The Best Laid Plans: Gameplay Topic

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - Behind a Street RacerBy the end of her story I was a bit wide-eyed, my jaw hanging open.

'Wow. Just.... wow.' I quickly composed myself. 'Say, after this is done and dusted, you want to come back to the Workshop? I'm a mechanic and clockmaker, I could probably help modify the Maxilos unit you're wearing. I might even have a spare Hoverboard lying around.'

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Liluke (Still beside Racer)

"Eh, why not. I'm quite sure there's more than a few pistons that could really be replaced, and additions would be nice."

It's true about all of that, she does need some things replaced. One shoulder still won't move as much to the left as she'd like, among other issues.

Not that she'll let down her guard with this mechanic. He seems nice enough, but that's no excuse if you find yourself body-less again.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - Behind a Street Racer'I wasn't kidding about the Hoverboard, either. I've no need for it, I mean, I've got my baby right here,' I said, looking down at my feet. 'It could probably help you on patrol. Heck, if you're interested, I might even get you into the League.' I had nothing to hide. True, the Hoverboard Duel League wasn't exactly the most legitimate sport on the street, but most of the races were by the Suits, who had authority above and beyond the Coppers. Heck, I knew Coppers who got in on the act more than once.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

-IC: Saevam Ensis, Nuva Plaza-

"Indeed." Saevam stared blankly, though one could almost feel the sea of thoughts that surrounded him, a sea of thoughts and possibilites, physically hidden to the casual observer. "And what do you believe we should do, sir? Do you have a recommended course of action?"

-IC: Y'zvan Milnkhejt, Nuva Plaza-

Y'zvan nodded, and began to walk, as darkly graceful as a predator, yet as utilitarian as a heartless machine, systematically measuring each stride for maximum conservation of energy, maximum length, and maximum speed, consciously controlling nigh all aspects of her body.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC(Zahga)/Nuva Plaza: After a few minutes of stretching his gears, saying hi to some co-workers, and watching the rush of the Plaza, Zahga headed back to his office. "Lights." he announced as he flicked them on in his office. "Cameras." he turned on a few monitors, showing movement in the outlaying areas in the Plaza. "Action."

WIP

IC: Koglar

Koglar turned to the Po-Toa and said, "We were being mind controlled, apparently. This fellow saved me from the control." He looked back at the figure and said, "Thank you. Do you mind if I take a photo with you? You did save me. You're a hero, after all."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Raskino / Typewriter Town

It was a good thing that Raskino never smiled, because most people would have let their stupid grins shine in this situation. Instead, he simply lowered himself to the ground and said. "I apologize, but that's not a possibility. I'm not the type for cameras."

Or, more appropriately, he wasn't supposed to be seen if possible.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Volo's open for interaction.

IC: (Adala, Typerwiter Town Bar)

Normally I didn't go to bars this early and no, it's not what people think. I don't drink that often. Gumshoes had to pick the right locations to reach their contacts. The type of locale depended on what offered the most security or made their contact comfortable. Some contacts preferred the loud nightclubs with the bass constantly thumping, made it harder to talk, but also made it harder for anyone to listen in. Others preferred cafes, as everyone seemed to always be so quiet, also buying your contact a coffee and a muffin seemed to put them at ease, made them think you were their friend, which you could be. Finally we have bars just like this one, low-key places where everyone minds their own business. It's an unspoken rule and breaking it can bring a whole mess of trouble.

I sat down at a table, resting comfortably into the soft cushions as I looked about the area, sitting about two tables away was a Ta-Matoran. He was about as tall as any Matoran, wearing deep red armor, his arms and legs a sort of yellowish-orange. The look he had as he scanned about the room, he was fishing for something of interest. Before his eyes caught mine, I looked down and pulled out the notepad from my satchel. I was lucky that Deputy Minister Etolin's disappearance had attracted attention away from me. Reporters of every ilk, people I once thought were my friends, gutted me, attacked me, left me broken. I lost so many "friends" in that ensuing smear campaign. I don't even know what I stumbled across, but somebody wanted my credibility destroyed and they got that.

Only for a while though, that's all they would get. My father always sad I was incredibly stubborn, guess he was right.

I flipped open the notepad, scribbling some notes down.

Plaza Nuva- Where all the white collars live and work. As much as I dislike the idea of it I might need a team if I expect to get any information there. Breaking and entering likely.

Gearheadville- Hot bikes and usually even hotter mechanics. I'd rather avoid Gearheadville, but I don't have much of a choice, I need a speeder, no money to buy one though.

Stab 'N' Grab- Where I bought my revolver, great place for info if you're willing to pay more for it, usually reliable.

Ghetto- Best for any info on gang movements, current plans, deep cover might be necessary if I want to get anywhere here.

I rest my left hand on my head, sighing. So once again I was at square one. Brilliant.

Edited by Master of Masks

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

If I was still in the habit of smiling, I probably would've. Instead, I just nod curtly, giving the screen another cursory glance, even though there was no new information displayed on it pertaining to the subject at hand.

"The police force has proven themselves inadequate for this particular job," I explain, stopping myself at the last second from using the more casual "Coppers" instead, "I'd suggest a less scrupulous interest group, one who will stop at nothing to get information."

I pause for a beat, letting what I said sink in, before finishing with, "We need a Gumshoe on the job."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Leyana

"I'd take my sweet time to file it if it did. The worst thing they could do would be to fire me from being dead." I leaped off another rooftop, landing right by said Skrall.

I deactivated my comm, looking at Krax. "Well, think I've done enough playing solo for one day."

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC:

How does Cral know Koglar's name? Kolgar isn't going to point it out in the coming IC because of his mind wipe, but Cral shouldn't know his name.

IC: Koglar

Koglar nodded, and said, "Thanks for saving me." He went up to Cral, and said, "So, who are you?" He glanced over his shoulder to see if he was out of the figure's earshot, and once he was said, "I don't trust that guy. What do you think happened?" He started flipping through his notebook, knowing he wrote down everything.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Then how did Koglar know Cral's name? I'm confused now. I never explaine it in IC mode. See:

IC: KoglarThe Crystal toa turned to Cral and said, "No, there was a guy in that alleyway." He looked around and pointed at a figure. He could now see he wasn't a Toa, instead some odd mix between Skakdi and Vortixx. He started to walk up to him, nodding for Cral to follow him. He made a small hand signal that was commonly interpreted as, Come on, follow me. I need backup.

IC: Cral"Who I am? The name's Cral. What happened...you don't know? So, you came out of a building, we met up, we went to follow the being, I got trapped on the other side of a trash heap, and yeah. That's all."

IC: Raskino / Typewriter Town

Raskino dropped all telekinetic grip on the wall of trash that still remained. After a brief moment of checking the two - no cameras ready, good - and then activated a powerful telekinetic burst, hurtling himself onto the top of the building above and vanishing.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: I'm getting into action since no one responded

IC:

Flaredrick was later met by some gangsters. Armed with machetes, knives, a few pistols. Flaredrick got out his shotgun and turned around, aiming at each of them. There was probably a total of six surrounding him. He then fired at one, kicked another in the face. Then he got hit in the back, he fired at him. He then switched to his rifle and shot five shots at them, striking one in the head. One of them shot him in the shoulder, but he was later met with a bullet to the head.

The rest later ran away. Flaredrick now has injuries in the back and shoulder. What help could be found here. So he headed towards Gearheadville.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Liluke (Stopping)

As the Racer skids to a stop beside her, Liluke ends her movement in quite a different way.

Namely, by jumping, half-flipping and landing on her hands, and pushing herself backwards and onto her feet with her hands.

She's found it's remarkably effective.

"Well, this isn't the bank I'd trust with my money, but to each their own."

Her statement isn't unwarranted, the bank itself is somewhat run-down, the sign looking ready to fall off, and the doors creak as a light breeze blows through.

Not a happy place, in her opinion.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC(Drox): In a world built on deception, a mask is key.

And no, not the masks that everyone wears, using to do their day-by-day labors, the ones they supposedly can't live without.

I'm talking about the full-body masks, the ones that everyone wears in public. The constantly-smiling, slick, and oily mask of a suit; the super intelligent, focused, in control mask of a gumshoe; the subservient mask of the Ghetto-dweller. All of them wear masks.

And it's my job to uncover them.

I enter the apartment much as a have the last few ages (or what seems like ages, I can't seem to separate the two). That is to say, I run in, check the street corner for followers, then softly close the door, careful not to make any sudden or loud noises.

Not that anyone could hear me, with the noise from those Gear head engines.

I turn on the lights, and sit at my slightly uncomfortable chair, in front of a well used typewriter. The desk on which it sits is small, mostly bare, and rickety; it rocks as I sit in the chair. I set my hat next to the typewriter, and lay my coat on the other side. And then, I begin to type.

What, you expected me to pull out a pipe? Take my gun and shoot a hole in the wall for another solved case? You watch too many movies.

What did happen was release. Release from the tension of the hunt, that cat-and-mouse game that drives a gumshoe with any sense. Those long waits, the adrenaline rush as you finally see your target, and the moment when you pull the trigger.

No, I'm not an assassin. I'm a gumshoe. But in this town, I might as well be.

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

-IC: Saevam Ensis, Nuva Plaza-

"Then find one, and hire them," Saevam's stare hovered on Vod for only a moment more, and then he was turning to half-heartedly gaze at one of his screens. "If you barged into my abode simply to ask for a blessing, you have it. Go forth, and cease your untolerable inability to knock."

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: I'm getting into action since no one responded

IC:

Flaredrick was later met by some gangsters. Armed with machetes, knives, a few pistols. Flaredrick got out his shotgun and turned around, aiming at each of them. There was probably a total of six surrounding him. He then fired at one, kicked another in the face. Then he got hit in the back, he fired at him. He then switched to his rifle and shot five shots at them, striking one in the head. One of them shot him in the shoulder, but he was later met with a bullet to the head.

The rest later ran away. Flaredrick now has injuries in the back and shoulder. What help could be found here. So he headed towards Gearheadville.

OOC: Hey, guess what.

IC:

Flaredrick suddenly saw a Silver-colored Toa dart past him, carrying on her back...

His sword!

Aunae smirked to herself as she ran. She'd finished her delivery, and had been heading back to where she was staying when she came across Flaredrick, who was finishing his battle with some thugs. So, she decided to take his sword.

Quickly looking over it, she noticed how it seemed to be made of a good metal, and decided that it would fetch a good price among The Rabble. Maybe Fortis had some sort of lieutenant that was a Ta-Toa, or simply liked how the sword looked.

Glancing back, she knew the first thing to do before putting a price on the sword, was to outrun its former owner.

OOC:

Cral referred to Koglar by name in speech, while I referred to Cral by name in narration. There's a difference.

IC Koglar

Koglar said to Cral, "Found it. 'Subject used strange staff on victim. Red light flashed. Subject appears to be odd cross of sorts between Vortixx and Skakdi. Shorter than a Vortixx, and spiky.' Just before I came to in the alleyway, I a red light filled my eyes. That guy was the person in my notes, but I can't make anything else of it." He looked back around, and shrugged. "So, where do you work? By the way, I'm Koglar."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: CralThen maybe the red light was the source in the memory loss. Cral thought about that, then remembered he was being asked a question."Where I work...I don't have an 'official' job, but I help out throughout the whole city during most work hours. And I suppose you work for some paper, based on where I saw you before we saw the Vortixx like thing."

IC:

"HEY!'' Flaredrick ran as fast as he could. Even though he doesn't have his sword, he still has one thing, his semi-auto rifle. He fired shots at the thief, making sure to put minor injuries in the thief so he can interrogate the person. that sword is his pride and joy ever since he became a Toa a long time ago. If he losses it now, he'll have no melee weapon. He then threw a few fire grenades at the thief, making sure not to kill her in the process. By the looks of the thief she was a female.

IC:

Aunae moved as soon as she saw the Toa reach for his weapon. She quickly created a makeshift shield using her natural armor, hearing the bullets embed themselves into the cheap metal. When the Toa failed to hurt her, he reached for some small objects on his belt.

Eyes widening, Aunae quickly started to run away as fast as she could, only to have an incredible burst of heat suddenly appear behind her. Before she knew what had happened, she was on the ground, slowly getting back up.

IC(Zahga):

Zahga was scanning camera channels from around the city. There weren't too many cameras, but just enough to keep the city secure. He tapped his keyboard and he switched to a camera that wasn't too far from Gearville. It slowly came into focus, and saw Flaredrick deploy what appeared to be balls. The resulting explosion told Zahga otherwise. Zahga manually took over the camera, adjusting it to see what the explosion hit. As it panned, he caught sight of Aunae, barely out of frame.

Zahga grabbed the radio and called up the closest Copper Station. "This is Zahga, Level C. You need to send some guys out near camera..." he glanced back to the monitor and rattled off it's I.D. code. "It looks like one of them is armed with explosives. No. Saw it on the camera. Right. Thanks."

And with that, Zahga turned back to the monitor, ready to watch the scene unfold.

WIP

OOC: The grenades are made by his element. He has no belt.

Also going first-person

IC:

I ran quickly at the thief after successfully knocking her down. I fired as fast as I can at her, making sure not to critically injure her. I held the gun point blank over her head, while I raised a hand, fist flaming. "Now that wasn't very nice. I suggest you give it back, before i take drastic measures."

I then saw a camera from the corner of my, and shot it with a fireball, while still keeping eye on her.

IC:

"Can't a girl sell some stuff to get money around here?" Aunae protested. She had rolled onto her back, and was lying on the ground, propping herself up with her elbows.

"Have a heart mister!" Aunae gave the Ta-Toa the best puppy-dog eyes that she had, hoping to get out with his sword at the most, and a bit of his cash at the least.

IC:Ergh, as much as I hate her for taking my sword. I feel sorry for her. I could just give her some cash in exchange for it. Or I could just beat her up and make my way towards Gearheadville. OOC: This is a karma moment. Blue means good, and red means bad. I plan on using this format whenever I'm in a situation that involves him making a hard decision. As for what path I'll take I choose good.

IC:

"Look I got some cash with me. How about You give my sword and I give you the money. Deal?" I look at her with the straightest face I could make. I don'teven know this girl, and I have no idea what she could do to me when I give her the cash. But it's a risk I'm willing to take.

IC:

"That's not quite everything," I elaborate as a faint, flickering sneer passes of my otherwise placid face, "While I'm gone, I need you to keep a tight grasp on the media regarding the Deputy Minister; enough panic was been sown around the city with reports of Etolin's disappearance already. We can't afford any more unsatisfactory news about him getting across the populace."

I don't wait for a response before I turn for the door, "I'm heading over to Typewriter Town; if something comes up, contact me, understand?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC(Zahga):

The monitor went to static after that fireball hit the camera. Zahga swore loudly and grabbed the radio again. "You need to get down there NOW! They just destroyed one of the cameras, that I'm probably gonna have to go out and replace myself. No. The camera just went out! I know it was them. How? Not every camera blows up from fireballs. Okay, okay, okay. Just-okay. Now go!"

Zahga slammed the radio down. He looked back at the monitor, and switched to a different camera, this one of the main square in Gearheadville.

OOC: I'm gonna RP some NPC Coppers, instead of making a whole bunch of them.

IC(NPC Coppers):

A half-dozen or so pairs of feet could be heard approaching Flaredrick and Aunae.

"The call said they were near here, spread out." one of the coppers shouted to the rest. "Do not open fire unless fired upon."

WIP

IC:

"So come hun, what's the deal? I don't have all day."

I then hear the stomping of feet in the distance. Great now I really upset the city. What to do now?

I could just take the sword and leave the cash on her, and make my way to Gearheadville. Or take the sword and fire upon them, leaving her in the cross-fire.

OOC: I'm waiting on Rehn to reply to this. Until then I'll think of what path to take.