Desolation

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Sykia

With the sound of a palm hitting the side of a metal plate, the partially disassembled thornax rifle slid back together. This was shortly followed by the much louder sound of a rust-red boulder being blasted apart by by an over-rip thornax fruit. Much louder.

"...What? Had to test it somehow."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

The Iron Glatorian's beautiful, stoic face split in a grin, innocent in its simplicity and mischievous in the glint of her perfect white teeth, like that of a student who just pulled off their senior prank. Anyanka pounced forward and picked up Kali underneath her arms in a hug, spinning on the balls of her feet as she squeezed the Water Glatorian.

"You're a good friend, you know."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Kali barely avoided flinching, but when the quick move was revealed to be nothing more than a hug (at least the mechanic didn't see any weapons) she relaxed, and her smile was easier now. She hugged the Iron Glatorian back, uncomfortably at first but untensing slowly. Ma had always said Kali trusted too easily, but that it wasn't something to be weeded out. "Thanks. So..."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Zierum (Streets)

He's gotten up by now, shoving the dead Zesk onto the other's corpse.

Rejoining the main group of beings just hanging 'round, he speaks.

"Well, is anyone gonna be doin' anymore things like that anytime soon, or can I get back to the shop and repair this thing before it explodes in my face?"

The 'thing' he's referring to is the CTS, which looks a bit worse for the wear. He may have landed on it during that tackle..

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Tagar

Before Tagar could respond, Kranos fired off another question. Tagar replied, "Not sure if you're talking to me or him, but I'm Tagar and he's Relic. As for news, I don't know. You know if anything dangerous is going on?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: RaknarMiddaySlim SidewaysRaknar would have ordered a shot, but he'd sworn to himself that he would drink alcohol only at night and on special occasions. Stupid pledge, but he wouldn't be hired if he were drunk during working hours. Stupid discrimination against alcoholics. Stupid desert.God, he needed a drink.He'd wound up in Desolation like a tumbleweed would wind up against the side of a rock: tossed by the wind and left to lie. Did he have any strength of his own to get up and move? Probably not.God, he needed a drink.OOC: Open for interaction and / or hiring.

Edited by Legolover-361

IC DrinkerDrinker reentered Madame Imadam's. "My utmost apologies," he said to nobody in particular, his deep and elegant voice booming out, "But it appears that you are missing one mug. I probably don't have to explain." The whole village was aware of the resident Zesk, even if he rarely showed his face, and they knew that he liked to hoard random trinkets. Ordering another mug of ale, he sat down near Relic, Tagar, and Kranos, whistling an old Skrall warsong to himself.IC Sur"What am I doing in this place?" Sur thought to herself as she sat down at a table in Slim Sideways. For some odd reason, she was having meal here rather than at the more respectable establishment of Madame Imadem's. Wait, that was it. Sideways had a special combo that Imadam's didn't have. A drink that Sur was very fond of despite knowing that it was probably really unhealthy. Sipping her drink, she looked around at the other customers, before setting her eyes on a Glatorian. Iron tribe? She couldn't tell; she couldn't tell a Tesera and Tajun glatorian apart and to make matters worse, there had only been a handful of Iron Tribe members passing through Desolation. Oh well. Wasn't important. Sur went back to her drink.OOC Legolover, interaction?

IC: As the bodies of the Vorox and Zesk were dragged away, some wondered why the sheriff hadn't come to sort this mess out. It was his job after all. Instead it had been left to some locals, fine upstanding folk the lot of 'em. Why did they put up with that kind of laziness from a sheriff, no matter how big and scary he happened to be, they didn't know. They ought to go give him a good stern talking to. Just...maybe not today. Maybe they'd wait until he was a bit less big and scary...

Truth of the matter was that Black Buck was further down Church Street. At the actual Church, in fact, wiping the blood of a second Vorox off his sword. The creature had been trying to remove the grisly headpiece from the church's threshold. Well that was mighty peculiar and make no mistake. He'd have to make a few inquiries about that, that he could be sure of

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: DericiusDericius was sitting in a lonely corner of Madam Imadam's. His feet were propped up on his table, his helmet tipped over his eyes. His sword was sheathed, and his launcher on the table. He took a sip of slightly metallic-tasting fruit-flavoured water.OOC: Open for interaction. But don't expect quick replies. :P

IC: Kantebe / Madam Imadam's

As Dericius sat in the corner, an Agori came up and sat down next to him. "Strange people around these parts, no?" he asked, eyes caught on Relic and Tagar at the bar.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC:

Again, I shrugged (this is turning into a habit with me), "Oh well. I suppose it's not of much importance at the moment."

Taking another measured sip of my drink, I gave Hejat a wry grin, "What I really need to know, is if there's any need for sundry supplies 'round these parts. You'd know anything about that?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC(Hetaj): "I don't need any currently. I'm sure a few people around here would consider you a Spirit-send." Hejat took a drink from his water, finishing it, ordered another, than continued. "You could set up shop, plenty of buildings to pick from. If you don't mind pouring money in a dead town."

WIP

"Unusual. Weird. Queer. Bizzare. Irregular. Different."

He wasn't very keen on the difference between a definition and one of those... swai-no-nwaim things.

IC: Gaverin / Temple of the Beast

As Black Buck finished dealing with the Vorox, a much older Glatorian emerged from the shadows. Gaverin had no doubt that Black Buck had seen him - he had enough experience with Skrall from the war - and thus didn't expect any surprise to be garnered. While the Skrall cleaned off his sword, Gaverin asked, "Curious behavior for a Vorox, ain't it sheriff?"

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC Sur[...] Sipping her drink, she looked around at the other customers, before setting her eyes on a Glatorian. Iron tribe? She couldn't tell; she couldn't tell a Tesera and Tajun glatorian apart and to make matters worse, there had only been a handful of Iron Tribe members passing through Desolation. Oh well. Wasn't important. Sur went back to her drink.OOC Legolover, interaction?

OOC: Sorry, I wasn't sure how to have Raknar initiate interaction with Sur, but now I know.IC: RaknarSlim SidewaysThe gaze of another patron lingered on Raknar for a few seconds too long. It soon moved away, but not before Raknar had turned to its source. "Hey. Is there a problem?"

IC: "Rightly so," Buck agreed. Gaverin was right in assuming the sheriff knew he was there; Buck had heard the Glatorian's footsteps crunching in the sands, had seen the patterns of dust in the wind change and warp as his body altered the currents. "How many men you know can still swing a sword?" Buck asked, "Might be time we did a little 'sploring in the wastes. See what our spiky friend was a'doing here."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Swane

The band of Skrall eyed the town. Swane stood up, and pointed at three. He nodded his head at the town, and they knew what they had to do. The three got up, picked up their swords and shields, and started running at the town, while the rest of the band stayed behind.

IC: Karis

Looked up Slim Sideways and saw an Iron Tribe Glatorian next to one of the Jungle Tribe. Karis walked across the bridges and sat down next to the Iron Tribe. He looked familiar, though it wasn't like he couldn't be. After all, only a handful of Iron Tribe citizens were still alive, and they all knew each other, if only vaguely.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

"Nah, I'm not looking to employ you. Just looking for some conversation." he replied.

IC: Gaverin / Temple of the Beast

"I know of a few. But I think you do more talking around these parts than I do, sheriff. I mostly just watch nowdays."

OOC: Most of those brave swordarms seem to have stopped there posting. Round these parts. Had to add that.

IC: Kantebe / Madam Imadan's

"Eh, I'm not concerned. I'm gonna get killed one day anyways, and there's nothing left to steal."

IC: KranosKranos finished his drink, and got ready to leave for the day. He checked if all his possessions were there, which, they were. He stood up and faced the two he was sitting by."Nice meeting you, I've gotta go." he said gruffly, and headed for the door.OOC: Open for interaction...

Edited by Takua Dragonstar7

IC (Kae, Church Street): Kae moved slowly down Church Street and out of town, headed for the church itself. She had followed a trail of mysteries and hints to Desolation, but here, the scent had gone cold, and the trail was obscured. Legend had it that this church held secrets, so here it was that she resumed her search. Maybe those secrets, if they were found, would be relevant to her, maybe not. It was still as good a place as any to be having a look around.

ppg2.png

IC:

"This place is officially bonkers."

Jeyn announced, pushing open the door to Imadam's, and moving toward the bar. Out of habit he brushed the minute accumulation of dust off of his coat, settling onto his stool once more. And yes, he did consider it his stool. No one else ever used that one, after all.

"Vorox huntin', bipolar Iron Tribe members, a Skrall for a sheriff, an' a vigilante for a barmaid. Yeah, this place is bonkers."

"Can I get another drink?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Karis

Karis said gruffly, "I'm Karis. I'm sure I would recognize your name if you told me it. We are kin, after all. Both Iron Tribe survivors."

IC: Swane

The Skrall would be entering Ghost Street right now. They would look down the street for something good to steal, get it, and then move on. If they encountered anyone, they would try to kill them. When they to the end of Ghost Street, they would turn back and head back to the main group.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Kantebe / Madam Imadan's

"Look, neighbor, I ain't no thief. Don't be goin' 'round assuming every Agori you meet is some kind of thief, cuz we ain't. I'm a miner. Scratch that... was a miner. Now I just do what I need. But no thieving. That's just wrong."

He leaned back, far too comfortable looking than any person had right to be around town. Especially when they were unemployed.

IC: Old Tapper / Ghost Street

The Skrall that Swane commanded would find themselves in an area of the street that seemed just a little darker than the others during their investigation. And in that alley, they would meet something that even the most worldy folks around these parts were scared of - Old Tapper, the legendary ghost of Ghost Street.

The simple tapping of the street was easily attributed to nothing more than a normal occurence to the Skrall. After all, Skrall are not particularly well known for being scarred of tapping, especially when it doesn't seem hostile. There would be no reason for such marauders to fear.

As they moved, the lid of an old trash can suddenly flew out from one of the adjoining alleys towards one of their heads with great precision.

OOC: The trick is that nobody has ever seen him during the day. Ergo, anyone who sees him in the day must have been killed...