The Best Laid Plans: Gameplay Topic

IC: Koglar

The Rhotuka hit Koglar, but he already had a large amount of crystals up. The Rhotuka would effect him. He looked around to see his attacker. "You! I know the light of your staff does something, and I'm not letting you get me!" Koglar cast an illusion around the staff with his Mahiki.

It was simple, but would block the light if Raskin tried to use the staff. Koglar was now gripping his knife. He could use it fairly well. Without his power, he would be weaker, but he could defend himself. Then he spoke again, "I hope you realize that you just trapped everyone on the training field in their cages."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: [Vod] - Bar, Typewriter Town

Another day, another successful deal brokered -- this is my six-word biography.

I wait for a full minute after Mantox leaves before standing up, letting the hushed whispers of my name turn to shuttering silence. The Gumshoe patrons of this place are eyeing me -- I know that without even having to see their scleras. I pay them no heed as I stoically walk towards the door; there is not a care in my mind as to the fact that they're all focused on analyzing my wraith-like mannerisms for a sign of interest -- or even better, weakness. I even manage a small smirk at their pseudo-philosophical simple-mindedness; how they seem to know so much about the existential condition, yet dig and pry for the simplest facts on the ruination of this great city. It's almost poetic, in a sense.

The radiant, white-washed light of Typewriter Town burns my retinas as I leave the bar, but my stride never even falters -- I keep walking nonetheless. I use my best judgement to gauge where the nearest chute station is located until my vision darkens back to an acceptable level of utility. As I must have said before; nothing can stop. I have a job to do for this city, and a little bright sunlight sure as Karz isn't going to stop me.

Back to the office, then.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Raskino / Training Yard

"Irrelevant." he replied, attempting to use his staff. As the item failed to activate, he attempted to figure what the possible reason for malfunction was. Seeing as the staff had worked fine not too long ago, it couldn't be item failure. Thus, the Toa had to have done something. Another item seemed unlikely, as gumshoes were not renowned for their fine allowances to afford such a device. The glowing of the mask Koglar wore to indicate use that had appeared beforehand narrowed the possibility to one - mask power, which his spinners could not lock down.

As he hovered a few Bio away from the edge of the crystal where Koglar stood, he stretched out his hand and activated his telekinetic powers; his target was the Kanohi mask, which he intended to pull towards himself.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Luckily for Koglar, the magnetic bond between a Toa's face and their mask is quite strong. This bond allowed Koglar to know what Raskino was trying to do. He threw his hands up to his mask and said, "Let's start simple. Why are you after me?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

The ground from which the crystals erupted can be manipulated, since he is stone. He called on his powers and raised the ground up from which the Crystals stood. Then he made them collapse once the crystal was out of the ground. Then he walked over to his gun and fired at him.

"Shoot him down." He ordered his men.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

"Knowledge can be dangerous." Raskino replied. As he strengthened his telekinetic grip, he instead pulled far to the side. Even if the mask would not come off, it would drag its helpless wielder with it. His intentions were to suspend Koglar in the air, across from the pillar. Once he had him in such a position, he would be easy to deal with. A little bit of flailing the mask around would also keep him too distracted to use it properly.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Liluke (Streets)

The Maxilos prepares to answer Alvolka, when out of no-where came a shout, calling out to them even as another vehicle pulls out in front of the duo.

"Hey, firebug! Boarderbot! Where you two headed?!"

The combination of sound and movement in front of her startles Liluke, and she barely has time to pull to the side and almost ride across the side of the vehicle, hoping whatever's used to make these things hover doesn't damage it. Gliding down completely ungracefully, Liluke can only let the board slip out from under her, grabbing it with a hand and turning it off even as she falls to the ground with a crash.

She's not harmed, but someone's getting their ears lectured off..

"Oy! What's the big idea about just pulling out in front of someone, eh? And you," She turns to look at the Skakdi who shouted, "There are other ways of getting people's attention, you know."

OOC: And the interaction begins...

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC | Vakann | Gearheadville

As the legless Maxilos veered away from impact with a camo-painted racecar, Vakann dropped the grin and opened his mouth to say something and froze up, suddenly caught between asking whether or not the downed robot was okay and throwing a mean-spirited jeer her way. After all, with her current situation, it was all too easy to make all manner of tasteless amputee jokes. Of course, Vakann didn't know whether or not the robot had laser vision or chest-mounted gatling guns and with how sensitive the robot was, he could very well end up with a hole where his heartlight should be. To try and save his hide, Vakann mustered up all the empathy and tact that he could manage.

"Where'd your legs go? It's hard to walk without legs."

Liluke's question finally queued up inside Vakann's brain, causing him to give pause again. He was doing that a lot lately. Maybe he'd lay off his middle-of-the-night copper pipe-stealing gig a while so he could catch up on his beauty sleep. Logging this in to his mental to-do list, Vakann nodded in response to the legless robot. "Well, yeah, there are other ways. But are they really any better? I could have walked in front, or I could have thrown this thing at you. And hey, it's not my fault that this guy," he jabbed a finger towards the vehicle puttering away, "sucks at driving. He should really be more careful. Someone could have seriously gotten injured because of his irresponsibility."

Vakann proceeded to turn his head towards the receding vehicle to make nasty faces at it. As he glared at it, he noticed some silly gawker standing on the road. "Hey, Peanut Gallery! What are you standing there for? Get yourself over here and make some friends!"

matanuinuvabanner.gif

IC:

"Oops. Sorry about that." I turned around, this time being careful of what was around me. I headed back and pulled over on the side of the street. I hopped out and said, "Sorry about that, mind if I take a look? And I didn't hear you, can you say that again?" I asked turning to the Skakdi who obviously was not paying attention to what was going on.

Potas was free, but his men weren't, meaning only he could fire. Koglar knew this, and then activated his mask power again. This time, a heavy fog moved in around the training area. It wasn't real fog, just a powerful, and big illusion.

Then he heard something. It seemed like Copper reinforcements were coming in. Great. That's just what I need.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

As the mist began to fall over the yard, Raskino began to telekinetically shake the mask - and Koglar - as hard as possible. The distraction would almost certainly break his concentration, keeping him from focusing on the mask power and leaving him vulnerable.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC:

"Mahiki training has trained to know illusions. His mask is still active so his mask must be taken off." He continued to climb up, then set his staff in and stood on it. He then jumped up and fired a shot at the Crystal Toa. The knock back set him down, but he grabbed on to the staff so he wouldn't fall.

Then the staff came off it's holding and he fell to the ground. He put away his gun and activated his staff to rattle to crystal down to the ground. Then he got back his gun and fired again at the Toa of Crystal.

Then the reinforcements came. "Get those men out of there, and shoot him down!" He ordered at them.

IC:

"Have I mentioned how I don't like these things?" Watcher announced, staring at the nearest security camera.

"I don't like these things."

IC(Drox, Typewriter Town):

"Me neither," I said, taking the risk of a quick glance upward. "Which is why we're going to do something about it."

I raised my hand, palm up, and activated a magnetic pulse. Just a small one, of course, nothing to blow the machine off its post, but enough to scramble its circuits, frying it for just enough time for us to get away. I begin moving, motioning for Watcher to follow me. "Stick to the walls. There's less surveillance there. And tell me if you see any more. We don't need Coppers on our tail."

I begin walking in the direction of Gearheadville. Hopefully, I can get some info there.

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Well, this was certainly strange. One moment Koglar was floating in the air with a soldier who violated basic rights shooting at him and another trying to do Mata Nui knows what to him. The next, he was trapped in an energy bubble.

IC: Unit #1

The Kranua turned to Potas and fired an energy bubble at him. He started to move over to him, "You have just fired upon a civilian who did not break any laws that would necessitate doing such a thing. He did break laws, but lethal force was excessive."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"Well he did act with force by using his element on us. Encasing my men in crystal, and me as well, which meant he intended to do harm. I know that you as a robot and all will not know this, but we are all 'programmed' differently." He looked at the Toa of Crystal encased in the Kranua's energy bubble, then at the machine. "Plus why did you encase me in this bubble!"

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

"You are all interfering in official Phan-Metru business." Raskino said, his voice, though monotone, imposing and impressive enough for almost all present to hear even over the occasional gunfire. "Leave now, and allow me to properly deal with this criminal. The charges - treason, slander, and the spread of misinformation."

The large being floated closer. Below, one of the crystal prisons shattered apart under the force of his mind, rising and forming a field of whirling crystals around him to provide shielding. As it seemed Koglar was doing absolutely nothing to resist Raskino's power, and simply hanging in the air, he would still be too out-of-focus to use his mask. Raskino hovered closer, along with his crystal prison.

"This is your final chance, Koglar. Submit yourself to non-lethal judgement, and carry on your life in accordance with the laws of this city, or prepare for summary execution."

IC: Liluke (Streets)

"Unfortunate accident, it's not permanent. And, well, I guess you're right with the getting my attention issue." She replies to Vakann, before turning her attention to herself.

No damage really, perhaps another scratch or two on the armor but that was normal by now. The board was fine, her quick actions prevented any harm.

Thank the Great Beings. Liluke really didn't want to be stuck in Gearheadville without a source of reliable transportation.

Well, at least this wasn't the Stab 'n Grab.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

"Very well. I accept the non-lethal judgment. May I ask what act exactly I am being penalized for and how I shall be punished for my acts?" Koglar looked at the figure. He honestly hoped that his punishment would not be too painful or the like.

"The definition of encase is to completely seal. He encaged your men. For this, you should have attempted to take non-lethal action, such as subduing him. I trapped you in the bubble because you were breaking a law. You were trying to kill a civilian who had not done anything that warranted lethal force.

"He was also right on the point of this training exercise being unethical. In fact, there are laws that prevent executions like this. I do not have the authority to hand a judgement down on you. Would you like a military tribunal or a civilian trial for your two crimes?"

The robot was looked around. Some of his reinforcements were freeing the other Coppers from their crystal cages. They left Unit #1 to handle the laws seeing as how he had the best recollection of any of them. Being a robot, he had a memory of every law right down to the letter.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

"Very well. I accept the non-lethal judgment. May I ask what act exactly I am being penalized for and how I shall be punished for my acts?" Koglar looked at the figure. He honestly hoped that his punishment would not be too painful or the like.

"You are being persecuted for the spread of misinformation in a way which could permanently damage the stability of the city. You are believed to be among the last of a few persons to still retain knowledge of the so-called 'Antidermis in the chutes' which you have attempted to spread across the city."

He raised his staff. "This staff will not kill you are cause harm, unless you lie to me when I ask my questions." This was itself a lie, but it was impossible to tell what Raskino was thinking unless you were an actual telepath. "If you do tell a lie, it will be severe torment. Your punishment is, at the current moment, silence - you must never speak the lies you have spread again. Incarceration or worse may be added on as a charge unless you answer me two things. One; who else are you conspiring with? Two; what government secrets do you know, besides these fabrications."

"Oh, and don't try your illusions either; they are perceived as a lie by the staff."

The Toa of Crystal nodded and said, "There was all of the members of my paper, and a Toa of Iron. Her name was... Aunae." He took out his journal. "May I write something down about this abuse of rights? I'll show it to you once I am done."

"He could have been trying to disarm you so you wouldn't fire on him, like you did. He may not have advanced control over his element. That could be why his crystal hit you. Finally, I will not let you out of this energy bubble. You are under arrest for excessive force and violating basic rights."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Raskino said nothing, not wasting any time. Once he had the name, he activated his staff. Koglar would be immediately wiped of every memory he had for the last twenty-four hours, unless he had. The Antidermis, the studying, everything... it would all be removed. Even the events that had taken place here.

Once that wad done, he also telekinetically reached out to take the now revealed journal. It would be a useful way for him to gather information.

OOC: Okay, this is really bothering me... would they really be human rights? Wouldn't sentient rights or something like that sound better? Even something like 'citizens rights' or what not?

Koglar had been delivering the paper to his friend when the scene changed. He was now in an energy bubble floating above some training grounds. Strange. He felt a sense of deja vu. A figure was looking through his journal.

"HEY! Give that back! I don't know what you're looking for, but it probably isn't in there. Do you know how I got here?"

"I follow the laws to the letter." Unit #1 walked over to Koglar and Raskino and said, "You came here to make a violation of civil rights public." He then walked away, and turned back to Potas. "Now answer my question. Do you want a civilian trial or a military tribunal."

OOC:

I actually avoided called them human rights just for that reason. I did use 'humane', but that doesn't just mean human.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

"If it is not, then the journal will be summarily returned to you after investigation." Raskino responded. He then lowered Koglar to the ground, saying, "Your powers shall return to you within a few minutes."

With that, he levitated away, slowly descending as moved on the other side of the fence. Koglar, on the other hand, would be within the training yard.

IC | Vakann | Gearheadville

"Can't hear me? You should get around to cleaning your ears when you bathe, Hotrod," the Skakdi spat out in reply to Flaredrick, throwing his free arm up in an ambiguous gesture which could have been read as "come here" as much as it could have been "I'm done talking to you." He shifted his eyes around, looking for movements. "So, are there any other Toa of Fire that want to drop by for a visit, or are we good? I only have so many nicknames to give out and I can't spread my supply thin."

The Skakdi patted the engine still resting on his shoulder--actually, since these people here seemed intent on eating away his time, he patted the engine that was resting on his shoulder and was now resting on the ground. Still really awkward. For a language as old as Matoran, tenses were still an awful mess. But the engine was on the floor and would probably stay there until he got a chance to start moving again.

"Hey, if you think you'll find anything good in this lump of scrap, just say the word and drop the widgets in my hands and it'll be yours. But the levitation core's mine. You know how hard it is to scavenge those things these days. They just don't come as cheap as they used to." Vakann said, rolling his shoulders. With both his hands free now, he would make good use of his newfound freedom. He started to pick his nose with his prosthetic pinky and suddenly it was good to be alive.

"But geez, two Toa and a legless robot stopping by just to talk to me. You really know how to make a guy feel special. So what's going to happen with the legs? Where do you think you're going, anywho? If you're looking for a good place to get parts for prosthetics, you've already passed my favourite spots, probably. I don't lose legs very often, but all those big name shops are out near the racing tracks where people actually do lose limbs all the time. It's a marketing thing."

Vakann took Economics and Political Intrigue 101 back in Skakdi School. He would know.

Edited by Iota

matanuinuvabanner.gif