The Best Laid Plans: Gameplay Topic

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - Avolka's WorkshopTicking and clacking echoed throughout the small building, the sound of clockwork filled the air. Out back, I was under a Street Racer, tinkering with the engine, the owner's precise request in mind.Make it go faster.

It was customers like this that made my day worthwhile. No specifics, no restrictions, just free reign over another man's pride and joy. I stood upright and popped the hood, admiring my work on the V-16 engine (chrome-plated, of course).As much of a fan of the Street Racing League as I was, it was the Hoverboard Duel sub-league that made Gearheadville a worthwhile place. I myself was a competitor. Not exactly high-ranking, maybe twenty-seventh overall. Of course, I was improving. As non-lethal as I tried to be, well... accidents happen, yeah?I closed the hood and waited for the owner to pick up his speed-machine. In the meantime, I decided to make modifications to my Hoverboard. I placed it upside-down on my workbench, and pulled out my clockmaker's tools, the only devices precise enough to be able to work on my Board. You know, sabotage and all. The stabilisers were out of alignment and the booster modules were busted after a particularly nasty bailout a few days prior. A few minutes work, and and it was (mostly) good as new. In good time, too. The hulking Le-Toa has returned to pick up his Street Racer. He smiled, rather threatingly, with several golden teeth, I might add, and said that he'd wire the widgets through to my account later on. I knew that he wouldn't, this being Gearheadville and all, so I guess I had to make sure he would.As he left the garage in his Racer, I quickly threw my Board down, jumped on it, and grabbed the rear spoiler of the machine. I'd done this a few times, all with similar (and satisfying) results. When we were far enough away from the Workshop, I jumped up on the Racer (kicking my Board up onto my back), and lept forward, on to the bonnet. It's at this point I lay my hand on my Katana's hilt, my finger firmly on the sheath's trigger.'So we're going to the bank are we?' I said with a grin.The sheer look of terror on his face brightened my day even more than working on that engine.OOC: Avolka Open for Interaction.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

OOC: I'll take that offer up, Kineticist. Been lookin' for a way to put Liluke in... :)

IC: Liluke (Gearheadville)

People were staring, as usual. Some with wonder, that something as old as a Maxilos Robot was still walking 'round. More with hate, knowing she was a Copper. And others just stared, sizing her up to see if she would interfere with their business. She just ignored them all, and continued walking.

Urg, she hated going on patrol. No matter where it was, she always got those same looks, of wonder, hate, and sizing.

Liluke paused as a Street Racer went by, with a Le-Toa in the driver's seat and a Ta-Toa on the hood. Of course something like this would happen on her shift.

Breaking into a light run, she soon caught up to the vehicle. Turning to look at the two on it, she spoke, robotic tones only barely having a hint of her old voice, even more than normal. Going for intimidation, here.

"Sirs, may I inquire as to why the Ta-Toa is on the hood of the vehicle?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Ic: "You want to know who did this?" Zarembo asked and gestured at the wreckage. "Somewhere in this mess of slagged and accordioned debris are a couple bodies, likely ground to mincemeat then roasted by the flames. Those are the people who did this. Who were they? People who screwed up."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Leyana

"Yes well...just be glad I didn't fall to my death. Do you know how much paperwork you'd have to do? I'd be crying in Artakha for you." I leaped off the edge of the rooftop nonchalantly, and landed on the roof of another, heading toward the Skrall's direction. While most people hated Skrall by default, and normally I probably would have been one of those people. But Krax was also a Copper, and I trusted all my fellow officers, and got along with most of them.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - whizzing through the streets at a high speed.I looked to the Copper and smiled. 'Think about it this way, ma'am. This is Gearheadville, I just repaired this man's car, and knowing him and his various associates in the Street Racing League, I'm not going to get paid. This is.... positive reinforcement, let's say. We're on our way to the bank right now, aren't we sir?'

'Yes! Yes we are!' The huge Le-Toa, strong as he was, lost all illusion of brutality when faced with a sword.

'Excellent. I'll be happy to jump off the car, ma'am, just as soon as he's made the transaction. Feel free to come along and supervise, if you wish.' I grinned, and jumped off the back of the Racer, landing on my Hoverboard, gripping the spoiler for dear life.'Avolka, by the way.'

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Liluke (High Speed Scene)

"That's probably a good idea, we wouldn't want any more than a transfer of money, now would we?"

As redundant as her statement was, it was true. More than a transfer of money could mean yet another body lying in an alley tomorrow, and besides: leaving her patrol route can be justified by 'supervision of unwilling payment to mechanic in order to stop possible illegal activities before they occur'.

Also patrol was boring as sitting on a bench without others to talk to. Not that she really fits on a bench anymore..

Noting the mechanic's other words, she speaks again.

"Well, if we're trading names, it's Liluke."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC(Zahga/Plaza Nuva):

taptaptaptaptaptap

click

taptaptaptaptaptaptap

That was the song that played daily for Zahga. The tapping from his keyboards and the clicking of various gears in the walls around him.

It wasn't the most popular sound in Phan-Metru, but Zahga could dance to it. If he wasn't busy.

"Sub-District 12 is......regular." he said aloud as he typed information into the computer. "Sub-District 678 is.....regular."

His basic job was the monitor pressure levels of the various districts. Of course, there was nearly nothing he could do if there was a problem. It seemed like the problems were growing, but the higher-ups told him otherwise.

"Sub-District 89 is......regular." he continued.

OOC: Open for interaction.

WIP

IC

“Esao.” His partner smiled good-naturedly. “Shut up.”

She holstered her gun, squatted down next to the guy Esao had just made rather intimate with his own bag of stolen cash. Taking hold of his wrists, she concentrated for a second. A set of rough handcuffs pulled themselves into existence around his wrists.

She stood, brushed metal shavings off her hands, face straight.“Drinks're on me tonight. Unless you'd rather go take some ballet lessons. That was a pretty halfhearted pirouette.”

IC: Koglar

Koglar sat in his chair in his office in Typewriter Town, furiously pounding away on his computer. The article would be published sometime next week. He got up, went outside, and started to walk around.

OOC:

Open for interaction.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Raskino / Typewriter Town

As Koglar moved about outside, he would happen to see a rather odd sight in an alleyway. There, a tall being with dark armor stood in front of another gumshoe journalist who he recognized. Normally, this would have seemed just like a regular group of gumshoes talking in an alleyway... if it were not for the fact that, in that very moment, the figure presented a staff which suddenly flashed with a red light, and the other gumshoe stumbled back.

He also appeared to have noticed the Toa of Crystal, as his head turned and his eyes were locked on. It was now apparent, as he turned slightly, one of his legs was completely mechanical.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

A quick correction would fix up what Koglar had thought he'd seen; the other figure, who held the staff, was definitely not a Toa. He was quite a bit bigger. Possibly a short Vortixx, but a bit too spiky.

Raskino saw that another Toa was joining the first at the edge of the alleyway; the journalist before him was still recovering from having his memories blasted. The Haeron turned to the journalist and said, "It's been a pleasure talking with you, Mr. Saero. If you have any questions, please page me; 235 in Red Quarters."

With that, he slowly began to walk away; he needed to get out of here, but he didn't want to look suspicious. It was hardly like he could run anyways.

OOC: Too many Toa in the world. I decided this contest on a single rule that would guide my character making decisions - one Toa. Only one Toa per RPG, if even that many. There's just too many.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC

Jek watched Cral go with a sense of lethargy before doing as the Toa of stone had done. There was nothing else to be seen here, nothing more to discover. His weird sense of recognition was just deja vu- nothing of import. What was important was finding somewhere to hole up, sleep, and mentally recover from his near-encounter with death.

He began walking in the direction Zarembo had pointed, towards Geaheadville. As he walked, Jek threw a glance over his shoulder, wondering despite his better instincts what the too-prepared too-cautious mechanic was going to do.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC:

Aunae jumped the expanse from the one condominium to the next, landing on her feet. She quickly dropped to her knees and hands so she didn't stagger, and once she was sure she wasn't in any danger of falling over, quickly running across the roof she was on, jumping to the next building, which was a good size larger than the building she was atop. She grabbed the edge of the roof, slowly pulling herself up and over the edge.

Once she was safely atop, she took the opportunity to look back and see how far she'd come. Which was not very far.

Three buildings down, She thought, turning to begin running at the next buiding, Just about a Hundred left.

She jumped, landing solidly on the roof, pausing to regain her balance.

Easy enough.

OOC: Aunae, the courier, open to interact.

IC: Liluke (Following said Street Racer)

"Nay, sir. I'm a Maxilos Robot-well, in a way. It's a strange story, best told 'round a campfire. Heh, not that you could find any of those in this city. Only types of fire you'll find are the kind made by Toa and others with elemental abilities, and perhaps the kind you find in a garbage can with homeless beings standing 'round it to get warm in the winter."

Zakaro

Edited by Zakar0%

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC(Zahga):

"Sub-District 455....is regular."

Zahga whistled slowly. He had been checking District levels for close to a hour now. He figured there would be no problem with taking a break. He turned off the light in the room, as he walked towards the door.

A few minutes later, he was standing in a more Suit dominated sector of Plaza Nuva, an area that held most of the controls and systems of the entire city.

"Just smell that air." he said to himself, taking a deep breath.

WIP

IC: Liluke (Still along side said Racer)

The robot's head just looks at the fireball for a second or two, before it's mechanized voice starts to laugh. It's a crackly, digitalized laugh-almost like a recording of laughter sent through a prototype radio-but laughter none the less.

"Well, seeing as you've so kindly provided with a campfire, I'll comply."

She stops as the Racer hits the bump and Avolka is nearly knocked off.

"One second."

She speeds up slightly, coming to the side of the Le-Toa driver.

"Sir, I'd advise you to slow down, you're a bit over the speed limits. Also, how much longer until we reach this bank?"

Her words seem normal enough, but there's only a hint of something beyond pure robotic tones, something cold and unfeeling.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Avolka'Another two minutes, at least! It's a big city, you know!' The Le-Toa was petrified, but seemed to calm down in the presence of the Copper.

There was a noticeable drop in speed as Liluke went up to the front of the Racer, and I had a much easier time keeping upright, even gave me the opportunity to pull off a few tricks. 'How are we doing up there?' I yelled forward to the Le-Toa and the Maxilos.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: VoloBar, Typewriter TownThis particular bar Volo frequented was small, cozy, and unknown save to people familiar with Phan-Metru's layout and people too lost to find anywhere else to go. The former group was why Volo frequented this place; people familiar with the city would naturally be more familiar with local goings-on, and Volo had observed many times in the past that alcohol was an ideal mediator for interviews.His hand, almost of its own accord, fingered the pack of cigarettes in his jacket pocket as he glanced around the locale. It's just a habit, he assured himself easily. Nothing wrong with habits.The decor was as low-key as the faulty neon sign above the bar's front door would suggest: plain, mainly wooden for purposes of antique aesthetics, lit by a few lightstone lamps hanging from the ceiling to create a warm if absent aura. The floor creaked when it had to bear someone overweight. Glassware glinted in shelves behind a wooden counter that jutted from the back wall and curved so the pair of on-duty bartenders could serve people on a one hundred eighty degree plane.The quaint appearance of this bar was accurate in implying the beverages sold here were first-class.Too bad Volo didn't normally drink.OOC: Volo's open for interaction.IC: XhanaPlaza NuvaI'm not one to brag (okay, usually), but the view from a room near the top of a Plaza Nuva condominium's spire is a luxury afforded only to Plaza Nuva's most lucrative and successful individuals. Boasting about owning a room with such a view is also a luxury. Having a rich, late father whose inheritance was majorly granted to me is a third.I could go on counting, but counting is boring.I'm a police officer thanks to my father's influence and cash. I deserve this room -- it's the perfect retreat from kicking crime's butt, after all. That's the occupation for which I clock in and clock out. That's what the badge on my chest proclaims through an all-capitals title: OFFICER XHANA.Speaking of badges and clocking in, I have exactly ten minutes to get to the station.I jump into the elevator and hit a button. I grant myself the well-deserved luxury of hitting a sequence of buttons that brings the elevator directly to the ground floor without stopping. It's a secret reserved only to cops and rich people.What do you know? -- I'm both.Ding. I step out. My badge and polished armor gleam equally.I don't turn many heads in the condo's lobby today. My record is twenty-three, during a holiday when people visiting their family, friends, or one-night stands were crowded around the receptionist's desk.The receptionist knows me vaguely, so she nods as I pass. She looks inordinately dull today. I should offer to pay for a salon appointment for her. Birthday present, maybe? I dismiss that idea as I strut out the condo's front doors; after all, I don't know her birthday.OOC: Xhana also open for interaction on her way to her respective police station.

IC: Liluke (Beside Racer)

"Well, our Le-Toa driver says that we've got two more minutes at the least 'til arrival at the bank, but that may be effected by our lesser speed."

Liluke has slowed down and fallen back once more, running beside Avolka instead of by the driver.

"Now, where was I.. ah, yes. The beginning. I was just another Copper, doing my job and helping out the people best I could...."

She relays her tale in simple format, not sharing any specific names other than her own, and outlining it as somewhat a campfire tale, made to send little ones to their beds just a little bit scared. It's a tale of chasing, fighting, falling, and escaping. A tale of watching, flying, searching, and convincing.

It's a tale of rebirth.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

The Crystal toa turned to Cral and said, "No, there was a guy in that alleyway." He looked around and pointed at a figure. He could now see he wasn't a Toa, instead some odd mix between Skakdi and Vortixx. He started to walk up to him, nodding for Cral to follow him. He made a small hand signal that was commonly interpreted as, Come on, follow me. I need backup.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Well, might as well start.

IC:

Flaredrick walked in the Plaza, heading towards any place that might interest him. Currently he feels alone in the world. Ever since the creation of Phan Metru, he never joined any of the known factions. He could never find his place in the world. But now it was time, this place was different. He started heading towards The Ghetto, to see what he could get into trouble.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Koglar pointed at the figure, who had left the alleyway and was walking into a crowd. Koglar said, "That's him. He used this staff on a guy, and that guy stumbled back." Koglar used his Mahiki, and turned himself into what looked like an ordinary Toa of Ice, wearing a Kadin. Koglar took out his journal, and scribbled into it, Subject used strange staff on victim. Red light flashed. Subject appears to be odd cross of sorts between Vortixx and Skakdi. Shorter than a Vortixx, and spiky. Koglar looked up, and ran as fast as he could. He got in front of the figure, pulled out his camera, and snapped a photo.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Or, at least, Kolgar would have snapped a photo, had the other being not raised his hand and used his telekinetic powers to cause the camera to suddenly fly away, snapping only a picture of the wall.

Raskino continued to manipulate his telekinetic powers, and attempted to get a telekinetic grasp so he could raise Koglar into the air. Noting the other figure behind him, Raskino activated his powers behind him, causing the trash cans and filth and a few dead animals from the alleyway to raise a wall of trash behind him. That nuisance occupied, he raised his staff and, with a memory wipe of ten minutes, activated it. If he was successful, Koglar would lose all memory of the last ten minutes.

IC: CralCral saw Koglar about to take a photo, then the being used some type of telekinetic powers on him. Before anything happened, a wall of trash-and carrion- blocked his way. Who is this? Cral activated his mask of strength and tried punching through the wall. It was strong, but he was slightly stronger. There is strength in numbers, and the wall was too thick, but that didn't stop him from trying.

Koglar looked at the staff once and knew what he had to do. He activated his elemental powers, and crystal spikes started jutting up in the ground around Koglar and Raskino. Koglar looked like a Ko-Toa thanks to his Mahiki, so Raskino would have been surprised at his use of Crystal.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Any surprise would be negated by the sheer similarity of crystals to ice - both taking on a crystalline form in most cases, of course. This was more of an irritation than anything else; in the past, Toa were rare and often respected. In the city today, you couldn't throw a stick without hitting one. This also meant you had to get more used to elemental powers from nowhere.

Whatever surprise was had, though, did not negate two things - Koglar was now looking at the staff, and it had just activated. That was a rather bad thing.

OOC: Spikes from the ground are supposed an item that's been activated from activating how? You might still have some chance, but I think you mostly blew it. Luckily it's non-lethal.

OOC:

It was supposed to either knock the staff out of Raskino's hands, or better yet, hit Raskino in the chest.

IC: Kolgar

Red light filled Kolgar's eyes, and Koglar found himself in the air, facing a figure that didn't seem quite Vortixx, but not quite anything else. Kolgar shouted, "How did I get here! You must have done something! I was sitting in my chair in my office, and here I am!" Koglar focused himself, and tried to create another spike to hit the figure facing him in the chest.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Perhaps, but it was hardly put in such a manner.

Raskino raised his hand and created a telekinetic barrier, stopping the spike, which he then tosssed off, where it got lost in the wall of trash behind him. Using his powers on himself, he rose a few feet into the air. Calmly, he explained, "Sir, I have no idea what you could possibly mean. You and this other Toa behind that wall came after me in this alleyway. You seemed to be under some form of mind control, so I gave you a firm whack on the head - apologies for any mask damage, but I don't think I hit that hard."

With that, he released his hold on Koglar - though movign him away from the spikes, in a mock gesture of kindness by not dropping him on the spiky ground. "I'm not sure, but I think your 'companion' is trying to kill me."