alas, where has our youth disappeared to? That wide eyed wonder with which we once viewed the world? If I might postulate, perhaps it is time for us all to join hands again and say "yes, I want to believe." Just this time, let's ignore plausibility, facts, and nasty little dates. Let's come together and bask in the glory of wanton optimism. Say to yourself "I am doing this. I am making this happen."

Amen, good sir. Amen. This is real. I feel it. I have always wanted to see the best in everything. The power of potential. My friends, I knew in my heart all along it would at least partially come back. It's not a prank.

Edited by tent163phantoka

Oh. My. God. I've never been as confused about whether it's an April Fools joke in my life. I would have said it was a prank, but you write in such a convincing way that you make me unsure. :P Well, I guess we'll know soon. ;)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I noticed some typos in the first post, and Greg is an editor for LEGO Club magazine.... it's questionable, and personally I'm indifferent if it's a prank or not. But if the staff did impersonate Greg, that's a disappointment, honestly. I'd like to think they have more respect than that.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Then I dont see a massive difference from if the staff did it XD

The difference is we'll give it back when it's all over That is to say if we did it Which we did not

Never trust a Makaru...

Problem being, he's from Canada.Problem being, Canada isn't real. Why? Because Finland. [/ReferencesYouProbablyWon'tGet]

iquXD5X.png

I noticed some typos in the first post, and Greg is an editor for LEGO Club magazine.... it's questionable, and personally I'm indifferent if it's a prank or not. But if the staff did impersonate Greg, that's a disappointment, honestly. I'd like to think they have more respect than that.

Agreed

I'm back!

He's not a deity.

Anyway, we can sum up this entire thing with this:

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

The difference is we'll give it back when it's all over That is to say if we did it Which we did not

Your subtletyIt hurtsAnd I disagree: sometimes trust a Makaru

but their spirits

Your subtletyIt hurtsAnd I disagree: sometimes trust a Makaru

Yeah but its always that fake trust. I feed and clean snakes as part of my job. I trust then enough to know they wont bite me all the time, but I wouldnt get into bed with one.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

WHAT IF some randomer has HACKED Greg's account and posted this?!!? Then it wouldn't be a prank by the staff, or a prank by Greg, but a prank by some SAD ACT who has nothing better to do than sit around hacking some guy's account to fool a load of kids.

IMAGINE IF SOMEONE WAS LIKE THAT. JUST IMAGINE. I doubt there's anyone who would be so intent on causing CHAOS though and deliberately winding people up. I don't know anyone on BZP who's known for being like that....

I actually may or may not have suggested this kind of thing to A CERTAIN HACKER a while back

We can rule out that possibility though because if that were the case there's no way he wouldn't have changed Greg's avatar to Kopaka's pants

Edited by Lime Paradox

RksnKgM.jpg

WHAT IF some randomer has HACKED Greg's account and posted this?!!? Then it wouldn't be a prank by the staff, or a prank by Greg, but a prank by some SAD ACT who has nothing better to do than sit around hacking some guy's account to fool a load of kids. IMAGINE IF SOMEONE WAS LIKE THAT. JUST IMAGINE. I doubt there's anyone who would be so intent on causing CHAOS though and deliberately winding people up. I don't know anyone on BZP who's known for being like that....

I actually may or may not have suggested this kind of thing to A CERTAIN HACKER a while backWe can rule out that possibility though because if that was the case there's no way he wouldn't have changed Greg's avatar to Kopaka's pants

True, true.

but their spirits