The Best Laid Plans: Gameplay Topic

IC: Volanara / The Ghetto - Empty Appartment

The toa of lightning rolled her eyes. "The rabble are not yet united enough, and if you push the Suits to hard now, with rumors of rogue antidermis and the destruction of entire sub-districts rolling off even the common mans tongues..."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC:

"C'mon, Lights, take a sip of my Kool-Aid for a second here," Fortis replied in that charming way Fortis had, standing up from the chair and taking a step, then two towards her, every step carefully measured to look casual while retaining every possible ounce of brevity. "Of course there's a big picture here; what kind of fool would deny it? But it still takes brushstrokes to paint that picture, right? I've spent months, years - my entire life - doing pointillism. It's time for me to start hatching. Time for some slightly larger strokes."

He stopped a couple feet away from Volanara and then shrugged again, patting down his blazer and looking up at her with twinkling blue-rose colored eyes.

"Have I ever led you wrong before?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Volanara / The Ghetto - Empty Apartment

Volanara moved closer, leaning down a small amount to be a even eye level with Fortis, before saying, "Of course not. Because I know to stay away from your ridiculous ventures that would."

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC:

"Welcome to the Ghettos," Fortis replied with a wicked smirk, gesturing expansively with his arms out the window towards the Phan-Metru skyline: throughout the chutes of Green Level, speeders and personal craft whizzed past in races, giving the entire horizon the appearance of a large, swirling emerald that was rapidly losing its polish. "Everyone gets their face bashed in now and then."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Enaltai, the Ghetto - Green)

"No one's gonna let him in," I murmured, "He's already tried robbing half the restaurants around Green. I'm pretty sure that one has to have him blacklisted as well. I don't think it'll be a problem if he waits by the door until I get him something, though."

I was never a humorous person for as long as I remember myself, but this line of events was forcing a number of laughs from me. What were the odds that I would actually eat in a restaurant nowadays? What were the odds...

"Let's go," I interrupted myself and my mental musings. "That is, if you've no objections."

IC:

Turning smoothly on one heel, Song began to move toward the nearest restaurant. The tail of her coat flapped slightly in the breeze, as she reached up with one hand to readjust her hat.

"Have any preference? There are a few in the area. Ga-Koran cuisine, a few Xian establishments. I think there might even be a restaurant that serves dishes from Zakaz."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Volanara / The Ghettos - Empty Apartment

Reasserting her height and posture, she replied, "A fact of life that we will one day have changed. Once the Suits are done for - properly."

"Which brings me to another point, the reason I'm glad you happened upon this place. I've been planning another rally for quite some time for those who are loyal to the cause, but I'm running out of options as to where to run it. As much as I hate to say it, you know the city better than I do, and have lived in the Ghettos longer than I have. Do you know of somewhere I can use where the Suits attention will not be drawn?"

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC:

Fortis' brows and lips drew together in thought as he scanned through the Ghetto in his mind's eye. He seemed to be examining a map in his head that only he truly could read; when he was done, his face settled and he looked back up at the Toa of Lightning casually.

"Yeah, sure, I s'pose. I could find you a place to work your grift."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:
So far, things were going pretty well. If I was lucky, maybe I wouldn't have to-
'Nope, obviously not going to be that lucky...' The pain came crashing down faster then I had expected. I muttered a few choice curses under my breath, and cracked my eyes open slightly, glancing around for the small black remote I'd purchased a few weeks back and set on my nightstand.
'Come on, bloody thing has to be around here somewhere...'
Finally! I grabbed the square device and pushed the button repetedly, only stopping and daring to open my eyes fully when I noticed the room darkening to a much more tolerable level.
"Alright then," I grinned and got out of the bed, ignoring the cracking of my joints as I stood. "Obviously ordering that drink last night was a bad idea, nevermind ordering the three extra glasses." Shrugging on my favorite brown cloak, I stood and put on the Press badge that had been part of my outfit for so long. The nameplate had been replaced with a simple metal plate merely reading 'Rath' and nothing more. Names were powerful things in this city, and there was no reason to give anyone the ability to really track me down. Great Spirit knowing, I had a list of people that would jump at the opportunity to get some dirt on me.
Pushing my thoughts aside, I walked out of the bedroom, through the living room, and into the kitchen, pausing only long enough to use the wall terminal to send in some garbage column about the 'Fabulous Destinations of Phan-Metru' that I had hastily written the night before. Hey, it wasn't exactly the most fascinating drivel to write about, but at least it paid the bills. Glancing over at the dinky little fridge I owned, the calm blue-hued display cheerfully told me that there was no food in the entire place.
"Well karz." Frowning, I grabbed my set of keys and headed out the door, satisfied with the automatic locking sound behind me. Looks like I was headed out to catch some food from the 'extraordinary diners' of Typewriter Town.

IC: (Enaltai)

Clever girl.

I don't grin. Ever. Just in case you were wondering, grinning is not something I do. Civilization, please take note: Enaltai does not grin. But there are some points in history when my mind and wit are tickled in precisely the right way, sparking a chain reaction that leads to me making a mental expression - that I'm sure she could read, by the way - of relative amusement.

"Is there a Ta-Koronan restaurant around? I had a thing for their spices, I think. Sometime ago."

IC:

"Yes, a few blocks from here. I was there a few weeks ago. One of the waitstaff took offense that I heard his mental comments. It didn't end well for him." The Toa of Psionics replied, amusement coloring her voice.

"Also needless to say, he doesn't work there anymore."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Mm."

I don't know what sort of mental comment it ought to have been that the waiter was the one to take offense, and honestly, the entire category of mental comments that fit that definition would be pretty worthy of a punishment, especially considering the waiter in question really should've expected it and not overreacted the way he did.

Of course, talk of sacking people for such, IMO - because apparently that's how the rich say, "in my opinion", nowadays - trivial reasons was never something I endorsed, for obvious reasons on my part; but, eh, my own personal irritations could go to heck, really. That kid, whoever he was, did, in fact, screw up, something I never did. Something Tarad never did. That kid would not exactly know the life the Rabble did every day.

I can understand him being offended, to an extent. I wasn't feeling entirely comfortable at the time with her reading my thoughts either. There was not much in my head to be private about, really, and the very word 'private' was something I nigh hated; but there was just something about the experience that seemed weird, as if the person in your head was getting to know you way too rapidly for it to be okay.

I didn't mind it as such. It was just a minor irk.

IC:

"I'm not explicitly listening in."

"You see, my powers are always on, to some extent. Normally, I just see the general color of someone's state of mind, be they stressed, or worried, or fearful. But in my old line of work, there are a few thoughts that always stand out. Thoughts about privacy, secrets, or threats all have a special type of mental signature to them.""Quite difficult to ignore. Old habits die hard."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Yes."

The Toa pushed open the door, her grin widening slightly at the expressions on the faces of the people inside. Some of the waiters, the ones that had been working there for more than a week, paled. Some of the customers took one look, and waved for a bill. She wasn't surprised. She'd put some of them away.

"Ahem, right this way, Ms. Beskar...." The greeter said nervously, waving them toward a table.

fK5oqYf.jpg

I followed the girl, who in turn followed the greeter, taking a seat by a table that I'm pretty sure was worth more than my entire belongings PLUS my physical body as such. I wanted to spit, really. All this wealth in just a simple restaurant, but where I'm at, there's nothing but squalor surrounding me. How many families of poor could the money made of this table alone feed?

World, take note: Enaltai, no matter how far down the road of mental ranting he is, can always realize in time that he is, well, ranting.

"I never learned your actual name," he said to her as she sat down, "Ms. Beskar."

IC:

"Song Beskar." Idly, she held a hand out to shake, reaching for a menu with the other. "Though around here, that name won't be the one most people recognize."

"In the Ghetto, you'd have better luck asking for the Ace."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: As Song and Enaltai sat down for a nice meal, another figure walked into the restaurant. Well, walked might be pushing it. He crouched in. The doorway was too small for him. Once inside, Gumokk briefly scanned the room before his eyes landed on Song.

"Ah Ms. Beskar," he rumbled, "I wonder if you might accept a proposition I offer?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Leyana

I thought I turned this thing off...oh wait, that was the radio I turned off...karz. It wasn't that I didn't appreciate the offer for help from...whoever it was on the other line, I just didn't really want it. Reluctantly I answered as I watched my quarry enter a rather shady looking shop. "No need...I've got this handled." I said through my comm. "You can just...watch on standby." With that I turned my comm off, I didn't need or want any help, I was gonna nab this guy myself.

The Toa of Gravity finally came out of the shop, and turned his head toward me. He was carrying some sort of engine.

Hey, I bet he doesn't have the license to purchase that! Finally I had something I could nail him on! As I thought of all the ways I could apprehend the sucker, he suddenly winked right at me, waved, and then darted into the crowd.

HEY! I ran at full speed, the chase was really on now, as he sunk into the crowd I lost sight of him. Karz I can't let him just get away! I pushed and shoved my way through the crowd, looking around wildly for the hooligan. There were only two ways he could have gone, straight on forward...or that ominous looking alleyway...

ALLEY. I ran at a reckless speed into the side alley, I had my glock ready to be pulled out of my belt at a moment's notice.

As luck would have it, I saw him, just barely up ahead, but with my Kanohi enhanced senses, I knew it was him. Oh, you aren't getting away!

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Song paused, and glanced toward the new arrival. It was mostly a formality, she had sensed him coming before he had spoken. One eyebrow raised, and she shifted slightly in her seat.

"How may I help you, sir?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Understood," Krax answered. As the two continued their little cat and mouse game, he watched and followed on from the rooftops

IC: Gumokk dragged a chair over. The fact that someone was already sitting in it mattered little, as they toppled out when he tipped it a little. When he sat on it it creaked under his sheer bulk.

"An associate of mine was entrusted with some property that belonged to me. He has since...mislaid that property and I would greatly prefer it to be retrieved."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"So, the honest version of what you're saying is that you gave something to someone, and it was stolen. And now you want it back. Am I close?"

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

What was once an exhibition of a few more exotic dancers from the Southern Continent

OOC: I doth protest. Saevam is much to busy running a city to engage in self pleasure. :P Seriously, I'm not really sure if this guy can experience pleasure.

-IC: Saevam Ensis, Plaza Nuva-

"Rodak," His voice flat, Saevam's eyes slowly swiveled from another screen to the tapped computer. "I have no excuses for my reserved nature. If your messages were of a most important nature, I trust you can deliever them in such an invasive manner. I take my time when answering unmarked messages. I have no doubt that the dreadful wounds I have inflincted on your egotistic person shall heal."

As Vod entered into the room, without so much as a knock, Saevam lazily glanced at the Le-Toa, his disturbingly lifeless eyes swivelling to the Le-Toa only long enough to soak in the details. As Vod finished speaking, Saevam raised a long, skeletal hand in response. He did not wish to be disturbed.

"Rodak," Saevam said, begining again, his words ending with a fatigued sigh, his first showing of emotion. "I seem to have a secondary, yet equally intrusive visitor. Say what you will, but I request you to say it with due haste."

-IC: Y’zvan Milnkhejt, Plaza Nuva-

In the towers of the Phan-Metru police force, towers of protosteel and reflective glass, a Fe-Toa sat, cleaning her firearms with deft, sure strokes. She was an almost regal being, a sense of pride and power surrounding her, yet she lived a life most utilitarian, her clothes that of the simplest, and most efficient sort, and her office, and connected apartment, were almost barren.
As regal and proud as she seemed, Y’zvan Milnkhejt was a practical being, when it came to physical possessions, and equally utilitarian, if not perhaps more eloquent, when it came to thought. She was a killer by trade; mercy did not come naturally to her, and kindness for the sake of being kind was not her normal reaction to things.
Inside the Police Force, she was renown for this, a sharp contrast to the many kind-spirited beings who joined for the sake of protection and serving. Y’zvan joined for the salary, not for the public praise. A good thing, too, for the public's reaciton was currently lukewarm at best when it came to "the Coppers", as they called the Police.
In her tower of solitude, Y’zvan reflected on such matters, waiting until she was called into duty, reinforcement for the hunting party of some petty criminal, no doubt.
OOC: Open for interaction.
Edited by Replicant

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Posting from a phone is not easy. I can't even code fonts on this thing. Have to make this short.IC: Volanara"You wouldn't be king of the Ghetto if you couldn't." she replied. "I'll wait until I see the place to thank you, of course."Ooc: editing for you darkon

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC:

"Well, normally I'd divert you to the Coppers, but fact is, I'm bored." The Toa of Psionics leaned back in her chair, watching her potential client closely. "So I'll tell you what. You tell me what you know, I'll listen, and if I agree to take the job, I'll give you a price.""If you decide that the price is too high, feel free to haggle. And if we can't come to an agreement, you can walk away and I won't breathe a word."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: It is easier tomake anew post on heree than edit one, so thank you for the intermediate post TPTI.Darkon - The middle dancer is about to get assassinated, of course.IC: Rodak"Are you familiar with the old Matoran proverb about the lava rat and the takea shark?" he asked.

IC: "The property was lost by my associate, a Skakdi named Viniban, around the Lower East of the Stab 'n' Grab. He claims a group of thugs assaulted him and seized it by force. Since the property would have taken considerable space as it was stored in crates they would have had to have transport to move it. And whether they took it by force or not, it has been moved. I did check on that before consulting a professional." He gestured graciously at Song, "They property, I should mention, was a shipment of the enhancement steroid known as Boom. Which is why I would prefer the Coppers not get involved."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

-IC: Y’zvan Milnkhejt, Plaza Nuva-

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Kriate Toraw - Plaza Nuva- TowersKriate fit her fingers around the utility belt around her armor, shifting it so her belt buckle was better centered. With a pop to her latest step, she let go, letting her armor and equipment pull her strong frame down. A rolling of the thickened shoulders and Kriate turned the corner.The Toa of Sonic's circled her right arm as she re-gripped her belt buckle with her left. A little flick of the wrist and she was ready to go. Her armor was on tightly fit, her hammer and shield resting against her back in a similar manner. Kriate prided herself in being much more physically stronger than many of her colleagues, and it was all due to one thing.Hard work.It seemed to be something that nobody valued on this God forsaken city. Not just by the poor, which Kriate used to be a part of, but by the suits. They always got somebody else to do something for them. It was dishonorable. Kriate had to work hard, fight for her life and her way out of the Ghetto and into better living conditions. It was years before she landed a proper job anywhere. Saved up what little money she could, that she earned without stealing mind you; before using it to buy some proper clothes for interviews.Every single thing Kriate had in this world she won for herself. It was a shame nobody else seemed to realize it.But despite this, Kriate still subverted herself to the employers. Karz. When it came down to it. Money was money.It was only a matter of time before that changed though.Kriate stopped, taking note of a fellow officer, "Y'zvan," a curt nod to the copper, cleaning her weapon, "You busy?" It was less of a question and more of a statement. She knew she wasn't. But it was courteous to ask.

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ic: Zarembo sucked in a big breath and entered the chute. The current of energy rippled around him and carried his body forward, quickly rocketing to incredible speeds as the city blurred past. Buildings, dark spectres that pierced the heavens, whipped by him for a while before the chute angled upwards and took Zarembo into the skies in a veritable rollercoaster ride that he and five others participated in to merely travel across the city they called home. But even as Zarembo flew through the districts he could vaguely gain a sense of how different the areas of Phan-Metru were. Already things looked better the closer to the centre he went, comparatively cleaner and neater lines abounded.

Abruptly a change of pressure around his body could be sensed. The current altered slightly, becoming more chaotic, more violent and unpredictable. It was not smooth anymore and he strained to look ahead at what could cause the disruption. The chutes were still a new addition to the city infrastructure and were prime targets to both terrorists and Murphy's Law.

The chute system suddenly spat him and the out unceremoniously and tossed him and the others in the chute like ill-fitting stones shot from an air rifle. At first there was a sensation of true flight as the citizens were freed from the tubular transit system and allowed to almost glide away. One of the others spilled out was lucky with a Miru and he just floated down in safety. Another, however, was not as blessed and was sent out at an askew angle; he splattered on the walls of a chute support and his body turned to mush before it was squeezed out through his armor like cheese from a coarse grater. His blood splashed on Zarembo as he, too, plummeted. A very real sense of panic overcame Zarembo as he fell and felt the liquid stain his clothes.

The ground loomed closer every single microsecond, and death with it. But Zarembo feared something far worse than his personal demise: It would be an utter shame if the one person who may possibly hold the key to saving the city bloodlessly were to die by the hand of nothing else but poor luck. It was said that often in moments of great stress Kanohi came to life and saved their users, but that was not the case with Zarembo. He had to activate it himself, and very consciously.

"Listen to this story of creation!" he cried to himself.

The earth is coming closer still (no duh).

"As I fall to my doom..."

It's really close now.

"... a parachute to slow my descent..."

Is that a crashed speeder at the bottom?

"... materialized on my back..."

Maybe that was what caused the break in the chute.

"... and saved my life."

It must have been a crash. Frickin' racers.

"And so it came to pass!"

fwUUUMMMP!!

Just as he commanded, a parachute suddenly burst out from a pack he did not wear a mere second before and filled the air behind him and brought him slowly to the ground. To bystanders it seemed as if he had waited until the last second to activate his sail like a true daredevil, though nothing could be farther from the truth.

Somewhere behind him, the toa with a Miru suddenly fell the rest of the way down to the earth and splattered like a potato in a gruesome way like how Zar would have ended; his Miru was taken away to balance reality with the conjuring of the parachute. A shameful and disdainful thing, but at least Zar survived. He shrugged the chute pack off eagerly and looked up at the gaping hole in the transport chute high up above him.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC

Chute Jumping.

It used to be a sport. A long, long time ago, in another world, people did it for fun, for the thrill, for the enjoyment.

Jek balanced on the edge of a thick metal beam running between two near abandoned towers. He wasn't sure what the beam was even for- power lines, stability, maybe even temporary transportation between the building sites?

Regardless, he was high. Jek looked down.

It had taken him a long time before he got used to the sight. Below him were a couple chutes, growing green with unidentifiable shapes whizzing through them. Below that, was nothing. It was an odd part of the city, where apparently the designers had decided that a ground wasn't needed- if you fell out of the chute, you'd fall, and never stop, vanishing into the clouds.

Jek was Chute Jumping right here, because he was out of options. Behind him he could hear the screams and shouts of the approaching criminals. A few shots missed Jek by a Bio, but he didn't blink. He had to focus.

Chute Jumping was more than a sport. It was an art. Jek looked down, and judged the wind speed, the air resistance, the force of gravity. He watched the chute, watched it pulse, it's outer field undulating in strength.

"That's ours, you Piraka! There might not be rules in the filth you come from but there are here!"

The thief's words didn't even provoke the smile that Jek that would have come to his face if he had taken time to admire the irony of robbers appeal to his honor.

Jek was focused, in a trance. Jump a moment too soon, and he'd slip away from the world, never to be remembered, never to be thought of. He wanted to live.

I want to live.

Jek took a breath of slimy sooty air and fell into the wind.

Shots missed him, and shouts were thrown after him, but he was gone, tumbling soaring, falling, buffeted by the air, trying to twist himself closer to the chute...

It's surface slid past him, too far to the left, and he realized there was nothing beneath him. He was going to fall away.

I want to live.

Jek did a flip, and managed to plunge his hand through the energy wall around the side of the chute. He had about half a second before it solidified, pushing him out into air, and a quarter second more until he fell away, leaving the chute above him.

Something had to come by.

Please, I want to live.

He would have prayed had he ever considered the idea of religion.

A form darted past, and Jek's hand closed around it, pulling him through the thickening field and into the safety of the transport chute. His entire body screamed at the change of direction, and he lost his grip almost immediately.

It didn't matter. The object he had gripped had been going fast enough that it had ripped him into the speedily moving protodermis.

Jek rubbed his arm and smiled. He was alive.

Jek turned to the object, and only now saw it was a person. A Matoran, who had been peacefully moving through the transport chute a moment ago.

Jek made a sort of I'm sorry expression, unable to manage any other form of communication until they exited. Either way, he would need to thank this stranger. He had saved Jek's life.

But Jek's celebration of his survival was cut short when he realized how turbulent things were getting. Both he and the matoran were being flung back and forth, from one side of the chute to another, and after Jek's fall, it was quite upsetting.

His perceptive eyes noted something- was that…?

He felt himself flung into the air again, through a hole in the tube, although this time the floor of the city loomed below.

He cursed colorfully.

At this height, it would be a painful death. Jek looked up, and once again, his life seemed to be saved. By a miracle, Jek had been flung out far enough that a chute support was within grasp. And he didn't hesitate- he grabbed it with lightning fast reflexes and swung himself onto the top of it, stringing to keep stable.

Jek took a huge breath. He was alive. Every part of his body was still intact. That was a true miracle, and for a moment he almost believed in fate. He was back where he had started- balancing on top of a beam. Jek didn't think he'd ever been so close to death, so soon, and only able to be saved by luck. He shook slightly as the adrenaline rush faded. After a minute or so, he noted the twin bloodstains on the concrete below. One was the matoran, he knew, and the other must have fallen earlier…

Between them was another Toa, blue. He was alive, and looking around, a deployed parachute on his back.

Maybe he knows what the deal is with that hole…

Jek sidled across the thin beam to thicker scaffolding and clambered down to the ground. He walked over to Zarembo, still cautious for one of the universe's next cruel tricks, but glad he wasn't moving so fast anymore.

"You know what happened here?"

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Ic: Eyes sharp, body loose.

As Zarembo undid the latches of the backpack and tossed it aside he saw a man approach him. He seemed alright and apparently was an indirect victim of the hole in the chute high above them, though notably better off than... some of the others who fell from it. "You know what happened here?" the man asked.

"Hey handsome," Zar said and kicked his foot loose from the parachute. "No, I don't know much," he admitted, "though I would wager that they had a speeder accident inside," and pointed at the wreckage of a couple vehicles, heaped and mangled beyond mere destruction. He warily looked around the area; still no sign of the Coppers or Gummies; he could linger a little and figure out what happened, if only to satisfy his matoranitarianism. But as soon as the authorities came he would have to bolt. He took no chances.

"Any more questions?" he asked as he stepped forward to investigate the wreckage himself, though he stole a glance up high to see if anyone else was coming out of the chute like he did. Not that there was too much he could do about it if anyone was...

-IC: Saevam Ensis, Plaza Nuva-

"I feel no shame in admitting that it is not so. Inform me of this undoubtedly moral-ladden fable, if you would be so kind," as he spoke, Saevae typed away on a seperate computer's keyboard, pausing only to switch to another monitor, check it briefly, and resume. Vod remained ignored, for the moment.

-IC: Y'zvan Milnkhejt, Plaza Nuva-

"No," Y'zvan stared at Kriate coolly, her aloofness an unimpenentrable a shield. Her lean, almost gaunt face, with its high, distinct cheekbones, and thin, unamused lips was the model of dispassion, her luminous green eyes gazing evenly into Kriate's. "Is there a reason for your inquiry?"

pNNgXax.jpg