Desolation

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: Actually, only one Zesk. The other two high-tailed it outta there once their compatriot was shot in the leg.

IC:

For every warrior out here in the desert, there is at least one person who'd rather stay inside with a cool drink in his hand than go and get his tail kicked fighting every random Vorox who wandered through. For example, I, Mr. Raleo Dupoint, would almost exclusively be found in the latter category, having decided to stay in my nice little corner table at Madam Imadam's with a glass of house ale while everyone else (including the actual bartender) decided to go on some wild hunt for something which wanted to kill them.

And they say I'm weird.

Glancing at the current occupants of the inn, my gaze settled upon a fellow Agori of the fire tribe, whose dusty red armour was covered by a brown coat, and who seemed to be nursing a glass of water and muttering to himself. In an instant, I weighed the potential ramifications of both talking to him, and leaving him be, before finally moseying over to where he sat and climbing onto the stool next to him.

"Fine weather 'e're havin' today, eh?" I mused aloud, "Good time for a fight with something that'll probably rip yer throat out..."

OOC: That would be Hejat he's talking to.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Unexpected Interaction is Super Effective!IC(Hejat): Hejat turned his eyes to the voice and saw another Fire Tribe Agori. It wasn't a surprise to see one, but this one looked like he was dragged down the mountian side. "Perhaps," Hejat replied after a moment's pause, "But I'm not looking to die today. Maybe tomorrow. But today." He gave a small smile.

WIP

IC: Silver managed to finish off the crippled Zesk, but Kali was less lucky with the other one. It scrambled up, using its four limbs to grip to the wall of the alley. The shockwave and shrapnel from the blast swatted it down like an errant fly though, leaving it stunned on the ground. Before she could finish it off, the remaining Zesk leapt out of the sand, grabbing her head with its forearms with scratching and scraping at her with its back legs.

Distracted by delivering a bit of a beat-down to Kranos, the Vorox didn't notice either Jayn or Sykia opening fire upon it. The slugs and thornax tore through it in an explosion of gore and metal. It dropped to the ground, now missing most of its upper torso

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

I smiled good-naturedly at this fellow's misinterpretation of my statement, "No, me neither, mate. I'm just musing on how so many reasonable folks can head out on such a fool's errand in these times..."

Shifting slightly in my seat, I offered a hand to my neighbour, "Name's Dupoint; good to see another fellow with some common sense around these parts."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Zierum (Streets)

"Well, that's quite the mess."

A comment flew out of the Glatorian's mouth even as he turned away from the gory corpse of the Vorox, instead opting to go ahead and help out Kali with the Zesk.

Dashing over, he grabbed onto the clawing Zesk and pulled away, removing the beast from Kali's face. Zierum proceeded to restrain the thing, holding it's limbs down with his shins and hands, one shin getting both a leg and the tail while his crippled one had but one leg.

"You alright there, miss?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC:

With another slash, I brought the second Zesk's life to a bloody close, before turning to the Jungle Glatorian from earlier, who was currently restraining the third and final creature. With a quick and eye-catching twirl of sword, I brought it down just a few inches from the beast's skull.

"Want me to finish that for you?"

IC:

I returned the chuckle, "Well, some things just can't be helped, now can they. In any case, it's good to make your acquaintance, Hetaj."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Idly, Jeyn slipped his weapon back into its holster, buttoning it closed. The Glatorian brushed the dust off of his coat, and slipped his hands into his pockets.

"Well, that was quick."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Sykia

"FREAKIN THING JAMMED THE BLOODY CAPACITORS," was the only thing that was heard from Sykia, as she seemed to be in the process of melting a hole in the Vorox's corpse through looks alone. While she was hitting the side of her oversized rifle, of course. The thing gave a click-whirrrrrr sound, but otherwise didn't explode. Yet.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:"Miss, I don't think that's how you're supposed to treat a gun. You treat one like you would a lady. Respectfully. At least, that's how the smith that made mine compared it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I can point weapons, too!"

In an instant, Anyanka had her butterfly knife whipped from its holster on the outside of her right thigh and elongated; the serrated edge of the knife bobbed carefully right across Jeyn's Adam's apple, ready to cut his throat open like a hunk of soft cheese in an instant.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Weeeeeeeell."

"This night just got a lot more interesting." The Fire Glatorian's hand had drawn his blade, but in his intoxicated state, he wasn't quite fast enough to block the incoming weapon. Anyanka's knife was mere millimeters from his throat, and at the moment, she was faster than he was.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Gee, thanks. Helpful for once and I get a knife to my throat, with a distinctly apathetic response. I'll remember that next time I think about giving someone a hand for free."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Drinker

Drinker stood off to the side, half chuckling, half shaking his head. "You villagers are so petty," he muttered just loud enough for the others to hear. Putting his shield halves on his back, he walked back to the place that he had put down his mug of ale, but to his surprise, it was gone. Fortunately, he knew who did it...

IC: TRZ

TRZ, or "That Random Zesk", as the townspeople called him, admired the curious object in his claws. It was round, sort of like a post, with an opening in one end. It had some sort of rectangular thing jutting out of the end of it. The inside seemed to be wet and smelled of... something, TRZ couldn't tell, but it smelled attractive and repulsive at the same time. A trail of spilled liquid lay behind him, but it was of no interest to the Zesk. Shrugging, TRZ dragged the curious object into a corner behind a house. His personal hideout was here, and there were many other trinkets to be found. Bits and pieces of metal, iron knives, thornax shells, jewelry, and many other items utterly useless to a Zesk, but that still caught his attention. Happily chirping, TRZ placed the newest addition to his collection, the wooden mug, onto the pile, before scurrying off again.

Edited by Constructman

IC: Tagar

The silver and green Glatorian sat in the bar, waiting for something, anything to happen. He wanted to use his Vacuum powers. It had been a while, and he felt they could release them self if he held the energy in for two long. He didn't want that to happen. It could destroy a lot. He was always awed by his power.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Relic [Madam Imadan's]

There was a quiet hush that fellow over the bar as the doors opened, revealing one of the strangest and most unique sights here in Desolation. The being that entered would have been incredibly gaunt were it not for his armoring, which was bound to his form; upon his head was a helmet that appeared as a tool from the days when the Great Beings walked Spherus Magna.

He was a relic of the past; that was what had gotten him his name. Activity began to return as people started to remember what they were seeing (he was not a frequent visitor at this time of day), and the metallic creature took a seat next to Tagar, the only figure in the bar as strange of origin as himself.

"I would like the Daily Double." Relic said. The Daily Double was one of the strangest drinks of the bar, made out of Great Beings know what... no, scratch that, two different Great Beings knew what, mixed together. It changed every day, supposedly.

As the bartender got his drink, he turned to Tagar - who was speaking with another figure now - and asked, "Aren't you that fellow who caused all that commotion on Ghost Street a fortnight ago?"

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Tagar glanced at the figure sitting next to him. This was a strange figure called 'Relic.' Tagar found kin in him, seeing as how they had unexplained powers. From what Tagar could tell, both of their powers came from the Great Beings. Relic could make mists out of his sword. Tagar could absorb air and release it in large bursts.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Relic [Madam Imadan's]

Relic snapped his finger - or, tried to, at least - and pointed a moment, before lowering his hand and saying, "Yeah, it is you. People started thinking Old Tapper was getting active again or something. What exactly happened?"

OOC: The mist sword I can understand, but how would Tagar know about Relic's vision powers? Heck, Relic probably doesn't even realize it, since he wears the helmet all the time.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: KranosKranos's conversation was inturrupted by a strange, ancient being."Aren't you that fellow who caused all that commotion on Ghost Street a fortnight ago? Yeah, it is you. People started thinking Old Tapper was getting active again or something. What exactly happened?"What!? The Glatorian caused some commotion? What kind? Kranos thought as he drank. Who is this?"Can I ask who you are?"

IC:

Anyanka stared after Dreamer as he walked back into the pub, mouthing words but making no sounds; her hand wielding the knife dropped as she pouted, and the weapon folded in on itself and dropped back into its holster as she crossed her arms and harrumphed cutely.

"I oughta tie his intestines into his excretory system so that he whizzes stomach acid," the barely post-adolescent muttered, kicking at the dirt in offense.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"Me? I am Tagar, one of the few beings here with powers, from what I can tell. I can suck up air, and then release it in large explosive bursts. I call it 'Vacuum." He then turned to Relic and said, "I don't remember that well. I guess I used my powers in a large amount."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

I nodded silently, trying to give the moment as much dignity as I could muster, before raising my blade and bringing it down on the Zesk's skull - only this time, without a moment of hesitation - cleaving it into a gory V-shape, accidentally splattering both myself and the Jungle guy in the process.

"Well," I said, wiping the sword off on the sandy dirt-road, "That was fun. What can we do next?"

IC:

Now, that is a question; why am I here?

"Oh, y'know, the usual story: I've got wares to sell, there are people here to 'em to," I explain light-heartedly, taking small sips of my drink in-between every few words or so, "You?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC(Hejat):Hejat took a long drink of his water before speaking. "I relocated out here, as the town's blacksmith, after the....shattering. I was told the business was good here, and it was for a while." He waved a hand at the creaky bar and how empty it was. "You probably know the rest of the story of this town."

WIP

IC:

"Hey Anyanka-the-bipolar-person!" I called over to the Glatorian, waving my sword in a manner that was honestly meant to be friendly, but could, I guess, in the right light, be perceived as threat, "I didn't see you over there!"

Suddenly, an immaterial candle flickered to life inside my mind, and I muttered, "I hope I haven't been fired for leaving work in the middle of my shift."

IC:

"Ay, all too well," I replied, remembering the multitude of times I'd been reminded of the rise and break-neck fall of the town (perceptively) called Desolation, "S'real shame 'bout the exsidian. No chance, I guess, of unearthing a new vein?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]