The Best Laid Plans: Gameplay Topic

IC: Koglar

Koglar led Aunae over to the edge of platform. There, they could get some of the liquid Protodermis that flew in the chutes, and, according to Koglar's device, had Antidermis in it. Koglar said, "Make a small container of sorts so we can hold the liquid Protodermis."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Aunae came back and Koglar dipped the sphere into the flow of the Chutes. The sphere filled up, and Koglar took it out. He held the Antidermis detector up to the sphere and it started hissing very loudly and the needle pointed to high levels.

IC: Unit #1

The Kranua looked for his target. The Toa of Fire had not been caught by any of Unit #1's energy bubbles, but the heavy duty Vahki did not give up that easily. He switched on heat vision, and started following the Ta-Toa by tracing his feet's heat traces.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Minutes later, the 'bus' arrived at the Chute station nearest to the building where Koglar worked. He said, "Follow me.", and took off through the streets, heading towards his paper's building. He got there and entered, with Aunae close behind. He went over to the elevator and got in it, followed by the female Fe-Toa. They emerged on the laboratory floor of the building, a floor filled with scientists in white lab coats, white floors and glass walls.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Liluke (Following Alvolka)

Curses, he's splitting away.

She launches herself over the edge, landing on the street half-a building ahead of her launch point. That was one advantage she had over the mechanic, leaping distance and length.

Unless he manages to find something to use as a ramp.

Seeing the Ta-Toa shoot ahead, she breaks into a sprint.

As she thought, this isn't a race she'll win, but it's not one that could be considered a crushing.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Koglar led the female Toa of Iron to a lab, and entered it. A scientist came up to him and said, "Did the device work?"

"Good news: Yes. Bad news: There is Antidermis in the Chutes."

"What?"

"She has a container filled with liquid Protodermis from the Chutes."

"I'll get right on extracting the Antidermis from it."

Koglar turned to Aunae and put his hands about a foot apart. They glowed with elemental energy, and the Toa of Crystal started to form a diamond. He finished, leaving a medium sized diamond between his palms. The pastel yellow Toa handed the grey Toa the gemstone and said, "A little thanks for your troubles."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

"Yeah. If you take a left after exiting this building, and walk about three blocks, there will be a hotel on your left. Big, grand, don't think you could miss it. Thanks for helping me!" The team of scientists were now drilling a hole into the sphere and extracting the liquid inside. Koglar turned to one and said, "How did the detector work, any ways?" The scientist responded, "Antidermis gives off a unique energy signal. That machine was tuned to pick up on it."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - Nearing Avolka's Workshop very quickly

Sixty bios. Fifty. Forty. Then I heard an alarming grinding sound beneath my feet as the Thruster Modules locked up. 'No, no, no, no!' I kick the switch again and again, trying to reboot them, but it just wouldn't go. Liluke was catching up. Very fast.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Liluke (Racing)

The mechanic was quite the distance ahead, blazing a trail behind him- and he's faltering, slowing and grinding against the ground.

It's times like this that she wishes she was still in her old body, because it's things like this that would inspire her to give a burst of speed, grinning all the way. But instead she finds that the Maxilos is already going at the speeds she's comfortable with, the speeds she can still react to.

And of course the Maxilos' voice box can't move. Can't grin. Can't frown.

Letting out a small sigh and letting her memories and wishes go, Liluke drops into a slide, the sleek armor allowing her body to just slip along without major noise or damage. There would be some sound, and some more dents and scrapes, but it's not like it really matters. She can always get it fixed, now or later.

"This the place?"

She's put her hand on the walls of some mechanic's workshop, one that didn't see to be occupied at the moment. The mechanic was likely behind her or preparing to fly off once more, but he seemed the type that would at least give her an answer before shooting off again.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:

Bloody know-it-all.

"You're quick, Mr. Mantox," I reply, not allowing any trace of anxiety enter my voice, "Well, at least I think your name is Mantox -- given the amount of information which you're willing to share it with me, I'll assume that it's an alias.

"First of all, the situation I wish to discuss with you today is the disappearance of Deputy Minister Etolin. I trust you're already aware of the known facts pertaining to it, so I'll skip the redundancy of laying them all out for you. As you've witnessed, the police are woefully inadequate for this particular task.

"Thus, we need someone to continue the search who has more experience working around the law and has more favour amongst the general population of Phan-Metru. Perhaps, what did you call it, an "investigative Gumshoe".

"So," I finish, leaning on my elbows, "Anything comments?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - Avolka's Workshop

Beaten! By a girl, no less! Oh well, I was a man of my word. I powered down my Board, and tossed it onto a nearby workbench. Blasted thing can wait, I've got a customer.

'So, do we just want a general repair today, any modifications of any sort? I've still got that hoverboard out back if you're keen.' I flinched slightly, then went to grab my tools 'Mata Nui... sorry, just realised that I've never worked on a person before.'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

I made it to the final lap, when on the big hairpin, a car of a Copper came. All the but one racer left the race. It was me, and a large red hot rod, behind me. Everyone else left like the scared little Mahi they are. When I exited the hairpin, both the Copper, and the Hot rod were next to me. I could just shot the Coppers tires and leave him to run for us. Or I could just shot the racer in the head and leave myself with the Copper.

OOC: I'll decide what side to take when someone else posts.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

The smaller of the two tubes filled up with a green liquid. Koglar leaned it and tapped the glass. All of the paper's employees were watching. The lead scientist announced, "That is Antidermis. There is Antidermis in the Chutes." Silence fell over the employees.

Then, the head of the paper walked out and said, "We were just contacted by a Suit. He says that a meeting he was just in announced there was Antidermis in the Chutes. We have a dual confirmation of this story people. Get typing! We're publishing an extra!"

Koglar sat back down and started to furiously type away at his computer, talking of how he found the Antidermis in the Chutes.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Gumokk stood and gave another polite nod to Song. He did nothing but smirk at Enaltai. If it came to physical violence he was at least head taller than the Toa, and was easily twice the bulk. And if the Toa thought he was another dumb Skakdi that could be taken off guard by Kanohi and elemental powers he would be sorely mistaken. His impudence was almost charming it was so hilariously misguided.

"I shall await your communication," he said to Song before turning to leave

IC: Krax mumbled an agreement at the Artahkan weaponry. It seemed rather unfair to him, that the Great Beings had bestowed magnificent powers on those from the Matoran universe, and great weaponry and the means to keep that weaponry running while those on Bara Magna were left to watch their powered swords slowly depower into normal swords.

Still, mustn't go picking over old wounds. And the powers and weaponry often acted as a crutch for the Matoran-kine allowing someone like him who'd relied on smarts and physicality to overbear them. So it wasn't that bad

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I've made a decision

IC:

I took out my blaster, and shot the Coppers tires off. Then quickly accelerated to the finish line. The Hot Roder was close to me, but I was able to win by the nose of my car. I kept on going, seeing that Coppers might still be on us. So I headed into a back alley that was dark enough to conceal me. I turned off the lights, and waited for 30 seconds.

Nothing.

So I headed back to the garage to get a new coat of paint on this so it won't be recognizable.

IC: Leyana

"You know..." I began, looking at Krax's weapons, he had the standard skrall sword, shield, a zamor launcher. "You could always get some more...advanced weapons."

"Not that there's anything wrong with what you have already! Just saying it's an option."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"If you expect ballet lessons out of me in this lifetime, there'd better be a lot of drinks on you." I took a look back at the thugs on the ground, and then back up again to the roof, where the mook had either bled out by now or strapped some sort of tourniquet to his screwed up thigh. Chances that he would walk or play sports normally again: minimal. But then again, there wasn't a lot of walking you could do in a prison cell. Or a lot of Kolhii sticks you could find lying around in Maximum Security. Or a lot of bending you could do if you dropped the...anyway. It was no longer my problem; it had become his the moment he turned around and tried to pop off on your boy. "Think we should scamper to the bar, let some beat cop book this one? My body's already great enough without another commendation hanging from it."

IC

The Toa snorted. "The higher-ups ain't gonna be happy with you leavin' your trash lyin' around. But if you wanna get outta paperwork that bad..."

She shrugged. "Who'm I to say no. Let's get going."

A glance over her shoulder: the other cops were catching up. Taking their time. Esao was known for two things: being dramatic and being thorough. If a punk could still walk after meeting Esao, then the meeting wasn't over yet. Work was done, except the papers. Blowing out would save them an hour of forms, and make the slackers look good. Win-win for everyone.

IC: Krax held his sword out, the blade pointing up to the sky.

"This blade saw me through the Core War. It helped me survive the Shattering. When the world turned mad and we marched on Atero, my blade was by my side and in my hand when needed. When we Skrall were scattered after your god struck down Tuma, all I ever needed was this very sword." He turned to face Leyana, "Replacing it seems...blasphemous by this point."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Leyana

"Oh I see, it's sedimental." I mussed, nodding with understanding. "I personally prefer my range weapons, but I do have this baby for those close ranged encounters." I tapped the hilt of my sheathed katana the was attached to my belt, near my left hip.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Liluke (Workshop)

"I'm not surprised. Usually people in need of fixing go to a hospital, not a random mechanic's shop. Then again, it's not like I'm truly a person. You're not going to find any organic bits in here, as far as I know."

She pauses to shrug, before continuing.

"But anyway, I think just a general fix-up plus the hoverboard integrated into the boots will be fine."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

'Hmmm... I can do the repair, for sure. But the hoverboard integration might take some effort. I could just install mag-levs into your feet, but that would mean I'd have to build them from scratch, and with my methods, that takes weeks to get right. That, and hoverboots are very unstable and hard to direct. Believe me, I've tried.' I grabbed a few bits of scrap, tinkering with them. It's what I do when I think.

'Or, and this is much easier, I could integrate a magnetic holster into your back, and you could store the board there.' I quickly ran out back, grabbed the board, a bit of a junker at the moment, and presented it to Liluke. 'This'll just need a touch-up beforehand, but I assure you it's quality, one-of-a-kind. Can't find a board like this anywhere else in the city.'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Liluke (Shop)

She takes the board, looking it over while replying.

"I wouldn't be surprised at that. Heck, I'd say the only boards in this city that aren't unique are the ones fresh off the mass-produced assembly lines, and those usually are taken and modified quite a lot before any type of use.

But yeah, the magnetic holster would be best. Easier to do than actual board integration and lets me use it for more than just my own transportation."

She hands it back to the mechanic and speaks again.

"So, where would you like to begin?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

I looked Liluke up and down, admiring the mechanisms of her body. Whoever made this robot really knew what they were doing 'I really wouldn't know where. Never worked on a Maxilos before. Your leg servos must've taken some wear from the race earlier, though. Of course, you'll be rendered unable to walk when I'm working on them. Your choice, really.'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

I entered the garage, and that Po-Matoran was waiting for me, with a smile? Looks like I really made him happy. "Man, you sure got skills with this car. Cash winnings is 28,000, and we are ready to go with any upgrades. Oh and nice shot with that Copper."

"Thanks."

Well at least he gave me the cash. 'Bout time I get some upgrades on this thing. I drove it up to a lift, and a holographic menu popped up next to me. I presses the visuals button and it took me to a whole selection of items, from Paint, Body Kits, Vinyls. Decals, Numbers, and Gauges. I pressed paint, and it gave me two other windows, Body Paint and Rim Paint. Obviously I'm going with Body paint. Then it took me to a color selector, where it gave me three color styles, Gloss, Metallic, and Custom. So picked my color and my style, and the car out of the paint area.

I chose a gloss grey color for it, seeing that at least it hid the white body paint that it had.

IC(Drox, TTbar): This guy was good. Although it had obviously suprised him a bit that I knew a little about him, he had kept his demeanor calm and collected. If the guy was hiding anything besides the usual stuff Suits hide, he didn't show it. The shadows definitely helped, though. I found it irritating, as I was unable to read the already well-controlled face the suit was wearing. Bloody traditionalists. They always seemed to have the best tactics.

In reply to Vod's question, I gave my list of requirements. "I just have a few requirements, mostly to make sure my body and my career remain intact and unspoiled. First, to avoid an arrest by you or your superiors because of my involvement, I want a handwritten note of all the details, and your signature, on that notepad. You have my word that it will not be released to the public unless you arrest me, in which case a copy will be sent to every major newspaper in the city by a personal courier. Second, in order to keep this professional, I don't want you mentioning anything about me in your public press releases, other than the fact that you have an investigative reporter on the job."

The toa on the other side of the table seemed suprised, but maybe that was the shadows. "I want Mantox, or whatever name you find on my records, to be kept silent to everyone but your superiors. My goal is to be known to the world of Suits and gang-lords, not to the ordinary people on this town. My reputation's shot if anyone finds out any information on me, not to mention the hordes of fans banging down my door. I like my privacy. As for money, I won't take any from you. My contacts provide me with a hefty sum for my write-ups when I finish my task. However, I want access to any items or rescources you can "legally" get me while I'm on the case. I keep the items given to me, but access to unauthorized areas will become void after I've finished. Those are my terms."

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC:

Just as I was about to leave, the Po-Matoran came up to me and said, "Hey, I forgot to give you this." He hands me an ear piece, which I really don't know about.

"What is it?"

"It's a communicator. I can contact you whenever a race is going down here. Or contact me whenever you need some help."

"Thanks. I'll keep this handy."

"Oh, by the way, I forgot to give you my name. My name is Potalieum."

"Nice to meet you to Potalieum."

I hopped into the car and drove of to wherever I feel like going.

IC: Liluke (Shop)

"The legs sound good." Liluke replied, moving over to an empty table. Pulling out her black-fire sword, she used it as a cane to balance herself as she pulled her left leg up onto the surface. A second or two later, and it can be heard slowing to a halt, sagging as her control leaves it.

"Alright, go ahead and take a look."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

The extra issue had been finished. Koglar grabbed a copy and began to slowly browse through it. Paper boys would be running around the city soon, delivering papers, screaming 'EXTRA! EXTRA! ANTIDERMIS IN THE CHUTES!'.

The city would be changed. If there was Antidermis in the Chute systems, where else could the Antidermis be? It could be anywhere. The Suits wouldn't be able to deny the rumors, as one of their own had confirmed them.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: I'm assuming the leg has been detached from Liluke

I quickly slid over to the leg, activating the magnifying lens on my mask. 'Yup, lots of wear and tear on the joints, no doubt about it. This'll take a few minutes, if you want to sit in the waiting room, grab a newspaper or something, that would wonderful.' I pulled out my tools, and set to work on the beautiful piece of machinery my client called a leg.

ONE TIMESKIP LATER

I lay down my clockmaker's tools. 'Liluke! Come in here, I think I'm done with your leg!' As she hobbled into the room, I twinged some of the artificial nerves. The leg proceeded to stretch out suddenly, hitting me in the jaw with the force of... well, a hydraulic leg, sending me to the floor.

'If my jaw's broken,' I paused, groaning in pain. 'You're paying damages.' I pulled myself up, quickly altering some of the work I had done, then twinged the nerves again. This time, it was a smooth, soft motion, like a lady's leg should have. 'Right, that's one down. Want to give me the other?'ANOTHER TIMESKIP LATER

'Aaaaaaand that's both legs.' As she reattached it, I knelt down beside her. 'So, are we ready to have that holster installed?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

I made my way to the outskirts of the city of Gearheadville. It looked liked if it was part of the Stab N' Grab, or The Ghetto. Due how the buildings looked and how deserted the streets are. As a passed the first street, I stopped and turned off the engine. Something was coming after me, fast and loud. Rahi? No, not in this part. What seemed to be one car, was actually three cars. All Muscle, and ready to race against me.

In the middle, is the crew leader, and on his/her sides, two guys just backing him/her up. The car in the middle came right up beside me on my left. The driver rolled down their window, then I saw who the driver was. She was a very fine looking Ga-Toa, with a Kakama. "So you think you can come into my town with that ride? I think it's time to show me what your really made of."

Her voice was so soothing, even after the way she talked to me. So she lined herself up, and I got ready for the race.

IC: Liluke (Workshop)

"Yes, indeed."

She feels that she can at least tentatively trust this mechanic, he's done good work on her legs and hasn't shown any sign of being affiliated with the darker side of the city, other than the hoverboard races. Those are always hovering just outside the law, not far away from it like the drug cartels or organized gangs that roam the Stab 'n Grab.

And plus, a hoverboard would make it much easier to get around quickly without trying to find a vehicle that fits her massive robotic body.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

'Okay,' I said, flipping down a second lens over the one on my mask. 'Let's get to it.'

I directed Liluke to a table, and told her to lay down on it. Once this was accomplished, I pulled out my clockmaker's tools, and slowly pried the armour on her back open.

'By the Great Beings....'

Never had I seen such an intricate arrangement of circuitry and mechanisms, not even in my own clocks. It was, in a way, beautiful, that something as artificial as this could give and sustain life.

'Okay.. ummm, sorry, but... wow.' I promptly stopped mentally swooning over Liluke, and went to work. 'Okay, this is a delicate procedure, and yes, there is every chance that I could paralyse you, but I'm sure it would only be a temporary problem.' Right on freaking cue, my fingers twitched ever so slightly, and disconnected the mechanism that allowed her control over her legs.

She turned her head up, and gently pushed it back down. 'Temporary problem!' I yelled. I walked over to a nearby workbench, and grabbed two electromagnets. I then, ever so carefully, wired them up to her equivalent of a brain, and closed up her armour.

'Okay, do you want the good news or the bad news first?'

BZPRPG Profiles